Ash Chimney Sweeps

george from Hamilton
george from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

New Tops to Chimney

I cannot comment on the Quality, I do take exception to the lack of communication regarding pricing. I feel I was overcharged and the last straw was the amount to apply the sealer. Make sure you understand everything in advance from this company.

Don from Hamilton
Don from Hamilton
1 review Dundas, ON

Chimney Sweeps

This is our fifth year using Ash Chimney Sweeps and as always they did an amazing job! Slight glitch in timing due to traffic but they were professional and courtesy. Office staff is well informed. I will be using them for many years to come.

Paolo Hollando from Hagersville
Paolo Hollando from Hagersville
1 review Hagersville, ON

Chimney clean and cap

Did not turn up at all on first and second bookings and no call either time to explain why they weren't coming. We were promised a discount because of this and then had to pay the previously quoted price. Do not use this company.

Denise from Hamilton
Denise from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Cleaning

Awesome! They came when they said they would. Andy cleaned without making a mess and was very helpful in helping us newbies with our new fireplace! Office staff is also very helpful.

Michelle in Hamilton
Michelle in Hamilton
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Inspection, sweep, new roof cap.

Honest. On-time and informative.
I used them to look at several fireplaces when we were looking at houses and they gave us good advice - even the home inspector said the Dundas team has an excellent reputation.

John Rae in Cambridge
John Rae in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

Wett Inspection

Needed a Wett certificate for the sale of my home,insector told me what needed done,trying to get them back to re inspect was vertually impossable ,we had a small window to get it done (2 weeks)...after days of calling and no returned calls our deal fell through...thank you Ass Chimney for not careing and your impersonal service... do yourself a favour,call someone else...

Tony Belbeck in Campbellville
Tony Belbeck in Campbellville
1 review CAMPBELLVILLE, ON

WETT Exam

In March of 2011 I had Ash Chimney Sweeps Inc. come out to our new "old house' to do a "wett" exam on my fire place and wood stove. When they arrived they did check and measured the fp then told me that the fire place really doesn't need to be wett approved because it was built with the house but it needed to be cleaned. They charged me for the cleaning $150 and then charged me for the exam on it $250.
Next. They looked at the Stove in the basement and told me that it wouldn't pass a wett exam.
I said I would probably move the stove to the studio next door where it was originally professionally installed. They told me if I got the stove moved over, they will come back and and approve it, and suggested that if I paid for it now, the original fee would stand $150. So I paid for the second Wett exam then and there.
The stove needed an 8' section of pipe and the Ash rep said he would get me a quote on that when he got back to the shop.
Total cost $621 dollars with taxes in. total time spent 1hour 20 minutes at my home
Received:
- 1 Fire place cleaning.
-No wett cirtificate on fireplace
-No wett certificate on Wood stove
-No paperwork to show that that they actually did a Wett exam
on the fireplace or wood stove of which they say thats what
the charge is for
- No Quote for stove pipe
I've since purchased a pipe from another supplier. and installed the stove.
Called Ash to come and complete the WETT exam on the woodstove.
Because I accepted him on his word and he didn't express it on paper
They now want to charge me another $250 dollars to do the wett exam that I already paid for.
All I can say is be aware of what people say and get it in writing.

Janice Hodder in Waterloo
Janice Hodder in Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

Cleaned Chimney, and put new top on

Did a good job cleaning the chimney and recommended replacing the top as it was rusty and bent (not keeping the animals out) I would recommend them again. They were on time and covered in front of the fire place so the ashes and stuff didn't get all over the carpet.

Carllynne in Dundas
Carllynne in Dundas
1 review Dundas, ON

Chimney Cleaning and Repairs

Ash Chimney Sweeps was a very personable company. They repaired my chimney and also cleaned it. They gave me a quote and it ended up being the amount I paid. Very satisfied with their work. Returning customer, would refer them to anyone in need.

ham2011:hd

Dave in Dundas
Dave in Dundas
4 reviews Dundas, ON

Chimney Clean and Cap Installation

Ash Chimney Sweeps provided a thorough cleaning and assessment of our older wood fireplace and chimney. They identified areas of concern we had not identified and undertook the repairs immediately despite the extreme high pith of our roof. We would utilize this company again without hesitation.

More about Ash Chimney Sweeps

We service. . . Oakville/ Burlington/ Hamilton/ Dundas/ Kitchener/ Guelph/ Cambridge/ Brantford/ Mississauga. Please visit our web site for the local phone number in your area.
Looking for Chimney Sweeps pros in Hamilton?