Accu Serv Heating And Air Conditioning

Reviews for Accu Serv Heating And Air Conditioning

Cathy on Kent
Cathy on Kent

AMAZING!

Of course the current heat wave brings panic when you flip the switch and nothing happens. Enter Lynne my first contact with Accu serv who was kind and patient and understanding. She said perhaps the next day or at most the day after. Next, Charlie, who was the same, kind and patient who quickly got to work checking everything in the system. In a short period of time he called me outside and showed me the critter chewed power line. It was replaced, the air came on and pure bliss!! Thanks to Lynne and most importantly Charlie who came in the sweltering heat to save the day! Thanks so very much for your prompt, professional and kind service.

Dan B.
Dan B.

Charlie and AccuServ to the rescue!

My A/C unit faltered right at the peak of the heat wave. Charlie the technician diagnosed the problem and fixed the unit, all within my budget. Special thanks to Charlie and AccuServ on a job well done and for restoring peace and cool air to my home!

Peter in Toronto
Peter in Toronto

AC Leaking

We've used Accu Serv in the past for servicing of our furnace and fireplaces. A few days ago, we found a small amount of water pooling around our furnace base. We called Accu Serv immediately and they were able to give us an appointment for the next day.

Alex was very helpful. He came, provided some recommendations and made the repair. When the AC continued to leak he came back after his final job for the day to make sure the repair was done right! We appreciate that he took the time to come back and made sure that we could be worry-free. I would recommend Accu Serv and we will be sure to use them again!

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Excellent Service

I have been having trouble with my AC unit for 3 seasons. I decided to try another service co and reached out to accuserv. Charlie came out to my house promptly and solved the problem immediately. Excellent service and he was the first to solve all the various issues! My ac works perfectly now. Im glad I found accuserv and will be using them again for any heating/ac needs. Thanks again

mike from Toronto
mike from Toronto

Fixed my AC and furnace!

My furnace and AC were not working. Accuserv was quick to assess and fix the issue. Charlie (the technician) was knowledgeable and provided top notch customer service. He identified the issue and performed the fix quickly - and i was very satisfied with his professionalism and customer service. He remembered (I probably wouldnt have noticed) that there was a screw that was left unscrewed and he drove back to my house to take care of it. Highly recommend him and Accuserv!

hargow in Toronto, Ontario Canada M4C3G9
hargow in Toronto, Ontario Canada M4C3G9

Ductless a/c in a 75-yr-old bungalow

After hauling portable a/c units in and out of my windows for 30 years, I finally decided to upgrade to a more sophisticated (albeit pricey) method. I contacted AccuServ because they currently service my gas boiler.

As indicated by others on this site, Vlad was terrific in terms of understanding my needs, explaining the options, and good old-fashioned promptness and professionalism. For various reasons, the road to an actual purchase decision was somewhat lengthy, but Vlad consistently made it clear that AccuServ would be there for me when I was finally ready. I ultimately chose a Mitsubishi unit with heads in two rooms.

Installation occurred during two days in September. Let's just say Erich, AJ and crew know their stuff. Even with the most detailed pre-planning, there are always last-minute challenges that crop up, and Erich was able to visualize solutions that made sense, both functionally and aesthetically. Equally important, these guys worked HARD from start to finish.

It's somewhat ironic that by the time I finally installed ductless a/c, there was no longer a need for cooling the house. However, the unit also has heat pump capabilities, so I was able to test that out with real success.

Everyone I've dealt with at AccuServ over the years has been professional, reliable, approachable and customer-focused. Thanks, folks.

lancetwc in Toronto, Ontario
lancetwc in Toronto, Ontario

Replacing our boiler

I had Accu Serv to replacing my old boiler last year. They provided recommendations and replacing the boiler in a very efficient way. The technicians always came on time and kept the clean.

Lance, thank you for taking the time to share your AccuServ experience on HomeStars! We’re pleased to receive such great feedback regarding our skilled technicians and HVAC service solutions. Thank you for being a valued AccuServ customer, and for your continued loyalty! - The AccuServ Team

Andre Fauteux from Toronto
Andre Fauteux from Toronto

recharge ductless unit

Accu Serv serviced my ductless unit about a year ago. I was charged for a refrigerant top up and $ 180 to insert red leak detection dye in the system. Last week I had a serviceman in to recharge the same unit and he told me that there was no red dye evidence, either no dye had been inserted or the mechanic was unsuccessful inserting the dye

Hello Andre,

We are sorry to hear that you has a less than exceptional experience with our company. There is nothing more we strive for than compete customer satisfaction.

I am not sure if the other contractor had the correct abilities or tools to conduct a proper search for the UV dye that was previously installed in your unit last July. The injection of dye and top up of refrigerant wasn't a permanent solution. We did require a second visit to complete the search for the refrigerant leak. We ask our clients to schedule a return visit in 4 to 6 weeks when it’s convenient for them. We really wish you would have called us back to give us the opportunity to re-assess the a/c as we would have gladly accommodated you in our schedule.

If there is anything else we can do to meet your satisfaction, please let us know how we can fix it for you as customer satisfaction is paramount.

Regards,
The Accuserv Team

jamemas in Toronto
jamemas in Toronto

Furnace maintenance

I hired AccuServ to do a maintenance for my furnace as they have provided me great service previously. They were able to fix my furnace last year when ilthe furnace wont start up. The technician said, it just needed some cleaning up and the furnace is still in great shape.

Fast forward to this year, the technician they sent spent most of the first hour arguing with clients. He braggs that he is their best technician that is why customers keep calling him.

Anyway, he gave my furnace a red tag and gave us 45 days to fix the issues. The main reason was “defective heat exchanger”. The only way to fix the issue is to do a costly replacement of the heat exchanger or replace the furnace altogether. I have at least 4 other HVAC companies
to check the furnace and they did not find anything that would warrant a red tag. They all said that if the heat exchanger is in fact defective, they would have immediately turned off my gas.

However, with two young kids. My wife was so scared that we decided to replace the furnace. We went with more trustworthy HVAC company. I did not even bother listening to AccuServ when they called me to provide their quote for a new furnace as they have lost my trust.

Response to AccuServ. Please get your fact straight. To clarify, Enbridge was in our house because we smell gas and was subsequently cleared. There was never a carbon monoxide detected by your technician, Enbridge and the other technician who have experiences that range from 12 years to 30+ years. As per the infractions, Enbridge and the other experienced and from reputable HVAC companies does not warrant red tag. They were doubtful that the redtag was even submitted to Enbridge. As per the liquid leak, the Trane model that I had is infamous of having them and not from the heat exchanger.

Hello Jake

When you first contacted us, Enbridge had just left your home because your carbon monoxide detectors had gone off. Our senior technician, who followed after, identified several code infractions when he arrived on site.

The red tag, which is the primary focus of your negative review, was towards your defective heat exchanger. For your reference, we have pictures of severe water leakage and damage in the upper compartment of the furnace. Due to the nature of the leak, the senior tech concluded it was coming from the secondary heat-exchanger.

We never heard back from you after our visit, and we would have been more than happy to discuss and explain our findings. Reality is our senior technician has over 25 years experience, and novice technicians can easily overlook this complicated problem. If he had walkthrough those other technicians who visited your home via phone, he could have guided them to the same clues and conclusion.

We find it interesting that despite having 4 other HVAC companies confirming it was fine, you still went with our recommendation and replaced the furnace.

I suppose the combination of your CO detectors going off, the obvious signs of water damage and the convincing arguments from our senior tech might have been a factor.

We hope this better explains the situation. We strive for the highest level of customer satisfaction, and we're still more than happy to discuss this matter further if you wish. Feel free to call our main line at 416 269 2228 anytime.

Mitch and Valerie Solway in Toronto
Mitch and Valerie Solway in Toronto

Install New Navien Combi-Boiler - Best of Everything!

My old cast iron boiler was 32 years old and the last thing I wanted was for it to die on me and be forced to buy a new boiler in a day or two. So, over the course of 2 months I did an exhaustive search to find the right boiler and the right company. If I was going to spend $10K or more I wanted to do my homework.

I checked out a number of very highly rated companies on Homestars. They were are very quick and pleasant to deal with. But Accuserv was head and shoulders above everyone else.

First, they were the only company that 100% knew how to deal with my exising radient heating system in my basement. Others had workarounds or needed to bring in someone else.

Second, they were the only ones that actually specified every single component that I would be getting. They even were able to itemize each one to show why they chose that component and why it was the best one.

Third, they were the only ones that gave me 100% confidence that it would be installed properly. My research showed me that 99% of boiler issues were from improper installs. Accuserv really demonstrated that they understood everything about the proper installation. Further, the prefabricate most of the build at their own shop.

Fourth, they were the ONLY ones that offered me a significant warrenty on both the service and parts - 12 years! It was important to me that the company that installs this stands behind both the products they sell and the installation. Most other companies just offered 1-year on service and the manufacturer's warrenty on the parts. Further, Accuserv's warrenty is on every single piece that they built...not just the major components - all of it.

Fifth, they were the only company that gave me the option of running my exhaust directly outside my home (vs going through my closet). They knew exactly how to do this. None of the other companies knew how or wanted to figure it out. And it worked out great!

Sixth, Vlad, who I dealt with for over a month prior to signing on, was amazing. He responded quickly to all my questions and explained everything to me. He also made it clear that Accuserv only uses the best equipment and doesn't take shortcuts just to hit a budget. If they are going to warrenty it for 12 years, they want to nail it. To me, that is the approach that I was looking for. Plus, they dealt with many different boiler manufacturers so they never badmouthed any other brand and made sure to chose the brand that was right for my needs and my house.

Finally, the crew did an amazing job. Eric and his team were super nice and very organized. There were probably 8 different folks from the Accuserv team that came by during the day to help.

At the end of the day, after all my research, the Accuserv team did not let me down and delivered on everything they promised. They get my highest recommendation.

Thanks to the team for all your care and attention! (Before and after photos below)

Mitch & Valerie, thank you for taking the time to share your AccuServ experience on HomeStars! We’re pleased to receive such great feedback regarding our skilled technicians and HVAC service solutions. Thank you for being a valued AccuServ customer, and for your continued loyalty! - The AccuServ Team

More about Accu Serv Heating And Air Conditioning

AccuServ Heating and Air conditioning has been serving our community for over 20 years providing high quality repairs and installs. We're so dedicated to this goal that we have provided a series of guarantees to ensure your experience with our company is not just a good one, but a great ...
Looking for Gas Line Installation pros in Toronto?