Metro Snow & Ice Management

Reviews for Metro Snow & Ice Management

Allan in Ottawa
Allan in Ottawa

Snow removal & ice mgt

Excellent service !!! That is for their prompt service and quality of snow removal. I tried the new ice brining service & it made a big difference.
There signs should bein every driveway.

I'm glad the 'Ice Brining' worked so well for you Allan and everyone who tried it. I will spend more time next winter expanding it for other customers.

CopelandParkMama in Ottawa
CopelandParkMama in Ottawa

Great snow removal!

4th year with Ken, and always very pleased with the service. Great communication, so you know when to expect the plows. He often throws in "courtesy clearings" even if the snowfall amount didn't reach the minimum required for plowing. Metro plows always arrive sooner than the competition too. Well worth the money for the peace of mind that comes with consistently good service!

Thanks for recognizing all we do. Really means a lot to all of us know we are appreciated by so many long term clients.

elayne taylor in Ottawa
elayne taylor in Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

snow removal

We are totally impressed with the professionalism and communication experienced with our first time ever snow removal contractor.. Metro ( Ken Dale and his amazing team ) did a superb job this winter especially during the 2 or 3 extreme snowstorms.

We will definitely be signing up for next year and have already recommended the company to many friends and relatives.

Hannah in Ottawa
Hannah in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Snow clearing

I am completely satisfied with Metro's snow clearing. Not only is snow efficiently cleared, Metro keeps customers updated by email regarding the upcoming weather event, their plans to deal with it, and the occasional joke or other light touch. I really felt that the company was "with me" in our joint fight to keep my lane way open.
They were also very responsive when I emailed them from Florida, asking to arrange a one-time path clearing while I was out of town during last month's record snowfall.

Hannah, your comments are certainly appreciated.
Glad we performed well for you this winter.
Thanks again for trusting myself and my team.

4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Metro Snowblowing Winter 2015-2016

We "followed" Ken to Metro this year because of how well we received service when he ran the operation for his previous employer. We also recommended him to other neighbours egi eventually signed on. We felt that Metro easily outperformed all the "other guys" and we especially appreciate the regular, gentle-humoured newsletters as well as the tractor alerts by e-mail. Particularly impressive is the timing of windrow removal after the city plows come by.
We will definitely renew with Ken for next winter and always do so within days of receiving a contract offering to ensure that we remain "on the list". We would not go "with anyone else", it is that simple.

Many thanks Peter.
Again, for your support.

Maria in Centerpointe
Maria in Centerpointe

Great Snow Removal Service

This is my first year with Metro. The service was great. My laneway was always cleared before I went to work. Metro is very good at coming to clear the snow as soon as the city plows come by...which is very much appreciated when you need to get out of the driveway in a hurry. Also a nice bonus ... one application of "brining" at no cost...no one gives you anything for free this days. I also like the fact that we get emails before we get snow storms to let us know Metro's plan of action and I also appreciate the alerts when my driver is on my street. It is very hard to find snow removal companies as committed as Metro. I would highly recommend them to anyone! Thank you!!!

Susan in Nepean in Ottawa
Susan in Nepean in Ottawa

Metro - the best

After our big snow storm this year (about 50 cm of snow), I took a walk around the block and all the driveways marked with the Metro signs were clear including the city snow plow 'plugs'. By far, the best cleaned driveways on my block!

Steve novak in Ottawa
Steve novak in Ottawa

Snow clearing

Signed on as a first time customer this Winter. Totally outperformed my old contractor. Came out and cleared at 4 cm (not 5 cm like last guy) and even came around between storms to 'tidy up driveways' now and again. Emails updating progress and alerts during storms are great and they keep my wife and I in the loop.
The even 'brined my driveway' for free during icy periods even though it's a service you past for. These guys are obviously ahead of the curve and really care about your driveway. Highly recommend!

Always great to hear Steve and thanks for your trust and confidence1
Ken Dale

2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Residential Snow Removal

First year with Metro Snow Removal. This company came three times before their competitor showed up once. It seemed like minutes after the city plow came by that Metro was on site cleaning the end of the driveway and doing the driveway once again even though it wasn't really required. Obvious pride in the quality of work and are committed to the level of service they list on their website. With the amount of stories relating to snow removal nightmares it is nice to see that there is an honest dependable choice. My compliments

Really glad you are pleased Peter and thanks for the positive feedback and review.
Ken Dale

More about Metro Snow & Ice Management

WELCOME TO METRO SNOW & ICE MANAGEMENT!

Ken Dale, owner of Metro Snow & Ice Management, has over 25 years of experience managing large snowstorms in Ottawa. Ken founded and is past Chairman of OSCA (Ottawa Snow Contractors Association), which is a self governing organization of credible, well established snow contractors in our city. He has annually attended snow conferences around North America to keep services and technologies in the snow and ice management leading edge.