Thank you for the feed back. Just to point out, the work was done two years and one month ago before the review was posted and until then we were not aware about this until the review was posted. The last time the customer contacted us was in October 18, 2016 and informed us that that the manufacturing company will compensate for the costs. We learned these concerns only from the review.
As you can read from the customer's review: the leak was caused by a manufacturer defect which was identified by us when we conducted the leak investigation. It was determined that the leak was the result of a manufacturer defect in the area of the jet tubing. This kind of manufacturer defect can be detected visually very rarely since the right layout of the tubing is determined by the manufacturing company specialists and it is pretested after the assembly of the unit in the factory. This is why, it could not be detected visually by us, but only when the whirlpool starts working, the leak may appear.
N.B: We did this work in September of 2016.
We need to mention the bathtub was very heavy and when they carried it, they accidentally scratched the wall. We recognize this was our fault and we changed our policies from 2016. From then on, if the bathtub is very heavy, we ask the customer to invite movers to bring it upstairs. This is more safe and will protect their properties. As for this case, we asked the customer how much to compensate for the wall and the customer said: $50. In the review, the customer said he spent more money to paint the hallway, but we asked if we should pay more and he said $50 is good. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we have been more careful since then on. If the bathtub is really heavy, we advise the customer to bring in movers.
To recap: before installing the whirlpool, we visually checked the tub for damages. This is our regular procedure which we do every time before any installations. It is a necessary part of the installation. We did not find any visual damages that would prevent us from doing the installation.
Shortly after the installation, the customer called us about a leak and we scheduled an appointment. We do not know why it was 2 days later, because more than 2 years have passed and we cannot recollect this. Usually we come on the same day or the day after if the customer wants us to check something. On this visit we needed to conduct an investigation in order to find the source of the leak. For this, a standard procedure for water leaks was conducted. A water test was conducted and no leaks were detected from upstairs. The only way to determine the source of the leak was to open the ceiling. He opened it with the customer's permission. Prior to the investigation, as was discussed with the customer, if the leak was found to be a result of our work then we would take full responsibility for the ceiling and further plumbing repairs. With the customer's permission, the ceiling was opened. During the investigation, the plumber identified that there were no problems with our drain and water connections and we ruled out this possibility. The only possibility left was a manufacturer defect which was confirmed later on. To emphasize again, prior to the installation a visual assessment for damages on the whirlpool was done by us. At the end it was found out that the leak was caused by a manufacturer defect on the jet tubing. At the point of visual inspection, such a defect could not be identified by us visually. In no case it could have been seen visually by us. Again, when we did the visual inspection, we did not find any visual damages that would prevent us from doing the installation. Besides, it was tested by manufacturer assemblers prior to being bought by the customer. After the investigation, I spoke to the customer and he told us to send him an invoice for the leak investigation, which we did.
Some further highlights: in a few weeks we contacted him to ask if he contacted the manufacturing company. In the middle of October the customer sent us a message that the manufacturing company agreed to cover his costs including our invoice and he would pay us. Please note that this was after a month that the service was completed. After that we did not hear from the customer about any concerns and references to any damages mentioned in the review, nor that he is connecting anything at all back to our work. During this time, the customer did not reach us with any concerns or questions or issues. The last time we heard from him was in October 16, 2016 when he told us about him contacting the manufacturer company of the whirlpool and that the company will pay his costs. So we didn't hear from the customer at all during all of this time until the review was posted - it was posted 3 months ago.
We built our reputation over the years. We worked hard all of this time to make sure that the customers are happy with our work and to provide them with the best work that we can do. We pay attention to all their concerns and return calls right away when they want to check or recheck something as well as accommodate their needs in any potential situation. We always get back to our customers and clarify/address any concerns in a prompt manner. This review took us by surprise but we will take this experience to grow further while taking in mind this experience.