Instant Plumbing Ltd

Reviews for Instant Plumbing Ltd

L. A.
L. A.

Always happy with Instant Plumbing

This is at least the third time I've called Instant Plumbing to help me with various tasks around my house over the years. I recently sold my home and the buyer wanted a number of small issues addressed before possession. Anthony came out, was friendly, informative and explained the work he was going to do. He even showed me where the buyer had misdiagnosed a problem which saved me a great deal of money. Every time I have called Instant, they have sent out a careful, respectful and friendly staff member - Anthony was no exception and an absolute pleasure to work with. He was very neat and respectful of my belongings and my time.

Rosemary in Quesnel
Rosemary in Quesnel

Furnace and hot water tank

The first time I met George the owner, I was very impressed with his attention to my problem. The City had busted my inside sewer drain cap and George found a replacement which he personally installed.
My second experience was with Garry who answered the phone when I had an issue with my furnace. The following day he came by and fixed the problem, a new transformer was needed.
A couple of weeks later I made an appointment to have my hot water tank of over 38 years replaced. Garry and Austin did the job. They were very professional and answered all my questions.
I also had a digital thermostat installed.
I have also talked to Becky, the office administrator a couple of times and she is very friendly and responds quickly to emails. Copy of invoices are emailed in a very timely manner.
Overall I am very impressed with Instant Plumbing and all the staff members I have had the pleasure to interact with.
Rosemary

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Leaky tap

Had these guys come to fix a leaky tap in my tub. Charged 350 dollars for this. . and a week later had to call them back because water was now leaking from the bathtub faucet(really bad). Plumber came back and said he figured he would have to come back to fix because he didn't have the proper part the first time. . . Another 109 dollars was added to the invoice?! Guess what. . . 3 weeks later and the faucet is steady dripping again!? I am very unhappy with the work that was done, especially at the prices charge. You will get gouged for the price if their parts. 0/10. Will never use these guys again

Keli in Calgary
Keli in Calgary

Incredible, fast and well priced!

I had Jason come and inspect my boiler for me last minute ( it was mandatory for the condo that I live ) he was so knowledgable on his profession and the boiler that I have. And when it came to what I had to have done he explained it to me in a way that I understood.
I would recommend this company and I’m going to use this company forever.
THANKS Jason!

Jacquie in Calgary
Jacquie in Calgary

Reverse Osmosis

We bought a reverse osmosis system for our kitchen, as I have been having joint pain. Instant Plumbing supplied and installed it nicely in our kitchen. The system works really well. The water tastes so clean, I’m drinking more water overall, and my joint pain has already improved. I also like that the tea kettle no longer scales up with hard water stains. Thanks Instant Plumbing!

Marlene in Edmonton
Marlene in Edmonton
1 review Airdrie, AB

Baxi Boiler

On February 9th I called this company to book a service for my Baxi Boiler, I was asked to call back on the 10th when Anthony would be in-front of the computer to see the schedule. I informed him on BOTH days that we were only available on Tuesdays as we live in Edmonton but our condo is in Airdrie. We were booked for the 13th @ 9 am. Then on the 12th I got a message from Anthony saying that they had moved our appointment to Wednesday the 14th. Again I made it clear we were ONLY available for Tuesdays. The new date was February 20th @ 9am. My husband left Edmonton @ 5am to ensure he was in the condo for 9, shortly before 9 the tech Jason called my husband to ask him if he could move the appointment to the last call of the day b/c he lived in Airdrie and he didn't want to make his day longer. Excuse me?????? Again we don't live in Airdrie and we could ensure we were there on time. Jason arrived closer to 10 am. He refused to run a diagnostic on my boiler he insisted it was malfunctioning. How do you know that when you haven't actually done anything? He said we would need to have a cleaning BEFORE he could even try to run a check on it and it would cost $2000.00. He suggested that we just replace the unit b/c we could pay $2000 and just find out it needs replacing anyway which would cost $10 000.00. He advised my husband they had no units in stock and would get back to him. Magically later that day he had 2 units available and suggested we jump on it. Ummmm no! On the 22nd I got a call from Becky asking for my email address so she could send me the invoice for Jason gracing us with his presence. I got the email with the bill but no quote. I responded asking for the quote which I was give $9500.00 not including taxes and no break down of labour vs material. Uhhhh WTF?! So I asked for a break down and was provided it on the 23rd. Since Tuesday I have spoken to 2 other plumbers/gas-fitters and have been informed that regardless if the boiler was indeed malfunctioning they can still preform the Combustion Performance Analysis. It's like the computer the hook up to your car to tell you whats wrong. So again not sure how Jason could say that my boiler needs replacing when he didn't try to do anything. It's like a doctor saying ah you need a kidney transplant 'cause I got a feeling. I would suggest you don't use this company and if you do ensure you get a 2nd opinion or 3rd like I did.

dokhandem
dokhandem

Cracked Vent Line Repair

I'm not happy and I will never use this company again. They came to my place to fix a cracked vent line that needed to be replaced. They installed about 20 feet of 3"*12 Ft ABS with ABS SANI TEE, ABS Elbow, Coupling. I don't discuss the Labor which is fair to me and the tech (Anthony) was very professional and did a good job, Thanks to him.
The problem I have with that company is what they charge for parts (more than 4 times than what they should have cost). The initial invoice had $883.73 for parts; for 20 Ft of ABS they charged $515.20 which is 25.76 / foot, that is insane!
After my first call to complain, they decided to reduce the price by $200. I called again this morning, they stated they can reduce by another $100 and cannot go any lower. But do you realize they charge 55$ for an 8X8 access panel which costs $12 at HD or Rona, 1-1/2 coupling $36.74 (3.90 at HD or Rona), etc....
You guys are just too greedy

Patrick in Calgary
Patrick in Calgary

Fridge water line install

I called this company to run a water line for my fridge. The plumber did O.K work but another on call plumber had to come back twice to re-tighten as there were leaks. It was a two hour job but I was only charged for one hour, however I was originally charged close to $400 in parts. When I complained they took off one part that I shouldn’t have been charged in the first place. The markup on their parts was over 3x in some cases, don’t think I will be using them again. Very nice people but can't help feeling like I was getting fleeced.

Swetha in Calgary
Swetha in Calgary

Excellent Company! Honest and Excellent Service

We had a leaky faucet in the kitchen which had ruined the basement ceiling. We called Instant Plumbing immediately as we had been very happy with their service when we had changed the garburator earlier this year. The phone was answered by Jeff and he said that unfortunately he had an opening the following day only after 5PM which meant overtime. We went ahead and booked the appointment as I didn’t want any other company. The following day to our surprise, he called to say he could come earlier in the afternoon. Jeff came with Gary . They were very friendly, professional, knowledgeable and efficient. We highly recommend Instant Plumbing –The best company ever!

Lilac G.
Lilac G.

Fixing a bathroom sink

I had a pop-up in a bathroom sink that wasn't working well and was preventing the water to drain properly.
I knew it was't a major problem, or a big job but when tried to fix it myself, just made it worse.
So I called Instant Plumbing. They told me upfront their fee for an hour work and came promptly on time as scheduled.
Anthony, the plumber, fixed the problem in a few minutes while taking the time to show me every step of the way how to fix it myself if it happens again.
Then, to my surprise, he said that since I already paid for the hour, and it only took him 10 minutes to finish the job, he might as well check the rest of my sinks ( ending up fixing 2 more pop ups...), checking my water tanks and giving me some great tips and advice on how to keep my water pipes running smoothly and prevent problems.
I was very impressed by the fact that he genuinely wanted to make the most of the time there.

More about Instant Plumbing Ltd

We offer full residential plumbing services in all areas of Calgary. This includes repairs and replacements for toilets, drains, faucets, showers, water treatment systems, gas fittings, and heating and cooling systems (such as furnaces, boilers and air conditioning). We also have plumbers on duty 24/ 7 for emergency services.
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Calgary?