Shutters & Blinds
Shutters & Blinds

Reviews for Alleen's Custom Window Treatments And Accessories

J Seawell
J Seawell

New roller shades for condominium

My husband and I signed a contract for 10 roller shades for our unit. Sonia came to measure and we were asked to pay an extra $150 for size differences (This was stated in our contract). Once our shades were installed we noticed one was missing. We called the store repeatedly and were finally told Sonia would come out to measure. She never called or showed up at the scheduled time. We arranged a new time, she came to measure and then handed us another bill for $600.00. Our contract stated 10 shades and we paid for 10 shades.

Karina Mendez in North york
Karina Mendez in North york
1 review North York, ON

New Blinds for a House

I have recently purchased a house as a first time home buyer and was looking for a reputable custom blinds store. One of my friends recommended Alleen's - the overall experience was just a delight. Their shop-at-home service is very convenient: flexible hours and they offer evenings consults too. Pricing is quite competitive. I ordered Hunter Douglas roll up blinds and received free installation as an added bonus. Very happy with Alleen's in general. Would definitely recommend to my friends

Bob in Foresthill
Bob in Foresthill

Motoriized drapery and Silhouette blinds

M5B2H4

Alleen's came highly recommended by our interio designer who had seen many of their jobs. We couldn't thank him enough for introducing them to us. It was the smouthest part of our total renovation. From the moment we made our first phonecall the person was so pleasent and professional ,did more listaning then talking.The rest of the service till compleation was on time within budget and more then we bargained for. Way to go Alleens

S Helfmeyer in York
S Helfmeyer in York

New blinds

We had to get new blinds for a number of rooms in our house. The staff at Alleen's patiently explained the different options and let us try out the blinds at the showroom. They came to the house to measure and then returned to install. We had a problem with one of the blinds that they fixed free of charge.

Highly recommended.

Milo Ancaster
Milo Ancaster

Vertical Blinds for our new condo (7 blinds in total)

M5B2H4

We were told it would take 3 to 5 weeks from the day we signed their contract until our blinds we installed. After 4 weeks passed without hearing from them. I contacted our sales person, Nadia. She told me that there had been some delays at the Hunter Douglas factory which would delay our installation 2 to 3 additional weeks. I contacted Hunter Douglas directly and learned that Nadia not been honest with me.....Alleen's hadn't placed the order with the factory for almost 3 weeks after we contracted them. When confronted with the facts Nadia didn’t even have the intestinal fortitude to apologize for trying to deceive us. I can forgive an honest mistake, but this I can't abide.

Lynn in Leaside
Lynn in Leaside

Repairs to skylight blind.

M5B2H4

For almost 6 months, we attempted to get this store to provide repairs to our skylight blind. After selling us a replacement battery for $200, which consisted of 18 AA batteries in a plastic box, my husband had problems installing it. We brought the battery kit back to the store and they were to send an installer to our home. The installer came, without the battery kit. Another appointment was to be set up, but no-one ever called. Repeated calls to the store resulted in promises to arrange an appointment, but this never happened. Sonia, the store manager, changed her story every time we spoke to her. She didn't follow through on anything she promised us, and was extremely rude and unhelpful. My husband finally had to go to the store to get the battery back, and we made other arrangements to fix it. I would avoid this store at all costs.

Ali, North York
Ali, North York

Custom Drapery

I had 2 sets of custom blackout curtains made by Alleen's for the bedroom and had their fitters measure the space to avoid any problems with sizing. Six weeks later when they came to fit the curtains, the curtains were several inches too short. The fitter installed the curtains and told me to contact the store and that they would rectify the problem. On contacting the store, they first denied there being any problems without even seeing the fitted curtains but finally agreed to come and inspect the curtains. On the day of the appointment no one showed. I called to make another appointment and they told me someone had come earlier than the appointed time and that they would not come again. Finally they agreed to come on another day. A lady from the store arrived on the 2nd occasion, very angry, rude and continuously shouting at us. After showing her that the curtains were far too short and as a result let in alot of light, she begrudgingly agreed to have the curtains adjusted. They were supposed to collect the curtains but despite several further phonecalls and visits to store they never collected the curtains. I finally had them fixed elsewhere. Avoid this store at all cost. Their workmanship is substandard and they don't care about customer service. The attitude and rudeness of the staff was amazing.

Gail in Toronto
Gail in Toronto

suncreen window coverings for my condo

After 3 years of use I enquired as to having my sunscreens motorized as I was having difficulty raising the 8'coverings. The saleswoman promised to call me with an estimate but never did. I visited the store and reminded her. As well I told her that 2 of the hems were coming undone. They wanted more than $100 to come out and pick up the blinds. I hand sewed the larger one and the saleswoman agreed to pick up the 5' blind and have it repaired. She never arrived at the appointed time. I phoned and left her a message asking what happened. Again she never responded. I would not recommend Alleen's.

More about Alleen's Custom Window Treatments And Accessories

Our goal is to be on the cutting edge and offer customers the latest and most innovative products.
Looking for Shutters & Blinds pros in Toronto?