Weathermakers Ltd

Joshua from Beaumont
Joshua from Beaumont
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Laundry Room Repair

Had a knowledgeable plumber come to house to quote several jobs and really enjoyed Brad and his ability to communicate clearly the work that would be involved. Based on his quote and explanations, we decided to move forward with him on solving our laundry room drain. It was a big job to remove the old copper drain pipe, install a new p-trap and laundry sink as well as fix up our kitchen sink issues. This was the second time I have used Weathermakers for a big job and at the end of this one, I am left a little unsatisfied with some of the experience - Brad tried a new method of removing old concrete by cutting the cement with a skill saw and the dust that filled my home was more than he anticipated - a seasoned contractor would have shut down the furnace, sealed up the laundry room so the dust didn't settle all over our storage room and blow throughout the house. I chatted with Brad at the end and mentioned I was happy overall with the work, with him and the job he did, but I was interested in what kind of compensation his company would take off the $4200 bill for my 7 hours of cleaning.
Update - Oct 18/2018 company called and booked a free furnace cleaning to take care of dust problem - happy with the service and the follow up on my initial complaint. Will use them again for plumbing repairs:)

Sorry for leaving your home covered in dust and for the late reply to your concerns. As agreed, we have cleaned your heating duct system at our cost. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to discuss and resolve this issue. Ian Duke

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

WeatherMakers furnace

We called weathermakers to get an estimate on a new furnace ours was 25+ years old.
The person who came out explained everything measured rooms etc.
Then sat down with us to show us which furnaces would be suitable for our house.
He showed us 3 levels of couple of brands explaining each one about the differences pricing etc.
We chose the mid range furnace as there was not alot of differences making it a worse but than the top level one.
The furnace was installed in sept 2016. They were very professional answered all our questions and being sure we understood how the furnace ran. It is a very quiet running furnace( 1 reason for picking it)
We have been very satisfied with the furnace Never have to run the fireplace to help keep house warm. Temperature stays very level no ups and downs. I would recommend this company with absolutely no reservations in their ability and knowledge.

Paul from Edmonton
Paul from Edmonton

Furnace problems

At 3 a.m. on a Saturday, our furnace started making some pretty bad sounds. I called Weathermakers, who serviced our furnace last year. Within 10 minutes, I got a call from a service tech named Brad. (Keep in mind this is in the middle of the night on the weekend.) He listened to my description of the problem, gave me some advice to shut the furnace off, and made arrangements for the following day.

Brad arrived by noon the next day, and quickly diagnosed the problem (the inducer motor was at fault). He was calm, polite, and answered all of our questions and provided us with options and advice on what steps to take. Never once did he pressure us to go in one direction or another. By Monday afternoon, the part was installed and the furnace working fine.

I'd recommend Weathermakers to anyone. They also have a consumer loyalty program. For $12 a month, you get 20 per cent off parts, a reduced service call fee and a free furnace inspection and service, which itself is about $150 (and I know because we paid that amount last fall). I'm normally skeptical about these programs, but it was tremendous value - and Brad put no pressure on us to sign up.

Panopscott
Panopscott
6 reviews Edmonton, AB

Furnace inspection

Hired Weathermakers to do a furnace inspection after noticing a smell coming from our furnace. They suggested a furnace cleaning and said everything else was fine. When we had the furnace cleaned it was brought to our attention that there was a problem with a drain hose that was missed by weathermakes. I was disappointed that they missed this and the furnace cleaner noticed it instead. I feel as though they should have noticed this as they were hired to inspect the whole furnace. Other than that, the service was fine. they arrived on time. scheduling was quick. They did phone to follow up and we made them aware of what was missed by their tech, but nothing came of it, nor did I ask for anything, but I expected a follow up after the complaint that was never received.

Good morning!

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate getting feedback from our clients. This helps us improve our service and client satisfaction.

As a result of your review, I have met with our team members to revisit how we handle our client's queries, and stressed the importance of complete follow up on our part. Also you are correct, we should have caught the drain hose issue. As part of our upcoming regular weekly technician training, we will be reviewing the steps involved in inspections and troubleshooting. Having said that, I was glad to hear that the company we recommend for duct cleaning caught it and brought it to your attention.

I was happy to read of your overall satisfaction with the service, the technician's arrival to your home on time and the follow up call.

If you would like to discuss any part of your experience with Weathermakers further, please feel free to call me at 780-COMFORT, that's 780-266-3678.

Anna Duke
Owner

jake from Edmonton
jake from Edmonton

Furnace Repair

Last week the main motor on my furnace died on a Saturday in -23 degree weather. I had called another company to come out and look at it. After a brief conversation with the other company I realized I didn't want them working on my furnace...ever. So I called Weathermakers. They had a tech call me back within an hour, we went over the problem. He offered to come out but explained it would be costly (as Sunday is overtime) and there was a good chance he couldn't get the part till Monday anyway. He suggested if I could limp by they would send someone out Monday morning. They called at 9 Monday and had someone out by 11:00. The tech explained everything and the costs and was able to replace the motor by 12:30. The cost was about $100 more than I was expecting but they did save me money by not wasting a call on Sunday and did a good job overall.

Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear that you have had a positive experience with Weathermakers and our staff. We look forward to serving you in the future ... welcome!

Cat from Edmonton
Cat from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Furnace

I chose this company because of its high rating with the BBB and the fact that it has been around for 50+ years. We had a bit of a rough start, but they made up for it. The correct furnace was installed by Dave and Corey and they were great! The job was done very neatly and there was no mess, no fuss. I would definitely recommend this company.

Review has 1 previous version
connie collins from Sherwood Park
connie collins from Sherwood Park
2 reviews Sherwood Park, AB

furnace repair

Phenomenal service! These people know there stuff.
They have an excellent customer savings program. For $11 a month per furnace you get $60 service calls regardless if it is an emergency or not! It also offers a 20% discount on all parts and service charges...and the icing on the cake is once a year you get a free tune-up and inspection ( a $249 value).
I wish I had found these people 12 years ago!

Sam Hague  from Edmonton
Sam Hague from Edmonton

Furnace repair

Technician came out on a Saturday was very professional. Discussed problem even explained how furnace worked. Fixed issue and I was glad to sign up for their comfort club giving me a free service every year and reductions on repairs.

steven in Edmonton
steven in Edmonton
4 reviews Edmonton, AB

Furnance not working

My furnace wasn't working in the middle of the winter. It wouldn't come on consistently. They sent a guy over to look at my furnace. They did a diagnosis and found the problem quickly and had the furnace running again in no time.

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Edmonton?