HomeStars  >  Pest & Animal Control in Mississauga  >  ICE Innovative Care Of The Environment Inc.

Reviews for ICE Innovative Care Of The Environment Inc.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

treatment

I needed pest removal (squirel in my roof) and the company i previously used for pest control recommended Ice for the Job. I contacted them, they came and did an inspection, gave me a quote and came to do the job. They were very professional, very good communication (explain what to expect). I would recommend them to others.

Thank you very much for your review.....It is a pleasure dealing with clients such as yourself....Again, Thank you

KevinBanks in Etobicoke
KevinBanks in Etobicoke

Scratching sound in the attic= Rip off

I called ICE and spoke to a young lady on the phone about a strange scratching sound in my attic. Without coming to the home she told me it was 100% Mice and she would set up a "mouse treatment." A few days later a nice gentlemen came to the house and poked his head up our attic door and threw several bait blocks around the attic. He did not go up into the attic to investigate further. This is when I was told that it is company policy not to go into the attic... **But thats why I called/hired you!? I was then instructed that the "mouse treatment would take several weeks to work."

One week went by and the scratching sound got louder.

Two weeks went by and still the sound got louder and we were not sleeping... I placed another call to ICE to ask them if this was normal? The lady on the phone then wanted to charge me another $125 for another person to come to the house to do another inspection. I told ICE I was very upset that I would have to pay out again even though the first treatment wasn't working. They transferred me to a manager and I was instructed to wait for the original treatment to take full effect.

4 weeks went by and the sound was at its loudest. My wife then called ICE as the sound was directly above our bedrooms and was also keeping our 2 year old daughter up every night. ICE had no sympathy for us and told us to continue to wait.

After watching a you-tube video on sounds in that attic I found out I had Wasps in the attic. The wasps were scratching/eating the plywood sheeting to make the pulp they needed for their nest. We called another pest control service and they came to the house for $90 and got rid of the wasps in one shot. FINALLY A QUIET NIGHTS SLEEP!!

We called the manager at ICE to explain the situation and that we wasted $300 on a treatment we didn't need. I was told we would hear back from the owners about our specific situation... that was 2 weeks ago. $300 is a lot of money for our young family. I tried my best not to write this but I guess they don't care about customer service and I don't want someone else going through the same ordeal.

Louisa in Woodstock
Louisa in Woodstock

Exterior ant treatment

I have used this company twice prior but I am sorry to say I should have done recent research.

Within under 2 months of having the exterior sprayed for ants they have returned. The company does not warranty the treatment.

I did raise concerns that it was going to rain the next day but they assured me it was fine. They also did not warranty the treatment.

They have just lost any future business from me.

Dear Louisa
Unfortunately, due to ministry guidelines and product availability, there is NO product on the market that can be used on the outside of properties. You were informed of this when you insisted we do the treatment anyway. There is no guarantee on the lawns or outside of buildings. You were informed that it would eliminate what is there at time of service, only,however, it is a water soluble product and there is no residual effect. You were ok with that at the time....the fact that it lasted 2 months is quite amazing. We had informed you and have recorded messages confirming this. We try to dissuade our clients from any service that we cannot guarantee. This is one of them. You insisted, knowing all the facts. We have been in business for over 20 years and have an excellent reputation and stand by our services. Recent research would show and confirm that we are the top 3 companies in Ontario and are very proud of our commitment to customer service.
Denise Smith VP ICE Inc.

stevejenr
stevejenr
4 reviews Orangeville, ON

pest control

When I moved in to my century home, I discovered a lot of spiders...so many that they were feeding on each other.... ICE treated my house and does a yearly treatment so they don't come back...it also took care of some other pests that I didn't know I had..
thank you ICE.....

Thank you for the kind words. We at ICE strive to provide the best customer service possible. It is a pleasure dealing with great clients such as yourself.

kathy in Schomberg
kathy in Schomberg
2 reviews Kettleby, ON

Shame on me for not looking online about this company.

Called this company to humanely remove 3 racoons from an estate property. There were 3 entry points on the roof and I wanted the animals removed with a one way door so the animals could leave and not return and the entry points sealed up and repaired. Estimate on the phone was around $700 and a $150 deposit had to be authorized with a signature before a quote would be done. (This should have been a red flag)
Quote came back at $2100 plus HST. Apparently the roof line in was needing attention at $1379 to validate their guarantee that the animals would not return. I asked just to have the animals removed and holes repaired with no guarantee as this is an estate sale and we wanted to move fast and the estate could not afford this pricing.
$2376 is extreme to remove these animals. I call this the "Bait and switch". Take your money on the deposit and give an extreme quote.
Shame and me for not doing my due diligence. This is dishonest and outright shameful.

Dear Kathy
We are sorry to hear you feel that you were mislead. As you stated you did not want to invest in the service that was required to do the job correctly. We stand by our commitment to customer service. Every home is different, when we estimate the base price over the phone, that is for one hole only....we do not know the condition of the home until a full inspection is done and that you were informed of. There is no such thing as :bait and switch: it is what it is. Our inspector spent over 2 hours on your property at a cost of $125.00 + hst. The information you received was used to help you combat the issue or help anyone else to do the work properly. You received 20 years of knowledge and a full roof inspection that could be used to do the work yourself, or help other contractors do the work properly. We only authorize inspection fees if the client is NOT going to be home. This was the case. Again no such thing as "bait and switch" in this industry
Hopefully your estate sale went well
Best regards
Denise Smith

Lisa in Mississauga
Lisa in Mississauga

pest removal - moles???

These people are out to grab your money. Don't use them. They send boys out who have no idea what they are doing. I thought we had moles because someone thought they had seen one. We have skunks! they are tearing up our lawn and leaving holes that look like tunnels. A professional would have know the difference.

They set traps, for moles. Now after a few months of these traps in the yard, they just showed up and took them away. No phone call, no explanation. nothing.

I spent lots of time before I called them out on the phone talking to the office staff. I gave the office staff specific instructions, were to park, which days they could come ( I am the property manager, I don't live here) etc.... they continually showed up on days I was not here and did not inform me of what was going on.

Dear Lisa
Our technicians at ICE average in age from 32-42 years old
Not sure whom you are referring . They are highly trained and have an average of 10 years experience.
We set up your program in December of 2015 for moles, which was confirmed by our technicians and your staff on site. There was no evidence of Skunks. Not only did we extend the program for you, we reset the system up in March at NO CHARGE.
Normally there would have been additional charges.

With any trapping program there is NO guarantee..Unfortunately we cannot make the animals go into the traps.
Not only did you have Moles you also had evidence of voles.
Again I re-iterate there were NO skunks on property and the damage was done by moles.
We stand behind our technicians findings 100 percent.Pictures taken on site prove our findings are correct.
It is now April and yes it is possible you have skunks on property as they are NOW active and your facility is surrounded by forest.
Our office staff had tried to contact you on numerous occasions with no response. I understand you are a management company and not on site, however, numerous attempts were made to contact you .
We are a very reputable company, have been in the industry for over 20 years, and we stand behind our findings.
Best regards Denise Smith ICE Inc.

ralphemacleod in Milton
ralphemacleod in Milton

Bait and Switch

We paid $185 for a 'consultation' to deal with our pigeon problem. It consisted to two guys standing outside our door for 5 minutes and then telling us we needed spikes.

They left us a quote for 18 feet of spikes for $572. As usual, if we went with them we'd get our 'consulting fee' back. They tried to upsell us on these things called 'daddy long legs' which we did not want. All was well.

We called to have them do the work but they're refusing to honour the quote. They're demanding over $700 whether we take these 'daddy long legs', or not. We don't want these ugly things hanging on the front of our house.

They are to be avoided. We had a written quote (see image) and they refused to honour it. It's that simple.

Here's a copy of Donna's email correspondence. She's the companies representative.

From: Accounts-ICE <accounts@icepest.com>
Date: December 24, 2015 at 7:42:04 AM GMT-5
To:
Subject: RE: Pigeons

We would highly recommend the Daddi Long Legs as a prevention as they help with the pigeon problem significantly. If you choose not to have the Daddi Long Legs installed with the cleaning and bird spiking the cost of the service will be $723.45 + HST.

AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE

Pest control

Called because we have a squirrel in our side roof. They came and surveyed the area I told them the squirrel was in. They set up one trap door where they thought the squirrel was using to get in and out and blocked 2 other possible points. We paid almost $700 for the service. A week later we get a call so they can remove their one way door. Pesky thing is still there I told them. They came back to reassess and told us that it is not a squirrel I've been hearing and that it's mice so I get charged another $100 and they give us another bill of suggested work. We refuse for the time being. The squirrel meanwhile has found another exit point and it's now running between our floors. After the third call they tell us that the service will be another $100 and that they will have to again reassess the work and that any additional work they have to do will cost us more. We paid $800 for two small pieces of sheet metal to block 2 small areas and for someone to tell us that what we're hearing are mice. The people are very courdial and pleasant but the service is not guaranteed. You keep paying money for things they say you think you're hearing because we're not the experts. I will not recommend this company to anyone based on the fact that I have now lost $800 for nothing. The amount of damage the pesky thing (or things) is (are) causing will probably cost us a couple of thousands in chewed up wires and such along with another couple of hundred dollars to call another company to deal with its removal.

More about ICE Innovative Care Of The Environment Inc.

ICE PEST CONTROL & ICE WILDLIFE REMOVAL & CONTROL ICE is a full service pest control and wildlife removal company, offering two complete divisions to service our clients needs. WSIB Insured, Fully Bonded Technicians, Members of the BBB with "A" Rating, $3 Million Commercial Liability Insurance Our Wildlife Control Division ...