Abbey Air Home Services by Enercare

Abbey Air Home Services by Enercare

Reviews for Abbey Air Home Services by Enercare

Private User reviews Milton, ON

Furnace checkup

The serviceman TOMMY was on time and very courteous and helpful .
He out the proper setting for the attached humidifier and very kindly changed the filter.
I recommend that you send him on any of my future calls for service.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

The Worst Service

I paid monthly $146 , no maintenance service done since I installed , i try to reach them to update the payment credit card , I can't reach the right department to help, I keep calling and they give me a different phone # , it is a disaster

Private User reviews Bracebridge, ON

Heating and Air Conditioning

This team of technicians has performed liked a Pro. Their names are ff:
Marcell, Russ and Todd.

They really did a very good job and explained everything after the installation of AC, Furnace and Water Heater Tank Less.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Private User reviews St. Catharines, ON

Poor business practices

A/C was good, installation was good, system worked well. Then we moved and transferred the contract to the new owners (that took way longer than it should have). They are paid up by the new owners and have yet to reimburse me for the overpayment I made. BTW, the move was September 2021....it is now almost March 2022. They have acknowledged owing and are now ignoring my inquiries (I've sent 2-3 emails asking when they are sending my refund)

We apologize for your experience and would like to look into your situation. Please reach out to our escalation team at SMCare@Enercare.ca with your full name on the account, address, and phone number, and we will follow up with you. Thank you.

Jebsw in Burlington
Jebsw in Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Ridiculous price jump

I’ve been with Abbey Air/Service Experts for a dozen years. Now they are switching to a different company to take over service plans. It will cost MORE THAN DOUBLE to get the same service level I get now. Even a lesser plan will still cost more. I’m on hold with them now, trying to find someone who can tell me either how this can be or that it's all a big misunderstanding: the first woman I spoke to could only go by her script. Extremely disappointed.

We regret that you have concerns about our transition to Enercare and would like to assure you that we have every interest in ensuring that this transition is smooth and ultimately beneficial for you. We would like to understand how we can best resolve your concerns. Please contact us at CustomerService@ServiceExperts.com with your full name on the account, address and phone number and we will follow up with you.

J.H. Luckett Waterdown Ontario
J.H. Luckett Waterdown Ontario
23 reviews Hamilton, ON

Abbey Air

I have been with Abbey air for many years and I even had them install a new furnace and air conditioner. They sold me a service plan which included a furnace and air conditioning inspection. this was in July now they inform me that they have a new service and mine will stop in Oct. The new plan of course is more expensive so I wanted to get some of my money back and cancel, GOOD LUCK I have called several times and either no information or they don't call me back. This is a brand new furnace and air conditioner, shouldn't need service for a long time. This is just a way to get more money out of the customer. Disgusting.

David
David
1 review Burlington, ON

Outrageous price of $908.52 to replace a gas valve in a Goodman furnace

On February 10, 2021, it was -10C outside and my eight year old Goodman gas fired furnace failed to produce heat. I checked all the simple issues including fuses, thermal shut off switches, ignitor and flame sensor. I concluded that it could be the gas valve. I had no prior dealings with Abbey Air but called the company based on some of the positive reviews. The serviceman arrived at around 5:00 PM and confirmed that it was the gas valve. There was a $99.00 flat charge for the serviceman to look at the furnace. This charge does not go towards the installation of any parts. He quoted a $700 installed price for the gas valve and offered a 15% discount on the price if I sign up for a maintenance plan. I refused this plan because it did not cover future parts or labour but just a 15% discount and a waiver of the $99 trip charge.

I received the invoice by email: $99.00 service call + $705.00 + tax of $104.52 = $908.52 with no breakdown of parts or labour.

I researched the cost of the part and it is available in Hamilton for $166.61. Reference the attached image.

The part can be installed by a serviceman in one hour. In the math below, I give $99 for the service call, 2 hours of labour at $100 per hour and $200 for the part. This should cover all the costs and provide a reasonable profit for Abbey Air.

$99.00 (service call) + $200.00 (labour) + $200 (part) + $64.87 (tax) = $563.87

In my calculation, I was overcharged by at least $344.65 ($908.52 - $563.87 = $344.65)

I emailed Abbey Air with my concerns and talked to Todd who is the General Manager. He stated that Abbey Air is not a non-profit organization and that $908.52 is a reasonable charge and the standard in the HVAC industry. In my opinion, this is sad reflection on the industry. And, the invoice does not detail the cost of parts and labour but just one number in addition to the charge for the service call.

Are there any other homeowners out there that had a similar experience with Abbey Air?

David - We strive for 100% satisfaction, and we regret to find out that this was not the case. Our Priority Plus members have cost of repairs reduced by 20%, front of the line service, and never pay a trip charge.

Parass
Parass
1 review Burlington, ON

Furnace/AC/Humidifier/air filter/HRV

They spent two day installing the complete system. Courteous, efficient and helpful. Arrived on time, laid down matts to keep traffic route to furnace room clean, explained how to do routine maintenance.
Marcel and Nav did the install on the second day and accommodated some changes we wanted with the equipment.They were helpful in explaining the software

Thank you for choosing us to help you with your HVAC needs!

C. in Oakville
C. in Oakville

Extra Charge for Technician Visit

Summary:
My furnace had a motor problem; loud noise; my family, me and wife, and my children, worried since they noticed a big noise from the furnace motor.
I called Abbey Air.
Technician came
I explained the issue seems from Motor.
The technician confirmed the issue comes from the motor; should replace the motor or replace the whole furnace.
Nothing fixed.
Technician gave an expensive invoice; visit fee + "EXTRA CHARGE"(inspection fee, which never heard before he talked), and he said that I should pay this.
Even though I paid the overcharge fee, I decided to go with another big and professional well-known company for whole furnace replacement.
------------------------------------------------------------
Detail:
Jan 19, Furnace Issue Happened. (Loud Motor Noise; my whole family heard the weird sound from motor.)
Called the company, and heard that I should pay a fee $# for their visit.

Jan 20, technician arrived; he ensured that I should pay $# for his visit. I agreed.

I talked about some overall issues; the motor had loud noise; 3 yrs ago somebody came and fixed some motor part and then the issue was gone.

The technician opened the furnace's sliding door and heard its sound; touched the motor.
Then, he confirmed that it was caused by an "old motor."

He sent the serial number and waited for the quote for the motor repair.
He said that I may need to replace my furnace since mine is too old.

while waiting for the quote, he started looking at some other area. He unscrewed and screwed some parts, and checked drain parts, which was repeated.
Then he confirmed that the issue is from the motor; it is old so I should replace the motor or the whole furnace.

Finally, a quote for a motor fix arrived.

Then, he introduced some extra charge, Inspection fee. (I should pay $## = visit fee $# + inspection fee $#. The inspection fee is almost the same as the visit fee. I paid double the price than the amount that I heard from the first phone call from Abbey Air. Here, the reason why I said 'extra charge' is I have never heard before. When I contacted the company and when the technician came to my home and when he started doing something, I never heard about the inspection fee.) But he kindly explained that if I replace my furnace with Abbey Air, the visit fee + inspection fee would come off.

Somebody from Abbey Air came for a free quote for furnace replacement; he was kind too.

I got a quote from Abbey Air. After this, I got other quotes from other companies. After a thorough comparison, I decided to go with another company to replace the whole furnace.

Our valued Maintenance Plus customers never pay a Trip charge and fault location fees are always waived with repair or replacement. All repairs include a 1 year warranty and our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. As well, we provide 24/7/365 support. We apologize for any confusion. Thank you.

daryl
daryl

Hot water tank installation

I contacted Abbey Air on a Friday afternoon when my hot water tank stopped working. The company sent someone immediately to review it. I found the staff to be extremely helpful, polite and clearly had my best interest in mind. They provided a very detailed explanation of the various options for new hot water systems including the various benefits/drawbacks of both tank and tank-less options as well as the considerations for buying versus renting a system from them. I felt zero pressure to go with one system or another and to rent versus buy and instead they simply provided the facts and helped educate me to find the optimal solution for my household needs. They then had a technician come the next morning at 8am to complete the removal of the old tank and installation of the new one. It was a seamless experience and the technicians did an excellent job cleaning up afterwards. Overall a great experience and would definitely recommend Abbey.

More about Abbey Air Home Services by Enercare

Expert AC Repair and Service in Oakville – Guaranteed. Abbey Air Service Experts In the heart of summer – especially in Oakville – AC repairs are just about the last thing you want to think about. But that won’t stop it from happening. But it’s your lucky day… Abbey Air ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Burlington?