Arrow Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

2700 Dufferin St Toronto ON M6B4J3
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Vaughan  >  Arrow Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

Reviews for Arrow Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

Mathew Diamond from Toronto
Mathew Diamond from Toronto

Heating System in New Home

Arrow was hired to install a radiant floor heating system and air conditioning system. The system was not installed correctly and many visits by their technicians were attempted to resolve these issues to no avail. I had to hire a third party company to solve some of the issues as Arrow was not able to fix the system. I asked Arrow to pay the bill of the third party contractor and they refused.

marlene ferreira from Toronto
marlene ferreira from Toronto
1 review York, ON

Furnace repair

The furnace that the repair is being done on is only 3 years old, still under warranty for parts. Service call alone is over $107.00, plus with every part that needs to be replaced I'm being charged shipping and now they've added a new charge called the warranty paperwork fee which is $75.00 ( what the heck is this for?). So now I've been waiting since Friday this past week, in this cold weather with sick people in the home and the temperature of the house set at 19 degrees. They don't care about their customers, they just care about hiding in fees and over charging. I have a feeling that I'm being ripped off, but don't know who to talk too, but if I am I would really like to know how I can get my money back and teach them a lesson as well.. Back in June of this year I had to call them because the AC wasn't working and when they came, apparently it was the control panel that needed to be replaced, paid $50 for shipping of the part. And the worker installed it in 30 mins and still charged me for the whole hour. I don't feel comfortable with this company and I regret listening to my friend suggesting it.

joy berj from Toronto
joy berj from Toronto

Air Conditioning Repair

Our AC stopped in middle of July heat wave. Called Arrow - remarkably fit us in. Dhani worked over 1 hour to fix fan damaged when contractor stepped on it - worked over 1 hour in heat and now works like charm. Very trustworthy - great value.

victor from Toronto
victor from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

furnace problems

I was B Tagged by Arrow for high CO emissions because the gaskets needed replacing. The only option they provided was to upgrade to a higher efficiency boiler. I never received a response to my requests for a quote to replace the gaskets or a rental option. I contacted other contractors through Homestar for a second option and canvas my options. Thanks to Homestar I found a contractor who repaired/replaced my gaskets and removed by B Tag for a fraction of the costs of replacing my boiler. I am disappointed that Arrow put my wife and I in a stressful situation without full disclosure and discussions of all our options.

Jordan from Toronto
Jordan from Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Heating

Do yourself a favour and avoid Arrow Heating & Air Conditioning at all costs. Our heating wasn't working and this was the company that was listed on our combo unit water boiler (from previous home owners). They incorrectly diagnosed the problem (Chris), charged us for their work even though the main issue of the heating wasn't solved and then said that we should call Direct Energy. Such a headache dealing with these guys and will never call them again. I can assure you that there are much better companies in Toronto to correctly diagnose and fix.

Paul Desiri from Toronto
Paul Desiri from Toronto

Relocation of ductwork

Terrible contractor. Avoid using Arrow. They showed up a day early unannounced. Was hired to relocate two furnace duct pipes during a kitchen reno. Seemed to lack confidence during execution of job. Made large holes in ceiling and floor - some of which turned out to be unnecessary. Cut into electrical wires. A least they fixed the wire but did not fix holes around wire. Also took a long time to schedule job

Nelson  in Toronto
Nelson in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Issue Resolved

After direct communication with the owner of Arrow Heating the issue was resolved.

The approximate cost indicated was not the cost of the repair but the initial cost of the a/c unit and its installation.

Review has 1 previous version
Darya Astashev in North york
Darya Astashev in North york
1 review NORTH YORK, ON

Maintenance of Slant Fin Bobcat boiler

Called them to fix 3 year old boiler that did not work. They charged me $ 360 for first visit, and said they need to order the part. Ordered it, installed - unit did not work anyway. Only after this they measured CO, said its too high, put a reg tag on unit, charged me another $160 and left without any written report re reasons of unit failure. They said they need to investigate further - but refused to provide quote for extra cost they will charge. But they offered to quote a new boiler - if I want to replace a 3 year old one. So after $520 expense my unit does not work and I have a part I do not need. In general, I was under impression thy had no clue about how to deal with this boiler, but it was a manufacturer who recommended them. Do not use them - they will overcharge you, and do not use Slant Fin in Canada - they are not supportive and rude.

Glen in Toronto
Glen in Toronto

Annual gas furnace maintenance

We called Arrow for annual maintenance to our gas furnace. When at our house, the repairman said the pilot light was out, and that had to be lit before any maintenance. I asked him if I did not want to proceed, if there would be a cost? He said YES - because he already came to the house, and this cost me $160 !!!!! The job took about 2 minutes. (to light the Pilot light).

We were completely misled, and overcharged. The original job was never done; I was OVERCHARGED for something very simple and quick.

I will NEVER use this company again, and I would recommend to everyone to choose someone more reasonable and honest.

Sharon, Toronto
Sharon, Toronto

Furnace repair

Our gas furnace stopped working in September. We called Arrow. They said a new electrical harness was required and they would order it. When the part was no longer available, they said they would "make" one. Their repairman came out twice and played around with a mass of wires and left them there each time connected to the furnace but not connected. This dragged on, so we finally asked if in fact the furnace was repairable. They said it would probably be better to replace it and quoted on a different model (more costly) of furnace as well as lining the chimney as there was no clay lining (they said after looking). When November and cold weather approached and we froze, we finally called another company who came out, showed us the rust in the furnace and that it should have been red flagged and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES started up again, and showed us the clay liner that in fact was in the chimney. In 3 days they recommended and ordered a new furnace of the same type we had, installed it and also balanced the heat so the house was more comfortable. They said Arrow had left the wires connected to the furnace to ensure that we would not call another company. Arrow was negligent in suggesting that a damaged (red flag-able) gas furnace could be repaired and in attempting to do so.

More about Arrow Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

ARROW is a fully licensed company in residential heating and air conditioning equipment. We have served Metro Toronto's heating and cooling needs since 1973. Our reputation is based on providing dependable superior quality products and service to the consumer at competitive prices. ARROW will perform all work in a professional ...