Novel Care Inc.

Formerly Air Tech
155 West Beaver Creek Rd Unite 6 Richmond Hill ON L4B 1B4

Reviews for Novel Care Inc.

Lyndsay in Toronto
Lyndsay in Toronto

New installation

All done as promised!
Installers showed up on time and finished the same day by 6.30 pm, cleaned after themselves.

Sarah Snowbell - Thornhill Woods
Sarah Snowbell - Thornhill Woods

"KNOCK KNOCK" JOKE ???

I bought my furnace three years ago - with a 10 year guarantee - if I have it maintained annually by this company. My last maintenance call was less than a month ago. Ever since, when the thermostat reaches temperature and the furnace goes off, I hear a "knock-knock" sound (upstairs). When I called today, they told me the service call would be upwards of $160. Not acceptable. Note: When the furnace was installed, the technician was not equipped with a credit-card-machine. He wrote down my MC number. My ensuing credit card bill showed four purchases made that month that were not my own!!! I trust that I cannot hold the company responsible for a fraudulent tech, but it surely has left me with a feeling of distrust and disgust. I will have another company maintain my heating and air conditioner in future.

No Issue with the Company Just their Brand- Continental Furnaces

Had a Continental C96 furnace installed 2yrs ago .. 1st year during the first cold snap (of Course) Ignitor failed 2 days no heat later replaced ..All good.

Moving to Jan 16 2022 - (epic snow storm of course) lost heat again - Blower motor failed. Now here's the kicker ... No one stocks the blower motor because it's a "Continental" approx 5 days to receive part . I would still be without heat now !! .... Solution - Ripped out that Continental and replaced it with a Carrier ... Lesson learned - Don't buy an offshoot brand when it comes to HVAC because parts availability will leave you high and dry in a jam ...

I can't recommend Novel Care more highly.

I can't recommend Novel Care more highly. They are terrific. From Paul's promptness and professionalism during the initial quote to all the team members that took part in removing our old ductless heat pump to install a new Panasonic system. They only sold us what was needed and explained everything well before we hired them. They were courteous and competent. They arrived when they said they would and communicated well throughout the entire job. They are a well run organization with good people. You won't be disappointed

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Absolutely Fantastic experence

Absolutely fantastic experience. Their quote came in lower than their competitors and the quality of work is astounding. Geoff was very professional and accommodating and Nolan (installer) was very knowledgeable and professional. The pride they have in their business is clear. Aces all around.

Julie in Toronto
Julie in Toronto

Panasonic ductless heat pump & Tankless water heater

Dan did a thorough assessment of my older heat pump and provided me with some options. Once I decided on replacing the system, Brendan took measurements and also took his time answering all my questions (including follow-up questions by phone!). I feel happy with the Panasonic unit I purchased. A few days later, Nate and Spencer came to install the ductless heat pump system . They arrived on time, were very professional and worked for hours to install the new ductless. I really appreciate their great communication throughout the entire installation process and I love that they cleaned up after themselves and swept the floor! I would highly recommend them and their great team! Thank you.

Boiler and Panasonic multi zone ductless system

I would highly recommend Novel Care for any air conditioning or furnace needs. I am a repeat customer because I was impressed with the work they did previously. In this repair, Nate was professional, on-time, knowledgeable and clearly explained his diagnosis and what was required to get it up and running. He definitely has the customer's interests in mind - very fair and did a great job.

Mike in Toronto
Mike in Toronto
2 reviews , ON

Honesty & Professionalism Lacking

Great at selling you new products. Not so good when it comes to after sales service and providing you with competent service technicians.

I purchased a new Napoleon central air conditioning unit from Novel Care in July 2020. I am required to use Novel Care for annual maintenance of the unit to maintain my extended warranty with them. They completed the first annual service in April 2021 and the a/c stopped working in May 2021. They attempted to repair the unit on May 14th; they topped off the coolant and added sealant to the system (so they say). The a/c broke down again on May 28th. While I was promised by Novel Care head office that they would do a nitrogen test to identify where the coolant was leaking, this was not done. The same technician simply topped up the coolant and added more sealant. The unit broke down for the 3rd time in June. Again, even though I was promised by Novel Care head office that the technician would do a nitrogen test, the same technician arrived and said that he was going to try (for the third time) to top up the unit with coolant and add sealant. When I stated that I was promised a proper diagnosis via a nitrogen test, he said that “they don’t do that.” For which I responded, every other competent HVAC company does that! He stumbled across the location of the leak. A few days later the installation crew came to repair the leak. The unit has been running fine since then.

I did not receive either professional or competent servicing of my a/c unit. A problem that should have taken one visit to diagnosis took four visits to correct and cost me time and money. Worse yet, while they did not deliver on their promises, I have no confidence in the trustworthiness of Novel Care’s staff. I took the time to put my concerns in a letter to the President dated July 6th, 2021. Over two months has passed and I have yet to receive a response. That says a lot about the company. I now have a new HVAC service provider that has provided fantastic service. What a refreshing change!

Hello Mike,
Unfortunately, you feel that the service provided by us was unsatisfactory. As you mentioned that we did do the maintenance, and the a/c stopped working, we did come to your aid like every good service provider every time the A/c has had a manufacturing issue.
We did not once hesitate in sending our technician for the servicing. We visited you on 6th April for the maintenance, 14th May, 28th May, 29th June for the issues, and finally 30th June, after which the issue was permanently solved.
So as you yourself mentioned, we came every time to help and sort the issue. We did not leave you high and dry, nor did we refuse to provide you with the service.
You mentioned it costing time and money, we did not charge you for a single visit other than the maintenance (the 1st visit) itself, and as for time, the same amount of time has been invested by us into you, our customer. We don’t consider it a waste, but our responsibility is to come to your aid and provide you with the best. Every situation takes time to assess; we apologize that it wasn’t quick enough for your liking.
We would have appreciated it if you had given us a call regarding your dissatisfaction. Your letter to the President could have been a phone conversation, and not every time do the emails reach the inbox. We would have been glad to address this personally.

Anne from Downtown Toronto
Anne from Downtown Toronto
9 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Maintenance & Cleaning Of Mitsubishi Ductless A/C

In 2017, NovelCare installed 2 Compressors & 5 Units
of Mitsubishi Ductless A/C & on May 11/2021,
Lloyd came out to Clean & Service it.
Lloyd did an excellent Job : on time/very polite/very thorough& meticulous. He is a pleasure to deal with
& I would highly recommend Lloyd from NovelCare.
Lloyd also was very helpful with a few other concerns I had & went beyond the call of duty.
NovelCare is very fortunate to have such a great Employee. I hope I can get Lloyd again the next time my A/C needs Cleaning. Thank you NovelCare & Lloyd. Anne from Dufferin & Bloor Toronto

More about Novel Care Inc.

We repair, install and service: Air Conditioners * Heaters * Ductless Air Conditioners * Furnaces * Hot Water Tanks * Tankless Water Heater * Hydronic Heating Systems (BOILERS) 4 Hour Emergency Service, OPEN 24/ 7 - GTA'S Fastest Service!
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Toronto?