Instant Plumbing & Heating

Reviews for Instant Plumbing & Heating

robinsonmichelle
robinsonmichelle

Great service!

Ben and Elija came by today to provide a quote for replacing our toilets and some outdoor taps. They were both extremely professional and great to deal with. We had the quote in our hands before they left and the cost was very reasonable for what we are looking for. We have used instant plumbing before and continue to be impressed by their level of service and professionalism. Thanks!!

Installation of new toilet

Thank you very much for the work done replacing the toilet, hot water tank work and humidifyer pad.
The job was done in a prompt manner by Greg and his helper Lorne. They were both very professional and answered a lot of questions while providing good advice along the way. Since I first had the pleasure to deal with George in 2017, I was very impressed with his professionalism and assistance in an emergency situation. I will continue to deal with Instant Plumbing and their first-class technicians!

Mo R.
Mo R.

Basement bathroom rough in

Instant Plumbing & Heating provided us with a basement shower, toilet and sink rough in as well as repaired our leaking jetted tub in our master ensuite. They did all of this during the pandemic and were all very conscious of wearing a mask which we really appreciated. I couldn't be happier with the work and highly recommend them.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Leaking hot water tank

Woke up too a leaking hot water tank. I phoned a few other companies and they could not come out for weeks. When I phoned Instant Plumbing they were able to come out within 4 hours. They replaced our hot water tank. Four months later there was a issue with the pressure in the hot water tank, when you turned on the taps upstairs water exploded out of the tap. I phoned Instant Plumbing to discuss the issue, they came out immediately and replaced the hot water tank. I was not charged for the replacement tank.

Jake
Jake

Leak in drain stack

Had an appointment for another company and they canceled the day before. The plumber said it would be another week or to try Instant Plumbing. They were able to have someone out the next day. Jeff did a great job, cleaned up and explained his work before and after. Labour cost was reasonable. Did have an issue with parts cost but I contacted them and we worked it out to my satisfaction. Would use again.

Deb in Calgary
Deb in Calgary

Excellent Prompt Service.

We called Instant Plumbing concerned that our hot water tank was going to quit on us sooner than later.

Having not dealt with them before, it was a delight that Jason and Meaghan arranged to show up an hour later with a new tank. They spent nearly 3 hours fitting in the tank and made improvements to the pipe fittings.

They were both polite and took the time to explain and answer our questions. They both went above and beyond and know we can rest easy having this new tank in place.

Thanks very much Jason and Meaghan.

E&GC
E&GC

Replace toilet, replace kitchen faucet, general plumbing problems

My sister recommended this company, with a special request for Jeff O. We called them, Becky is very amiable on reception. We were lucky to get Jeff. He is very friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, reliable, clean. He was able to answer all questions that we had. We had called him for an old toilet problem and a dysfunctional kitchen faucet. Both items had to be replaced. He had a catalogue with him and with his expertise and ideas we were able to choose the replacement fixtures. He called his shop and he replaced both items that day. While he worked, we asked numerous questions. He takes the time to explain. Their work and products are guaranteed. We needed a service call, and he was able to come that very day, with a smile, ready to work. We found the prices competitive. We definitely recommend Instant Plumbing, and ask for Jeff. Great plumber and down-home guy. Money well spent.

Jawad
Jawad

ceiling leak in the basement

UPDATE - After being really happy with the firm for not charging to review the issue (I have used them multiple times in the past), I was billed for $156 for an "hour's" worth of "work". In reality, Dave was over for 30 min and he did an inspection and identified there was no leak from the bathroom and I should check out the roof. I feel this was incorrectly portrayed to me when I first made the call when the dispatch mentioned they charge only if they do the work and not for coming out and seeing the issue. On questioning the price I was forwarded to George (owner) who decided to give me a discount and charge only $99 for the inspection to which I agreed. However when I received the invoice, they added $12 for shop fees even though no work was completed. For $12, this company has lost my future business as they have incorrectly portrayed a service and charged more than other plumbing firms had quoted me to come out and look at the issue ($80 vs $116). I believe this is a reflection of the company and not against Dave himself, as he is a very competent plumber (he's been to my house multiple times in the past).
----------------------------

Over the weekend we found our ceiling was leaking a little water and I called up a few different companies to see if they could come and check it out. Instant Plumbing was one that did not quote me any "dispatch fee" and clearly stated they will come and review the problem and if it's something they can fix they would charge a $159/hour (almost all other companies wanted $70 dispatch fee to even come and take a look at the problem + any additional costs on top of that).

Dave drove out same day and checked the problem and was very meticulous and careful to not cut hole in the ceiling any larger than needed to be; little things like that go a long way in my opinion. He figured it was nothing to do with indoor piping and was probably coming from the roof and advised me to seek a roofing expert. He spent about an hour at my house and checked other rooms as well and showed me where the problem could be in the roof.

I know this review is long but I wanted to pass on my appreciation to Instant Plumbing and especially Dave for being a professional and keeping the customer on the top of his mind.

I would definitely recommend Instant Plumbing (and especially Dave) - FYI, I have also called them three times in the past with also excellent results (I believe Jeff has previously come to my house along with Dave as well).

L. A.
L. A.

Always happy with Instant Plumbing

This is at least the third time I've called Instant Plumbing to help me with various tasks around my house over the years. I recently sold my home and the buyer wanted a number of small issues addressed before possession. Anthony came out, was friendly, informative and explained the work he was going to do. He even showed me where the buyer had misdiagnosed a problem which saved me a great deal of money. Every time I have called Instant, they have sent out a careful, respectful and friendly staff member - Anthony was no exception and an absolute pleasure to work with. He was very neat and respectful of my belongings and my time.

Rosemary in Quesnel

Furnace and hot water tank

The first time I met George the owner, I was very impressed with his attention to my problem. The City had busted my inside sewer drain cap and George found a replacement which he personally installed.
My second experience was with Garry who answered the phone when I had an issue with my furnace. The following day he came by and fixed the problem, a new transformer was needed.
A couple of weeks later I made an appointment to have my hot water tank of over 38 years replaced. Garry and Austin did the job. They were very professional and answered all my questions.
I also had a digital thermostat installed.
I have also talked to Becky, the office administrator a couple of times and she is very friendly and responds quickly to emails. Copy of invoices are emailed in a very timely manner.
Overall I am very impressed with Instant Plumbing and all the staff members I have had the pleasure to interact with.
Rosemary

More about Instant Plumbing & Heating

We offer full residential plumbing services in all areas of Calgary. This includes repairs and replacements for toilets, drains, faucets, showers, water treatment systems, gas fittings, and heating and cooling systems (such as furnaces, boilers and air conditioning). We also have plumbers on duty 24/ 7 for emergency services.
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Calgary?