A And Y Plumbing, Drain And Waterproofing

Drain Services
A And Y Plumbing, Drain And Waterproofing

Reviews for A And Y Plumbing, Drain And Waterproofing

Whirlpool tub install

I read the reviews about this company and they looked pretty good. I'm sure they are fine for small repairs and installing faucets.

I had a similar experience, to another recent review, about a bathroom upgrade.

I was left with a flooded house, multiple giant holes in the ceiling, and scratched walls on my freshly painted hallway.

The company wanted to charge me extra for finding the leak, that in the process of finding, destroyed my ceiling.

Let's get to the beginning of the story:

I ordered a whirlpool tub from Costco, which was delivered to my home.

I inspected this tub, and decided to call a plumber to do the installation, because I was not qualified to do it myself.

I noticed a pipe on the hot tub, which led out from one of the jets, was open, while all the other ones were closed. I asked Alex, the person who answered the phone from the plumbing company, to please make a note on the work order of this concern, and to have the plumber verify if this is okay. he told me that it's not necessary to make a note of it, because the plumber is a professional, and he would notice any problems.

I should have canceled at that point, because ignoring customer concerns is not good practice.

The reviews were pretty good on this company and I decided to go ahead because I trusted them.

I was not home when they showed up, because they were late. I did call the plumber and ask him to please inspect that pipe. He assured me that he would.

A few hours later I came home to double-check his progress, and to remind him about inspecting the tub. I saw that as he had moved the bathtub up the stairs, he had done a lot of scratches along my walls which were freshly painted just a few months before. I had spent more than $500 to paint that hallway. In a short time, he had made a brand new paint job look like garbage.

Things were not looking good. But I did see that the bathtub was in place. The plumber assured me that everything was inspected.

I left and let him finish his work. I came back later and he was ready to go.

After he left, I finished the faucet plumbing, and tested the tub. my wife was downstairs and started yelling about the tub leaking.

I quickly drained it all, and called Alex.

I had to wait until they came back a day or two later, to check it. Instead of quickly checking, the plumber kept the water running forever, causing a huge flood in the ceiling, and then he felt that he had to cut open two giant holes in my textured ceiling of the living room.

After causing several thousand dollars in damage, Alex called me from their head office, stating that I owed them more money for the inspection.

Eventually we found that the cause of the leak, was the same pipe that I was initially concerned about and asked him several times to inspect.

Alex wanted $200 extra, and meanwhile I wanted them to pay for the damages.

I didn't really want to get into a big argument. I told him I would hold back any payment until damages could be assessed.

The living room ceiling is still not fixed. I did not pursue him for damages. The blame is somewhat on the manufacturer of the tub. And that's why I didn't give a zero rating.

They got paid $500 for their work, plus taxes, minus $50 for a can of paint.

I lost thousands of dollars in damages.

Alla N from Richmond Hill
Alla N from Richmond Hill
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Kitchen Faucet

A & Y Plumbing performed the following services: new kitchen faucet, supply lines and valves installation and some part of pipe replacement. The plumber arrived in time, worked fast and professional. Prices are reasonable. Thank you!

We always welcome feedback, thank you for your kind words! Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Lilian  from Toronto
Lilian from Toronto

Blocked Pipe from Washing Machine

It was a pleasure dealing with A & Y Plumbing. They responded quickly and resolved the issue the same day! Pricing was reasonable. The drain pipe from our washing machine was blocked, resulting in water pouring out onto the floor. Alex was knowledgeable, friendly, quick, and did the job. After the pipe was snaked, he let water run through the pipe for a few minutes to make sure that it was definitely working. Since then, we've done our laundry and had a dry floor! Thank you A & Y.

Thank you so much for your review! It is our philosophy that our work should be completed with the utmost professionalism and to the satisfaction of our customers. We will always be there to help in the future.

victor in Ajax
victor in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Kitchen faucet

I wanted to share my experience with A&Y Plumbing. I had a leaky faucet for a long time. It was quite old. The technician came and suggested to replace my faucet and even recommended the faucet company Moen. I bought the faucet the next day and the technician came early in the morning to replace it and to make a new connection. He was very friendly. I asked him to check the condition of the plumbing in the rest of the house. It was a free inspection and he recommended to install the a softener so the fixtures can have longer life because I have a lot of calcium in my water. I am very thankful that my friend recommended it to anyone who needs great professional service.
Victor

Hi Victor, thank you for your kind words. We are always happy to go further and help out in any way we can. We are always here to help if needed. Thank you, A and Y Team.

Private User reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Bathroom reno

Our contractor subcontracted this company for our bathroom reno this past summer. Everything was a problem. From when they would show up to when they would not leave when asked. They put a pipe through my floor/ceiling. They turned off my water for 8hours when they said it would be 15min. The intial plumber completed very little of the job before he was asked to leave. The follow up plumber came after a flood through my top floor to bottom floor and when he left he said everything was finished up. They never told my contractors what wasn't finished and accepted payment I had been told. Meanwhile... many pipes were left open and unattached in my attic. Joints were left unglued. We have been venting into the attic for about 6months.
Alex, the owner, came by last week with the original plumber and stated that they didn't complete the job because they were asked to leave.
Which isn't true because my contractor called him to get his employee out that night. He knew that employee was not welcome back and that is why Anthony was sent the next time.
As you can all see... this company caused us so many problems and they are very hard and unreasonable to deal with from our experience.
Now we have to get another company to fix their job and to complete the rest of the job.

Jerry
Jerry

Bathroom renovations

I hired A and Y plumbing to do the rough in and finishing for all my jobs Mostly bathrooms as I am Jerry Shaban owner of Bathroom Specialists
. The plumbers A and Y have sent out have always done a professional job at a reasonable rate.I highly recommend them for all your plumbing needs

Hi Jerry, thank you for your wonderful words. It is always a pleasure to work for you. We are always available for you. Sincerely, A and Y Team

Archie in Toronto
Archie in Toronto

Bathroom Renovation

Including rough-in and finishing, I had other quotes ranging from $2200 to $8500. A&Y was willing to do the work on an hourly rate, saving me tonnes of money. Both the plumbers and Victoria in the office are friendly and easy to work with. The work was well done.

Hi, we enjoyed doing this project for you. We will do our greatest to keep up our standards and our good work for you. Thank you, A and Y Team

Yaro in Etobicoke
Yaro in Etobicoke
1 review Newmarket, ON

Watersoftener Broke, Clogged up the whole plumbing system

We suddenly lost all water and pressure throughout the whole house. We saw what initially looked to be rust coming out of taps were actually little resin beads. We thought we caught something from the city. However when Alex showed up, he quickly identified that it was actually the resin bed in our water softener that broke and clogged up our whole system. Alex was very helpful and professional the whole time. He helped clean out the whole house system. From all faucets, shower heads, hot/cold valves, all aerators, to fridge filter, to washing machine filters, to blowing down all the lines. He also replaced several fill valves. Spent about 6 hours on the job. Thank you A and Y and thank you Alex for great help with this disaster :) A+ for quick response time.

Thank you so much for your review. It makes us really happy to be making a difference and helping out. If you will need any future help, do not hesitate to contact us. Sincerely, A and Y Team

kl in Kitchener
kl in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Toilet Tank Fix

My wife and I were having guests over in the evening, but had a little bit of a panic when we noticed the toilet in our guest washroom was not working - the tank was not filling up. Fortunately, our neighbour had a couple of guys from A and Y Plumbing working on a renovation project at the time. I asked one of them to take a look, and they noticed that the toilet hose was leaking and the shut off valve didn't hold the water. Fortunately the plumber had the necessary parts already and was able to fix everything right there and then. What's more is that he noticed that we had hard water stains around our sink and went down to our water softener and fixed the cycle settings. I was thoroughly impressed by the quality and speed of this service!

Thank you for your feedback. We always make sure that our customers get the best service. We were really glad to help out with your other issue and give you advice. We are always ready to help out again. Thank you, A and Y Team.

Serhiy in Toronto
Serhiy in Toronto

Kitchen tap installation

I need to replace the old tap in my kitchen. I called the company, got quick response and the technician was on time and did his job very well and professionally.
I will definitely call them again if I need any plumbing work.

Thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure to do this service for you. If you need any help in the future, we are at your disposal.

More about A And Y Plumbing, Drain And Waterproofing

Plumbing, Drain and Waterproofing Professionals

*Residential and commercial plumbing repairs replacements
and installations
*Cleaning, maintenance, and repair of drainage systems

-CCTV camera inspections
-Removing roots from drain pipes
-Drain power flushing

*Internal and external waterproofing
*Window wells - repairs and installations
*Weeping tile systems repairs and installations
*Sump pump repairs and installations

~Basement underpinning
~Basement lowering
~Basement walk out and entrance
~Bench footing

We are fully licensed and insured with WSIB coverage.
We are also an accredited company under the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

* Same day appointments
* 100% satisfaction guarantee policy
* We have a plumber on call at all times
* Emergency calls within 1 to 1.5 hours