Pella Window & Door Stores

Reviews for Pella Window & Door Stores

Susan
Susan

Replacement of 3 windows and entrance door

I booked the replacement of 3 windows and 1 entrance door last April and the installation was done August 29th.
There is a problem with every single one of the 4 items I purchased, I attached pictures of:
- the damaged screens of 2 windows that don’t even close properly at the top
- a scratch on the overpriced door look (clearly it’s not difficult to damaged it since it came already scratched)
I can’t attach pictures of the third window because it was the wrong size so they couldn’t even install it.
I am very disappointed with the quality of the products and customer service.
I still don’t know when the right size window will be ready or if they will fix any of the damaged pieces (nobody has contacted me or replied to my emails since) and I will have to take a day off work because of Pella’s negligence.

M Hepworth in Edmonton
M Hepworth in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Pella windows definitely not worth the price premium.

We recently upgraded our windows. After much research, we decided to go with Pella, despite the fact that they were nearly double the cost of the cheapest quote. Almost all of the reviews were positive.
The sales process was fine but rather long but once we had signed the deal and paid our money the games began. We had a deadline to meet as we were having visitors from overseas and we didn’t want construction going on while our guests were with us.
Without going into a long winded summary of the day to day issues we had with trying to get a response from Pella, I will tell you that we had our installation date changed 4 times and delayed nearly a month. We called everyone we could at Pella but got nothing and no one seemed to know what was going on. No one could help.
As a result we decided to call the CEO, only to be told he doesn’t talk to customers. To me the only reason a business exists is to satisfy customers. If that's not happening then the CEO had better be involved. This to me is the height of arrogance and is where the lack of customer focus begins. This company is on the slippery slope.
We then wrote a very courteous letter to both the CEO and the Chairman. To date we have not had the courtesy of a response. This was more than a month ago, so there is no excuse.
The installation was fine and in fact the installer was exceptional but he is an independent and doesn’t work for Pella. The windows look great and come with a great warranty but I can tell you that we would never recommend Pella to anyone. They are too big, too arrogant and too impersonal and their service is no better than Rogers.
The interesting thing is that we have told a lot of people about Pella’s terrible service but almost no one about the windows. My wife tells anyone who will listen. I have read that angry customers tell 10 times as many people about their experience as do happy customers. I guess this item is proof of that.
Think very carefully before you go with this company. I believe that management has lost sight of the customer and that can never be a good thing.

Please contact Glenn Anderson @ 403 816-5187 or e-mail me @ andersong@pella419.com I am the sales manager and we have no record of a contract with M. Hepworth in Edmonton.

Very pleased  in Whitby
Very pleased in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

7 Pella Windows

Sales rep John Alexander’s experience and expertise was top notch in guiding us through our purchase of Pella Windows. Installers under project manager Martin were also exceptional.
Product is excellent. The Pella doors and windows we now own are beautiful and high quality, enhancing value of our home. Noise reduction , beauty and curb appeal.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We strive on a daily basis to deliver a top notch sales and installation experience and your comments regarding John and Martin are very much appreciated. As an industry leader we know that noise reduction, product quality and curb appeal are important to our customers and are thrilled that we hit the mark there too. Please enjoy your new Pella windows along with our thanks and appreciation.

Ashburn in Toronto
Ashburn in Toronto

Windows

Pella has a good reputation and came recommended to us from a number of people - and everything was accurate - middle of the road pricing, not the most expensive and not the cheapest, but quality product and great customer service. Thank you for a job well done.

Thank you for your comments. It was nice to hear that you had received recommendations from other Pella customers and are thrilled that your experience also was a positive one. It is also great to hear that we met your expectations with both our customer service as well as your opinion of our products. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and thank you for your business.

WP
WP

Windows and Door

Needed to replace a door as well as basement windows. John Alexander was my rep and I appreciated his approach from the start. He was very patient, taking the time to answer all of my questions, and maintained a focus on making sure that I was comfortable throughout the decision making process.

The installation went very smoothly and the door and windows look and perform great. John has continued to demonstrate an interest in making sure that my experience was (and continues to be) a positive one and, so, I would highly recommend working with him and the team at Pella.

Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled that your experience with our sales consultant was a positive one. It is also good to hear that we met your expectations with both the installation as well as your opinion of our products. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and thank you sincerely for your recommendation.

Tom in Toronto
Tom in Toronto

New and replacement windows

We were very impressed with our consultant, scheduler and installer.
Pella has excellent products and service and I have recommended them to both friends and family.

John was very responsive from the start and provided excellent advice.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your comments regarding John, your sales consultant as well as the attention paid to you by our office and installer are appreciated. We do our best to deliver the Pella experience every day and are pleased that we met your expectations. Thank you for your business!

Sliding Patio Doors

If you expect to get what you ordered, expect the work to be completed in a timely and efficient manner, if you expect your possessions not to be damaged, stay away. I was pre warned but didn't follow my friend's advice. Take mine and find another company.

We are very concerned reading your review and would like to know more. Unfortunately, your message provides no detail as to your identity so we have no idea who you are.
Please contact us so that we can understand your project and work to rectify any outstanding issues. Feel free to contact our sales manager Bryan Currie at curriebd@pella.com or our operations manager Cam Goede at goedejc@pella.com
We look forward to speaking with you!

Cheryl in Mississauga
Cheryl in Mississauga

Windows and patio door replaced

I've been replacing my windows in phases to minimize disruption to the household and spread out the cost. There are only four windows left to do next summer. I've been very happy with experience, from sales call (Devon), to installation (Ted), to the quality, appearance, and functionality of the windows. I especially love my new patio French doors, which have greatly improved the access and view to our backyard.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our sales and installation services and that you are enjoying your Pella windows and French doors. We look forward to being a part of your summer 2018 renovation plans as well.
Thank you for your kind words and your business, it is greatly appreciated!

Joe in Toronto
Joe in Toronto

1987 we were introduced to Pella by our contractor.

I would highly recommend Pella to anyone.They installed 6 windows & two 5foot sliding glass . After 30 years we have juste updated both sliding doors & had them install a new front doors because the quality has proven it's self & their workmanship is outstanding.

Hi Joe,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our goal is to always deliver the highest level of quality and workmanship that we can and we are pleased that our efforts met your expectations.
We hope that you continue to enjoy your new Pella windows and doors and we sincerely thank you for your business.

More about Pella Window & Door Stores

WHY CHOSE PELA Solutions • Pela ofers a complete line of beautiful products to enhance your home and your life, including windows, patio dors, entry dors, storm dors and skylights. No mater your style or budget, Pela has the perfect window and dor solution for you. Quality • You can ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Toronto?