Tri-M Plumbing

Reviews for Tri-M Plumbing

Charmaine in New Westminster
Charmaine in New Westminster
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Sewer main drain repair, full system flush, and camera inspection

Had a a sewer back up and called another company to snake the drains, cost was $385. Drains backed up next day and called them back, another $385, only to be told sewer main broken underground. Given a quote of $17000. Called Tri-m on the advice of a friend. Jaysen immediately scoped the drain and found the location of the problem just outside the house a few feet underground. Quoted $2000 to dig up, fix problem and them flush entire system and inspect with camera. They also went above and beyond by installing two new clean outs outside the house so that if we ever had a problem down the road, service would not need to be performed inside. They even made sure to put all the landscape materials back exactly the way it was. You would not even know they had been there. Very happy with the work, very professional crew! Thanks guys!

Justin Miedema from Delta
Justin Miedema from Delta
1 review Delta, BC

Blocked pipe

Had a blocked outlet pipe in the laundry room which collects water from laundry and kitchen on the 2nd floor. Tried to fix myself using a metal snake and electrical wiring but the blockage was too far back so I knew I needed to hire someone. I also knew the blockage wasn't too far because a sink with only 10 litres of water plugs. I know plumbers can be expensive and expected $200 cost. Called the company and was told it's $59 for someone to come and then they'll give me a list of recommendations with a price tag. After 10 minutes on the job they quoted a $275 fixed price to clear the blockage to which I expressed concern this may only be a 30 minute job. In the end it took just over an hour of time and this is the last time I hire a professional plumber. Back to Craiglist for me to find folks that have experience and will charge by the hour. I have no issue paying $100 for a hour of work but not $300! Do not use these folks!

Alan in South Burnaby
Alan in South Burnaby
6 reviews Burnaby, BC

Replaced our waste water pipe

I receive a prompt estimate of the cost for the pipe replacement. The workers arrived at the time agreed and completed the service. The service took a bit longer than estimated to complete, but the cost did not change. The job was completed well although there were some difficulties during the process. The process used to line the old pipe was very neat and tidy as it required no digging of a trench in the front yard. I felt that the job had some complications because the process was still fairly new.

christoph luelfesmann from Vancouver
christoph luelfesmann from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Kitchen faucet replacement

My story resembles the one told by one of the previous reviewers.

I called in Tri M to replace a kitchen faucet. Standard job, regular hours, no material involved. The technician told me the cost would be 250 which I found outrageous for a job that would take an hour (I was under pressure though as I left for Europe the next morning). When I told him that all my previous plumbing needs with them had been finished at an hourly rate of about 100, he asked me to produce a bill. I did him the favor just to find that I had called the wrong company in.... Tri M plumbing instead of TRI CITY plumbing, the company that has always done a reliable job for me. Even after seeing my evidence the technician refused to lower the price, but explained to me that their minimum price for a call is 225. Of course, he could not explain why he'd then charge EVEN MORE than this for the one hour it took.

I can only say Buyer Beware.

Susan Wu in Vancouver
Susan Wu in Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Replacement of a broken drainage pipe

We noticed a leakage from a pipe that connects the washer on Wednesday evening and immediately phoned a few plumbing companies. The only one actually answered(instead of leaving a message was Tri-M Plumbing. They sent a plumber to inspect later Thursday afternoon and detected the broken pipe with their cool camera. Repair was carried out according to their inspection. We found their service quite professional and pricing reasonable.

James Holler from Vancouver
James Holler from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Fix a plugged kitchen drain

This is in a reasonably new house, 12 years old. I put too much down the garburator (skin from a cantaloupe and a pineapple), and the kitchen sink stopped draining. The usual solution of baking soda + vinegar + hot water didn't help. A 25' auger (snake) didn't help either.

The technician came quickly; I told him the story, and the estimate is $275 + tax. I said go ahead. It took only about 30 minutes for the technician to finish the job. The total time, including settling of payment, is less than a hour.

I don't know about anyone else, but to me $275 is a lot of money to charge for an hour of work. Mind you this is not an emergency, nor is it off hours. This is during regular business hours at high noon. I am not a plumber; so, when he gave the estimate I thought it might take him a couple of hours, and the price might be reasonable. But, being a professional, he should have known that this job wouldn't take him more than an hour.

I paid the price that was agreed upon. But I would think twice about calling this company again.

The kicker of the story is that he does not want to fix a dripping leak from the sink when he put things back together. He said he will have to charge me extra for this unrelated work, whereas I could simply fix it myself with some "plumber's putty". He even wrote down the words on a piece of paper for me. Thanks!

CL in Burnaby
CL in Burnaby
1 review BURNABY, BC

Replaced Hot Water Tank Under Warranty (Labour Only)

I've used Tri-M Plumbing on two previous occasions and I was reasonably happy with their work. They were pricey but very reliable. I even recommended them to my mom. However, I couldn't help but feel disappointed after my third experience with this company where I paid for 6 hours of labour charges to replace a leaking hot water tank. It really seemed excessive to me. Despite my appeals, they were adamant that the job required 6 hours when factoring in travel time required to verify the warranty coverage, haul away the old tank and obtain the gas permit. My research and sources tell me that replacing a hot water tank should take no longer than 4 hours for a professional. It would have been nice if (at the very least) we wouldn't have been charged full rate for the travel time. I still think this is a quality company with very professional workers. However, I will try another company for my next plumbing project.

Charlie Szalai in North vancouver
Charlie Szalai in North vancouver
3 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Replace kitchen and bathroom faucets.

I was researching several plumbers in Vancouver to help my 91 year-old father with complicated kitchen and bathroom plumbing issues. I spoke with Dave, the owner of Tri-M who offered a seniors discount and a $30 off coupon for the work. Dave dispatched his best plumber, Greg who arrived at my dad's within 30 minutes. Greg was an absolute delight! Fast, professional, efficient, and a great personality. The best part according to my dad; The bill was $100 less than the nearest competitor which is a big deal for a pensioner. And yes...we are very satisfied and will be Tri-M customers for life!

Cheryl Bradley in New westminster
Cheryl Bradley in New westminster
28 reviews New Westminster, BC

Broken Water Pipe

One morning we were leaving for work and noticed pooling water in our front lawn - when we looked, by the panel for access to the water mains there was a bubbling of water - quite a bit. I got on the internet looking for someone to deal with this problem. I found Tri-M on the search that had a promotion to get $25 off a first call for plumbing. I called them and when the guy came it took no time for him to access the problem. We were lucky it was close to the house as if the pipe was longer the cost would be substantially higher. The next thing I knew he had got in the front yard and had dug the trench in order to replace the pipe in less than an hour - very very hard working guy! Another 1 hour and the pipe had been replaced, leak stopped and he had even re-filled the trench. Couldn't have been happier and relieved.