Ice Innovative Care Of The Environment Inc.

Pest & Animal Control
9977 Winston Churchill Halton Hills ON L0P 1K0
Pest & Animal Control
Ice Innovative Care Of The Environment Inc.

Reviews for Ice Innovative Care Of The Environment Inc.

Lisa in Mississauga
Lisa in Mississauga

pest removal - moles???

These people are out to grab your money. Don't use them. They send boys out who have no idea what they are doing. I thought we had moles because someone thought they had seen one. We have skunks! they are tearing up our lawn and leaving holes that look like tunnels. A professional would have know the difference.

They set traps, for moles. Now after a few months of these traps in the yard, they just showed up and took them away. No phone call, no explanation. nothing.

I spent lots of time before I called them out on the phone talking to the office staff. I gave the office staff specific instructions, were to park, which days they could come ( I am the property manager, I don't live here) etc.... they continually showed up on days I was not here and did not inform me of what was going on.

Dear Lisa
Our technicians at ICE average in age from 32-42 years old
Not sure whom you are referring . They are highly trained and have an average of 10 years experience.
We set up your program in December of 2015 for moles, which was confirmed by our technicians and your staff on site. There was no evidence of Skunks. Not only did we extend the program for you, we reset the system up in March at NO CHARGE.
Normally there would have been additional charges.

With any trapping program there is NO guarantee..Unfortunately we cannot make the animals go into the traps.
Not only did you have Moles you also had evidence of voles.
Again I re-iterate there were NO skunks on property and the damage was done by moles.
We stand behind our technicians findings 100 percent.Pictures taken on site prove our findings are correct.
It is now April and yes it is possible you have skunks on property as they are NOW active and your facility is surrounded by forest.
Our office staff had tried to contact you on numerous occasions with no response. I understand you are a management company and not on site, however, numerous attempts were made to contact you .
We are a very reputable company, have been in the industry for over 20 years, and we stand behind our findings.
Best regards Denise Smith ICE Inc.

ralphemacleod in Milton
ralphemacleod in Milton

Bait and Switch

We paid $185 for a 'consultation' to deal with our pigeon problem. It consisted to two guys standing outside our door for 5 minutes and then telling us we needed spikes.

They left us a quote for 18 feet of spikes for $572. As usual, if we went with them we'd get our 'consulting fee' back. They tried to upsell us on these things called 'daddy long legs' which we did not want. All was well.

We called to have them do the work but they're refusing to honour the quote. They're demanding over $700 whether we take these 'daddy long legs', or not. We don't want these ugly things hanging on the front of our house.

They are to be avoided. We had a written quote (see image) and they refused to honour it. It's that simple.

Here's a copy of Donna's email correspondence. She's the companies representative.

From: Accounts-ICE <accounts@icepest.com>
Date: December 24, 2015 at 7:42:04 AM GMT-5
To:
Subject: RE: Pigeons

We would highly recommend the Daddi Long Legs as a prevention as they help with the pigeon problem significantly. If you choose not to have the Daddi Long Legs installed with the cleaning and bird spiking the cost of the service will be $723.45 + HST.

AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE

Pest control

Called because we have a squirrel in our side roof. They came and surveyed the area I told them the squirrel was in. They set up one trap door where they thought the squirrel was using to get in and out and blocked 2 other possible points. We paid almost $700 for the service. A week later we get a call so they can remove their one way door. Pesky thing is still there I told them. They came back to reassess and told us that it is not a squirrel I've been hearing and that it's mice so I get charged another $100 and they give us another bill of suggested work. We refuse for the time being. The squirrel meanwhile has found another exit point and it's now running between our floors. After the third call they tell us that the service will be another $100 and that they will have to again reassess the work and that any additional work they have to do will cost us more. We paid $800 for two small pieces of sheet metal to block 2 small areas and for someone to tell us that what we're hearing are mice. The people are very courdial and pleasant but the service is not guaranteed. You keep paying money for things they say you think you're hearing because we're not the experts. I will not recommend this company to anyone based on the fact that I have now lost $800 for nothing. The amount of damage the pesky thing (or things) is (are) causing will probably cost us a couple of thousands in chewed up wires and such along with another couple of hundred dollars to call another company to deal with its removal.

Jeff T from Toronto
Jeff T from Toronto

Amazing Pest control

I had to use ICE a couple of years ago regarding a serious hornet problem in the attic of my home. They had built a nest way up high in the attic that made it very difficult to reach. I had a fella by the name of Manny come by twice due to the dangerous and precarious situation of the nest. Manny was excellent who provided amazing customer care and who knew exactly what to do. It took a couple tries to get rid of the nest but it was done successfully and with ease.
I highly recommend ICE and would not hesitate to call them again if need be.
Jeff

Angela from Brampton
Angela from Brampton

Pest Control/Wildlife Services

I would highly recommend this company to all of my family and friends. I am extremely satisfied with the service I received. Great customer service, informative, reasonable pricing, caring, and punctual. It is not often that one finds a company with all of these great qualities. If you are looking for pest control or wildlife specialists then this is the company for you.

Diana from Toronto
Diana from Toronto

Squirrel remediation

Buyers BEWARE! We had this company give us an estimate a few weeks ago that included required ($1809) plus an additional quote for suggested work. I called a few weeks later and asked for a discount. They agreed to give my parents a 10% senior discount + 3% if we paid cash (to avoid the transaction fees they get charged). We agreed and they came a week later. It all seemed fine until they finished the work and wanted to be paid for the required AND suggested work, which we never agreed to. I explicitly asked that we would owe what the quote of the required work was ($1809) minus the assessment price (of $125) we had paid on the first visit. I was surprised they wanted to charge my father more after they finished the work, but on the phone with Donna (the office manager) she agreed to take out the suggested work. Then I come back to find that they were taking ALL the work down. They argued that to get the discount we needed to do both the required AND suggested work. BUT THEY NEVER SAID THIS UNTIL THE WORK WAS DONE. I honestly believe this company acted in bad faith. Donna didn't even have the decency to call me and say they were going to take everything down. SO BEWARE, THEY SAY SOMETHING, BUT CAN CHARGE YOU OR DO SOMETHING ELSE.

And to answer the response of the company:
1. We never agreed to both required AND suggested work. I was the one that asked for the recordings of the conversations, for which Donna said it would take time. I remember clearly confirming the total amount owed as $1809-$125, which obviously did not include any suggested work.
2. Had you acted in good faith, you would have done at least two things: Donna would have called me right away to notify me you would order the workers to take their work down. And second, you could have said that you would review the recorded calls to clarify the misunderstanding. You did neither. You made a decision without talking to your costumer.
3. You claim the whole family saw the work, which is not accurate. My husband and I were inside the house taking care of our newborn baby, and my father came out regularly to see the work. He doesn't speak a lot of English, and he is not an expert of squirrel remediation, so it would be impossible for him to see that you had done both the required and suggested work. We trusted your company.
4. You are suggesting we were trying to not pay for a service. We are not going to pay for a service we never asked for, but certainly for one we agreed on. We were prepared to pay for the required work at the rate we agreed. Your accusations are ill founded and defamatory.
4. I am happy to go to court, because my conscience is clear. It is quite telling that you respond with threats and improprieties to an unsatisfied costumer. It shows how you do business.

We have you on voice recording agreeing to required and suggested and as you stated on the review you just wrote you confirm the quote was for required and suggested
When all work was completed and your entire family watched everything we did from start to finish which took the entire day and even came up on roof to inspect You refused to pay for the work
We had no choice but to remove what we had done.
We will be following up with legal action and suing you for non payment of work
There should be a website for contractors to warn them about people like you
I suggest you govern yourself accordingly as any more lies and deceit will be added to court action for deformation

More about Ice Innovative Care Of The Environment Inc.

ICE PEST CONTROL & ICE WILDLIFE REMOVAL & CONTROL ICE is a full service pest control and wildlife removal company, offering two complete divisions to service our clients needs. WSIB Insured, Fully Bonded Technicians, Members of the BBB with "A" Rating, $3 Million Commercial Liability Insurance Our Wildlife Control Division ...
Looking for Pest & Animal Control pros in Mississauga?