Alleen's Custom Window Treatments And Accessories

Shutters & Blinds
444 Yonge St (College Park) Toronto ON M5B2H4
HomeStars  >  Shutters & Blinds in Toronto  >  Alleen's Custom Window Treatments And Accessories

Reviews for Alleen's Custom Window Treatments And Accessories

Tom from Toronto
Tom from Toronto

motorized blinds

In one word, my experience has been horrific. It's been over a year – starting with inaccurate measuring & fabrication of the product, repeated visits with several attempts at fixing the problem; I am now stuck with motorized blinds that grind when they open & close and the fabric edges are all frayed. If you want to experience the worst customer service, inferior quality of both product and installation with absolutely no commitment to getting issues resolved; then I recommend you get your motorized blinds installed by Alleen's.

bev from Toronto
bev from Toronto

Custom blinds

I went to Aileen for custom blinds for my new condo. I ended up going with Hunter Douglas blinds, one that were roller blinds and one that was a motorized duette blinds. While the blinds themselves were great and the frontline customer service I got was good, there were issues post-sale. The in-store customer service I got was helpful, the guy who came to do the measurements was great and offered recommendations on colours and the guy who installed the blinds themselves did a good job, quick and courteous.

But compared to non-brand name blinds at the big name store you're probably aware of, my custom blinds took 4 weeks to come and an installation appointment set up. The other place you're probably aware of, granted they aren't Hunter Douglas brand, can be ready in fast as 48 hours. The price is also hugely different as a fellow neighbour of mine in my condo with the exact same window measurements had their blinds done for about less than half the price (comparing apples to apples, just the roller blinds in this case. Not the motorized duette blinds).

I like the blinds themselves and majority of the service was good but it bugs me to no end that I had to wait so much longer than he did and he also got it for so much cheaper, by going to that big name competitor.

Sofie from Toronto
Sofie from Toronto

Window coverings

I have been a customer of Alleen's for over 30 years now - they have expertly outfitted at least 20 different homes that I have bought. They just completed the window coverings for my new home, and they turned a "normal" space into a piece of art. Harry helped me choose products which brought life to all the rooms, and dressed them in a way that enhanced the colours. And the price was reasonable - much better than the competition who were offering lower quality products (thinking I didn't know the difference - but I research everything to death), and not great design service. Great attention to detail - the staff at Alleen's are pros. They returned my calls right away to book appointments, ask about installation, and follow up with my questions. If you want top design, and a very competitive price (and great service), then truly there is nowhere else to shop. They have two incredible showrooms in Toronto, and I was then able to shop at home after I choose the products. I am thrilled with my window coverings - I received the products quickly, and the installation was quick and neat. The installers cleaned up after themselves and left absolutely no mess. Harry, Melanie, Sonya and the staff at Alleen's get a 10 out of 10 from me.

Ann Tomas in Toronto
Ann Tomas in Toronto

Window Coverings

I discovered through my designer and called them in to give me a quote for blinds and drapery. The pricing was in line with some of the other quotes I got but I really liked the vibe I felt when I visited the showroom and the knowledge of the sales team. I dealt with an in home consultant and a in store consultant and they both knew the product well and I felt confident going with them especially because I was going with a motorized product. The product arrived within a couple of weeks as I was told and they came in to install. The blinds went up and I was thrilled! They look amazing and I love my motorized option. The staff was attentive and I had to get a few things serviced after the fact and they came back and took care of us! I would highly recommend this company.

Gerry Desjardins from Toronto
Gerry Desjardins from Toronto

Window Blinds

I will never buy any product or services from Aleen's again.

This is what happened: I called Alleen's College Park for a full service custom blind experience.

Sonia showed up to measure two windows and show me fabric and options for the Hunter Douglas honeycomb blinds.

The fabric choices were easy to make and matched the decor perfectly. I have her a $1000 deposit on a 2395$ quote on Jan 10, 2014. Sonia informed that it would be 3-4 weeks, and shouldn't be delayed because this is not a busy season.

The blinds arrived and a time was scheduled. I had to call Sonia to follow up to ensure the installer was still making the appointment half way through as I had not heard from him. He ended up being 3 hours late but I agreed to wait.

He installed the non motorized blind successfully and went to install the motorized one, and it was not in working order.

I called Sonia, who gave me the low down on their repair process, and when I questioned her about inspecting the product before it leaving their shop, she indicated to me that it was Hunter Douglas responsibility to ensure their product was quality inspected.

But here I am paying Alleens to install a finished product. I am buying a service and product from them.

The complete lack of business ownership shown by Sonia, Margareta and Melanie was overwhelming.

The blind came back from repair and was installed - however the time and frustration that this experience has given me was beyond acceptable.

No one who I spoke with from Alleens apologized for their mistakes. They apologized it happened, and blamed it on the manufacturer and the fact it was a custom product.

I would assume that if you are selling custom luxury products - you are selling the experience that goes with it.

If you buy from Alleens - you better hope that nothing goes wrong ... It's was a tremendously frustrating experience when the culture from the top down shows blatant disregard for the time of the customer - and only about their bottom line.

Natalie Mitrovich from Toronto
Natalie Mitrovich from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Rollerblinds

Service started off great, until we actually ran into a problem. Now we can't get a returned call or email.

We had roller blinds installed in June. Some from top mount, some from bottom mount - we were told by Sonya that we could have the bottom mount blinds switched back at no cost if we wanted to...I reached out asking for them to be switched. Days later I finally got a cryptic reply. Multiple email exchanges still did not result in a resolution.

It's impossible to get a hold of her, she takes days to respond to email, the latest...we're told that it'll cost us over $360 to replace the chain, that they'll have to send them back to the manufacturer and we have to pay to reinstall.

To add insult to injury, I still wanted to proceed with the switch, but multiple attempts to reach Sonya resulted, once again in ignored emails and phone calls.

Take your business somewhere else.

Kathleen Gallivan from Toronto
Kathleen Gallivan from Toronto

Custom wooden shutters; custom silk drapes

Margarita made a special effort to get us untrained maple for our shutters when it was first not available. The drapes were exquisite lay made. She answered all questions promptly and accommodated all requests graciously.

m in Toronto
m in Toronto

Drapes for Bedroom

This was my first time having to decorate windows and I didn't really know where to start...My Mom recommended Alleens to me and I am very happy with how everything turned out.I found the staff very helpful and friendly and their advice was very much appreciated. I will definitely be returning when I need other window coverings.

Adam Smith in Toronto
Adam Smith in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Drapes

I ordered blinds from Alleen's two years ago, and from what I remembered the all process went through smoothly. Sonia helped me at that time, so last month, when I decided to order more draperies, I went back to her. However this is is a MESS! We trusted them that's why we paid up the full payment up front. Then, we never heard back from Sonia. She never picked up my calls nor replied my calls. She promised me that the drapes would be done by the end of May, but she never kept her promises. Finally, 3 weeks after her promised installment time, the drapes are ready. However, the measurements are wrong...so they have to send it back and get it remade. I called Sonia hoping for an explanation, but all she did was sloughing off. She said she would give me a response by the end of the day but never did. She also told me that the installation department is in charge to give me an approximate date for the next installation. I contacted the installation department and they are clearly not told what was going on. She was hiding the truth from me which made me furious. Honesty is the most important thing in business. If you cannot even give your customer a mere explanation then what's the point for staying in business? I already cancelled my Europe trip due to their irresponsibility and now I think I have to postpone my other trips too...

Vicky in Scarborough
Vicky in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

I love my blinds.

We received a promotional coupon in the mail from Alleen's so my husband & I decided to walk into the store. We were greeted right away, the salesperson was really helpful, she took the time to explain the different options we had. We had visited other stores & found that there pricing was very competitive, to be honest I felt more comfortable going with them, they seemed more confident with the products. We would like to thank Alleen's for all there help, we love our Silhouettes & drapery. We would recommend them to all my friends.

More about Alleen's Custom Window Treatments And Accessories

Our goal is to be on the cutting edge and offer customers the latest and most innovative products.