Chimney Build & Repair

Reviews for A1 Quality Chimney Cleaning & Repair

Joe in Mimico
Joe in Mimico

Chimney Cap Replacement

Extremely impressed with the service from Owen and his associate Zach. They quickly assessed the work needed, confirmed the price AND got the work completed. In and out within less than an hour, all quality work. Definitely recommend this team to address your chimney needs!

Laura in Toronto
Laura in Toronto

Exceptionally honest

As new home owner, I had called for two chimney sweeps. Coincidentally, A1 Quality Chimney Sweep had already cleaned our two chimneys for the previous owner weeks before we moved in. I had no idea, but they had my new home's record on file and let me know that there was no need for a cleaning. They also very patiently listened to an issue I once had with one of the fires (where some smoke blew down) and they told me what I had to do next time. They could have easily charged me for services I thought I needed, but instead were honest and patient on the phone and told me that no services were required at this time. Will definitely use them in the future! I'm very impressed.

Dorothy in Etobicoke
Dorothy in Etobicoke

Chimney Cleaning

416-231-6560
48 Fieldway Rd., 2nd Floor
Toronto
M8Z 3L2

Can't recommend A1 Chimney highly enough...their outstanding customer service makes this company a pleasure to deal with. Shawn, has been our Chimney specialist for a few years now and we couldn't be any more satisfied. He's exceptional....professional, engaging and extremely thorough plus he really cares about doing a good job.

Thanks for reviewing us, Dorothy! Shawn is an excellent technician and we love him too!

Andrea from Toronto
Andrea from Toronto

Excellent service!

We saw a hole in our chimney clay pot and found A1 through Home Stars. Kelley was very helpful and was able to give me a reasonable quote over the phone.

Shawn arrived on time with his assistant and they were both very courteous. The job was done within an hour and we are very pleased with A1’s quality service. Highly recommend!

Thanks for the great review! I let Shawn and Justin know how happy you were with the service!

Joan in Markham
Joan in Markham

Chimney

A1-Chimney inspect and repair that was leaking . Owen is very Knowledgable He knows what he is doing.He is very thorough with his inspection. Owen did a fantastic Job . We are highly recommend this company.

Thanks for the wonderful review, Joan! We're happy everything worked out for you!

Randar in Toronto
Randar in Toronto

Incredibly helpful with smoke in the basement

We contacted Kelley to discuss some smoke coming into our basement and potentially a chimney liner. He spent probably close to an hour on the phone as we discussed the problem. Instead of doing a repair that he felt wasn't necessary, he actually gave me some very good ideas on how to fix the issue without an expensive repair. As a thank you, I plan to use them for my next cleaning.

Thanks for the great review, Randar! I'm always happy to help. Give us a call after the burning season and we'll follow up and get the chimney swept for you.

Phenomenal service

It's been a while since I've encountered such terrific service. We required urgent chimney repair after a storm which occurrrd immediately prior to our vacation. Owen walked me through options and recognizing our situation, was able to promptly repair so we did not have to worry about it while away (and stayed within the quote). Thank you Owen and A1 for everything.

Thank you very much for the review. I am glad that we could help.

Best,

Owen

YV in Toronto, Ontario
YV in Toronto, Ontario

Chimney repair

This review is long overdue but better late than never. Got a quick and easy quote on the phone with Kelley. The repair for my parent's chimney was more involved than anticipated and Owen came out for a second visit. He took great care in explaining the issue and texting real-time roof-top photos to me while I was at work. I'm very happy with his repair job and so appreciative of the extra touches he added free of charge. Thank you Owen for your excellent customer service.

Review has 1 previous version

Thanks for the review! I'm glad we could get everything fixed on the chimney for your parents.

Nicole
Nicole

service

We had this company clean our chimney and were very pleased with the service and professionalism. A few weeks later we had a issue with the flue and when I call their office they had a person at our home within 20 minutes. He assessed the chimney and explained what he thought had happened. No intervention required and we were given instruction on the working of the flue and how to manage it.
We were not charged for this second visit and given very helpful information.
Excellent service all around

Thanks for the awesome review, Nicole! Our goal is to make it so you CAN use your fireplace, so we are happy to help. Give us a ring if you need any chimney service in the future.

Denis in Toronto
Denis in Toronto

Chimney Cleaning

Used the HomeStars for the first time to book this service, and was very lucky to find A1. They were very respectful of our home and recommended the appropriate service, even though that they could have charged me far more that they did. I initially requested the VET 3 inspection for our 2 chimneys, but after speaking to them they recommended only cleaning, which was far less in $$ the inspection. Honest, on time, and professional. Hard to find these days.

Thanks Denis!!! Yes we do try to find the most cost effective and safe solution for all of our customers. Enjoy the fireplaces and call us if you need anything else.

Best,

Owen

More about A1 Quality Chimney Cleaning & Repair

2012 and 2013 Consumer Choice Award winner for Chimney Services.

A-1 Quality Chimney is an award-winning, full-service chimney company that has been serving homeowners in Toronto and surrounding areas for 30 years.

Chimney cleaning, masonry repair and general maintenance is essential to preventing fire and ensuring safe operation of wood, oil, coal and gas burning appliances. With over 60,000 customers, we service thousands of fireplaces, wood stoves, pizza ovens, gas fireplaces, furnaces and other heating appliances.

When it comes to chimney repairs and chimney rebuilds, we are able to address any masonry issues that arise. Above the roof line, chimneys bear the brunt of our cold winters and hot summers and diagnosing and addressing masonry issues is our specialty. Once you are ready for your repairs, we’ll get it done, on-time and on-budget.

Having been in the business for so long, most of our customers come back to us year after year. And so we strive to give you the best service we can and ensure you and your family are safe and warm.