Instant Plumbing & Heating

Reviews for Instant Plumbing & Heating

Lilac G.
Lilac G.

Fixing a bathroom sink

I had a pop-up in a bathroom sink that wasn't working well and was preventing the water to drain properly.
I knew it was't a major problem, or a big job but when tried to fix it myself, just made it worse.
So I called Instant Plumbing. They told me upfront their fee for an hour work and came promptly on time as scheduled.
Anthony, the plumber, fixed the problem in a few minutes while taking the time to show me every step of the way how to fix it myself if it happens again.
Then, to my surprise, he said that since I already paid for the hour, and it only took him 10 minutes to finish the job, he might as well check the rest of my sinks ( ending up fixing 2 more pop ups...), checking my water tanks and giving me some great tips and advice on how to keep my water pipes running smoothly and prevent problems.
I was very impressed by the fact that he genuinely wanted to make the most of the time there.

Water heater repair

I had Instant Plumbing out to my home to repair a hot water tank that was leaking. The plumbers were very polite and friendly, explained all the work and the costs, and did a great job.

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback. Enjoy the many years of service from your new waterheater and remember if you have any concerns about this or other projects give me a call.
George

Furnace replacement

After our 15yr old furnace had been repaired multiple times, we decided it was time to replace the entire furnace after it died for the third time in a year. It was a deep freeze in December and we were desperate - but I wish I had been able to get quotes from other companies. Instant Plumbing was very expensive, and in speaking with friends and family that have replaced their furnace in recent years, we paid significantly more.

I'm sure that your installation and set-up of the furnace was done well hopefully pricing was comparing all aspects of the job. We will be here to honor warranty and continue our high level of service of your new unit as well.
George

Simon in Winnipeg
Simon in Winnipeg

Shower valve replacement and toilet bowl fix

Overpriced service.
They sell $65 valve for over $200. The same valve, from the same store.
They replace the toilet wax ring to face no out that my bowl has a crack. Why the hell they changed the ring? Bad expertise.
Communication with dispatcher was awful. Sent them couple emails - no answer back.
I strongly not recommend this company!

Simon, it was great to speak with you the other day, and thanks for bringing this to my attention.

The original call was for a leaking shower valve, and a toilet leaking at the floor. The house heat had failed and the lines were frozen.

Our approach to the toilet was to try the easy fix first (that is, to lift and reseal it) rather than assuming it had frozen and cracked, which is in fact what had happened. We would usually write off the seal and time to try this approach if a new toilet were purchased.

With regard to the shower valve, the cartridge had broken off in the back of the valve due to age (and, maybe in no small part, the frozen lines). Instead of just replacing the valve, Jason made the effort to remove the broken cartridge and salvage the valve rough-in which is inside the wall. Doing so avoided the further cost that would have been incurred by damage to the tile and surrounding wall.

We’ll certainly do our best to communicate more clearly to avoid this confusion in the future.

Furnace Repair

Undisclosed fees. Furnace was down. Technician called me and mentioned circuit board needed to be replaced; he stated the expected cost and I said ok. Ended up adding inducer motor and additional labor for the motor. Tech did not run this by me? This increased cost by $1000. Afterwards Tech told me circuit board fried motor?? Poor guy was fishing so hard for reasons to justify why he replaced the circuit board for $1500 when all that was needed was an inducer motor. I cannot recommend these guys.

This was a complex service call, and I’d like to take care not to oversimplify it.

When Jeff arrived on the weekend, he first tested the inducer motor only to find that it was not getting power. The motor’s power comes from the circuit board after the call for heat. Jeff replaced the board, at which point the inducer motor began to run. However, it failed to run at the speed required to close the next circuit that tells the hot surface ignitor to start. Each problem was not detectable until the prior stage was fixed. In such a situation, we don’t like just changing out everything; sometimes the existing parts are OK. This approach saves money whenever possible.

Additionally, the furnace was in a poor state of maintenance, not having been properly cleaned or serviced for a very long time. This aggravated the diagnosis of the unit.

Jeff should have informed you of the need for the inducer motor and clearly explained why it failed. If you like, please call me (George) to discuss a remedy for you. We appreciate your business.

Jack from Calgary
Jack from Calgary

Boiler replacement

Our boiler stopped working on the Thanksgiving long weekend (ugh). This was our first time calling Instant Plumbing. I can't say enough good things about this company. The level of service far exceeded my expectations and the quality of work is the best I have ever seen! Jason was extremely knowledgeable and professional. They stayed late every day to make sure the job was done on time. The final price was exactly as promised. Yes, it was a costly repair but we have a fair-sized home and the quality of supplies they used was top notch. Once you do the math, you realize that the price is actually very reasonable. I wish more companies treated their customers as well as Instant Plumbing does.

Patrick in Calgary
Patrick in Calgary

Water main repair and Garage Furnace.

Instant Plumbing did two jobs for my wife and I in the past month. One was major work of digging up and installing a water line and sewer in the back yard of one of our rented properties in Calgary. This work was time sensitive as our renters were without water. We had several plumbers do quotes. From the beginning I was impressed as Grant one of Instant Plumbing’s plumbers was very clear about our needs and solutions to our problem; communicated to my wife and I in clear terms; was well connected with an appropriate excavator; came in at a good price; was timely. Any surprises were handled without extra cost to us.
I let Grant do a quote on my garage furnace install in Cochrane. Again I found Instant Plumbing to be very well informed and both efficient and effective in their work. It took them a little longer then they expected, but again they stuck with their quote. Great little furnace. I manage 30 homes in Alberta and I will be using them again.

Daryl from Calgary
Daryl from Calgary

Boiler & Indirect Hot Water System Install

Jason and David just completed an install of a new boiler and indirect hot water system. The quality of work and service went above what I was expecting. I would highly recommend Instant Plumbing. I will be using their services in the future for any heating, plumbing or A/C services that I require.

Cindy Lou Spencer from Calgary
Cindy Lou Spencer from Calgary

Drain work

I have had multiple dealings with the folks from Instant Plumbing and always find them quick, efficient, helpful and reliable. They are always the plumbers I would recommend them to anyone.

Rick from Calgary
Rick from Calgary
6 reviews ,

Plumbing, hot water tank

Our relatively new, still on warranty hot water tank broke down. The original company that installed it was no longer in business. Called around and Instant Plumbing was willing to honour the manufacturer's warranty! I was so pleased with the replacement of it with a new one and there work, I asked them to quote on another job of a outside broken water line that eventually needed to be repaired. They emailed a quote to me ($380 parts and labour) which I thought was reasonable for the job and a couple of months later called them and asked that they come to do the job as quoted. They were available quite soon to do the job, and did it within there quote! Gary did both jobs , with different helpers. Very pleased with them ...on time, nice workmanship, I am an Engineer, and meeting the quote as stated before doing the job was most important to me.

More about Instant Plumbing & Heating

We offer full residential plumbing services in all areas of Calgary. This includes repairs and replacements for toilets, drains, faucets, showers, water treatment systems, gas fittings, and heating and cooling systems (such as furnaces, boilers and air conditioning). We also have plumbers on duty 24/ 7 for emergency services.
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Calgary?