Reliance Home Comfort

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort

Z in Woodbridge
Z in Woodbridge

Had a Reliance water heater for 8 years

I signed a contract with Reliance, through a 3rd party HVAC company. I had just bought a house, which had a 12 year old Direct Energy water heater. My insurance doesn't allow anything older than 10 years.

Over the 8 years with Reliance, I found them a lot easier to deal with than Direct Energy had been.

That being said, there were still the occasional mix-ups in billing, which went against my contract. Sometimes they were straightened out with one phone call, sometimes up to 3 calls. On average, each issue required 2 phone calls.

The water tank was serviced 3 times in 8 years, including thermocouple replacement, and the gas valve.

If I called in the morning, the technician arrived same day. Evening calls were resolved next day.

I've since upgraded to a tankless. I dropped the old tank, back to Reliance. My contract, plus all the people I talked to, plus the paper I got upon returning the tank, did not talk about any fee for returning the tank.

They did tell me of a charge, if they picked up the tank. Which is why I returned it personally.

Now they charged me a $40 plus tax "return fee". The first time I called, I was told that they have no access to help me, and they would transfer me to a manager. Instead, I got disconnected.

I'm calling back a second time. I'm on hold, waiting to talk to someone. I figured I'll use this time on hold. I've been to the bathroom, taken a shower, and wrote this review.

Still on hold.

Reliance charged me $40.

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about this. The $40.00 would be for the account closure fee. Please email me and I can look into this further. My email address is [email protected] Thank you, Penny

Mary in Oshawa
Mary in Oshawa

Fixed heater

Mario was great he fixed my heater. He was so friendly and helpful. I am pleased with the service and would definitely recommend to my friends and family. Thanks Mario!

Eddie in Windsor
Eddie in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

Furnace duct leaking

Thank for Margaret's great service. She was helpful and professional. She arrived to my home earlier than appointment time and fixed a thermostat for us. Furnace was leaking around duct. She sealed not to leak again for an hour. Awesome lady and service. Thank you, Margaret.

Charlene  in Chatham-Kent
Charlene in Chatham-Kent
1 review Chatham Kent, ON

Service

Had issue with hot water tank, called reliance and Jeff was the service guy that came out! Totally professional and asked me about different services offered and told him I will do a follow up about them! Very nice polite guy and friendly!
But did have an issue with the call center bc when I called on Tuesday April 17, 2018 I was informed that someone would be out on Wednesday between 7:30am-11:00 am and no one showed up! So I then called back on Wednesday April 18,2018 and spoke again to someone then she informed me that someone would be out between 4:00pm-8:00pm! Was not happy I had to sit at home all day waiting! But Jeff took care of the issue and I am totally happy now! Thank you!

Jfw in Kingsville
Jfw in Kingsville
1 review Kingsville, ON

Excellent and knowledgeable !

We were interested in a furnace/air system replacement. We called 3 companies. Scott from Relience was the most helpful and took time to answer our questions. After he left we discussed our options and based on Scott’s customer service skills we chose Relience and are glad we did. We called Scott and he came back and signed us up that day.
Our hvac was installed the next day and installer fast and efficient.

Bebon2012 in Kitchener
Bebon2012 in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Hot water tank replacement

Always try to charge $$$, extra costs, broke the vault, come back and wanna charge more, not happy will not renew in future so long already what else to write

jim in Windsor
jim in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

New water tank

Our Service Man Mike #2854 did an excellent job. He called
15 minutes before he came and stated the changing of the
water tank (20 yrs old) should take about one hour.
He delivered as promised and was gone in just over an hour.
Mike really impressed me when before he started the task
of removing the tank he noticed the hook ups for the hot and cold
pipes were hooked up in the reverse order, meaning that our hot water
pipe was connected to the cold opening in the water tank. This resulted
in 20 years of lukewarm water in our showers and baths. The irony
of this situation is that the last one was also installed by Reliance.
Very shoddy work on the part of the previous technician of 20 years ago.
Mike deserves all the accolades he gets. He is truly deservering..
I think we should be compensated for enduring 20 years of insufficient
hot water.
Thank you for your attention to this testimonial.

Barb Newby 519-973-5928

Thank you for your review and feedback. ~Haley

Nabil in Oshawa
Nabil in Oshawa

Service

Mario was great, he made sure every part of the equipment works, very knowledgeable and pleasant. He did not leave until he made sure that everything is working. Great Job Mario.

Thank you for sharing your recent service experience with us, we appreciate your review. ~Haley

vinit in Oshawa
vinit in Oshawa

Water heater repair

My 10 years old water heater motor was making loud noise while running. Upon request for repair, technician arrived to our home and replaced the motor. It was a breeze. No hassle, no mess. In 20 minutes the tech. had finished replacement. Awesome technician, awesome service.

We are so happy to hear you received awesome service, thank you for your review. ~Haley

Joe in Hamilton
Joe in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Water heater repair

Thank you for your great service. The agent was very helpful, polite and knowledgeable. It is hard to find reliable services these days. No pun intended. Best regards. Have a great day.

Thank you for your kind review Joe. ~Haley