Fortress Windows & Doors

James in Ajax
James in Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Windows and doors replaced

Let me start by saying that I've taken some time before posting this review in order to gauge the quality of the product.

The installation was completed back in June. I have now had several months to see how the windows and doors operate during hot Summer days and cold Winter nights. I can honestly say that Steve at Fortress provides an excellent quality product as well as a superb installation team.

All my windows along with the front door and rear sliding door were completed by Steve's team at Fortress Windows and Doors.

I have done extensive research and received 6 other quotes from different contractors. I wanted to ensure i hired the right team as replacing the windows and doors is a large investment for our home.

The quote from Fortress Windows and Doors was fairly priced. Steve was not pressing and took the time to properly explain and had answered all of my questions. The warranty that Fortress provides is great, with no fine print!!

Overall I'm extremely pleased with Steve and his teams services.
I will definitely recommend and use them for any future work. I have recently hired them for my in-laws home to replace a broken window and window cranks that were originally installed by the builder a few years.
ago.

THANKS Steve and team for quality workmanship!!!

Hi James, I appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with Fortress Windows and Doors. Customer satisfaction is our first priority and we are so pleased we passed the test, once again. Our company has once again won the prestigious "Best of Homestars" award for 2019 and it is our honour to bring our best to you and all of our clients. All the best! Steve

Craig in Ajax
Craig in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Door Installation

Professional and honest service from Steve! Excellent installation job from Stan and Matthew! Loving our new front and patio doors which were installed in perfect time to keep out cold air and snow from the snow storm. Even better when we brought home our little bundle of suprise the next day.
Thank you Fortress!

Hi Craig, congratulations on the new addition to the family! Thank you for your business and for taking a moment from your "very busy" life to express yourself on this review. We hope you enjoy your new front door and patio door with mini- blinds. The front door is the entrance to your "castle" and it is a reflection of you and your personal style ( or perhaps your wife's style)... We are just very pleased to have been part of the transformation of your new home! All the best, Steve

Windows and Eavestroughs

Had all new eavestroughs installed, along with two new very large casement windows.
We were very pleased and impressed with Steve Mercer. The work was done in a timely manner as discussed with Steve. The installers were very easy to work with and did a great job.
Job well done.

Hello and thank you for taking a few minutes to express yourself with regard to your experience with Fortress Windows and Doors. in colder weather, people do have concerns about the caulking adhering properly, which makes sense. The good news is that our caulking is rated to be used in weather as cold as -20 C so we are installing windows and doors all year round, weather permitting. Steve

Ed
Ed

Good old fashioned integrity & workmanship! Highly Recommended!

We needed to replace our leaky sliding patio door (Jeld-Wen) on the second floor of the house that was originally installed by our builder (Monarch/Mattamy). We found Fortress Windows & Doors through Homestars and also read about them in a 2015 article/interview with Steve Mercer of Fortress that was posted in the Toronto Sun and eieihome.com https://torontosun.com/2015/10/06/how-to-choose-a-window-installation-company/wcm/e53af161-0f7e-49f6-af26-95f9dee8f62d. The things Steve had said in the interview made a lot of sense and was very customer oriented, so we decided to add them to the list of potential companies to contact and glad that we did.

Steve set himself apart from the rest by responding very quickly to our urgent issue. He called back the same day, and came in-person to look at the sliding door the very next morning (which was also on a Saturday!). He was very patient as I described the issue, expressed my concerns, and asked him tons of questions about windows/doors and the installation process, etc. He took the time to answer all my questions completely and was very reassuring. He was honest and didn't pressure me to replace things that we didn't need to. Steve provided a very competitive quote (on the spot) and also gave the most reasonable timeframe for the installation of late Nov / early Dec (most wouldn't be able to do it until January or later), due to the manufacturer's backlog from the government rebate program. We decided to go ahead with Fortress to do a brick-to-brick replacement of our leaky sliding patio door (extra-tall), our third floor sliding patio door of the same make, and our large drafty living room window. Before leaving, Steve even fixed my front door and didn't want anything for helping to do it. Steve McCue, the installation supervisor, came the same day to get more accurate measurements for the install and ordering of the windows/doors. He was also very knowledgeable and patient in explaining likely causes as to why our original patio door was leaking (design, quality, installation).

On the day of installation, Paul and the installation team was professional, methodical, and skilled. They worked on one door/window at a time, and as each old one went out the new one was put in within a few minutes, ensuring the house was not exposed for long to the cold winter weather. They were extra careful not to damage our hardwood floors (covered with runners) or walls, which required additional care as the extra tall sliding patio door had to go up flights of stairs. In addition, they took a look at our leaky eaves-trough and patched it for us. Steve Mercer also came by on the day to drop off some materials and to see how we were doing during the install. Everything was done by the end of the day, and they cleaned up afterwards as well. The products Fortress used are far superior to what the homebuilders provided. One can tell just by looking at it, but also I can feel how little heat loss there is now compared with the old windows/doors (huge difference)!

I was initially nervous about doing a winter install, while already being stressed out from the headache of the builder's old patio door that allowed water to leak in and go down to the first floor garage (first time I've heard of or witnessed something like that). But one thing that Steve said to me that shows what type of person he is and the kind of company Fortress is, was "we've got you covered"! The entire experience was painless, and I have peace of mind knowing that if I have any future issue Steve and his team will be willing to help and stand behind their products & workmanship (also with their exceptional warranty)! I highly recommend Fortress Windows & Doors! It's a company with good old fashioned integrity and workmanship, which is very hard to find these days! Thank you Steve and the rest of the Fortress team!

Hi Ed, thank you for your great review. It was a pleasure working on your project to make the living space more comfortable for you and your family. We use extremely high quality windows and patio doors with a warranty that is the absolute best in the industry. We want our clients to know that when the job is completed and paid for, one phone call will get a response to any deficiencies with a $100 dollar guarantee that if we don't respond within 24 business hours, we'll write you a cheque! We're serious about taking care of our clients. Thank you again, Ed, for your business and confidence in Fortress Windows and Doors! Steve

Part of the family

Highly recommend Fortress for your windows and/or door replacements. Steve and his boys were wonderful to my in laws who are in their 80’s. Their work was immaculate and they even cleaned the house for them. Even after the job was done, Steve came back and put in extra work going above and beyond to make his client completely happy. They really do treat you like family!

Hi and thank you for your kind words. Nothing can be more heart wrenching than to hear about the seniors in our community being taken advantage of by unscrupulous businesses people. We treat everyone with respect and dignity but especially our seniors because we want them to be treated the same way we would want our own parents treated - fairly. Many seniors are on a fixed budget and so taking on additional expenses can really put a dent in their finances. We take ALL of these factors into account when we deal with seniors. Thank you for choosing Fortress Windows and Doors, we appreciate your trust and we're glad you had an excellent experience with our company. Steve

Donna in Toronto
Donna in Toronto

Replacement of window, front door and sliding doors

Project started with low key, low pressure, fact based sales pitch. Installation was fast and professional. The windows are great. Communication with Steve and Steve was good, fast and responsive replies. I have recommended this company to friends.

Hi Donna, thank you for taking a few minutes to write a review and expressing your thoughts. We live by the golden rule here at Fortress Windows and Doors and that is to simply treat people the way that we ourselves would like to be treated. Do I like a high pressure buy now or lose your discount sales pitch? NO. I believe an educated consumer is a wise consumer so we take the time to make sure our clients have enough information to make a wise choice, with no pressure. Some companies are still pressure selling, drop price discount, buy today for special pricing nonsense. We believe in honest, truthful, informative conversations with our clients because we truly have your best interest in mind. Perhaps this is one of the reasons that our Homstar ratings are so consistently high. All the best, thank you again for your business! Steve

Debbie from Brampton
Debbie from Brampton

Superb Window and Door Replacement

In 2016 I had all my windows replaced along with my outdated front door and the door to my garage. The house side door was in good condition so we decided to do a cutout and install a lead window to help keep everything within my budget. I was very impressed with Steve Mercer's professionalism and focus to every little detail. The windows look spectacular, are easy to keep clean - just hose them down. The Installers, Stan and his son were top notch very professional. I recently sold my house and I know the windows passed inspection no problem. Did I mention that a squirrel was ripping one of mt screens apart and I swung my broom at the window to scare it off. Needless to say the window broke! Steve came out himself and replaced the glass - free of charge. There is no other company that I'm aware of that would do that. They really mean Lifetime Guarantee. Thanks Steve. You have been awesome! I would highly recommend this wonderful company.

Hi Debbie, We appreciate your kind and heartfelt review. We've all heard the saying "talk is cheap" and there are many companies that talk a great talk but don't walk the walk. Our company mantra is Quality Integrity Value... when these three components are braided together, our clients will always win. The thing that your review does is brings our commitment to our clients front and centre so anybody wondering which company they can trust, they need look no further than Fortress Windows and Doors. Steve

Janet  in Scarborough
Janet in Scarborough

Windows Replacement

We had replaced 11 windows in our home, including 1 bay window about 3 weeks ago. Steve was wonderful to work with and very prompt at answering and responding to calls. The installation team was good but the craftsmanship could have been better. There was recently an issue with one of the windows but with one call Steve came the next day to take a look at it.

Reason why it was a 9/10 was due to craftsmanship not being as consistent as it could be (had to ask the installation team to do touch-ups and fixes after they finished - which they did) and cleanup not being as well as expected. Overall, would recommend Fortress Windows and Doors - especially if you have Steve as your salesperson!

Hi Janet, thank you for your comments. I believe everyone needs some well intentioned constructive feedback from time to time. We take what you say very seriously and will bring it up at our next team meeting. Listening and tweaking operations is what makes a good team a great team. We appreciate your business. Steve

PAUL BRODY from Thornhill
PAUL BRODY from Thornhill

Excellent Job Front door replacement

Our experience dealing with this company was superb. We replaced our front door and from start to finish the project was done right. The main advantage of this company is its people. Steve priced the job competitively and then saw it through during every phase, making sure we were happy. Even as we made changes after placing the order he was always professional and smiling. He proved to be knowledgeable and was a pleasure to deal with. He answers the phone, communicates clearly and responds to emails promptly. The installation was done by an excellent crew who were meticulous; and once again Steve was present at the installation making sure everything was done correctly and to his highest standards. He even did some repairs to other doors and windows in our home without extra charge. The installed door seems to be of excellent quality and the company provides a life time warranty, which is reassuring. We could not be happier with the end product. A big thank you Steve!

Hi Paul. Your new fiberglass front door system looks absolutely gorgeous. the size and weight of the door system did provide its own set of challenges but we once again, rose to the occasion with our team to produce the results you were happy with. We appreciate your business and are proud to be part of creating a great new look for your home!. Steve

NEW WINDOWS REPLACEMENT

We have replaced 13 windows in two days with a custom made bay window. We have selected the company out of five different quotes.

Steve Mcue team is highly professional, efficient, very energetic with positive sprit ,timely delivery with high precision.

Steve from very first day guided us the product benefits with high in quality service.

The beauty of the team is they have workers with a gel of young and old experienced hand like David Bread head and beast, with young like Dave Paul .The results are amazing neat and clean delivery of the work.
Thanks to all members for excellent job done.

We shall strongly recommend to other family members and friends.
NASREEN/NADIM

Hello Nasreen and Nadim... thank you for the great review of the project done at your home. Our team of installers bring a variety of talents to each job that is better than most. We pride ourselves in a job well done and our clients get great value for their money with the satisfaction of knowing our company goes the extra mile to make sure your project is completed to the highest industry standards. Steve

More about Fortress Windows & Doors

Fortress Windows and Doors sell and install CSA Certified Windows
EnergyStar, High Efficiency Windows
We offer our clients quality, integrity and value. We believe that service after the job is completed is just as important as getting paid on the original installation.
I have had the same cell phone number since 1985 so anybody who has conducted business with me knows my number and I ALWAYS respond to my clients.

We run TO the problem, not away FROM the problem! (if there is one)

We make sure EVERY client is satisfied and that our written contract is fulfilled to the "T". We will never "upcharge" our clients and our word is our bond! (remember those days?)
When we're done your project, we want you to feel comfortable referring us to your mother.
27 years installing windows and doors. Home inspector and have many realestate agents as clients who also referr business to Fortress Windows & Doors.