Abbey Air Home Services by Enercare

Best of 2021 winner 5 timesBest of 2021winner 5 times

Reviews for Abbey Air Home Services by Enercare

23 reviews Hamilton, ON

Abbey Air

I have been with Abbey air for many years and I even had them install a new furnace and air conditioner. They sold me a service plan which included a furnace and air conditioning inspection. this was in July now they inform me that they have a new service and mine will stop in Oct. The new plan of course is more expensive so I wanted to get some of my money back and cancel, GOOD LUCK I have called several times and either no information or they don't call me back. This is a brand new furnace and air conditioner, shouldn't need service for a long time. This is just a way to get more money out of the customer. Disgusting.

We regret that you have concerns about our transition to Enercare and would like to assure you that we have every interest in ensuring that this transition is smooth and ultimately beneficial for you. We would like to understand how we can best resolve your concerns. Please contact us at CustomerService@ServiceExperts.com with your full name on the account, address and phone number and we will follow up with you.

Jebsw in Burlington
Jebsw in Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Ridiculous price jump

I’ve been with Abbey Air/Service Experts for a dozen years. Now they are switching to a different company to take over service plans. It will cost MORE THAN DOUBLE to get the same service level I get now. Even a lesser plan will still cost more. I’m on hold with them now, trying to find someone who can tell me either how this can be or that it's all a big misunderstanding: the first woman I spoke to could only go by her script. Extremely disappointed.

David
David
1 review Burlington, ON

Outrageous price of $908.52 to replace a gas valve in a Goodman furnace

On February 10, 2021, it was -10C outside and my eight year old Goodman gas fired furnace failed to produce heat. I checked all the simple issues including fuses, thermal shut off switches, ignitor and flame sensor. I concluded that it could be the gas valve. I had no prior dealings with Abbey Air but called the company based on some of the positive reviews. The serviceman arrived at around 5:00 PM and confirmed that it was the gas valve. There was a $99.00 flat charge for the serviceman to look at the furnace. This charge does not go towards the installation of any parts. He quoted a $700 installed price for the gas valve and offered a 15% discount on the price if I sign up for a maintenance plan. I refused this plan because it did not cover future parts or labour but just a 15% discount and a waiver of the $99 trip charge.

I received the invoice by email: $99.00 service call + $705.00 + tax of $104.52 = $908.52 with no breakdown of parts or labour.

I researched the cost of the part and it is available in Hamilton for $166.61. Reference the attached image.

The part can be installed by a serviceman in one hour. In the math below, I give $99 for the service call, 2 hours of labour at $100 per hour and $200 for the part. This should cover all the costs and provide a reasonable profit for Abbey Air.

$99.00 (service call) + $200.00 (labour) + $200 (part) + $64.87 (tax) = $563.87

In my calculation, I was overcharged by at least $344.65 ($908.52 - $563.87 = $344.65)

I emailed Abbey Air with my concerns and talked to Todd who is the General Manager. He stated that Abbey Air is not a non-profit organization and that $908.52 is a reasonable charge and the standard in the HVAC industry. In my opinion, this is sad reflection on the industry. And, the invoice does not detail the cost of parts and labour but just one number in addition to the charge for the service call.

Are there any other homeowners out there that had a similar experience with Abbey Air?

David - We strive for 100% satisfaction, and we regret to find out that this was not the case. Our Priority Plus members have cost of repairs reduced by 20%, front of the line service, and never pay a trip charge.

Parass
Parass
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Furnace/AC/Humidifier/air filter/HRV

They spent two day installing the complete system. Courteous, efficient and helpful. Arrived on time, laid down matts to keep traffic route to furnace room clean, explained how to do routine maintenance.
Marcel and Nav did the install on the second day and accommodated some changes we wanted with the equipment.They were helpful in explaining the software

Thank you for choosing us to help you with your HVAC needs!

C. in Oakville
C. in Oakville

Extra Charge for Technician Visit

Summary:
My furnace had a motor problem; loud noise; my family, me and wife, and my children, worried since they noticed a big noise from the furnace motor.
I called Abbey Air.
Technician came
I explained the issue seems from Motor.
The technician confirmed the issue comes from the motor; should replace the motor or replace the whole furnace.
Nothing fixed.
Technician gave an expensive invoice; visit fee + "EXTRA CHARGE"(inspection fee, which never heard before he talked), and he said that I should pay this.
Even though I paid the overcharge fee, I decided to go with another big and professional well-known company for whole furnace replacement.
------------------------------------------------------------
Detail:
Jan 19, Furnace Issue Happened. (Loud Motor Noise; my whole family heard the weird sound from motor.)
Called the company, and heard that I should pay a fee $# for their visit.

Jan 20, technician arrived; he ensured that I should pay $# for his visit. I agreed.

I talked about some overall issues; the motor had loud noise; 3 yrs ago somebody came and fixed some motor part and then the issue was gone.

The technician opened the furnace's sliding door and heard its sound; touched the motor.
Then, he confirmed that it was caused by an "old motor."

He sent the serial number and waited for the quote for the motor repair.
He said that I may need to replace my furnace since mine is too old.

while waiting for the quote, he started looking at some other area. He unscrewed and screwed some parts, and checked drain parts, which was repeated.
Then he confirmed that the issue is from the motor; it is old so I should replace the motor or the whole furnace.

Finally, a quote for a motor fix arrived.

Then, he introduced some extra charge, Inspection fee. (I should pay $## = visit fee $# + inspection fee $#. The inspection fee is almost the same as the visit fee. I paid double the price than the amount that I heard from the first phone call from Abbey Air. Here, the reason why I said 'extra charge' is I have never heard before. When I contacted the company and when the technician came to my home and when he started doing something, I never heard about the inspection fee.) But he kindly explained that if I replace my furnace with Abbey Air, the visit fee + inspection fee would come off.

Somebody from Abbey Air came for a free quote for furnace replacement; he was kind too.

I got a quote from Abbey Air. After this, I got other quotes from other companies. After a thorough comparison, I decided to go with another company to replace the whole furnace.

Our valued Maintenance Plus customers never pay a Trip charge and fault location fees are always waived with repair or replacement. All repairs include a 1 year warranty and our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. As well, we provide 24/7/365 support. We apologize for any confusion. Thank you.

daryl
daryl

Hot water tank installation

I contacted Abbey Air on a Friday afternoon when my hot water tank stopped working. The company sent someone immediately to review it. I found the staff to be extremely helpful, polite and clearly had my best interest in mind. They provided a very detailed explanation of the various options for new hot water systems including the various benefits/drawbacks of both tank and tank-less options as well as the considerations for buying versus renting a system from them. I felt zero pressure to go with one system or another and to rent versus buy and instead they simply provided the facts and helped educate me to find the optimal solution for my household needs. They then had a technician come the next morning at 8am to complete the removal of the old tank and installation of the new one. It was a seamless experience and the technicians did an excellent job cleaning up afterwards. Overall a great experience and would definitely recommend Abbey.

Bronte Creek Subdivision in Oakville
Bronte Creek Subdivision in Oakville

HVAC maintenance

I have an annual maintenance plan with Abbey Air (I also just replaced my old AC and Furnace using them). I have always had a good experience with them.

They are proactive and take the time to explain everything. I trust them with my Heating, AC and HRV unit. They also installed my humidifier. They provide helpful advice when they visit too, (covering things like when to turn the fan on, humidifier on/off, HRV, training on the thermostat etc.)

Thank you for taking a moment to share this wonderful review!

Paul & Carolyn in Oakville
Paul & Carolyn in Oakville

Water Heater Install

This is the 2nd time I have used Abbey Air....air conditioner install several years ago and today a water heater replacement. I would not hesitate to recommend this company. I called yesterday and Brendan arrived within a few hours to provide a diagnosis and a quote. This morning two service technicians arrived (I'm sorry I forgot their names) to install my new heater. All of these folks were efficient, polite, professional, neat, clean and tidy knowledgeable workers. They arrived on time and kept me informed of their progress.
Thank you guys. Great job.

We appreciate your business and are pleased to hear that our team was able to provide you with the top notch service that you needed.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Cleaning and Maintenance on Gas Fireplace

Jay arrived on time, with mask, removed his shoes and cleaned our gas fire place quickly and efficiently. Very pleasant guy who provided some useful advice regarding the connection on our gas BBQ. He also recommended us signing up for the summer/winter maintenance plan for overall coverage at a reasonable cost.

We are glad to hear that you are pleased with our services! Thank you for your review and for being a valued customer!

23 reviews Hamilton, ON

Furnace and Air Conditioner Install

Our Furnace which was only 10 years old, which had been installed by a so called "reliable company" , had water running from the furnace. I called Abbey Air for which I have used their services for over twenty years to come and sort it out. They found that the problem came from the air conditioner. I asked about fixing the air conditioner and the technician said that it was possible. We then went in and looked at the furnace and found that it was rusting from water running over the parts. We then decided to replace everything. We chose to go with the very best furnace available, hence the higher price. The work was done immediately. Three technicians spent all day and removed the old furnace and air conditioner and replaced it with the new ones. We love the new system and it has a 10 year warranty.

J.H. Luckett - We strive to provide excellent service and are thrilled to hear that was reflected during your recent experience!

More about Abbey Air Home Services by Enercare

Expert AC Repair and Service in Oakville – Guaranteed. Abbey Air Service Experts

In the heart of summer – especially in Oakville – AC repairs are just about the last thing you want to think about. But that won’t stop it from happening. But it’s your lucky day… Abbey Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is committed to performing expert quality AC repair, maintenance and installation throughout Oakville. We certainly don’t wish for you to be left in an uncomfortable home during the hottest time of the year.

In any time of day, our experts will have you enjoying the cool air of your repaired AC in no time. We’re so certain of our workmanship that we guarantee it in writing for one full year. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee firmly displays our commitment to providing the highest level of air conditioning service in in the AC industry. In fact, Abbey Air Service Experts repairs, sells and installs more air conditioners than any other HVAC company in all of North America. More people trust us with their home comfort, so you know your home is in good hands.
So whether you need an unexpected AC repair or you’re in search of a new heating and air conditioning system, you can count on our Oakville team. Abbey Air Service Experts in AC repair, and superior AC service is what we do best. Call Abbey Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning 24/7/365 at 289-813-5566 today, and don’t forget to check out our coupons page for savings on your AC repair service.

HEATING:
Furnace Repair Service, Furnace Sales, Furnace Installation, Furnaces & Air Handlers, Furnace Maintenance

COOLING:
AC Repair Service, New Air Conditioners, Air Conditioning Maintenance, Solar Air Conditioning, New Air Conditioners

Not to be a killjoy, but are you inside? If so, you would probably be surprised if you knew how many toxins you may have just inhaled, including chemical vapors, microbes, mildew, viruses, bacteria, dust, dirt, pollen, allergens and more. Okay...what?

The EPA found in a survey that Americans spend 87% of their lives inside, and that indoor air pollutant levels are up to 100 times higher than pollution levels found outside. Scary! Now think about the fact that we breathe an estimated 3,000 gallons of air every single day. So do your kids. So does your Pug. Seriously, it is important that we stop taking indoor air quality for granted. Not anymore.

You really need to increase the quality of the air you breathe indoors. By taking control, you can:

Maintain your health. That’s right. And actually, 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air according to the American College of Allergists.

Reduce your energy consumption. How? Cleaner air improves how efficient your heating and cooling system is. Can you say “smaller carbon footprint” and “lower costs over time?”
Guard your investment. Improved air quality keeps heating and air conditioning components from corrosion, microbials, dirt and debris.

If you’re a DIYer, you can certainly take steps to bump the air quality in your home. But even the most mechanically-minded homeowners can’t do it all… and that’s where Abbey Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can provide expert help. With a complete offering of indoor air quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service—for all makes and models, 24 hours a day—you can take a deep breath in your home and know it’s the highest indoor air quality possible.

Heating & Air Conditioning, Solar Panels, and Solar Water Heating
Residential Heating and Air Conditioning Products. Water Heater options including tankless. Both Ducted and Ductless Heat Pumps.
Furnace Repair Service Whether your unit stops working in the middle of your morning or the middle of the night, we can be out to service your furnace in no time. Our NATE-certified technicians have received the most prestigious training and certification in the industry, so they’ll get the job done right the first time. Our expert professionals at Abbey Air Service Experts in Oakville are trained to service any type of furnace or boiler, so you know you’ll get the best service around. Furnace Sales & Installation Purchasing a new furnace is a big deal. Do you know where to begin? Don’t worry. Our expert heating and cooling consultants will help you decide which unit will work best for you based on the size of your home, your family’s air quality requirements, financing budget and your desired energy efficiency. One of our experts will work with you throughout the whole process from choosing the best system and financing solution, to performing an expert equipment installation when it arrives. Furnaces & Air Handlers If you’re searching for a furnace or air handler, look no further than Abbey Air Service Experts in Oakville. We carry a wide selection of gas furnaces, oil furnaces, air handlers, boilers and garage heaters – and all our products rate well for efficiency, low noise levels and, of course, durable performance. Look through our full range of products on the Furnaces & Air Handlers page. Furnace Maintenance You can’t completely prevent your furnace from breaking down, but you can help prevent it with annual furnace maintenance visits. Our comprehensive furnace tune-ups and PLUS service plans actually save in two ways. First, a well-maintained unit will run more efficiently and uses less energy, which helps the environment. Second, proper maintenance means fewer costly repairs. We don’t know about you, but we have a list of things we’d rather spend money for. And with lower energy bills, we can! AC Repair Service AC repair doesn't have to be a pain. Sure, you’re probably not in your happiest moment when you need us, but rest assured, we’re here to take care of any AC repair issue that pops up. We’re certified to service all brands of air conditioners, so you know you’ll be getting the best AC repair in Oakville. And with a written 100% Satisfaction Guarantee you have nothing to lose. New Air Conditioners The time has come to finally take the next step to updating your home’s air conditioner. Upgrading your current system is actually more affordable than you may think, so why wait any longer? We’ve made it easy for you to schedule a FREE estimate too. Just fill in your information and we’ll work with you to make your home cool, energy efficient, and the most comfortable it has ever been. Air Conditioning Maintenance So you’ve got your thermostat programmed perfectly but you’re still not happy with your energy bill every month? Much like cars, AC maintenance is crucial to ensure your home is running at maximum efficiency. We’ve created four service plans to meet your exact AC maintenance need, as well as your budget. Solar Air Conditioning We won’t bombard you with a bunch of “green” terminology, but you should know that solar air conditioning is a lot more reasonable and practical than you make think. We have countless solar options that can take your home to the next level of efficiency and also provide your wallet with a little more green as well. While you shouldn’t stare into the sun, you should definitely take a look into utilizing all the power it offers. Air Conditioners We all love being comfortable. Keeping your home cool plays a huge part in your family’s comfort in the heat of the summer and we’re here to help ensure you uphold the level of comfort your need. Choosing one of our ENERGY STAR® qualified air conditioners will keep your home the perfect temperature while giving you a quiet and efficient system that helps lessen your carbon footprint at the same time.
Cash, Credit Card, Check