Reliance Home Comfort

51 Simcoe Street South Oshawa ON L1H 4G4
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Brantford  >  Reliance Home Comfort
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort

Dave B. Bayview & Eglinton

Disappointing to see that I bought a home 3 years ago and took over a hot water tank rental from Reliance and they did not mention or offer a new tank. I've calculated that the previous owner and I have invested over $8000 in payments for a inefficient hot water tank valued at less than $900 new.

Please e-mail me at [email protected], and I can look into your concern. -Haley

Mark in Toronto

I had Reliance come in to service a boiler in a new home. They promptly cut off the current boiler saying it was leaking CO2 - there was a working CO2 detector within range that was going off. This was done in the middle of February. They offered to have a sales person there that night and have a new boiler installed the next day. The boiler is great and the tech installing was nice but the entire experince left a bad taste

Please e-mail me at [email protected], and I can look into this for you. -Haley

Peter in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

Betty was honest, informative and nice.
Thank you for great service and Install. Installers came on time and did a great job installing. Betty did set up rebate audit for us.

Lester in Etobicoke
1 review Thorold, ON

Trevor was knowledgeable, honest and professional - a joyful departure from our usual bad experiences. We are very happy with him. The installation was fast and clean despite some power hookup issues. The AC is great! Great job Reliance!

1 review Oshawa, ON

The technicians were all good guys. They were informative and patient....got the job done. HOWEVER...a job that was supposed to be done the following day had to be scheduled 3 days later (because we had floods in my city) - so in 106 (F) degree weather - we had to endure my house was @ 84(F) and get my 2 children and dog out to family and friends just to stay out of the house. The morning of the day they were supposed to come, they called and said they couldn't come today and cancelled. That was the hottest day out of all the days that we were waiting. So a job usually done the day after you get the parts wasn't actually finished until 4 days later. With no regard to the fact I had a family..was under their customer care program..and they had ample time to prepare me for a scheduled appointment, they shunned me away. IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE...AND YOU'RE MOVING...DO NOT USE RELIANCE ! They DO NOT care about you if you're under their customer care program. They were more worried about the people that had to pay $$ for their services rather than the ones that HAVE BEEN PAYING (For years in this case). Awful communication, customer service (from their offices) - horrible people that don't care. So much for paying into a customer care plan - we were swept aside for profit and had to suffer. The only reason I put a 1 star for satisfaction is that it isn't the technicians fault and they were really good while they were here.

Darrin P in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND Reliance for any of their services!
I’ve had to call them twice for repairs: once for an AC unit, and the other for a hot water tank.

My 5 year old AC stopped working on a very hot day in July. Service department said I would have to wait 5 days for a technician to come out. With an elderly person in the house who has trouble breathing on humid days I told them that was unacceptable. After some arguing and threatening they magically found a technician to come out and fixed the problem within 20 minutes.

A couple weeks ago my hot water heater was damaged after a flood. They sent out two technicians to look at it: the first recommended it be replaced, the second said it didn’t!? Despite that second technician’s opinion I decided not to take the chance with a gas water heater and have it replaced. That's when the trouble started...

1) They replaced the old tank with a lower capacity unit (the old one was 50L, the new one was 40L)!
2) A valve was damaged when the water was turned back on and the technician just left! A significant amount of water was leaking into a floor drain from the valve so I had to turn the water off at the main to stop the waste.
3) Customer service said they would send someone out the next morning. I specifically asked for a plumber because it was a problem with a valve in the pipes, but the guy they sent out was an HVAC tech and had no idea how to fix it!
4) Customer service said they were sorry for the inconvenience but they couldn’t send out a proper plumber for another 4 days! I argued with the supervisor about this and they agreed to send a plumber out the next morning but I would have to pay for it!
5) The “plumber” came out and had no idea what the valve was for and had to leave with a picture of it to have someone help identify it. He came back about 20 minutes later and said it was a trap seal primer. He said it wasn't needed and suggested replacing it with a straight piece of pipe. Okay...?
6) Two hours later the guy finished what can only be described as a "hack job" including a ball valve, 4 couplers and two small pieces of pipe. He said he had trouble with water still in the line messing with his solder job so he had to get creative LOL. Everything seemed to be fine when the water was turned back on so I paid him and he left.
7) The next day water was spraying from one of the joints he had soldered and was soaking my basement! I shut off the water main again and called Reliance only to be told I would have to wait two days for a plumber to come back! I asked for a supervisor and was told it was the weekend and the only supervisor available couldn't help me!?
8) I asked if I could call a third party plumber to fix the problem now, and have Reliance credit my account, but they stated the supervisor on duty could not authorize that! She suggested I should probably just go ahead and call another company to fix it! LOL I asked her if I did, what guarantee would I have that Reliance would credit my account? She simply replied, “Well they should.”

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

FYI - I ended up calling in a local plumber who, within an hour, had the problem fixed by replacing the entire hack job with one solid stretch of pipe. I’ll have to call Reliance on Monday to fight with a manager to credit my account for the extra work.

Summary: Reliance treats you like gold when they want you to buy their equipment, but they treat you like garbage when it comes time to service it. There are other options out there!!

Job Price

We are so sorry to hear about the poor experiences you have experienced. Please e-mail me at [email protected] for assistance. -Haley

Capacitator needed to be replaced. Tech was very professional and friendly. He called ahead to confirm arrival time, explained the problem and resoltion. Also took the time to give me a thorough understanding of how my system works/should work and answered all my questions. Spare part was on hand and problem resolved within 30 min.

Job Price

Thank you very much for sharing your recent service experience with Reliance. -Haley

1 review Oshawa, ON

lets get one thing outnof the way. I Dont care much about reliance and the only reason why im with them because there is no other choice.. however one tech i worked with and he was just wonderful..

my AC broke twice in the last few months all due to the same part that broke and was replaced by reliance.

i dealt with 4 reliance technicians and i have to say that the last tech Phil was the best, the kindest, most experienced technician i ever worked with from reliance.

he went above and beyong to get my AC running because he knew i had a 10 month old baby and weather has been extremely hot.

he took his time to understand the issues. he knew exactly where the problem was. today the least had no idea what the issues were, over complicated a simple fix just to sound educated about it, and tried to sell me other products, literally almost forced me to buy other products. to say the least they did not know their stuff. but Phil was the complete opposite and did exceptional work.

He even went as far as going back to reliance and picking up a part for me and came back to my house to finish the job which reliance techs never due. All other 3 techs that showed up had little experience, were in a big rush to get the job done in whatever way possible and move on. again Phil was complete opposite. Thank you Phil for your exceptional workmanship..

Job Price

Thank you for your review and feedback. If you need further assistance please e-mail me at [email protected] -Haley

MG in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

It doesn't cool the house. When I call them, they come but the answer is so funny " today is super hot day". Why do you the think I bought the Ac for the nice days !!!!!.
Several maintenance people came to home nothing solve yet.

Job Price

We are sorry to hear that your air conditioner is not working. Please e-mail me at [email protected] and I can follow up on your service issues. -Haley

The Hoover's in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

I found a code on my tankless hot water system to which I made an appointment for service. Jeff called me prior to arrival and proceeded to fix all of my problems and to answer all of my concerns. I asked what I could to to rectify any future problems to which he was able to directed me. Jeff was very personable and professional. If there was a score out of 10 I would give him a 11.

Job Price

Wow, thank you so much for your amazing review! -Haley

More about Reliance Home Comfort