Fortress Windows & Doors

Reviews for Fortress Windows & Doors

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Windows and Patio Doors

We had all our windows and sliding glass door replaced. The quality of workmanship and the look of the windows are STELLAR, couldn't have asked for better. The guys were all courteous, genuine, and dedicated to doing a good job - and our house is old which presented them with a bigger challenge than they expected.

The reason they don't get a 10/10 is the cleanup. After reading other reviews I was expecting a clean house afterwards. Some areas were clean, some were filthy. Spent 4 hours today sweeping and mopping to get rid of the dirt and dust, which was an unpleasant surprise.

Hi Chris, thank you for your business and your feedback. We take what you say very seriously and do apologize about any dust or dirt we missed. Working in older homes can create more "mess" than newer homes and if there is a wind, the mess can travel to places we wouldn't normally expect it to be. I am instructing our accounting department to issue a cheque to you for your troubles. Thank you again for your business and your trust in Fortress Windows and Doors! Steve

Terry
Terry

Entry door

Steve installed an entry door for our new home few years ago. Last week I called Steve about an issue with the three point locking mechanism because it has some kind of malfuntion. Steve came by immediately and accessed the problem. He told me what the problem is and promtly called the manufacturer to 6.com for a new lock. When the lock arrived to him two days later Steve came by again to install. He even lubricate the door hinges for me. Now that is what I call great service. I would recommend Steve and Fortress Windows and Doors simply because they really look after their customers.

Hi Terry,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is very important for people to know that we are a company that truly value our clients and will always be here to service our products if anything becomes problematic. Thankfully, we rarely have any issues to deal with but in your instance, it was a mechanical failure in the multi-point locking mechanism. One rule we live by is to treat our clients the same way we would like to be treated... the golden rule is golden!
Thank you for your business Terry. Steve

j.Mallyon in
j.Mallyon in
1 review , ON

new front and back doors and screens

During the early winter my wife and i happened to notice that our neighbour were getting new windows installed and we approached the young lad doing the job. he came over and took some measurements and had Steve call us with a quote. we were quite surprised at the price as we had other quotes at higher prices. we asked Steve to come and show us some samples which he did and we were very happy with what was picked. We asked that the job not be started until the new year which was no problem when the crew showed up to do the job we found them to be very professional and very knowledgeable. they did an excellent job on the installation and they cleaned up very well after the job was done. we would definately recommend FORTRESS WINDOWS to all my friends and neighbours we would like to thank everyone involved in this project ( A JOB VERY WELL DONE ) THANKS GUYS.

Hello Mr Mallyon... thank you for your great comments about Fortress Windows and Doors. As most people know, there is no "I" in TEAM. Every member plays an equally important role in order to make a "team" great. All our team members know that the culture at Fortress Windows and Doors is one of excellence so that our clients are glad they chose the right company to do their project. We are thrilled and pleased that you are one more client that are genuinely glad you did business with us and we thank you for that. Steve

Guy in Toronto
Guy in Toronto

Front Door and Frame Replacem

First impressions:
Due to unfortunate circumstances we were forced to quickly find a reputable door installation company that we could trust and feel comfortable working with.

There are many Window and Door companies out there and it was important for me to find a company that made customer service one of their top priorities.

I contacted Fortress Windows & Doors and spoke with Steve Mercer. I informed him of my situation and the urgent need for a door replacement.

Steve was very accommodating, listened to my situation and said he would have someone out the next day to have a look.

Consultation Process:
As promised Steve McCue visited our home the next day to take a look at what needed to be done, discussed some options with us and provided us with an estimate.

My wife and I had a couple of other companies that we had in mind to call for quotes. But after meeting and speaking with Steve and learning more about the company we felt that we could be confident in giving our business to Fortress Windows & Doors.

Installation experience:
Steve was always reachable and returned my calls within the same day which I appreciated.

He was able to expedite the door order for us and we were able to get it sooner than we thought.

The guys who came to do the installation, Dave and Richard were great. Very friendly and easy to talk to, they answered all my questions and addressed any concerns.

They did a fantastic job installing the new door and reinstalling the door alarm sensors and re-positioning our door bell wires to accommodate our new door bell.

Dave and Richard did a very professional job and made sure everything was clean and working before they left.

Steve McCue also dropped by to see how the job was going and to follow up on any questions I may have had.

Final thoughts:
My first experience with Steve and his crew at Fortress Windows and Doors was excellent.

They are a very personable and professional bunch who did a great job .
I would recommend them to anyone looking for door or window installations.

Keep up the great work!

Hello Guy and thank you for your heart felt response. Nothing is more rewarding than the satisfaction of our clients and the experience of another job well done. We strive for excellence with every client on every job and have developed that culture throughput our entire organization. Thank you for your business and the opportunity to serve you and your family. Steve

ScottDouglas
ScottDouglas
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Window Replacement

LOOK NO FURTHER, these are the guys for your Window needs! I prefer companies where the owner comes out and shakes your hand, discusses options/ideas and any further communication throughout the whole process is with the owner. No greasy Sales guy. Steve was a pleasure to work with and responds to all messages quickly. His crew was amazing, polite, hard working, and cleaned up any and all mess. They all seemed to enjoy their work and clearly took pride in making each window a perfect install. We had half the windows (7) in our home replaced and will 100% use Fortress for all remaining window replacement and also doors. Great overall experience, and a great find on Home Stars.

Thank you Scott for the overview of your experience with Fortress Windows and Doors. First, let me say we appreciate your trust in choosing our company to do the project at your home. We know there is a lot of competition out there and choosing the right company can be a daunting process! We do our best, on every project, to make sure our clients know that they made a wise choice with Fortress. Words are easily spoken but it's actions that really speak volumes and so when we get the kind of feedback that you've given, it confirms that we are "on track" with our business. All the best and we'll see you again soon! Steve

gricci
gricci

Eavestroughs and downspouts

Very professional, courtesy, and well mannered. Impressed with the final work even took the time to ask where and how I wanted the extra work to be done so cosmetically it would look well and not an eye sore. Great job worked very well as a team. I’m very happy and satisfied.

Thank you Grace for your kind words. We know how important it is to bring our "A" game to every job we do because our customers are expecting the professional job they read about on our reviews. Our reputation is the most valuable asset we have and we guard it closely... it's called integrity on every job! Steve

Mitchell
Mitchell

New windows

Awesome company. Really quick to respond, good customer service and they made the job look beautiful. Kind and respectful workers.

Highly recommended for your window needs. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Thank you Mitchell. Your job was a little more challenging than some but our installers are real pros - they make the most difficult jobs look easy and the final finish is fabulous! Thank you for your business! Steve

Rami from Toronto in Stittsville
Rami from Toronto in Stittsville

window and doors replacements

Fortress technicians are very meticulous and make sure that they cover every detail in the job. am very satisfied in the job that they have done and would highly recommend them.

Thank you Rami for your kind words. "Its all in the details" has been a phrase that has been used for many years but sadly, many companies today don't pay attention to the details. There is always good, better and best in everything in life and those who want to be rated as "Best" will need to pay attention to the details! Steve

Deb Lytle in Stouffville
Deb Lytle in Stouffville

Window installation

We were over the top pleased with the service we received from Fortress Windows & Doors. The staff was friendly, professional and very timely. I have recommended others to this company and they have been very pleased as well. Steve kept all window measurements on file and when we are ready to order more in the spring, he will have them ready to go! A definite 10/10 rating. Thanks guys!

Hi Deb and thanks for your feedback. When people find a reliable honest and professional company, they do not hesitate to recommend them to their friends and family. You, in fact, were a referral from another client of ours and we are so pleased that you are a very satisfied customer as well. Thank you for your continued business! Steve

Trevor
Trevor
1 review North York, ON

Window, soffit, fascia and gutter installation

I chose Fortress initially because I saw they do small jobs. I decided to add roofing repairs to the one front window I needed installed. I felt confident going with them after I met Steve M. He was quiet, self-assured and took his time to explain what they will be doing. We had scheduling issues due to weather but managed to agree to a plan to do the work over two days. On installation day I felt confident I hired the right people. They came with a take charge attitude, got in, got the job done, cleaned up and left. Steve passed by at various times to oversee the installations. I'm impressed with the quality of their work, the professionalism of the staff and their warranty. I would not hesitate to recommend this company. Thanks Steve and the team. Trevor

Hi Trevor... thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your business and your confidence in Fortress Windows and Doors. Our installation teams are amongst the best in the industry and we endeavour to bring three important things to our customers and those three things are Quality Integrity and Value. Your home looks so great and refreshed with the upgrades you've done! All the best. Steve

More about Fortress Windows & Doors

Fortress Windows and Doors sell and install CSA Certified Windows
EnergyStar, High Efficiency Windows
We offer our clients quality, integrity and value. We believe that service after the job is completed is just as important as getting paid on the original installation.
I have had the same cell phone number since 1985 so anybody who has conducted business with me knows my number and I ALWAYS respond to my clients.

We run TO the problem, not away FROM the problem! (if there is one)

We make sure EVERY client is satisfied and that our written contract is fulfilled to the "T". We will never "upcharge" our clients and our word is our bond! (remember those days?)
When we're done your project, we want you to feel comfortable referring us to your mother.
27 years installing windows and doors. Home inspector and have many realestate agents as clients who also referr business to Fortress Windows & Doors.