Ace Plumbing

Reviews for Ace Plumbing

Jackie Pascal from Calgary
Jackie Pascal from Calgary

sink plugged

We had an issue with the garburator - it was plugged and we had company coming for dinner. They came quickly and had to take the garburator apart and got everything up and running before our company arrived.

SB from Calgary
SB from Calgary

Clogged Drain

Ace wanted to charge us $600.00 to snake a drain; $200.00 just to show up on the weekend (we were never told this on the phone). We ended up solving the clog with Drano. NEVER AGAIN! Their prices are astronomical compared to their competitors.

jennifer from Calgary
jennifer from Calgary

furnace repair

I called Ace Plumbing for an emergency furnace repair when I couldn't get anyone else to come out on short notice. They explained that it would be $79 for the service call, but that all parts and labour would be extra. After an examination of my furnace, Greg came up with an estimate of over $1700 (slightly cheaper if I bought the membership). Greg said it could possibly be one or two things that could be wrong with the furnace, but he couldn't guarantee me which part needed to be replaced. I explained to him that I could discuss with my husband then get back to him. I then called Atco Gas (which I should've done in the first place). They were at my home within two hours, and fixed my furnace with a simple $85.00 part. No charge for the service call, and no sales pitch to try and make costly and unnecessary repairs. Never would I contact Ace Plumbing again. They are extortionists who are only trying to get more money out of their customers.

barry ackerman in Calgary
barry ackerman in Calgary

backed up sewer

total misrepresentation. told 79.oo service call fee for a backed up sewer would include diagnosis of problem but on arrival , was told diagnosis was 700.oo plus. avoid this firm.

Joseph in Calgary
Joseph in Calgary
1 review CALGARY, AB

replace bathroom faucet

Needed simple bathroom faucet replaced. Committed to $79 show up fee. Quote was for $554 even though faucet only worth $30. Manager refused to explain how quote arrived at except to say it was based on a national price list. That means $500/hour

Gary Bergmann in Calgary
Gary Bergmann in Calgary

Leaking pipe

We recently had a leaking joint under a sink in the bathroom. We called ACE to fix the leak. The plumber was here for about an hour and charged well over the price I would have expected to pay for a simple pipe replacement and valve installation. Having finished my basement myself and knowing what work was involved in replacing the pipe, we paid a very very high premium for this work to be done. While they did a very clean job and the plumber was professional, I cannot say that I would call ACE again without getting other quotes first.

Mr C in Calgary
Mr C in Calgary

Furnace repair

My furnace died during a cold snap so I needed it to be fixed immediately. Ace Plumbing was able to send someone on the same day. This is the type of company that has a flat rate schedule of fees for all the work that they do. This means that they’re expensive, but it also means that they don’t charge by the hour. The fellow who fixed the furnace was very nice, clean, knowledgeable and professional. After diagnosing the problem, he had to leave and go purchase the part required. That meant that the job took many hours but since it was a fixed price service I knew how much I had to pay, regardless of how long it took. In the end, I was generally satisfied with the service, but not sure I would recommend due to their rate schedule (for example, a very simple job could cost hundreds per the flat rate schedule vs. another company that charges per hour + call out fee would be significantly cheaper).

sonam samchok in Calgary
sonam samchok in Calgary

sink leaking

this was coupke of years ago but the vanity sink in master bedroom started leaking inside the cupboard and coming onto the broadloom. we called Ace and they came immediately and did a super job stopping the leak. i found the plumber polite and most importsntly honest in his appraisal and final cost. definitely will use again and recommend highly.

HM in Calgary
HM in Calgary

Service

The bottom blew out of our hot water heater one evening. We called ACE the very next day. They were prompt, polite and answered all our questions. They didn't have the water heater we wanted in stock and it would have taken a few days to get here so we decided on the next size up. It wasn't that much of a price difference and we needed it done. The work was done quickly and properly. We haven't had any problems at all. Would have no issues recommending ACE to others.

Sylvia  Clark in Calgary
Sylvia Clark in Calgary
1 review CALGARY, AB

Product fee

I recently called Ace Plumbing in to fix a leak. They were very pleasant, and worked well...but VERY OVERPRICED. He was here for 2 hours and the bill was over $900.00. The first part was to find the leak $277.0 which took about an hour, 2nd part remove the damaged pipe $277.0 which took 20min, the third $277.0 to replace again 20 min in addition a fee to come out! We were in a bind and needed the leak fixed. However if we had any idea that the price would be so exorbitant we would have used another plumber.
The service was fine, however they are a very overpriced company. I f you need a plumber phone around to others these guys are a rip off.

More about Ace Plumbing

As the Top Choice Award winner for 2017, Ace Plumbing takes the stress out of calling a plumber. We offer high quality plumbing services performed by expert certified plumbers for your peace of mind. Plumbing problems aren't predictable, but our prompt 24/ 7 emergency service is! Give us a call ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in Calgary?