Ace Plumbing

Reviews for Ace Plumbing

Daniel from Calgary
Daniel from Calgary

Overpriced

My kitchen sink was plugged so called these guys since I saw one of their ads. The quote over the phone was reasonable and they could arrive later that day so went ahead.

Once they started working on it, the 'extra fees' started piling up. Want us to use this tool? Extra $200. Cut this pipe? $150. (etc) Eventually we refused to pay more since the guy kept on trying more things (and charging) and still had no clue what was wrong. To his credit he continued to work on it 'for free' until it was fixed. I think you could tell he knew his company was robbing us, but he just works there.

Overall, 1 star for actually fixing it and 2 stars for the guy who was friendly and somewhat apologetic for the big bill. Would not recommend since I can get a lawyer for less than $800 for 1.5-2 hours.

mamma
mamma

AMAZING SERVICE

My water heater froze up during the really cold spell we had this last week. I phoned around and was told I could have an appointment on Monday AM. This was Wednesday. I phoned Ace and Steven was out here the next day. We needed a new part and they had to order it in. Steven was back early the next AM and we now have hot water. Thank you Steven and Ace Plumbing. I won't call anyone else.

Marianne Kozak in Calgary
Marianne Kozak in Calgary

Kitchen sink plugged

It was not a easy problem but he worked very hard and continued until the job got done. I was really impressed and he was very friendly and offered to look at any other problems or questions that I had. I would definitely hire Ace again.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Installation of AquaTrip device

Ace Plumbing installed an AquaTrip device to monitor water usage, in the event of leakage, within the house. The technician was efficient, knowledgeable and courteous. Likewise, the Receptionist was polite and accommodating both on the phone and in email communications. I would use their service again.

Mark from Calgary
Mark from Calgary

Replace hot water tank

I called a few plumbers for quotes to replace a hot water tank. Ace plumbing came in a little higher but they were available that day. So I gave the go ahead for the replacement. The quote got a lot higher as the "extra charges" started to pile up. Why didn't I do my homework first and read the reviews about this company. Save your money, get someone else.

Justin Blain from Calgary
Justin Blain from Calgary

Service Call

Homeowners be aware, quick service but way overprice and poor advice/recommendation. For example : 50G Gas water tank replacement asking $3700 + gst
Market price $1700

Overrated and agressive sale tactics.

bill ballantyne from Calgary
bill ballantyne from Calgary

plumbing

I had 2-40 gallon hot water tanks installed, $3500...way over priced, wrong venting, no permit pulled....Don"t get lured into this like me. Monthly warranty service a rip off.
Buyer beware, get quotes!!!

R Ryan from Calgary
R Ryan from Calgary

plumbing

Very small job - very expensive cost. Was out of town and a family member hired them. When i returned they refused to give me a credit as i had found 3 other companies who gave a quote proving they had overcharged. thanks.

Jody in Mahogany
Jody in Mahogany

hot water tank replacement

Our renters called them to have our hot water tank checked the tech came gave us a diagnosis and and estimate to replace it. We called them the next day to discuss the estimate & book an install and the lady who answers the phone is not able to do this (after a very long spiel about their happy today guarantee just upon answering the phone ) and has to have the GM call us back (that afternoon)... Umm ok. We wait, no call. We call again, oh he's not in he'll call us back, that afternoon, but the woman says well while I have you on the phone lets get your credit card # on file, WHAT? NO WAY I haven't agreed to anything yet let's wait till we actually get this booked at least..... Again No call.back. We ended up checking out a couple extra places and got something booked and installed (cheaper than their estimated "DEAL" ) before ACE ever called us back this time we weren't available to get the call unfortunately because I would have given them this same review. Their customer service is BRUTAL

Helen from Calgary
Helen from Calgary

Replace Hot Water Tank

Do Not Use This Company!
I phoned Ace to replace a hot water tank. It had been a number of years since I had had to replace a tank, and I was a bit shocked when told the price-- $1540.35, but I authorized the payment. The representative also tried to push a "Membership", but I declined. The warranty was for 6 years parts and labour.A week later my second tank started leaking, and I tried another plumbing company. The plumber came right out, and immediately smelled gas in the furnace room where my tanks are. He noticed that the bolt wasn't fastened properly on the first tank and tightened everything. He told me there could have been an explosion, so I was actually very grateful that my second tank failed so soon after the first. The charge for the second tank was $798 inclusive. The warranty-- 10 years-Tank, 6 years -Parts, 2 years-Labour. When I phoned the owner of Ace to complain about the price difference and the imperfectly installed first tank, he was extremely verbally abusive and defensive, and in an email insisted his warranty was better. I tried to explain to him that the major cost is in the tank, and so I thought the second plumbing company's warranty was better, but he did not respond. Basically the customer pays for 2 hot water tanks up front if they have Ace install one, you be the judge. I do not consider this a warranty. Dealing with Ace was a very bad experience, financially and emotionally. This is my first review about anything I have purchased, but I felt it was in the public interest to document my story.

More about Ace Plumbing

As the Top Choice Award winner for 2017, Ace Plumbing takes the stress out of calling a plumber. We offer high quality plumbing services performed by expert certified plumbers for your peace of mind. Plumbing problems aren't predictable, but our prompt 24/ 7 emergency service is! Give us a call ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in Calgary?