Burl Oak Movers

Oakville ON L6K 1P9

Reviews for Burl Oak Movers

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

House move with Burloak Movers - excellent experience

We moved from a 4-bedroom to another 4-bedroom home and our closing did not match up so Burloak movers helped us move out and into storage and then move into our new home.
Burloak movers were professional, courteous, efficient, friendly and on time.
I will use them again.
I also really appreciate that their quote was accurate.
Thanks to Martin, Tyler, Simm, Tyler and Tom

Kristi in Oakville
Kristi in Oakville

Condo to New Home Move

We had a relatively small move (two bedroom condo) to our new home in Oakville and required movers to help with some of the bigger pieces.

I was quickly disappointed to find out that despite calling and leaving a number of messages for a variety of companies (even highly rated ones), very few actually ended up returning my calls! Perhaps it was the size of the job, or maybe it is a busy time?

Surprisingly, Burl Oak not only called me back within the hour, I received a quick quote and they didn't shy away from the size of the job. Over email, Martin and I finalized the plans and timing for the day and he answered all of my questions promptly.

The day before the move they called to confirm all the details / logistics.

Day of, we had Rob and Brendan as our moving team. These guys were fast! They arrived on time, good communication on logistics and well as being organized. They managed to pack up the condo faster than anticipated and left no damage. They had all the equipment they needed to do the job well, and they worked well together. They were polite and very professional.

On arrival, the efficiency continued. Big items like bedroom furniture that they had taken apart, was put back together and placed in the right rooms. I appreciated that care was taken to protect my carpets and flooring. They asked a number of questions to make sure everything was placed where it was supposed to go, and although fast - I never felt like they were rushing to finish the job. They were respectful of our space and little no mess behind.

The invoice was as quoted (no surprises) and they finished on time.

This was a very pleasant move experience and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Thank you to from start to finish. A very polished experience that was stress free.

Cathy
Cathy
4 reviews Burlington, ON

Would definitely hire again!

From start to finish they were excellent! Prior to hiring, Martin came out, looked around and provided a quote for their services. Emil was prompt answering any questions I had as moving day approached. On moving day the crew showed up on time. I can’t say enough about the crew (thank you again Tyler, Tyler and Mike). They were professional, efficient, polite, friendly....just Good guys to work with for the day. They took great care moving our belongings and it was an awesome experience.

Payton's new home!  in Oakville
Payton's new home! in Oakville

Amazing!!

Brandon and Thomas were amazing movers. Made a very long day easier. So polite, hard working with a fantastic attitude. We had so many heavy items and so many flights of stairs. We moved for the first time in 40 yrs so lots of memories packed in their truck and all arrived intact and put in their new rooms. No scratches, dents or damage. Highly recommend Burloak movers and the guys who made it happen!! Great job!! Don't want to move for another 40 yrs but if we do we know who we'll call!!

Juve and Alberto Jesus Oakville in Oakville
Juve and Alberto Jesus Oakville in Oakville

The best ever moving service

Due to home renovations, April 25/19, I had to move all furniture from the home into a rental container parked in my driveway. The movers were wonderful, very friendly and professional. They protected the furniture with wrap and did a great and fast job. Unfortunately I didn't get their names. June 22nd I needed the furniture moved back into the house. This time Brandon and John did the moving job. They are very professional, friendly, fast, careful with the furniture and its surroundings and extremely kind and helpful. I couldn't be happier with the service they provided. In the past I have used 3 other companies, they were good, but Burl Oak movers are by far the best in terms of
service, price, courtesy and meeting the schedules.
Martin, Emil and their staff, are very accommodating and flexible with the client's needs and request and I'll definitely recommend their services
to anyone looking for a reliable moving company and excellent service.

Catherine  in Oakville
Catherine in Oakville

Movers

We used Burloak to move from Oakville to Whitby in August 2018. Emil was very helpful in setting a date and attending our house for a pre move viewing and estimate. Three movers attended and all were friendly, hardworking and professional. We had one issue (the front door didn’t quite latch after it was put back on) which Emil addressed immediately. I recommend this company without hesitation.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Moving

Burloak Movers was highly recommended to us by our realtor. We had the good fortune of having Keith, Tomas and Danny for 12 hours. They were absolutely amazing--so careful, polite. I can't say enough good words about them. Their quote was a little higher but well worth the extra few dollars. They were also the only moving company that actually came to our house to see what had to be moved. Everybody else was over the phone. That was very important to us. I would use Burloak Movers again and again and recommend them to anyone. I wouldn't even look elsewhere.

Victoria  in Oakville
Victoria in Oakville

Burloak movers review

Would absolutely recommend burloak movers to anyone! Our move from Oakville to Waterdown was a complete success. The team was very polite and friendly even though they had horrible weather conditions to contend with. They finished the entire move without a scratch. I’ve worked with several moving companies before and this has been one of the best!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our company

Don in Oakville
Don in Oakville

A bit disappointed but move went relatively smoothly

I have given a neutral review because of mixed feelings about the move.
I cannot and will not say it was awful but I was a bit disappointed by a couple matters. First off, my family had to shift while I was out of the country so my wife set up everything and had someone from several companies including Burloak Movers come and give an estimate of the move cost. The cost From Burloak was initially good but not the lowest of the estimates but their claims of service and professionalism impressed my wife enough and I preferred to support local Oakville business. So we made the decision to go with them. At check out, it was a bit more than the quote but that was not unexpected due to the difficulties with differences between the original space and the new space. Some of the furniture wouldn't fit where it needed to, so some things had to be moved around a bit. This meant it took longer to place items in the new home. So I don't fault them at all for being a bit over the quote. Overall, I understand everything made it in one piece but there were a couple of disappointments, one was that while they were moving in the piano, they damaged a wall in the new house and sort of brushed it off as minor damage rather than offering to fix the damage (something that I would thing a professional mover would be adept at doing since these things happen regularly enough). The other issue was with getting out of the old place. There were some custom shelves and wood in the basement that the estimator said would be moved but the movers refused to handle. My wife, not wanting to be confrontational about it, let the issue go. So my shelves and wood didn't get moved. Overall, it was just ok but it could (and should) have been better.

Hi Don. I apologize for everything, but my guys did not inform me about the issues at your house. We are more than willing to fix all the problems with your move. Please give us a call to discuss the details. Thank you, and have a great day. Emil.

DougRV in Oakville
DougRV in Oakville
3 reviews Huntsville, ON

Move from Oakville to Orillia - September 2017

The BurlOak team did an excellent job for us. Would definitely use them again (and recommend them). Professional, courteous, no surprise approach. Showed up on time, got the job done very efficiently and their care for our furniture and possessions was very evident. They came prepared to do the job - lots of protective blankets, straps to secure furniture in the truck and wardrobe boxes (included).

BurlOak is one of the good guys in an industry that has a reputation for having some shady and careless operators.

Thank you Doug.

More about Burl Oak Movers

Burloak Movers Offering moving services in the Burlington and Oakville area for the past 15 years, we take pride in the quality of our work. We are committed to giving you the best possible moving experience - Upfront, hassle-free pricing and customized services that make sense!
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Oakville?