Bay Bloor Radio

Al in Toronto
Al in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Speakers

I am disappointed in Bay Bloor Radio. I purchased a Yamaha receiver & a pair of fancy Totem speakers from them around 7 months ago. Recently there was a problem with woofers and I took them to the store for service. Everything went well and even Totem covered all the charges and fixed my speakers.
But when I brought back the speakers home, I realized that the speaker base which the speakers sits on were taken off and bottom of one of the speakers was damaged.
Now Totem is saying that the speaker must have been dropped and Bay Bloor does not accept any responsibility.
I expected a lot more when spending around 3000$ on a system. From now on I will never purchase anything from Bay Bloor and would go for online shopping with lower prices.

Jeff in Toronto
Jeff in Toronto

Speakers, headphones, headphone amp and surge protector.

Funny - I have read a few reviews about 'snotty' service at BBR and I'm guessing it must be the customers. I have been to this store and made 4 separate purchases in the last year and numerous window shopping excursions and have had no such experiences. I dealt with Ron for speakers and a surge protector, and Joshua for the headphones. Both were professional and laid back feeding me info when I needed it and no sales pressure at all. I felt I was always given good advice and never pushed with an attempt to up-sale. I will surely shop at BBR again. BTY - I purchased the Totem Acoustic Sttaf speakers (all Canadian) and Denon AH-D5000 headphones and I am in music heaven!

Daniel Freedman in Toronto
Daniel Freedman in Toronto
7 reviews TORONTO, ON

Flat Screen TV

Far from the cheapest, but definitely the best. You are paying for the expertise and knowledge of an outstanding staff. They will work with you in finding the best solution for your needs. They also go the extra mile on delivery and set up. Highly recommended.

robert picken in Toronto
robert picken in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

tv set

All we did was have a short phone conversation during which he arranged the delivery earlier than he had at first thought possible.I am disabled so service and cooperation of this quality has greatly simplified my getting the tv receiver I needed.

Helen in Milton
Helen in Milton

Bose Home Theatre

My husband and I have picky ears so that we always very carefully select the stereo/speakers we purchase. Darrin, the salesperson, was very patient explaining the difference b/w systems and never pushy. Despite that he was fairly new to the team, he was doing a very good job - even when we ask something that the he may not know, he wouldn't just throw us a BS answer. Instead, he would find out the answer for us by other means. Most important of all, we were able to listen to each different speakers and compare them before making the decision. Now, me and my husband watched one movie together after work using the system we purchased from the store. Kudos to Darrin! There is some service to plan the room but my new room is not ready. I expect to receive the excellent service when I come back to do some room planning.

Toronto-7655
Toronto-7655

TV (and other stuff over time)

I am a shopper. Whenever I buy any big ticket item I go to every store that I can to see the product and talk to people about it. Now, when I buy electronics, I go to one store and talk to one guy. That's it. That's all. And EVERY TIME, I leave happy.

I have purchased 2 big screen tv's, a receiver, home theatre speakers, 2 dvd players, 2 sets of head phones, an iPod dock and other stuff I cannot remember from Bay Bloor Raido and specifically from DAVE IVANCIC. He remembers my name, and my wife's, how many kids I have and what I have bought from him over the years. He sells me what I need, not what I think I want. He has talked me DOWN in price points because he believes the less expensive item will work better for me. And he was right.

I sent my brother-in-law to him and he feels the same way. He won't buy from anyone else. My best friend, same.

You will NOT regret working with Dave. And delivery and set up? Have you looked at all the wires for everything??? Having that done for free is brilliant.

I can't say enough about the guy and the service. Go to Bay Bloor Radio, ask for Dave. And then don't worry about shopping anywhere else again, ever.

Andre in Little Portugal
Andre in Little Portugal
13 reviews ,

Mozart System (Yahama receiver and CD changer)

Bay Bloor Radio
416-967-1122
55 Bloor St W
Toronto
M4W1A5

As much as I am tempted to go into a big box store for convenience, I find myself going back to Bay Bloor Radio for a number of reasons. 1. Their high end items are fun to explore even if I can't afford them 2. They're a small business, not a faceless corporation, and offer great service 3. Their prices on entry level packages (like their Mozart Yamaha bundle) are competitive to the big box stores. So, considering all 3 reasons, why would you buy from anywhere else?

Tim from Toronto-1411
Tim from Toronto-1411
7.5/10

Stereo system

I was really impressed with their service and product knowledge. The quality of the stereo I purchased was fantastic and I haven't had any problems with it.

Dave
Dave

Bought a Bose Wave Radio

Well worth the drive from Mississauga into Bay Bloor Radio. They even saved me the parking by validating it after my purchase. Nathan was fabulous and very knowledgeable and helpful. We would recommend Bay Bloor to our friends. We will go back.

More about Bay Bloor Radio

Electronic retailer.
Looking for Electronic Retailers pros in Toronto?