Fortress Windows & Doors

Siding
Toronto ON M1S 5B2
HomeStars  >  Gutters & Eavestroughs in Richmond Hill  >  Fortress Windows & Doors

Reviews for Fortress Windows & Doors

pbraslis from Toronto
pbraslis from Toronto

Whole home windows replacement

Fantastic experience from start to finish, Steve was great to deal with and quick to respond from initial call to end of project. Was able to come and provide quote on same day of completing measurements. Very pleased with service levels. Windows were all installed in a two day period and completely changed the look of our home and will have a much needed cost savings on heating and cooling. Would recommend this company to anyone doing window or door work on their home, joy to work and deal with. Thanks !!

Thank you Paul. Our goal is complete satisfaction for our clients. To achieve goal that can be a daunting yet very rewarding experience. Creating a "seamless" trouble free process requires a high level of attentiveness to every project and we do our very best to do just that, on every job! Thank you for your business and we are thrilled that you are happy! Steve

Vince L in Pickering
Vince L in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Entire hose window replacement

I waited a year before doing this review as I wanted to see how the windows performed during all the seasons. My wife and I were hesitant to engage a contractor as we have done all our own renovation jobs in the past, however this job was too big for the two us to take on ourselves. After a couple months of online research and visits to different showrooms we finally selected 3 - 4 companies to come by to give estimates.

We found Steve to be very upfront, knowledgeable and professional. We also felt at ease with him and that the sales talk was not just a "sales pitch", and even though other companies said there was no pressure to go with them we did feel pressure, but with Steve we didn't get that feeling. One of the driving factors for me personally was Steve's commitment to follow up on communications within expected timelines; this demonstrated his personal professionalism and to me this would reflect how I expected his company would operate. The quote we received was not the lowest, but it was in a range we were comfortable with when compared to other quotes received, Steve knocked off a hundred or so as a bit of an incentive but our decision had already been made based on the advice received during the estimate and the rapport we felt with him.

Installation was started within the agreed to schedule and was conducted by a father and son team whose names I forget, but they were an easy going, friendly and extremely hard working couple of guys. We were having about 25 windows and 2 patio doors replaced so it was a relatively large job. The team encountered some challenge during demo due to how the original windows were installed which necessitated an extra day in the schedule to finish up. Overall, I found them both to take pride in their work and be attentive to detail which resulted in a quality installation. For the most part, they did a good job of cleaning up after themselves and cleaning the windows once completed, but there were a few sweat smudges left on a couple windows, but I had no real issues with it due to how late in the evening it was when the work was completed and how exhausted they were. There was only one small hiccup in the installation and that was a small basement window that had been sized incorrectly. Steve re-measured and the replacement window was ordered and installed ahead of the expected delivery timeline.

Window performance over the year has been as expected. Window mechanics function well, we have had no issues with condensation build up during the winter months as we had with our windows and the noise insulation is better than expected. At night we can hardly hear the trains that pass by about a half kilometer from us.

I would not hesitate to use Fortress again in the future and have recommended them to a colleague at work.

Hi Vince and thank you for your heartfelt review. it gives our entire team a sense of wellbeing every time our clients show their gratitude for the effort we invest into their project. I remember your job very well because it presented some unusual challenges but our team of highly skilled professionals rose to the occasion once again! As most people know, the quality of installation is as important as the quality of windows and we are proud to bring quality, integrity and value to every project we do! Steve

Nelson C in Vaughan
Nelson C in Vaughan

Basement windows, sliding door and repairs to outside of the house

We had some damage done to our house from the wind storm of May 2018 and needed repairs done. We called many places and unfortunately could not get anyone for what was a small job. We contacted Steve Mercer who helped us out and couldn't have been more pleased. We also decided to add 2 basement windows and a sliding door to the job to make it worth while as they were in need of replacing as well. We couldnt be more pleased and we are extremely grateful that he helped us out!

Hi Nelson, thank you for your kind review. Doing business in a way that is right and fair is what we are all about. Quality, Integrity and Value are the three word moto at Fortress Windows and Doors and we have proven that again at your home. it is our pleasure to serve you and we sincerely thank you for your business! Steve.

New Windows and Doors

026.JPG Fortress Windows & Doors
416-291-5795
Toronto
M1S 5B2

I had 2 doors and 3 windows installed. Steve was very helpful during the decision making process. The installers were very efficient and completed the work in one day. The property was cleaned completely. I was supposed to have 1 key for both doors and it wasn’t done but Steve fixed it the next week. The installers forgot to leave me touch up paint but Steve has promised to drop some by. All in all I’m very happy with my doors and windows.

Hi and thank you for taking a few moments with your comments. We will always follow through to make sure every detail is attended to. Success never has and never will be built on convenience and we understand that very well. We, at Fortress Windows and Doors have been awarded the prestigious "Best of HomeStars" award, four years in a row. We are proud of this and work very hard to be sure every client is treated as the ONLY client. It keeps our attitude and our focus on customer satisfaction. Steve

Calvin in Toronto
Calvin in Toronto

Replacing 12 windows and 1 patio sliding door

I got 3 quotes from 3 different companies I found from Home Stars and I decided to go with Fortress windows not only because their quote was very competitive but Steve was very punctual, professional, knowledgeable and friendly. Throughout the renovation nightmare, I would say he was the only one who was ahead of schedule while other contractors are stalling the renovation. The installers were also very fast and they worked through the heat waves and finished the 12 windows and 1 patio door within 2 days. I would definitely recommend Fortress windows and I already have.
Thank you Steve.

Thank you Calvin for trusting Fortress Windows and Doors with your window project. We know all too well how delays in a renovation project can upset your life! That is the VERY reason that we work diligently to the completion of every job we undertake. It was a pleasure working with you to create a more beautiful, comfortable and energy efficient environment for you and your family! Steve

Joyce Rebello in Scarborough
Joyce Rebello in Scarborough

Excellent job

After obtaining 4 quotes , we opted to give our business to Fortress Windows and Doors. Even though we had quotes closer to the price what Fortress quoted , it was easier to say yes to Steve Mercer as he impressed us with his knowledge and sincerity .
We were replacing window for the whole house in all 18 windows and so glad we picked Fortress as they did a amazing job. Steve delivered as he promised with great service , great product, and they did super job in cleaning.
Mainly you were reachable when we needed to contact you and you responded promptly .
Steve you went above and beyond than what was in the contract to help us , for that alone I give you a Star :)
We will recommend you to our friends and family anytime.
We wish you great success .

Hello Joyce. Thank you for your review and I truly appreciate your kind words. We make great claims of quality products, quality installation and quality service and I am personally grateful for your recognition of the efforts we put forward to honour our word. The only way to become the #1 window and door company is to put quality, integrity and value as the goals to strive for on every job. Being rated #1 means that we consider every job as the most important job because it happens to be YOUR job! Striving for excellence in any endeavor is never based on convenience, it means being focused on the necessary and important things that will create a happy and stress free experience for our clients. We appreciate your business and wish you and Cliff all the best! Steve

Paul B from Scarborough
Paul B from Scarborough

Excellent!

I've been in business 45 years, so I know quality service and work when I see it. Put simply, these are good people selling a great product at a decent price, and following through on everything they say they will do. The new doors look great and helped my home sell in record time for over asking. What more could you ask?

Hi Paul. The new doors that we installed added great curb appeal to your home. You mentioned that another trades person commented on how professional the caulking application was. I'm always so pleased to hear great feedback from our clients because we truly do want you to have the best experience possible when you chose Fortress Windows and Doors! Steve

Ahsan  in Scarborough
Ahsan in Scarborough

Replaced all our windows!

Fortress accommodated our request to have the installers work over the weekend. The installers, Yuri and his team, were very professional, respectful and did a great job. The installation and clean up was better than we expected. We are happy we got this huge job done by these guys.

Thanks again

Thank you Ashan, it was a pleasure working with you. We've received great feedback from our clients about how much quieter and more energy efficient their homes are with their new windows. We appreciate your business! Steve

Gordon Halfin from Thornhill
Gordon Halfin from Thornhill

New gutters and downspouts to correct water leakage into the house

This is our second experience with Fortress Windows & Doors. Water was starting to come into our house through our upstairs Bay Window. Both the Steves came out to assess the situation and we ended up installing new eaves and downspouts. Stephen Mercer's response to resolving our problem was extremely quick and within a week of contacting them the new eaves and spouts were installed. Stephen understood the urgency of the situation. Needless to say my wife and I are very pleased with the workmanship and service provided and the price was competitive with another company. We would, will and have recommended Fortress Windows & Doors to others.

Hi Gord, thank you for your awesome review. We do our best to bring Quality, integrity and Value to every project we undertake so that our clients are pleased with their decision to work with Fortress Windows and Doors. Your opinion and response are very important to us and we're glad we were able to meet your timeline and quality of workmanship! Steve

Nazih in Boston
Nazih in Boston

Shout out to Steve McCue of Fortress Windows & Doors for his superior customer service.

after the work was done for egress window Steve Mccue came to check , follow up with us and to make sure that everything was up to our satisfation.
Excellent customer service follow up and keep up the good work.

Hello Nazih, Thank you for your kind response. Our customer satisfaction is paramount and we will do "whatever it takes" to be sure our clients are happy and satisfied. Thank you for your business and we hope you never need to use your egress window but it's comforting to know it's there if you need it! Steve

More about Fortress Windows & Doors

Fortress Windows and Doors sell and install CSA Certified Windows
EnergyStar, High Efficiency Windows
We offer our clients quality, integrity and value. We believe that service after the job is completed is just as important as getting paid on the original installation.
I have had the same cell phone number since 1985 so anybody who has conducted business with me knows my number and I ALWAYS respond to my clients.

We run TO the problem, not away FROM the problem! (if there is one)

We make sure EVERY client is satisfied and that our written contract is fulfilled to the "T". We will never "upcharge" our clients and our word is our bond! (remember those days?)
When we're done your project, we want you to feel comfortable referring us to your mother.
27 years installing windows and doors. Home inspector and have many realestate agents as clients who also referr business to Fortress Windows & Doors.