Dan Mac Plumbing & Drain Service Ltd

Reviews for Dan Mac Plumbing & Drain Service Ltd

Michael and Alan in Toronto
Michael and Alan in Toronto

A Problem-Solver

I have an old clawfoot bathtub. The diverter was not working properly anymore, 5 years after replacing the taps. I bought new taps and booked Dan Mac to install the new taps. Eric, the plumber who arrived, thought he could fix the diverter, which would mean I wouldn't have to spend almost $600 on the new taps. Not only was he able to fix the diverter on the old tap, but he also replaced the tub plug, which was not working well. I am very impressed with Eric's troubleshooting skills and very grateful that he didn't need to install new taps. I was able to get a full refund on the taps, so Eric not only solved the issue, but he saved me a lot of money as well. I was impressed with his desire to save the customer money while solving the issue. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dan Mac in future.

teresa
teresa

Leak on supply line

There was an unknow leak from my master bathroom that was not able to diagnosed by two contractors.

I called a few plumbing companies/plumbers that I trusted and worked with before, unfortunately, they were all occupied and wont be able to come until few days later. But I need to the leak to be fixed right away.

Dan Mac was recommended by a restoration company and they could come the next day.

Sam came on time with his mask on. He observed the problem, communicated well and explain every step along the way. His decision making process has consideration of cost in mind, while he also took the time that is needed to complete every step/task thoroughly.

After few hours of serious digging, he found a broken pipe that was damaged by a nail in a very very hidden spot and caused the subtle consistence leak!!! Good job Sam!

After that, he also help to diagnose another plumbing problem after the first job.

I know good plumbing service can be hard to come by sometimes. I appreciate the great, honesty and patient service I received today and will definitely put Dan Mac on my contact list for any future project. Thanks you.

Drew in Toronto
Drew in Toronto

Blocked Drain

Had a blocked main drain. Sam, from Dan Mac, assed the blockage and determined the best solution was to enter the crawl space and use the heavy duty auger to clear the blockage. The service was timely, professional and friendly. The services and invoice were explained clearly.

Have used Dan Mac before and I continue to be impressed with their level of service and on the clarity on the charges for their work.

Highly recommended!

Todd Train from Scarborough
Todd Train from Scarborough

Don't bother calling them unless you know what the problem is

Had a leaking bathtub hose, plumber came, thought it was a washer, came back with a washer that did not fit, was not the issue and left with me to fix my problem by myself. what a waste of my time and money and my issue still persists. they did offer me $50 off the install of a whole new taps system that would cost me $250+ instead of the $40 replacement hose and fitting i found after visiting 6 stores.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

so disappointed...

If you have a 13 year relationship with DanMac and thought they'd treat old customers with care. Think again! I have used DanMac for 5 properties that I own for over 13 years. They came to fix something in April for $680, only to find out that the same problem persisted and they charged me $400 for a visit to tell me exactly the same information that they had in their notes?! I called to discuss it and the owner refused to adjust anything. I guess my business wasn't worth it to him.

Not to worry, I found another plumber that is timely and far more professional with my tenants. They did a fabulous job for my big jobs, ie. replacing the city led pipe and the old pipe connected to the toilet for up to $1000 less than DanMac's quotes. IF you want better service, polite & lower costs? Easy decision. Call anyone else on HomeStars.

Hodgy
Hodgy

Replace cracked hose bib pipe

Great experience using DanMac plumbing. They were very professional, friendly and quick. I had a pipe freeze and crack and they replaced it. The pipe ran from behind our sink out to the back patio hose bib. Would definitely use them again in the future (hopefully, no more burst pipes though)

Hello Hodgy. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about the service. We will pass it on to our serviceman.
Happy Canada Day!

matteo from mississauga
matteo from mississauga

Bathroom leak

Had a leak from our upstairs bathroom. DanMac plumber came to troubleshoot and repair. Plumber was friendly, personable and knowledgeable. Went through steps to eliminate the problem spots and eventually found the cause of the leak and repair was done. Efficient and with reasonable cost.

Hello Matteo. Thank you very much for the positive feedback.

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

Heating System

I had to unfortunately use this company as the insurance company I was dealing with put them in place. They had to replace my heating system due to bad weather earlier in year. The quality of their work was dreadful lots of issues but one that stunned me was when they replaced a radiator and thought it was OK to.get the wrong size and put it in which overlapped the door . Luckily I stopped them before it went in. It took them months to get any repair done and when they finally did the pipes they replaced are half plastic half bent half not straight, radiators sticking out and reconditioned fit for the scrap heap.
Worst customer service I've ever had and rude and incompetent office staff.
Please do yourself a favour research them and make sure you are there to watch them all the time do not leave them alone in your house .

Siobhan in Leslieville
Siobhan in Leslieville

Emergency call

Saturday night, water was coming up through the basement bathtub drain and toilet. I called the emergency number, Juan called me back in 5 minutes, and was at my place in an hour. There were many complications and he ended up being there for over four hours, but wouldn't leave until the problem was diagnosed and fixed. He approached the issue from every direction possible and we were so grateful. DanMac will continue to be my go-to plumbing guys!

We are glad to here that the service was so prompt and everything worked out. We do our best to provide customer satisfaction throughout the process.
Thank you.

paul in Maple
paul in Maple

Bathroom repairr

We have had quotes to fix this problem from $300 to a complete bathroom redo $$$$. Kevin came in, looked at the problem and solved it within an hour. AMAZING!!!
Going to refer these guys to anyone and everyone!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our service. We will pass the message on to our technician.

More about Dan Mac Plumbing & Drain Service Ltd

Established in 1987, DanMac Plumbing & Drain Service Ltd. is a full service company that can meet all of your residential and industrial plumbing needs. Specialties include: drain repairs and replacements, camera inspections, clearing of Sewer blockages and Roots in drains. Water service replacement, Torpedo water service. Waterproofing, and we ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in Etobicoke?