Matrix Remediation Inc.

Asbestos & Lead Removal
Bay A4, 3911 Brandon Street SE Calgary AB T2G 4A7
HomeStars  >  Asbestos & Lead Removal in Calgary  >  Matrix Remediation Inc.

Reviews for Matrix Remediation Inc.

inside water claim

I would never recommend this company! Fernando took our insurance deposit. Work began, nothing ever on time, waiting for hours everyday to show up! The work was of just two walls and carpet and it still is not finalized since April of 2016 and it is now end of September 2017!!! I contacted Guy the owner. Nothing but excuses and never getting back to us. We are out $1000 and carpet is in worse condition and walls not complete or baseboards. Our house was not even sealed off from dust from electronics etc. basement still smells like mildew. I called today and it appears they are out of business and I'm out $1000.00. They do not reply to emails and make constant excuses or blame others but do not follow through. Nor do they warranty the work as they say. I haven't even signed off on completion. As I chose them as my contractor, my insurance will do nothing and nor will Guy, the owner. Worst customer service, no loyalty to clients; they take your money and run and leave the client with no work completion and out money. This was a insurance claim and as of this date still is not finalized. Poor workmanship, terrible communication!!! Fernando, workers and owner do not care!!! Don't ever give money until the work is completed!!! That was our first mistake; we were recommended by someone that used to work for them. I have since repainted the whole basement minus these two walls and finalized a hail claim for my exterior without this much difficulty. I called today and another company answered. Then to matrix 1-800 number; I was treated awful and he said he would call back and never did and he even hung up on me!!! Worst experience ever! I have been now advised to take them to court or pay someone else to complete their work!!!! IF YOU ARE THINKING OF HIRING THIS COMPANY; RUN!!!!! Omg; they even don't even pay for paint but take from your supply without even asking!!! Worst experience EVER!!!! We are the victims of a claim and then on top of it; now we are victims from a contracting company! Disgusted, upset, frustrated and appalled this happened to us. Please make sure this never happens to you!!! And now I have to make a compliant to the BBB . This claim and ordeal has caused us so much stress in our family and a lot of sleepless nights!!!

Brad H.
Brad H.

Mold remediation

Mold was discovered in my attic from water ceiling stains showing through. My brookfield home build in 2011 did not have the proper roof venting on it when I had it inspected by a roofing company. From previous experience I decided to look after it my self instead of getting the run around from brookfield. I got a couple quotes but Matrix would do remediation and vents for less then the others who would only do the mold remediation. Guy Price was on the scene immediately after I called him to asses the situation. His men were courteous and very detailed with there work. The work was started promptly and completed in a timely manner. I would highly recommend Matrix. Any one is welcome to my home to view what Matrix had done. contact me at [email protected]

Hello Brad and Connie, thank you so much for the work and the warm review. It was a pleasure getting to know you. Best regards, Guy Price, President.

Kristan and Ken from Calgary
Kristan and Ken from Calgary

Basement mold remediation

Discovered mold while planning to develop the basement of our house.Of the 3 companies I called, Guy from Matrix was quick to reply and investigate the issue and the cause. Guy was eager to help and may have spread himself and his crew a little thin, causing some scheduling short comings. After the initial remediation more mold was discovered in some hidden areas. Matrix was contacted and was on site the next day to remove the additional mold and also offered to remove a fairly large pile of contaminated construction waste for the inconvenience. Guy also left an air mover an extended period of time for me use, which was greatly appreciated as the moisture (which caused the mold) was present a week later. Once thing dry out and we figure out the root cause of the moisture I will be contacting Guy and Matrix again to bid on the repairs necessary to fix the problem.

Thank you Kristen and Ken. A basement that is not waterproofed properly can result in a large scale mould issue, as you experienced. We appreciate the warm review and will be happy to help in any way we can in the future.

All the best,

The Matrix Remediation team.

Cheryl S.
Cheryl S.
1 review Prince George, BC

Attic Remediation, Roof Ventilation System, Ceiling Repair

Near mid December, we noticed water dripping from the potlights in our master bedroom and ensuite. Turns out that our attic was improperly ventilated and that condensation had formed, turned to ice and then melted with the Chinook.

We contacted Matrix Remediation as they had very good reviews on both Google and Homestars. We had Guy at our house that same afternoon.

Turns out that this process had happened serveral times over the years causing mould to form on the framing in the attic.

The crew and trades were so polite and clean. They finished the venting, attic remediation and the ceiling repair within 5 days - which was excellent as we had company coming for the holidays.

We truly appreciate the extra effort shown by this company!

CS :)

Hello Cheryl, thanks so much for your kind words. We hope that you had a great time with your family. On behalf of the Matrix team we wish you and your family a happy and healthy 2017. All the best :)

Audrey W.
Audrey W.

Bathroom Mould Remediation

Recently I contacted Matrix to get a quote for remediating the mould in my basement bathroom. Guy and I negotiated a price that was within my budget and the work began. The workers arrived on time on the designated day and within 1/2 hour of their arrival Guy was also here to check with them. The workers completely removed all contaminated materials and contained the area for any transmission that might occur. At the end of the work they painted the contaminated surfaces with a white sanitizing paint. The paint has a pungent odor so I would recommend homeowners be aware of the need for ventilating the affected area for several days. During the remediation we also discovered a foundation crack and within a couple of days Guy was able to get workers in to repair that as well at a price I could accept. Now we are moving on to the restoration part and are negotiating the scope and price of that work. To this point I am satisfied with the work that has been done and the price I have paid. Thank you Guy and the Matrix crews.

Thank you Audry, we are happy to help. Quick note with regards to the odor source, it originate from the disinfectant which is based on a natural spice extract (thyme). Alll of our cleaning agents are green and safe to all house members alike. Encapsulating agent is a water base and low VOC as well. Just to clarify... Take care, Guy Price, President

Daniel in Clive
Daniel in Clive
1 review , BC

Black Mold Attic Remediation

Matrix Remediation Complaint

If this post can save 1 PERSON the aggravation of dealing with Matrix Remediation it was worth it.

It started when we discovered that we had black mold in our attic. This is when we first went online and started researching mold remediation companies. Matrix Remediation had a great website and five star customer reviews priding themselves as being a “Boutique” company which specializes in remediation and takes all of the necessary steps to protect your family and home. Unfortunately we found out this was not the case, we are not happy and feel we were taken advantage of by Matrix Remediation.

We paid for a service and expected a certain amount of professionalism. Matrix’s quote came in higher than any of the competitors, but after reading all positive online reviews and with Guy assuring us that his team would “do it right the first time” we decided to spend the extra money to have it done right! Matrix original proposal came in more than double any of his competitors. After discussing our maximum budget, they quickly made a reduction of costs to meet our budget, but he assured us that everything laid out in the original proposal would be included except for the disposal of the bagged up insulation.

Our issue with Matrix Remediation arose when we discovered how the remediation team dealt with the mold affected insulation from our attic. The proposal specifically outlined that the insulation and mold spores which his team had media blasted off our attic sheeting were to be bagged up IN the attic and would be contained from the rest of our living space through the use of a negative air pressure device.

It was at the point where the Matrix team made the decision to not properly bag the mold affected insulation in the attic and instead just drag it through our home/living space, exposing it to our couch, bed, blinds, walls, floors, dishes, kitchen etc. To top it off we specifically asked if we needed to cover our bed, and couch when they were starting the remediation, the team assured us that this was not necessary. When they left our home there was a layer of dust/spores on every item/horizontal surface. We were unsure how this was possible but after reviewing our security footage we quickly realized that the Matrix team hadn’t removed the insulation in the proper manor outlined in their proposal and were blown away with the lack of care the team took while removing the contaminated insulation. Obviously I was concerned about having the contamination throughout our home and if Matrix cut corners in other areas of the remediation?

Matrix had asked for the opportunity to make things right, which I can respect. He had offered to send a third party cleaner to our home 20 days after the work was performed, which was pointless because we were already exposed to the dangerous spores and immediately did a through cleaning once we discovered what had happened. He then offered a small portion of our money back, providing we signed his agreement releasing his company from any guarantee/warrantee for the work they provide at our home. Orignally we decided to go with Matrix because of this guarantee even though they were more expensive than any competitor. I cannot do this out of principle. This entire situation has been extremely unprofessional and upsetting. We paid for a service, which was not provided, Again I would rather save someone the hardship/aggravation of dealing with Matrix Remediation.

DK

Hello Daniel,
I am terribly sorry that you did not have a good exoerience.

When you first called me I indicated that I would send a crew right away to address any situation.
At this point you refused this solution.
Then I continued and proposed a third party to come and address any issues which you refused as well.
You requested to do a cash settlement which I agreed to as well.

Given the complexity of the job and the distance to get to you ( over 3.5 hours including accommodation requirements) i feel that you are just trying to get a better "deal" OR ELSE you will post a negative review.

I do not think this is fair especially due to the fact that I have been very reasonable and extremely accommodating.

I keep the invitation open so please let me know how can I help?

Thank you for your time and again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Guy Price, President

Marnia in Calgary
Marnia in Calgary

Water damage and mold containment

Guy and his team were fantastic, From Fernando the Project Manager arriving with Ken the Emergency Manager they were able to determine where the leak was and clean up the resulting damage and have my home back to being my home again!

Water damage restoration

We had a water leak in our ensuite shower which caused water damage on the dinning room/kitchen ceiling. I hired Matrix Restoration for the containment as well as restoration work. Guy showed up within an hour of my call on a Sunday night with dehumidifier and fans to start the drying process and gave me a quote for putting up the containment and taking down the ceiling which was reasonable. Next day his crew came to do the work and finished it on time and did a great job of isolating the work area from the rest of main floor. Guy then sent a few experts in next couple of days for ceiling repair (drywall, mudding and knowdown texture) and painter to paint the walls etc. They took the measurements etc and I had the final quote for the repair work in few days. The quote for the whole work was less than what I got from several other contractors. I ended up going with Matrix Restoration as well for the repair work and they did a wonderful job. Looking at the ceiling nobody can tell the difference from rest of the house. Guy recommended taking down the texture of the entire main floor ceiling and re-painting all the walls. The whole work took 5-6 days but after the work was done his crew cleaned the entire house!! all in all I'm very satisfied with my decision to go with Matrix restoration. It was much easier to deal with just one person to take care of everything. The quality of work excellent and house looks like nothing ever happened to it.

Complete confidence in this team!

We dad some water damage and mold in two of our bathrooms. Matrix came and gave us an excellent quote! Guy and Joey were extremely personable and great to work with. Their staff were very knowledgeable as well which was comforting. Through the whole process all of the workers who were involved with the project were extremely polite, clean (which I'd had issues with through other companies) and friendly. They Got all the work done within the guaranteed time frame and without any issues. We will be using Matrix for any and all issues we have in our home in the future! Although hopefully there are none.. !

More about Matrix Remediation Inc.

Matrix Remediation is a certified local restoration company, specializing in residential and commercial mold removal and remediation services in the greater Calgary and Edmonton areas.

We are proud to be locally owned and operated as well as a GREEN and environmentally friendly mold removal company in Calgary.