Winford Windows Inc.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
80 Esna Park Drive Markam ON L3R2R6

Reviews for Winford Windows Inc.

ela chu from Thornhill
ela chu from Thornhill
2 reviews Thornhill, ON

install windows

It was the first time that I shop for windows. The sales man did not suggest other types of windows to improve the appearance and view from inside and outside of the house. When I shopped for windows again a year later, I learned that I should have chosen a different style of window.

Precilla
Precilla
2 reviews North York, ON

Installation of new windows

We have new windows installed for our house and we are very pleased with their quick and efficient service. The sales representative was very pleasant and knowledgeable of their products and he was able to provide us with all the information that we need in order to pick the right kind of windows for our house. Since we did the installation in winter, we got a good discount price too.

Mau in Scarborough
Mau in Scarborough
3 reviews Scarborough, ON

Install 3 exterior doors

Summary - Good product. Experience installers. Sloppy workmanship. Extra caulking everywhere. Blame the problem on the house first. Work site cleanliness at minimum. Be prepare to be there if service calls is needed. Once is enough.

We had Winford Windows quote for 3 exterior doors quote, based on a friend recommendation. The price was reasonable for a 5' patio door, a standard front entrance and a standard side door. The product is good but the workmanship quality is poor. We are not going back nor recommending it.
The install was done at the end of January 2011. This was huge a mistake, for agreeing to it, because it was very cold. The installer, assistance, was trekking through the house with his boot and did not put down any tarp to protect the floor.
After the completion of work, the installers rush to leave without waiting for inspection acceptance. The patio door was sagging in the top middle frame. The installer blamed it on the house frame being crooked. The screws for the new lock do not sit flush (off angle). Most of the phillips screw head was stripped due to the power tool use. The side door was leaking cold air and the installer said he does not feel the leak. The patio door screen was damage at arrival. The front door vinyl frame was damage.
We called the company to settle the bill and complain about the deficiencies. The saleperson promises to fix the problem.
Waited till the end of March. The answer is always yes "we will get it fix soon" but nothing happen. We called Sawdac to complain which bought immediate action from the business owner.
The missing screen is back. The sagging patio door frame no longer sag. The side door no longer leak cold air. The front door vinyl damage is now covered up. The damaged screws were replaced.
When in doubt, the installer would cover it with caulking. Caulking is laddered generously on everything, including the vinyl frame. It was a learning experience to deal with Winford which I did not enjoy. The services call also caused much inconvenience.

R in Toronto
R in Toronto

Retrofit Fibreglass window replacement

Winford Windows was recommended to me through Marvin Windows, the manufacturer of Infinity fibreglass windows, as their certified dealer/installer for a whole-house window retrofit replacement.

The company's owner, Dixon, is courteous and knowledgeable. We discussed various window layouts based on aesthetics, security, and the ability to enhance natural ventilation in my home. Once I've settled on a scheme I am happy with, Dixon was able to provide a detailed quote on the next day based on rough measurements.

After the quote was accepted, I was introduced to Chris, the foreman of Winford's installation crew. Chris carefully measured each window opening for ordering the windows, explained the installation in detail, and discussed any potential issues he foresees to minimize possible surprises on installation date.

On the date of installation, the crew arrived within the stated time frame. The crew is professional - they worked fast and carefully with great workmanship. Each window is shimmed & leveled properly; air-vapour barriers and gaps sealed with spray foam for air tightness; flashing caps are properly installed with drip edge. The crew were also able to mill custom trim pieces on site for 3 of the windows required new trims.

The crew worked from 9am to 8pm to complete the entire installation: 8 window openings/12 glazed units, within one day. They also cleaned up the site after installation, including the disposal of all old windows.

The windows have been installed for about 2 months now and I am extremely pleased with both the product and Winford's service. There have not been a single drop of condensation on these windows, and the hardware are very easy to operate. I highly recommend Winford to other homeowners interested in a window replacement project.

ckw0110 in Markham
ckw0110 in Markham

Replacement of Basement Window

We've checked a few places and I only needed 1 window replaced when the house was purchased. For some reason, they never bother to replace the basement window when it's only $200. Anyways, got it replaced through winford - Service was quite good, they measured it up, did what they needed to do and gave me a written contract/quote. On the day that they came, it took them about 10-15 minutes to install the new window, seal it up, etc. Was pleased at the service, speed and efficiency. They were a little late, but of course, with contruction, it's hard to set exact times I imagine. They had offered one of the better prices than anywhere else and the window itself is of good quality.

Wing Hang in Scarborough
Wing Hang in Scarborough
3 reviews Scarborough, ON

Window replacement

Of the salesmen of four windows companies I have contacted, Dennis Ho of Winford is the only one who is knowledgable about replacement windows. He gave me valuable advice on the type of windows suitable, and advice which I never thought about but am glad that I have heeded. He made an effort to match the colour of the aluminium capping with the existing trim of my house. He was the one who made the final measurements of the windows, unlike other companies where such task is the responsibility of the technician.

Although the installation work took half a day longer than the one day as originally planned, workmanship is certainly the best amongst my neighbouring houses. When the job was near completion, Dennis came in to see that everything is in order and took the time to show me how to operate and maintain the new windows.

pigjai
pigjai

Install windows and door

I have to advice everybody not to go for this window company!. They're customer service is extremely bad. The installation guy is very careless. They accidentally covered our door bell wire with the aluminum capping and somehow the door bell system for the whole house are not working any more. I told them the problem and they said they will remove the capping and install the new door bell for me, but they're not going to put the aluminum capping back unless we pay an extra $100!! It's their problem who carelessly covered our door bell wire and we need to pay $100 extra for them to put the capping back on???? what a non-sense!!! i called the boss and they boss said i'm wasting his time and he scored at me for 15 mins!!! he said i should pay for the extra installation... but it's not our problem at all!! they made the mistake and they just have to fix the problem for us!! Plus, why is he scoring at me when he is the one who made the mistake????

He even said that my house is too old and things will be broken soon??!! what what????

If you don't want a hard time for installing windows and doors, don't go for Winford!!!!!

D&E in North York
D&E in North York

Retrofit Windows Installation + Side Door

Do not go with Winford. The installation team came late on the first appointment by 3 hours and could not finish in one day as promised originally. During the installation, they broke one of my windows which does not need to be replaced. I have to wait more than a month to get the replacement window. When they come the second time, they postponed the installation date without informing us until one hour after the scheduled appointment. The sidedoor was supposed to be insulated, but a large gap was left.

This company is not honest and does not attempt to resolve customer complains in a polite way.

Al in York Region
Al in York Region

Whole House Window Replacement

Windows replaced over 10 years ago from Winford Windows. They were very knowledgeable and installed quality windows that have been excellent over the years -- maintenance free too! Had a great crew that removed all of the old windows without breaking any of them and installed the new ones all in one day.

Small Town Boy in Simcoe County

905-940-8933
80 Esna Park Drive
Markam
L3R2R6

Winford Windows are easy to clean (inside and outside) even on the second floor. Great service, all windows (8 & 1 oversized) were replaced under 3 hours and all old windows were removed from property. Fast & excellent service!