Maple Leaf Appliance Repair / A - Repair

Appliance Repair
Greater Vancouver BC V3B 0J5
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Vancouver  >  Maple Leaf Appliance Repair / A - Repair

Reviews for Maple Leaf Appliance Repair / A - Repair

Paula O.
Paula O.
0 reviews Airdrie, AB

The young man was so nice and did an excellent job explaining costs and doing the repairs! Thank you so much!

Eli was great! He called to say he was coming earlier and when he arrived was knowledgeable and through. I highly recommend this company!

Thank you very much for your positive review! We work day and night to be the leading Appliance Repair company and provide a great customer service.
We are here to help you with any Appliance Repair you might need, whether it is a washer repair, dryer repair, fridge repair or dishwasher repair.

Louis Grenier from Calgary
Louis Grenier from Calgary

Gas oven repair

I contacted homestars to obtain quotes to repair our gas oven.

Within minutes, I received a phone call from Maple Leaf Appliance Repair. No other service provider reached out to me.

The technician, whose name I forgot, was very professional, knowledgeable and respectful. After examining the oven, he offered a quote for the service.

He replaced the igniter. Everything was done within an hour of his arrival.

Good work.

AMastrac
AMastrac
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

Water leaking and freezing in the bottom of fridge/freezer appliance

Alex was very knowledgeable and thorough in completing the work. HIs explanation regarding the solution made sense even to a lay person...thanks so much Alex.

Yana in Calgary
Yana in Calgary

Fridge repair

On August 2018, I called the Maple Leaf appliance repair to do some repair for my refrigerator.
The office person was very professional and kind with me, she explained me all the procedure and the price rates prior my appointment. I had the next day appointment with the confirmed time. I was really great full, my life was really hard without the fridge.
I got a call, when technician was on the way, so I was ready to see him.
When Eli, the technician arrived, he was very professional and polite. He fixed my fridge really faster than I was planning. So when he came, he had idea where is the problem. Great job!!! Everything was fast and clean. I really surprised!
I highly recommend this company and will use them in the future for sure!

Alex
Alex
1 review Vancouver, BC

Fridge repair

I had a problem with my maytag fridge, it wasn’t cooling ( the freezer was ok ).

I found maple leaf on google and called them , a very nice lady booked an appointment for the next day , the guy arrived on time . The technician was clean and polite , replaced a faulty thermostat thing and the fridge was ok . Very easy going experience much recommended

Jimmy in Calgary
Jimmy in Calgary
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Bad Fridge Repair

I had a frustrating 5 day experience with the company that was quite dismissive of anything I had to say and even worse what my wife had to say. When I called, I had already determined that there was an issue with the defrost circuit. I am not a appliance technician nor claimed to be, but am a Master Electrician and Engineering Technologist so I know a fair bit about how circuits and process loops should work. I asked them (via my wife) to check the defrost circuit because I knew it wasn’t working properly, but not sure why. When the guy came he spent an hour without checking the defrost and told my wife it was the compressor system and it would be over a $1000 to replace and recommended we buy a new one. His reasoning was that the bottom half of the coils were not frosted nearly as much the top so the refrigerant wasn’t distributing to all the evap coils. I tried to explain to him and his managers that it was because I had been manually running the heater (bypassed control board) so it could defrost to keep using the fridge. I was treated like some dummy when I asked for a refund and told that their tech was a 30yr pro and he basically doesn’t make mistakes. When I challenged the diagnosis they became defensive so I took apart the freezer again and took a picture of the evenly distributed frost and sent it them. Then their attitudes changed. In the end, the tech and manager did offer an apology because I had proven what they wouldn't listen to, but did not stick to the 100% money back guarantee they offer. They offered to come and try and fix the defrost, but I would rather lose $110 for the visit then deal with them again. They did refund the portion for time the tech was there ($90), but not the associated GST (~$5). To top it off, the tech didn’t put all 6 screws back into the rails that holds the freezer door. There’s supposed to be 3 per side and now there’s only 2 per side and I couldn’t find them anywhere. I’ve asked them to come and put them back, but they suggested I go find them and they’ll reimburse me. I don’t have time for that and they never did return my call. I've since had it fixed by others Poor experience all around.

Ron
Ron
1 review Vancouver, BC

refrigerator leaking problem

Gino arrived on time and identified and corrected the problem quickly and efficiently. He was very professional, personable and caring. Excellent service. Thanks again Gino. R

Calgary Homeowner in Calgary
Calgary Homeowner in Calgary

plaint Description:
On July 19 a technician came to fix the ice maker on my fridge. He said Samsung fridges usually just need to be turned off and back on to reset them. So he turned it off and back on and I paid 105.00. Unfortunately I wasn't asked to do that prior to him coming out- the appointment was made 2 days before. He told me that should work and if it didn't I'd need a new ice maker. It didn't work, but I went out of town right after and contacted them to find out about getting a new ice maker when I returned. I had the appointment setup for August 3, based on the info I was given by the service rep.- 207.00 for part and 95.00 for labour. Then I got a call that day from the technician telling me it would be 250.00 for the labour- for a 30 minute call and that he wouldn't take off the 105. service fee I already paid because I didn't fix it at the initial call. I had to remind him that he told me to wait to see if the reset worked, but he said he didn't remember me or my fridge. He told me to call the office if I had an issue. After calling the office the labour charge was reduced to 150.00, so I agreed to do it. Then I found out he wasn't able to make the scheduled appointment. I was then told the technician was now sure that I need a new control board, so I had to wait until August 8 for the part. That astonished me because he put on the invoice that I needed a new ice maker if the reset didn't work. Then he didn't remember me at all! Then without looking at my fridge he now knew I needed a new control board. However I couldn't get an actual quote before agreeing to the call because there are three control boards and he didn't know which one needed replacing. That was the last straw for me so I asked for a refund since they didn't fix my fridge and I lost all confidence that they knew what they were doing. I was told when I booked the initial appointment that I would not be charged anything if they couldn't fix the problem. I shared my concerns with the manager who passed it on to the owner. Neither one expressed any concern or offered any assistance. I was told by the owner, Vlad, that although he wasn’t born in Canada he still knows the meaning of the word CAN’T- really!?? Since they say they can fix the problem I can't decline service for any reason and expect a refund of the service fee. I'm not sure they can fix the problem and I'm not willing to keep paying and hoping for the best. I'm also not willing to let the technician back into my home after his rude behaviour and seeming unwillingness to fix my fridge!

Serena in San Francisco
Serena in San Francisco
1 review Brossard,

Hidden Fee

We had a dishwasher leak. The initial call was a pleasant experience. After describing our situation, we were told it sounds like either the inlet valve or the hose, which will cost approximately $200 for the service fee + cost of the part.

The technician who was on time and very polite and professional.

Our main dissatisfaction came from the ambiguous final charge of $405. After the in-house diagnostics, the technician told us the TOTAL would be $385 including the part ($150) and taxes.

However, after finishing, the technician said the total is $405 because of an additional service charge ($20) due to our unique dishwasher model (we have a Samsung). This felt out of the blue, especially since we were only informed at the very end.

The receipt also did not specify for what we were charged. It just stated that we paid $405 in cash.

The potential for hidden fees even after the initial in-house assessment is the main reason we will not be returning.

Hi Serena,
First let me thank you for your feedback, it is always appreciated.
I apologize for the inconvenient caused to you here. We ask the technician to always give a quote before they start but in very unique cases (especially with Samsung products) we are able to see the complexity of the job only half way through it. I once again apologize about the extra charge and would be happy to offer you a $20 refund.

Sheila123 in New Westminster
Sheila123 in New Westminster
1 review New Westminster, BC

Exceptional Service!

Alex came to my home for a service call today. He was on time, exceptionally professional, polite, and knowledgeable. It turned out the item I had called to have checked was fine after all (it was more of a safety check on my part), so he asked if I had questions about any of my other appliances while he was there. He looked at a couple of other things for me, and explained how things worked. You just don’t often get this level of quality professionalism very often any more. Maple Leaf Appliances is definitely my new appliance repair company from now on!

More about Maple Leaf Appliance Repair / A - Repair

We are Maple Leaf Appliance Repair, a local appliance repair company
We service all major household appliances
of all makes in Vancouver, Edmonton And Calgary
We are here to bring you the next generation of
good, professional customer service.
We will preform washer repair, dryer repair, dishwasher repair, oven/stove repair and fridge repair of any make and model.
We do SAME DAY repairs, call us today!