Metro Snow & Ice Management

LB
LB
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

Terrible service this year

We hired Metro Snow and Ice this past winter, as did several of my neighbours. Cleaning was consistently late, compared with other snow removal companies on our street. Customer care was awful and often met with agressive replies and comments.

We had been with this company since it was Appleseed, with great experiences. In my opinion, lots of emphasis on their bells and whistles, and notifications (consistently inaccurate) but little time for actual job completion or customer care.

Six neighbours, and myself, have decided not to hire this company this year, due to the terrible service we received last year.

Sorry you weren't happy last winter LB

Service

Highly recommend this snow removal company. Met all my expectations for the years I have been using their service. Updates on the status of their vehicles and when we can expect a clearing is very helpful... True professionals..

Many thanks for this great review.

Rachel in Ottawa
Rachel in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Interesting change in the nature of reviews recently

I’m struck by the fact that very recently there have been a number of consistently positive reviews on this site. This strikes me as odd seeing as there hasn’t been snow on the ground in months. And the reviews went from almost 100% negative I almost 100% positive. This seems fishy to me and further confirms that this is not a company I would ever want to deal with again in the future.

Nothing odd about this at all. I’ve asked my clients to provide a review on their-positive experience and service. As much as you would like to disbelieve, Metro has thousands of very happy clients over the many years. It’s just human nature that people are prone to provide negative comments versus positive one unless requested to do so.

7 Newark Street

we have been with Metro for several years and have received excellent service. Driveway is plowed and then they return after city plows have been around. At this time if we have removed our cars from driveway, Metro clears the drive again. Have already signed up for this year. Thank you

Glad you are contuily

Unsatisfied in Nepean
Unsatisfied in Nepean

Limited Service

A few years ago I used this company when I moved and they were great.
However, the past two years have been dismal at best. Even though I paid early, they showed up for less than half the storms, even missing a few in a row so I was almost always late for work or missed work entirely. Save your money, you'll be shoveling yourself anyway. For two years, repeatedly request for services were ignored until finally I received a nasty message from the owner that it was entirely my fault. Our entire street was missed over 50% of the time for 2 years so I doubt that. I went with this company because I liked their commitment to the community and that they text you an hour ahead of time. Sadly it's empty air.

Sorry you feel this way. 50% of the tome missed is a huge exaggeration at best. We’ll try to improve.

David Morse from Ottawa
David Morse from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

snow removal

Very good service they do their best to clear driveways ASAP especially for getting to work, and come by later and clean up after the plows. , excellent communications, friendly drivers, great equipment. I was very pleased with their service and have been using them for several years. Thee price is reasonable.

Great to hear this David from one of our many satisfied long time clients
Thanks

AReise in Nepean
AReise in Nepean

Service

We use Metro for snow removal, they are a reliable company that is essential in my eyes. They clear my driveway effectively and any issues are immediately addressed. Thank you for the years of service, here’s to another great season!!

So nice to hear this. Thanks for your belief in what we do.
Thanks

Metro Snow & Ice Management

Excellent service and follow up. We buy this service for my Mama and if Mama ain't happy....nobody's happy!

What I'm telling you is that she loves it! She has called during wild snow days and she needs to get out of her laneway and they respond quickly.

If Mama has no where to go, she doesn't call;)

Great job and gratitudes to You and your Crew!

We want to keep 'Mama' happy! Thanks for sharing and we'll continue to try our best each winter.
Appreciate this.

Carol in Ottawa
Carol in Ottawa

Laneway clearing

I have been using METRO snow and Ice Management for over 6 years now. I renew every year and will continue to do so. Ken Dale is fair in his pricing and continues to manage and train a responsible and efficient team. His email updates are informative, and with a twist of humor he educates his clients on the snow removal business so you have an understanding as to what is happening and when. I would recommend him and his team as a reliable snow removal company that can be trusted to do a great job in a responsible way!

Thanks so much Carol and we're glad you're pleased. Great review and we all appreciate it here at Metro.
Blessings

Cheryl in Nepean
Cheryl in Nepean

Driveway clearing

Metro driveway snow removal has been my only snow removal company for the past three seasons. Their service is exceptional! They are on time, they keep their clients up-to-date and are prompt to return calls. I recommend their service.

Many thanks for this Cheryl.

More about Metro Snow & Ice Management

WELCOME TO METRO SNOW & ICE MANAGEMENT!

Ken Dale, owner of Metro Snow & Ice Management, has over 25 years of experience managing large snowstorms in Ottawa. Ken founded and is past Chairman of OSCA (Ottawa Snow Contractors Association), which is a self governing organization of credible, well established snow contractors in our city. He has annually attended snow conferences around North America to keep services and technologies in the snow and ice management leading edge.