Move Me Again

Reviews for Move Me Again

M. Garzon
M. Garzon
1 review Saint Lazare,

Intimidation and Deceit; inflated flat rate; legal action required

I spent months corresponding with Tara prior to my move, asking every question I could think of - I got a quote for my estimated 6,000 lbs of stuff, and she told me that I'd pay 42 cents a pound for anything over 6k. It was clearly stated in their emails that I could follow the truck to a weighing station and see it weighed (the fine print on the contract - which you won't see until your stuff is loaded - says the weigh station has to be within 16 km, and it was).

- My move was schedule for Saturday, July 11 but on the 9th, I received a phone call saying we had to be ready by the next day (July 10). I stayed up most of the night in order to be ready for the movers.
- The movers were supposed to arrive at 4 pm. They arrived at 9:30 p.m. and actually started moving things out of the house at 10 p.m. They finished at 2 p.m., after which followed a 20-minute argument between myself and the head mover.
In my discussion with the mover:
- I said several times (at least 6 times) that I did not want to sign a contract that had a ‘fixed weight’ of 14,000 lbs, more than double what I expected.
- I asked several times to follow him to a scale, as detailed by the company in our email exchanges. He refused to go to a scale.
- I explained that I didn’t have my good glasses and couldn’t read the contract; he said it didn’t matter because I could work everything out with Tara the next day.
- When I insisted on wanting to follow him to a weighing station, he first said that I would be charged $240 for that (which is not mentioned anywhere in my email exchanges with the company; on the contrary, it simply says I can follow the truck). When I agreed to that, he again (angrily) refused to go and said that I could get my things weighed later, that I just had to call Tara the next day in order to arrange it.
- The head mover said that “Head office always does this; they tell clients the wrong thing and then make me be the bad guy.” This leads me to believe that this dishonesty is standard practice for the company.
- His answer to every question was to refer me to Tara, who (the following day) said she had no responsibility once the items were picked up. She referred me to the ‘management team’.
- I sent 3 emails and left 2 voicemails for the management team in the week after our house was emptied. I finally heard back after 7 days; the woman on the phone said I would be held responsible for the flat weight of 14,000 lbs, as I had signed the contract, even though I did it based on false information.
- I explained that I had signed that contract under duress and that the mover had assured me that my things could still be weighed so that I’d pay for the actual weight, not the wildly inflated flat rate.
- I’m a small single mom and was alone in my house with 3 angry men who were all insisting that I sign the contract so that they could get out of there. I felt intimidated and unsafe. They had been moving stuff in 40-degree heat; they were clearly exhausted and fed up. I hadn’t slept in almost 24 hours, after a week of little sleep, so I couldn’t think clearly. My children were crying and wanted to leave. We were in a mosquito-infested area and, because all the doors had been open and it was the middle of the night, we were being devoured by mosquitos. The head mover was swearing and jumping around, slapping at himself. He said he couldn’t leave until I signed and that in any case, I could iron out any details with Tara the following day, so finally, I signed (under protest). Because I couldn’t read the contract, he had to point out each place for me to sign and initial.
- For the next week, the company didn't answer calls or emails, until suddenly they called (from a private number, and they never give their last names). They insist that I have to pay for 14,000 lbs (their estimate, it's never been weighed) and they're threatening to dump our stuff if I don't. All my children's artwork, family photos, and irreplaceable items from my recently-deceased father are in that truck.

I have a lawyer and I'm proceeding with legal action (I'm not the only one) but it's been two weeks and we still don't have our things.

Jenny Warrillow from Hamilton
Jenny Warrillow from Hamilton

Forced Into flat rate. Delivery a week early to storage locker

Drivers caused car accident during collection. Drivers in a rush and had me initial a paper. Driver asked if I wanted the weigh scale or a flat rate. I said weigh scale. He agreed and told me Dixie rd was the location and was on his way home.

Company never called to provide weight. When I called they said I had agreed to flat rate for 11,000 lb. My estimated weight based on inventory sheet was 6700 lb. I said why would I ever agree to that? They said tough, it's already on way to NS and you have to pay to get stuff back.

Driver calls a week earlier than delivery date to say he needs to drop off stuff next day. I say we are not in possession for another week. He says if not able to deliver in the morning he has to take stuff to Montreal and store in warehouse. We see online others have been charged 400 a day for this.

We get driver to agree to take to storage locker. Get local company to agree to leave 2 unlocked as its weekend and they're closed. Delivery guys show up at 9 p.m. instead of 9 a.m. leave stuff in lockers unattended until monday when owners can go and lock up. We are still in Ontario so nothing we can do.

Have to pay 500 for lockers and 500 for another local mover to finish the move. Asked for partial refund and told to make claim. Make claim and told 4 weeks for decision. 4 weeks now passed and cant get a reply from them. Claim form states they will take 500 deductible from any refund they might give. Offered multiple times for them to refund to avoid us writing these reviews and contacting police regarding accident, but they dont respond. Complaint made with bbb today.

Bonnie in Scarborough
Bonnie in Scarborough

reliable

I moved with them over a month ago. I finally finished the unpacking of my goods. Everything looks okey. They were on time on both ends. I was little worried because when other big companies quiting me over 15k they only charged me 10k and provided better service. Thanks to Tara and the movers. Wh actualy moved me ( mark, mehmet and john. )

M in Montréal
M in Montréal
1 review Montreal,

The worst experience

I contacted with the company and their moving consaltant Tara (Interestinly when they emil do not put thier last names. So this the name appears in the email). I talked on the phone and told my preference day and I asked about the flat rate. As soo as I paid the deposite she sent me an email with 550$ extra charge to make me my moving day and 120$ for flat rate.
At the moving day the driver showed up 3 hrs late, we missed the elavator. The driver refused to start moving and taking the stairs. I was in third floor. Thewhole 3 hrs I was on the phone talking to their accountant, Nichole ( again no last name). Amazingly she never apologized, she spoke in the rudes manner, then she wanted to pretend I refused to move, finally asked me to sign a document to not sue the company if I want my deposit back.
After writing a review, they called me and threatened me to remove the review.

BECAUSE THEY START TELLING THAT I HAVE NOT HIRED THEM I UPLOADED THE INVOICE OF MY DEPOSIT.

Patty in Scarborough
Patty in Scarborough

Corporate Restructure Move

Moved due to corporate restructure. Needed a company that specialized in moves without problems. My move was budgeted for $5000.00 for a 4 bdrm move. My bill was under that. Furniture was wrapped as agreed, no damage. My boxes did have arrive in tact. I cannot believe the others saying bad things about this company. Just plan, plan plan.

We aim to offer you the best service possible.

A team as a whole appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review.

From your team,

DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY

DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY. Absolutely horrendous experience! 0 stars. Spend the little extra money to get an actual professional company, save yourself the hassle and stress.

I hired this company to move myself and my girlfriend from Moncton to Halifax, which entailed loading my apartment and her apartment (both in Moncton), storing our things for 1 month, and then unloading our things in our new apartment in Halifax. I had set up the initial loading day to be anytime on our before the last day of our leases. I could not have been more clear about my need to be out of our apartments on the last day of our lease, to which Tara (the customer service rep) assured me would be easily done. I had this arrangement set up over a month in advance, so was reasonably confident they should be able to follow through with their promise and so I paid the deposit to set it up.

Fastforward to THE DAY I NEED TO BE OUT OF THE APARTMENTS. We planned on getting my things and my girlfriends things midday, this got pushed to the evening. No big issue. Then they want to push it so that my girlfriends things would be picked up late at night, and my things would likely need to be picked up early the next morning. I now have to plead with my landlord to let me keep my things in my apartment longer than we agreed, to which I was able to do. I then get an update that they will be picking my girlfriends stuff up at around 1 in the morning, and my stuff at around 6am. This is absolutely ridiculous at this point, but it's really all I have since I have to be out of my apartments so I agree. Its now 4:30pm the day I need to be out of my apartments, and I get a TEXT FROM THE DRIVER telling me he CAN'T DO IT ALL. I'm now completely screwed, with no movers only hours before I legally have to be out of my apartments. I'm calling move-me again and emailing over and over to NO ANSWER! They won't answer my calls or emails, and even disconnect the phoneline so I can't leave a message! So now not only do I have no movers, I can't even get ahold of them to get my deposit back.

They should be ashamed that this is how they conduct business, completely unprofessional and ridiculous. I was nothing but civil the whole time, accommodating their scheduling screw ups up until the point where I was fine with having my things picked up in the middle of the night, so long as it got done. They should have known they couldn't get my things when I wanted way in advance and told me to find someone else, instead they completely screwed me and then wouldn't answer my calls or emails. Never use this company.

Hi Sean,

We did offer a resolution in which you graciously accepted.

We are quite surprised to see such a review from you.

In response to your review ...

We want to start off by sincerely apologizing for your negative experience with our company last month. Striving to present top-notch customer service is our motto!

Here at Move Me Again Transportation, we've undergone numerous changes and have since improved.

It is reviews such as yours that provides our company the ability to learn from our mistakes in hopes to create a better client experience in the future.

Happily we announce this is an isolated incident.

Thank you and we hope you will grant us the opportunity to improve your image of us.

Sincerely,
Move Me Again Transportation Inc. Team

Akeel in Scarborough
Akeel in Scarborough

good job

Interstate move from New Brunswick to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
i moved a lot of times with moving companies in the past. This was the best experience so far. The crew was on time, organized and they were very professional.

Hello Akeel,

Cross Country Moves are 1 of the many specialty of ours. Nice to know we exceeded on providing stellar service.

Don't hesitate to call us again,

Jacklib in Scarborough
Jacklib in Scarborough

Deserves 10 stars x 2 billion Thank Yous

I moved from Nfld to Ontario. My move was last minute due to a new job. Although my quote was lower than the invoice, I am pleased. Don't understand why people are not giving 5 stars? The office staff are informative. Movers are patient, helped me with packing. Yes It came at a cost. No damages. The delivery date was 1 day earlier then informed. On my next move, I will call you guys again.

Hi Jacklib,

Wow, more than 5 stars?! We are tickled pink!

We look forward to your call,

Muhammed Emin in Toronto
Muhammed Emin in Toronto

Carefull movers

I liked how u worked. U did not broke anything . They cover the floor with good protection. They have a new truck and and they carried everything by themself . I did not worry about anything. If i move again u will be the first person that i am going to call.

Thanks Muhammed, we appreciate your praises! Yes, we are only a phone call away! You were a delight to work with.
We look forward to your next move - until then, enjoy fond memories in your new home.

More about Move Me Again

At Move Me Again, we strive to offer a reliable and efficient moving and packing service at updated cost so that we can meet and exceed our customer’s expectation. We have a motivated team of friendly, uniformed professionals with safe transportation to ensure the safety of your personal belongings. .
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Toronto?