Rapid Service Parts & Delivery Ltd

Reviews for Rapid Service Parts & Delivery Ltd

Kaspar in London
Kaspar in London

Northland Fridge Repair

I called Dawn after my Northland Fridge stopped working. Kumar came later that week and changed out the compressor. My fridge works as well as the day I bought it now. Very pleased with the ease of setting up the call and the speed at which they got the required parts. I'll be calling them next time something breaks down.

Sarah Withrow in North York
Sarah Withrow in North York

Go to repair company!

I've been using Rapid Service for years. I have a number of appliances in my home that they know very well. The first few times they came out the appliances we're under warranty but I liked them so much that I've called them many times since. They always talk me through the problem first when I call so they have the right parts when they arrive which saves a lot of time and money. Other service companies that I've dealt with previously have come out for a diagnostic and then had to come back with the parts charging me for two appointments! They have a time frame window for appointments like most service companies but I ask for a call when the tech is half an hour away and they always make sure they do. Howard is very nice and knows what he's doing.
I've just read the reviews before mine and all I can say is that they have never been rude, I've never had a problem with them breaking anything over the ten years that they've been fixing my appliances, and you can't expect a tech to take of his shoes because its unsafe for them to work without steel toed boots.
This is a wonderful company and I will continue to use them when ever I have a problem with my appliances.

Thank you very much for your review. I will pass on your comment to Howard.

K F in Richmond Hill
K F in Richmond Hill

RAPID SERVICE PARTS & DELIVERY

I read the reviews before I used Rapid Service. Tam did spend time on the phone before we hired them, Dawn was pleasant. But when things didn’t go well, they became unresponsive even to the appliance line (high end) they are certified /approved to service, Fischer&Paykell.

Didn’t run a full diagnostic on 1st service call.

The fridge was leaking. Tried a fix, replaced a circuit board that with labour cost us more than 525$. He had taken the right door panel off to do so.

Didn’t work, fridge still leaks, thaws etc.. . AND the right panel door didn’t work properly after they took it off /on again for the 1st service.

Called back. Tech had the nerve to imply we broke it after he was there. ? seriously? Dawn, while said she wasn’t there to say either way (no kidding Dawn), sent him back. And then charged parts AND labour to fix what was working before he showed up in the first place.

We wanted to pay for the part but not labour. Mainly because no one could prove to us that he didn’t break it while taking it off and putting it on the 1st time.

Fridge STILL leaks- this has been going on for more than 45 days. They have ignored us. Got head office F&P involved. No return call to them either.

Last week Dawn said they will send tech ONLY if we agree to a $150.00 charge on my VISA prior to showing up (1.5 hrs labour) “Otherwise, we are free to go somewhere else". Same tech too! These guys are incredibly unprofessional. Not least a total waste of your valuable time.

Beware when you let them into your home. Also, while they boast about there 25 plus year service in the business, I would remind anyone else who falls for that, there was NO social media or reviews such as Homestars to verify they had good customer service.

We hired them. From there, not once did owners or Dawns “boss” Tam return a call request after original. He was either: “very busy”, "out for the afternoon”, “just stepped out”, “away” etc etc.. Dawn said she would get back to us; “later today”, "tomorrow"…NEVER did. At least she’d answer the phone. And every time, seemed as though she didn’t know who we were. An excess of 6 follow up discussions with Rapid.

My husband had to call. F&P had to call (From NewZealand!!). Regional Service Manager, Tim too couldn’t get a response.

Okay folks, here’s the BEST part of this nightmare. My husband asked her to send an email outlining RAPID Service condition as proposed by Dawn. Dawn said “sure”. Three days later... I sent Dawn an email again asking her to send the proposed terms to me in writing so that we are all clear on the new ‘service’ terms, to verify their technicians labour warranty & to schedule the service to finally fix the leaking fridge (they were first paid to fix…and failed). No surprise. NO RESPONSE. Nothing from the owner directly.

They opted to replace the MOST expensive part on the appliance... and perhaps go from there? We will never know. Didn’t run a full diagnostic.

RAPID SERVICE treated their customer with contempt because we stood to reason that charging us for what wasn’t broken until they showed up was unacceptable? Get real. B-WARE folks.

Sarah in Toronto
Sarah in Toronto

Poor service, little effort

I received exceptionally poor service from Rapid Service. The technician missed his “window” of time which meant I stayed home for 3 hours for nothing. We rescheduled for later that evening and the technician finally arrived at 7:30pm, 30 minutes after the designated time. He did not remove his shoes upon entering my home and declared the appliance to be unfixable in less than 30 seconds. There was then some discussion of possibly getting parts but I think very little effort was made. When I called the US headquarters of the manufacturer I was told that they could ship parts to Canada without issue. So a 5-minute service call, a $100 bill, and that was that. I will not be using Rapid Service again.

Unfortunately, somedays in the GTA it is very difficult to make the arrival times. Sometimes, the service calls before you take more time than first anticipated. I apologise that we did not inform you in a timely manner of the delay.
I looked at your issue. Though I doubt it took 30 seconds, your problem would be a fairly quick issue to diagnose by an experienced technician.
The manufacturer of your machine went into receivership in 2012. Getting technical support and parts have been a challenge ever since then.
Our office did spend a lot of time over several days on the phone trying to get you your parts with little success. After several escalations, we were told by the national parts manager that the main part that you required was no longer available. Several of the minor parts were but they were useless without the first.
It's a new reality for consumers that manufacturers are not keeping critical parts in stock for as long as they used to. Now the lack of this part puts you in the position of having to buy a new machine.
All the best. RSPD

Marie in Regal Heights
Marie in Regal Heights

Appliance repairs- Dryer. And Gas Oven

I have used Rapid Service Parts and Delivery twice in the last few months. The first time was to repair a clothes drier that had no heat. The 2nd time was for a gas oven that didn't heat up adequately or reliably.
Both time Dawn in the office was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable, efficient and timely in arranging a service call to meet my schedule needs.
Both times Howard arrived timely with telephone updates before. Howard was really pleasant, knowledgable, efficient, and gave some very helpful info. that was much appreciated in both cases.
Really a pleasure to deal with. I shall continue to rely on and use them in the future.

chelle from Mississauga
chelle from Mississauga

Water Filter Replacment

Bought a water filter replacement through Rapid Service for our new Fisher Paykel fridge and was charged $94.90 + GST . I found the same filter for $55.00 plus HST elsewhere Canadian funds as well. I contacted Rapid and spoke with Dawn who advised there is no return or price match on filters even if my package was unopened and sealed, which it was.

I definitely won't be purchasing parts from this company and will forward my complaint to Fisher Paykel as the price mark up is ridiculously high compared to other retailers.

We have provided you with the correct part number. You are just reading the wrong part # off the box. In the first photo you sent us the part number is visible on the side right under the words “Filtration Cartridge”. The part number you have identified is for the packaging.

The price of the part has gone up considerably over the past year due to US exchange. Since we sell many of these every month, our stock is replenished often and reflect the value of the weakening CDN $. So you might find a competitor with a lower price just from the fact that they have older stock. I do not believe you will find the Fisher & Paykel part for $55 as you have stated in your Google, Facebook and Home Stars reviews as this is below our cost.

Our exchange policy for unopened boxes of non-electrical parts is 30 days with a 25% restocking charge. I understand that you were told differently the other day. That was our error as there was confusion with our “Special Order” parts policy where a consumer would be notified of at the time of order. (This would include specialized cosmetic parts or electronics).

If you want to return the part, our hours are Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30. Please email me ahead of time and I will have the paperwork ready.

Penny A from Toronto
Penny A from Toronto

Fridge and stove servicing

Howard is such a knowledgeable man. He is able to fix anything with ease. He is very professional and kind. I would definitely recommend him to all of my friends. :)

Thank you for the wonderful review. I will pass on your note to Howard.

Thank you for your business.

Karen

Steve from Newmarket
Steve from Newmarket

Washer Dryer Combo Repair

I was having a few intermittent issues with my washer dryer combo. I called and spoke to their service tech (Tam). Unlike other experiences I have had where the tech simply says bring it in and I'll have a look, Tam spent a great deal of time with me on the phone helping me with possible causes and solutions. We both decided that I should bring the unit in. They were very conscious about when I needed the unit back because they wanted to reproduce the issue. Other places would probably run 2 cycles and say it's fine. Rapid Service ran my unit until they were confident they addressed the issue. Their technical staff are clearly very knowledgeable and willing to discuss options with you before racing to have you drop a bunch of $$ on something that may be fixable another way. I am very satisfied with Rapid Service and will call them again for sure if needed.

lori b from Toronto
lori b from Toronto

appliance repairs

I don't want to go overboard with a recommendation, (I have never felt the need to write one for anyone) but truly the best service company. I have used Rapid Services Parts for over 10 years and they have always been at the top of their game in all departments. In my previous house they repaired European brands of washer/dryer, dishwasher, and oven, that were not readily available here. They had parts quickly, service was fast, super friendly, courteous and fairly priced. I have a new rental property that required appliance repairs and tried the service with the company where the appliances were purchased, only to shake my head and return to Rapid Service. Oddly enough I just found out from a friend that they would highly recommend their service company - who, you guessed it - is Rapid Service Parts! I really trust them and count on them. It's nice when there is continuity - Dawn and Howard have been at the company since I started using them and they are still there. You guys are the best! Thanks!

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. I will pass this on to Dawn and Howard.

Deborah, Kingsway
Deborah, Kingsway
6 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Oven Repair

Issue: gas oven wouldn't light - Their Technician (Goutham) came the NEXT day, a few places I called wanted me to wait one week! Service was punctual, polite and super helpful! He fixed the problem and even offered some advice on a few issues I had with other appliances. Unheard of and really appreciated, will use again.

More about Rapid Service Parts & Delivery Ltd

We have been servicing major appliances in the GTA for over 25 years. We service AGA, Bluestar, SMEG, DCS, Fisher & Paykel, Heartland, Garland, Lacornue, Capital, Lynx Grills, Bosch, FAGOR, ASKO, ARDA, U-line, FiveStar, Twin Eagles, Eurotech, Marvel, Ariston, Bendix, Equator, Northland, Lacanche, Hirundo, Haier, Creda, Daewoo, EuroCave, Wolf, NXR ...
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Mississauga?