Metro Snow & Ice Management

Reviews for Metro Snow & Ice Management

Darlene in Nepean
Darlene in Nepean

Snow removal

Metro Snow provides a top notch service. The owner Ken Keeps clients updated with ongoing email communication. He and his team are proactive, professional and their service is efficient and thorough.

Many thanks for this Darlene,
All of us here appreciate it.
The Matro team

Dave and Barb in Grand Falls Windsor
Dave and Barb in Grand Falls Windsor

Responsible and Responsive

We have been with Metro now for several years and are very satisfied customers. They are not cheap, but they value their customers and their business approach is very good. Prior to the snow season they write emails to explain their approach, introduce your driver, and suggest how to register any complaints/compliments (using Snow Issue link and email, not phones). Any time I have contacted them, they have replied promptly and any issue I raise is dealt with and not repeated. Best of all, they do a good job on our driveway, and we also have shovelers. I think we're probably near the end of the route, and that's okay. We're really pleased with their follow-up clean-ups or "tidy-ups". The newsletter, Between Flakes, is innovative, informative and often quite funny.

Many thanks Dave and Barb,
Excellent comments and we’re glad to hear you are pleased.

Kaloozie Comfort
Kaloozie Comfort
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Snow removal tragedy

I just signed a contract this year for the first time as I am tired of shovelling
Today completed the second snow event with absolutely no service in spite of repeated calls and emails to Metro
I even went in person to their office after no service the first time and met the owner who assured me I would be taken care of
I have only received broken promises
We signed up in October and received our metro posts so we weren’t missed
Recently an Ottawa roofer was jailed for taking money and not providing the service
Perhaps a call to the RCMP is in order
I’m a small business owner and I think integrity is important

Mark

All driveways appeared cleared within the allocated and contracted time. If an address is supplied to me I will personally investigate this.
Ken

Brittany from Ottawa
Brittany from Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

It's only November....

Bummer. I was really happy with their services in past years. They weren't very good last year and this year they promised to be better yet treated me like my money was worth nothing. I had to cancel my contract after the last snowfall. Major lack of communication with me and wasnt impressed with almost 2 inches of snow in my lane way then being told they were doing courtesy passes as if the accumulation over 2 days was them doing me a favour. Ya thanks. There are other things that have gone wrong with the service hut I find every plow company forgets from time to time - and that's ok. It's how to fix the mistake. I dont think this company really cares if your satisfied or not to be honest. Maybe other people have better experiences. I hope they go back to their service model before. Way more effective.

I’m trying to look into this for your Brittany. We stake all customers everyday and a man goes out daily to fix any missing or broken stakes, I’ll advise your CSR Sarah and if you call and ask for Sarah this can be remedied quickly. Also we have an issue form on our website that goes directly to your rep and is addressed immediately it’s included in all my emails. Please use this as the fasted way to get things done.
We do appreciate you business of course and want to help immediately.
Metro

Glad I didn't continue with Metro this year

We used Metro last year and they always came the latest compared to other companies. I had to do my driveway many times because they never show up on time. I see a lot less Metro signs in our community guess everyone feels the same. I am very happy today i didn't hire them this year. 48 hrs after the first snow storm, one of my neighbors (only
neighbor uses metro on my street) driveway is still covered with snow and metro haven't even come once. Neighbors on other side with different companies had their driveway done 3 times already.

I have intentionally reduced the number of clients per route, and lowered the customer to tractor ratio on all routes. Our service is now faster and better then ever. All clients were cleared last storm unless they were ‘last minute’ sign ups and did not have stakes. These clients were told they may not be done that storm do to last minute sign up.
Thanks and sorry you weren’t pleased.

L. D. Cross in Ottawa
L. D. Cross in Ottawa

Paid but no plow

My husband purchased a single driveway ($335+tax) snow removal contract from METRO for 2018-19.
A snowfall of 12cm overnight from November 15 to 16. No METRO plow appeared on November 15. I shovelled the entire driveway myself.
The city plow did Bonnie Crescent at 3:00PM on November 16. Still no METRO plow for the throwback.
Another snowfall of 6cm overnight from November 16 to 17. No METRO plow appeared on November 17. I shovelled the entire driveway myself, again.
No number of phone calls or emails get any results.
METRO’s “First There Guarantee” is a farce. They are the LAST to be anywhere, if they show up at all. Have yet to see their plow.
METRO should be charged with fraud for taking money and not providing the paid-for service.

We will investigate your complaint here and see why you were missed.
If it was a late signup without marker stakes this could create confusion for the driver .
Apologies.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Worst service, so much scrapping on the interlocks on the driveway!!

The service seems to be ok during the snow removal time. However, if something goes wrong on your driveway, you are on your own. The calls, follow up calls, emails and even talking to the General Manager ( that’s what the person whom I talked over phone and in person told me) can not solve your problems, beacuase they do not care. So much of scrapping on the interlocks after their work was finished for the season. After repeated follow ups and finally in person, the GM guy told me that they are not responsible for any damages to the interlock and it is in the contract, which he was not even aware , until I showed up on their door. So I do not recommend this company and beware of what you are signing into.

We’re glad the service was good however regarding the scapes on interlock the GM advised that these will disappear over time. Stainless steel blades are used to avoid this but if a blower picks up a rock, or item then a scratch could occur. All our items which we are and are not responsible are listed in our contracts for review.

Snow removal

I have never had an issue with metro snow and ice. I have used this company for the last 5 years and they always show up on time. I would recommend this company to everyone

Snow removal

I have had Metro Snow & Ice service for a couple years now and have been satisfied with my services received. I have emailed anything I needed addressed or delt with and not once had an issue with the staff responding to me.
I have recommend Metro to some friends and they have also enjoyed the services they have received.

Maria1983 in Ottawa
Maria1983 in Ottawa

Love the company!

Signed up with them last year and am continuing service again this year, i personally had no issues with metro snow last year, they always updated me with when the tractors where heading out, and always cleared the snow in a timely fashion.
would recommend for sure

More about Metro Snow & Ice Management

WELCOME TO METRO SNOW & ICE MANAGEMENT!

Ken Dale, owner of Metro Snow & Ice Management, has over 25 years of experience managing large snowstorms in Ottawa. Ken founded and is past Chairman of OSCA (Ottawa Snow Contractors Association), which is a self governing organization of credible, well established snow contractors in our city. He has annually attended snow conferences around North America to keep services and technologies in the snow and ice management leading edge.