Reliance Home Comfort

HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Brantford  >  Reliance Home Comfort

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort

Z in Woodbridge

I signed a contract with Reliance, through a 3rd party HVAC company. I had just bought a house, which had a 12 year old Direct Energy water heater. My insurance doesn't allow anything older than 10 years.

Over the 8 years with Reliance, I found them a lot easier to deal with than Direct Energy had been.

That being said, there were still the occasional mix-ups in billing, which went against my contract. Sometimes they were straightened out with one phone call, sometimes up to 3 calls. On average, each issue required 2 phone calls.

The water tank was serviced 3 times in 8 years, including thermocouple replacement, and the gas valve.

If I called in the morning, the technician arrived same day. Evening calls were resolved next day.

I've since upgraded to a tankless. I dropped the old tank, back to Reliance. My contract, plus all the people I talked to, plus the paper I got upon returning the tank, did not talk about any fee for returning the tank.

They did tell me of a charge, if they picked up the tank. Which is why I returned it personally.

Now they charged me a $40 plus tax "return fee". The first time I called, I was told that they have no access to help me, and they would transfer me to a manager. Instead, I got disconnected.

I'm calling back a second time. I'm on hold, waiting to talk to someone. I figured I'll use this time on hold. I've been to the bathroom, taken a shower, and wrote this review.

Still on hold.

Reliance charged me $40.

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about this. The $40.00 would be for the account closure fee. Please email me and I can look into this further. My email address is [email protected] Thank you, Penny

oliviahart1

I have the Plumbing Protection Plan and each time I have needed servicing the plumbers have been great. Professional, timely, and came up with solutions and options that worked for me. I was very pleased with plumbing technician Peter D #110349.

Thank you for the great review! We're very fortunate to have Peter as part of our team and appreciate your feedback! ~ Penny

archie in Ingersoll
1 review Ingersoll, ON

WE needed a new furnace so Dean came out got us a price we agreed to and set up the installation the next day. Not only that but he got us the price with air conditioning as well. Very polite and knowledgeable information. Reliance is a very fair company and with the maintenance plan it makes for a stress-free future.

Cboakes in Simcoe
1 review Simcoe, ON

I had a new water softener installed using reliance and the quality of work and the pace of work was great. Water softener was installed and setup within 40 minutes.

Thank you for sharing your comments and review with us! We're so pleased to hear about your experience and hope you enjoy your new water softener! ~ Penny

KJM14 in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Had a main drain backup during a record cold and snowy New Year holiday. Tried many plumbers, but went with reliance since we rented other products with them. First serviceman did not try to fix problem and said it problem would be gone when the temperatures warmed up. Problem returned. Called Reliance again, had a no charge service and Phil & Lucas did everything in their power to fix the problem including using a camera. Needless to say, they were great and the problem has been resolved.

Thank you for letting us know about your service experience! We appreciate your feedback! ~ Penny

wwwwwwww in Sudbury
1 review Sudbury, ON

I was told I wouldn't get service for two more days but with the help of the servicemen that came first he managed to get back in a few hours and completed the job very satisfactorily.John and Rob did an efficient job at 1641 Agincourt ave. thaks again Doug

This is so nice to hear! Thank you for sharing your comments and review! ~ Penny

B&J111
3 reviews Barrie, ON

Rent a hot water heater. Anytime there is an issue, they come as quickly as possible and always fix it. Problem was resolved immediately and also set us up with other personelle to answer questions about an air conditioner.

Thank you for sharing your comments and review with us! We appreciate your kind words and are always happy to help ~ Penny

brooke0362 in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

The Reliance repairman had to condemn and shut down my furnace for emitting carbon monoxide on Thursday. By Friday evening I had a brand new furnace installed ( exceptionally fast service ) thanks to the Reliance sales rep Vince Chambers who was very prompt and professional in assissting us to replace and install a new furnace
within 24 hours ( weather was very cold ) . This was all done for a reasonable rate so we are very satisfied with Reliance services.
Jim --------- Thunder Bay, Ont.

We are so happy to hear that you are a very satisfied customer. Thank you for your review! ~Haley

Windsor in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

We called Reliance as we thought our furnace was leaking water. Ian came out right away and determined it was plumbing line. He worked til 700pm to get repairs done so we were able to have heat and water for the night
Great service

Thank you for your kind review! ~Haley

Nat75 in Thunder Bay
1 review Thunder Bay, ON

My furnace stopped working during the night. The Reliance HVAC technician was here first thing in the morning. He did a full checkup of the system. He also took the time to explain everything to me about possible issues, the tests he was doing and the repair required. The best part was that it was all covered under my protection plan!
Great job! Thank you Cameron Alkins!

Thank you so much for sharing your recent service experience with us! ~Haley

More about Reliance Home Comfort