Dr. Duct

Reviews for Dr. Duct

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Duct cleaning

I was very satisfied dealing with Dr. Duct. Excellent service from beginning to end. The tech was polite, knew what he was doing and taking about. The house was protected with carpet and a drape put in the door. When the tech left the house was clean. I had my ducts cleaned before but none of the others came close to Dr. Duct. Very happy with the whole process. Will call them again. Thank you.

Chris Henderson in Ottawa
Chris Henderson in Ottawa

Duct Cleaning

I was very impressed with the whole process of dealing with Duct Dr. from the initial call to having a tech at my house within my tight time frame before I moved my next tenant in. These guys are definitely on my list of contractors that will re-use in the future. Wish you all the best.

Karolynn in Ottawa
Karolynn in Ottawa

Prompt & Clean

Quick service. Was able to have an apt book within 2 days of calling. Technician was helpful at pointing out energy saving options that i could do. Very clean and careful not to damage anything.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Good service

The guys from Dr Duct were very professional and courteous.
They protected the floors and corners. They told me in advance what exactly they would do and how long it would take. The pricing was also clearly explained, in advance. They will ask you mid way through about optional services like s spray coating inside the ducts or clearing the dryer vent. Low to medium pressure on that offer.

Great to hear from you, thank you for your review!

Christopher in Scarborough
Christopher in Scarborough

Job well done

The two guys were polite, clearly explained everything before beginning their work, made nice neat holes where they required access, neatly fitted covers into the access holes, and cleaned up after themselves. We are very satisfied with the work.

wendy and roger in Ottawa
wendy and roger in Ottawa

Duct cleaning

Blackburn Hamlet Homeowners
2017/12/18
Awesome experience with Dr. Duct. They were extremely understanding of our situation, and came quickly to resolve our problems. Our technician was great. Very friendly, knowledge, and he provided excellent customer service.He explained explained everything he needed do, and gave us a breakdown of our costs upfront. He gave us great tips on the types of filters we should use on our furnace to meet our needs, and the maintenance of our furnace. We saw on his camera how the system worked, and how clean our ducts were. They also went the extra distance to call us a few days later to make sure everything was okay so we could celebrate Christmas in our home with our family. Wonderful!!!!. We have already recommended to our family and friends. Thanks again for all your help. Great Job!!!!!

Canadian in Ottawa
Canadian in Ottawa

Great service

Everyone I talked to set up the cleaning and the employees that arrived to clean our ducts were great. The techs were knowledgeable and friendly. Would defiantly you dr duct again.

MJ in Paradise
MJ in Paradise
1 review Paradise, NL

Great job and great service.

I realized a week or so before Christmas that our ducts and fireplace needed cleaning. While they were booked solid, they made a genuine effort to accomodate our timelines. Both crews were polite, respectful of our home and did a great job. They explained every expense and we are very satisfied. Will be going back.

Thanks, We are very glad to hear about your experience

IV from New Westminster
IV from New Westminster
2 reviews New Westminster, BC

Duct cleaning (20 vents)

Be aware that there will be a few add-ons to the initial quote. For instance, the vertical part of the furnace (+ $80) was neither mentioned nor included in the initial quote for furnace clean-up ($199 / 12 vents + $10 per additional vent). The employees were polite and well-mannered and appeared to have done a good job.

We appreciate your review. I believe we have some misunderstanding on your invoice, Furnace plenum cleaning is $39 and I can see is shown on your invoice. Furnace cleaning is an option, because it is often not required and would be unfair to charge every homeowner for services they don't need.

Please contact us at the office if you have any further concerns or questions.
Thank You!

Private User reviews Wendover, ON

System is cleaned, but cost an extra 60%

Overall, I'm very happy with how clean the system is. I got to look at their camera while they were cleaning them and saw the debris get sucked into their vacuum. Their setup was good, they put in good effort to reduce the noise of their equipment, they put a curtain in my doorway to reduce loss of heat and protected my floors and wall corners. The workers were very polite and professional. They pointed out an issue with my furnace which was fixed by a HVAC company shortly after, and gave me recommendations to make my system a little more efficient. For these reasons, I give the service 4 stars.

I am, however, disappointed in the cost of the service. I was quoted a certain price a week before the job but that quickly changed when they got to my house. It cost me 60$ just to cut 3 holes in my supply/return ducts.. something that I could have done myself had I known to begin with. They also charge extra to drive their whip down the supply/return plenum.. yet only took minutes to complete. One of my return ducts was not cleaned. I showed them where it was located, and to remove the cap since I blocked it off due to excessive dust. I didn't notice it wasn't done until after the fact.

I accepted these charges because I absolutely needed my system cleaned after 6 months of renovations and we're days away from having a baby.
For these reasons regarding costs, I may recommend this company but will advise those interested to make sure their quote is as accurate as possible to avoid surprises.

Thank you for your review. As discussed during your appointment, in some cases new renovations will cover the access panels from previous cleaning and new ones will need to be installed. The cost includes the labour and new material to seal the holes after the cleaning. This is usually only a one time fee, in this particular case the previous duct cleaner did not create access in any supply duct. In order to keep costs fair for everyone, Furnace plenums are not included in the base price, as many homeowners have new furnaces and is not required. Some pipes (supply or return) may be cleaned from the furnace end and not the open side depending on the situation.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the office.
Thank you!

More about Dr. Duct

Air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, dryer ducting repair, bathroom/kitchen vent cleaning, furnace air filer sales, air exchangers/heat recovery ventilator cleaning, kitchen hood exhaust system cleaning, attic insulation removal, central vacuum cleaning, and chimney cleaning.