Ace Plumbing

Calgary AB T2R 0L2
HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Calgary  >  Ace Plumbing

Reviews for Ace Plumbing

Installation of AquaTrip device

Ace Plumbing installed an AquaTrip device to monitor water usage, in the event of leakage, within the house. The technician was efficient, knowledgeable and courteous. Likewise, the Receptionist was polite and accommodating both on the phone and in email communications. I would use their service again.

Mark from Calgary
Mark from Calgary

Replace hot water tank

I called a few plumbers for quotes to replace a hot water tank. Ace plumbing came in a little higher but they were available that day. So I gave the go ahead for the replacement. The quote got a lot higher as the "extra charges" started to pile up. Why didn't I do my homework first and read the reviews about this company. Save your money, get someone else.

Justin Blain from Calgary
Justin Blain from Calgary

Service Call

Homeowners be aware, quick service but way overprice and poor advice/recommendation. For example : 50G Gas water tank replacement asking $3700 + gst
Market price $1700

Overrated and agressive sale tactics.

bill ballantyne from Calgary
bill ballantyne from Calgary

plumbing

I had 2-40 gallon hot water tanks installed, $3500...way over priced, wrong venting, no permit pulled....Don"t get lured into this like me. Monthly warranty service a rip off.
Buyer beware, get quotes!!!

R Ryan from Calgary
R Ryan from Calgary

plumbing

Very small job - very expensive cost. Was out of town and a family member hired them. When i returned they refused to give me a credit as i had found 3 other companies who gave a quote proving they had overcharged. thanks.

Jody in Mahogany
Jody in Mahogany

hot water tank replacement

Our renters called them to have our hot water tank checked the tech came gave us a diagnosis and and estimate to replace it. We called them the next day to discuss the estimate & book an install and the lady who answers the phone is not able to do this (after a very long spiel about their happy today guarantee just upon answering the phone ) and has to have the GM call us back (that afternoon)... Umm ok. We wait, no call. We call again, oh he's not in he'll call us back, that afternoon, but the woman says well while I have you on the phone lets get your credit card # on file, WHAT? NO WAY I haven't agreed to anything yet let's wait till we actually get this booked at least..... Again No call.back. We ended up checking out a couple extra places and got something booked and installed (cheaper than their estimated "DEAL" ) before ACE ever called us back this time we weren't available to get the call unfortunately because I would have given them this same review. Their customer service is BRUTAL

Helen from Calgary
Helen from Calgary

Replace Hot Water Tank

Do Not Use This Company!
I phoned Ace to replace a hot water tank. It had been a number of years since I had had to replace a tank, and I was a bit shocked when told the price-- $1540.35, but I authorized the payment. The representative also tried to push a "Membership", but I declined. The warranty was for 6 years parts and labour.A week later my second tank started leaking, and I tried another plumbing company. The plumber came right out, and immediately smelled gas in the furnace room where my tanks are. He noticed that the bolt wasn't fastened properly on the first tank and tightened everything. He told me there could have been an explosion, so I was actually very grateful that my second tank failed so soon after the first. The charge for the second tank was $798 inclusive. The warranty-- 10 years-Tank, 6 years -Parts, 2 years-Labour. When I phoned the owner of Ace to complain about the price difference and the imperfectly installed first tank, he was extremely verbally abusive and defensive, and in an email insisted his warranty was better. I tried to explain to him that the major cost is in the tank, and so I thought the second plumbing company's warranty was better, but he did not respond. Basically the customer pays for 2 hot water tanks up front if they have Ace install one, you be the judge. I do not consider this a warranty. Dealing with Ace was a very bad experience, financially and emotionally. This is my first review about anything I have purchased, but I felt it was in the public interest to document my story.

Murray Dale from Calgary
Murray Dale from Calgary

leak in plastic pipe

Assuming they charged by the hour, they sent a 'technician' a day late with a pocket full of surprises. The guy, who claimed to be a plumber, looked the job over, and decided he would have to climb a ladder for a few minutes and that required that he add $250.00 to the estimate. Because I needed to have the work done quickly, replacement of a couple of feet of leaking plastic tubing, cost me $700.00. The work took him almost an hour. Don't ever call ACE PLUMBING! They are crooks. But they are members in good standing of the BBB. So, I want my money back! Ha, ha ha.

Heather from Calgary
Heather from Calgary

Tankless hot water boiler leak repair

Our 4 year old tankless hot water boiler was showing signs of a leak, which was confirmed by the plumber on arrival. $79 call out fee seemed reasonable. Flat rate charges for repairs. Ours didn't exactly fit the schedule for work being required, so he had to "pick the most appropriate" off the list. No parts required, just removing the pipe, cleaning the parts, resealing and replacing. $577 total with tax. Took less than 2 hours of work. I went with this company because I've met the owner personally in an unrelated situation and felt I could trust his employees to do a proper job. The technician/plumber was super helpful and friendly and the job seems to have been done well. The price stings though, and I can't help but feel that nearly $300/hr is a little too steep. I would hesitate to call on this company again, especially for a small job (though I wasn't sure it would be small at the time!).

Jackie Pascal from Calgary
Jackie Pascal from Calgary

sink plugged

We had an issue with the garburator - it was plugged and we had company coming for dinner. They came quickly and had to take the garburator apart and got everything up and running before our company arrived.

More about Ace Plumbing

As the Top Choice Award winner for 2017, Ace Plumbing takes the stress out of calling a plumber. We offer high quality plumbing services performed by expert certified plumbers for your peace of mind. Plumbing problems aren't predictable, but our prompt 24/ 7 emergency service is! Give us a call ...