Stone River Windows + Doors Inc.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Oshawa  >  Stone River Windows + Doors Inc.
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Stone River Windows + Doors Inc.

Free & Kev in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Fairly big job (16 windows, 3 doors). From start to finish, the whole experience has been amazing. From Don's help in design, to installation by Victor and his crew, to the follow ups for the finishing touches by Dwayne, the entire process has been very rewarding. We would recommend Stone River for anyone. Way to go, guys! Free& Kev.

Michael in Severn Bridge
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

We were extremely satisfied with Stone River. We solicited several quotes to have all the windows replaced on the second story of our house, seven windows in all. While not the cheapest quote, we liked Don's knowledge and appreciated his expertise in choosing window design and colour. The crew that installed the windows were also fantastic. One window was also enlarged. I would have no trouble recommending Stone River, or using them again.

Arsenal in Mississauga

Despite of the order was small I received windows on time and very satisfied with the installation work. Moreover, after one year additinoal materials were supplied very fast and we recieved a service that we didn't even expect. I would recommend this company to everyone I know and I already did. Good job guys.

Thank you.

Scarborough Resident

I was referred to Stone River by my Garage Door contractor. I visited the Scarborough showroom where I met with Barry. Very down to earth guy who was very patient with all my questions. I was looking to replace our front and side entry doors as well as the door exiting my garage.

Barry explained all my options and even did a quick estimate with the measurements I had. After reviewing a few quotes we decided to go with Stone River based on the product and timeframe they offered. We called up Barry and made arrangements to go in to the show room to finalize our choices. Barry was quite accommodating when he made a few adjustments. On September 26th Barry and the installer came over and did their measurements. We were given a 6-8 week time frame for installation which I was happy that was met. Susan at the head office ensured that the timelines were maintained.

Installation day went well Calvin and Kyle worked diligently despite the very cold and windy day. Very friendly guys who were singing and humming while they worked. I was pleased with the installation and clean up. The doors themselves looks great and everything looks good so far.

The entire experience was great. My concerns were alleviated when I met Barry and the gang. It was an important piece of my home improvement and I wanted a quality product that would be installed properly and a company who is committed to the products they sell. Keep up the good work!

Thank you.

Darko Marinkovic from Old Toronto

We have decided to purchase Andersen windows and patio doors for our home addition and chose to use Andersen's official dealer, Stone River Widows and Doors for both purchase and the installation. We were expecting quick and easy installation by the professional installation crew but it turned out that the installation was one of those butcher jobs that kept turning from bad to worse to a total disaster now spanning more than four months, and counting.
After the initial installation I have compiled a list of deficiencies that was a full page long. Here they are, just to name a few:
1. They have dropped one of the windows, completely broke the flange off and still installed it on the second floor hoping that we are not going to notice it.
2. They scratched the surface of the patio door when they were drilling the holes for the handles
3. They installed the patio door handles in such a way that one handle was 2" higher than the other (and I'm not exaggerating, too bad I can't post a photo here).
4. They were reading the installation manual on site to figure out the steps for installing the door and still managed to incorrectly install the locking mechanism.
5. Three of the windows installed bowed in because they did not use the proper expanding foam.
6. Patio door frame was installed crooked and skewed (it was off 3/4" in-out and 1/2" left- right) resulting in door misalignment.
And that's just a few. The overall quality of the job done and the workmanship was "0" - simply nonexistent.

After complaining to the sales representative (who was actually the only person with whom I could carry a decent conversation) the plan of action was to rectify the deficiencies, replace broken window and scratched panel on patio door and fix myriad of other small things. It took six weeks for them to get the replacement parts from Andersen only to find out that they ordered the wrong panel for the patio doors and forgot to order the jamb extensions for the new window. They had to reuse the jamb extensions from the old window and that could not be done without damaging it.

So now we are waiting again for the panel to arrive. We purchased the windows in May in it's now October and we're still not done.
We were hoping that the factory might have some leverage over their authorized dealer but we were so wrong. They basically washed their hands off the whole thing and told us "that is between you and the dealer" (Melissa Little - Andersen customer service rep.)

If you are planning to buy new windows try to avoid this company or you might be taking a chance. Maybe they have been a good company at one point in time but that is certainly not the case anymore or you wouldn't be reading this.

THE JOB IS DONE RIGHT WHEN IT'S DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
Not the second. Or third...

I guess you have some jobs that have problems and the customer feels some righteous indignation... that happens in the construction business. The original contract with Mr. Marinkovic was for SUPPLY ONLY. The order was placed in May and delivered to his job site June 27th, a normal lead time. On August 3rd, he contracted with us to "set and foam" the product as I guess he didn't have the time or resources to do it himself. This is different than a "full installation" as we only affix the product to the structure and foam the space around the window. The customer is responsible for doing any interior or exterior trimming. Granted, there were deficiencies, some of Stone River's making and some indeterminate as the product had been on the customer's job site for at least six weeks, during which time we had no control over it. Suffice it to say, we responded immediately and resolved every one of the problems. At this time we are still awaiting one door panel from the factory as it was shipped incorrectly by the manufacturer. It's replacement is as simple as changing a tire on a car... no big deal. As far as the crew that did the work, they have been removed from our roster and no longer work for us. Finally, Mr. Marinkovic forgot to state that we DID NOT CHARGE him for any of the work we performed. We feel strongly that our customers deserve the best and when we mess up, we make it right. The one last thing that Mr. Marinkovic can rely on, is that Stone River has been around since 1988 and we will still be here to service his product for many years to come. As I jokingly say to our customers. we're human and do make mistakes, and even if we can't totally satisfy you, you can always find us to yell at unlike many other contractors who take your money and then disappear into the wood work.

R. Morton from North York

THANKS FOR A JOB WELL DONE
We chose Stone River to supply and install replacement, patio, French doors with blinds due to their detailed product knowledge, obvious customer service ethic and their in-house, experienced installation staff.
We are not disappointed in any respect with the final result. The Eagle doors are very attractive, well designed and carefully finished and we look forward to enjoying them for many years.
As with any such contract a few minor problems arose all of which were resolved promptly and to our satisfaction.
To conclude, without any hesitation we would recommend Stone River to anyone contemplating a door or window project.

Dee  in Oshawa
9 reviews OSHAWA, ON

Excellent quality and service! Very Punctual!
We had a screen get a hole in it after one year installation and they replaced the screen no questions asked. Lock on door jammed and was repaired right away.

Sue from Toronto

I am very happy with the quality, service and price of the four Dashwood doors I got for my home reno. The sales rep was very helpful and professional and worked with me to get beautiful doors for the front and back of my house. I shopped around and visited 6 other suppliers and Stone River offered the best quality. The doors were delivered right on time. Highly recommended.

Dee  in Oshawa
9 reviews OSHAWA, ON

We took 3 quotes for new windows and doors. Stone River was middle of the quote range. The quality of Dashwood and Anderson windows is amazing! Cranks on windows move nice and the fit an finish of the windows with our siding was terrific. We had a couple of problem windows and they responded with a service guy on site with 24 hours! That's what a call service! I would highly recommend this Window company to anyone! You get what you pay for!

Lynn from Whitby-647

had several windows replace by Stone River. There sales staff is professional and extremely helpful. The finished the job on time and with great craftsmanship. Once done they left the premises in great condition. Will surely get more windows in the future

More about Stone River Windows + Doors Inc.

Stone River Windows+Doors

Windows & Doors

What we're going to do is let you take advantage of our 25 years of experience in the Window business. We can help you turn your ideas into great results. We list, make suggestions and look for the best way of achieving your goal.

We`ll give you a detailed quotation with all the specifications for your job... in writing. Our experience assures you that we know what it takes to do something right and how much it costs... and we tell you up front.

You`ll have access to some of the oldest and best manufacturers in the industry. Andersen Windows founded in 1903; Dashwood Window founded in 1928.

Our installers and service technicians are well seasoned pros with amazing skill sets. They understand construction and know how to deal with challenges.

Your project will be guided by our experienced support team.
We have the right people to ensure products are ordered, materials procured, and schedules kept on time.

Our Services Include:
Patio & Frenchwood Doors, Vinyl, Wood, Custom & Architectural & Roof Windows.