123 main hamilton ON

Reviews for Ash Chimney Sweeps

Private User reviews , ON

Chimney Sweeps

Ash Chimney Sweeps responded promptly to our request for service. The service was completed on time and at an affordable price. Once the service was finished, a thorough clean up was completed. I recommend them to anyone who wants their chimney cleaned or repaired.

What are the chances?

Like the review below - we booked a cleaning with Ash for the first time. $190. We were advised that the liner wasn't properly 'finished'. I was told that a few parts needed to be installed to meet 'code' and ensured the work would only take a few minuets. I ok'd the work without asking for the price. 20 mins later I received the invoice for $722.
Like the customer below i was charged $450 for a list of parts (9x13x5 SSTC, 5" RCW and 5" SS extension pipe). These prices are wildly inflated and after reviewing this site, I fear that this is a common up-sale technique which leaves customers flabberghasted.
My advice would be to request a quote if the Ash technicians find any 'repairs' that are required. Take the quote from Ash and compare it to other more reputable companies to ensure you don't get taken advantage of like I did.

Private User reviews Cambridge, ON

chimney

I had the chimney cleaned $190. They recommended and installed three additional parts; sealer, stainless steel cap, and one other part, ( sealer, 9x13x7 tcss,7" rcw} $460. They would not give me a breakdown for parts, and labour costs. I think that I vastly overpaid for the parts and installation.

Private User reviews Waterloo, ON

Didn't clean the chimney, paid full price

Like the other reviewer, I called them to clean my chimney. They came out and said they were unable to clean it, but charged me the full price for a service call. I didn't make a service call, I ordered a chimney cleaning. The employee called my wife the next day when she claimed asking her what her problem was. Totally rude and unprofessional.

Tired in Milton
Tired in Milton
0 reviews Milton, ON

Stay Away...should of read reviews before using this “company”

Hired this “company” to do a simple chimney cleaning for $184.95. Immediately the technician says they are unable to cleaning but still charging full amount as now my cleaning service has turned to a service call. Additionally as they do no work I am charged extra for apparent damage which I was not informed would be extra on top of the “service call”. I paid for a cleaning not a service call. Technician tried using the terms “moral high ground”. To justify what they were doing. I am all for paying for time to come out but I paid for a service to be completed and did not get that and got charged extra for additional work. Extremely poor service.

Marissa in Burlington
Marissa in Burlington
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Excellent Experience

We moved into an older home with a wood burning fireplace and needed to get it serviced, cleaned, the damper put back on it's track and have some areas of the chimney sealed as well as new caps on the chimney.
Excellent service from both the in office team and the technician, Tom. Very quick to respond to my initial message and good follow up with explaining services and pricing.
Tom was here at the time stated and did a great job at teaching us about our fireplace and doing the cleaning and repair.

Disgruntled Customer in
Disgruntled Customer in
1 review Burlington, ON

My chimney needed cleaning

Paid them to clean my chimney, in doing so they dislodged the chimney pipe from my fire insert.
Offered to come back and try to fix their mistake for an extra $300, but wouldn't guarantee it would be fixed.
Worst company service ever.

Ash chimney sweeps inc

The estimate this compay gave me for the project was 700$I ended up paying 1100.
They send a new technician with no experience .he had to call the manager and send picture on his phone to ask what to do .he ended up going back and come the day after with manager .
I asked if the extra work was at more cost And the manager said no but charged my husband 300$more when I wasn't around. They didn't answer my call to talk to them.and I talked to receptionist today after a month and still didn't have an answer for me.very disorganized.no recommendation from me.

an from Waterloo
an from Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

Ash Chimney Sweeps

Had a bad experience with this company. I asked for someone who could give us advice on soot coming up bricks at front of fireplace, and what to do. They sent an inexperienced person who did not give us good advice. We ended up with thousands of dollars in additional costs (between 3,000 and 4,000) because we followed his advice. He didn't know what he was talking about at all, and a more qualified person put things straight. We were also overcharged for the sweeping he did at the same time. I would not recommend this company at all. Head office is also somewhat disorganized, when you call for customer complaint resolution. I get the feeling they're a large company and really just don't care about their customers that much.

More about Ash Chimney Sweeps

We service. . . Oakville/ Burlington/ Hamilton/ Dundas/ Kitchener/ Guelph/ Cambridge/ Brantford/ Mississauga. Please visit our web site for the local phone number in your area.
Looking for Chimney Sweeps pros in Hamilton?