Durham Covers

Port Hope ON L1A 2X8

Reviews for Durham Covers

Covers in Port Hope
1 review Port Hope, ON

Thank you Paul for ordering & delivering our new hot tub cover. Your company Durham Covers is a great service, easy to use & very friendly. We can't wait to use it & save on some Hydro costs.
Carla

Don in Kingston
1 review Kingston, ON

Found Durham Covers on Kijiji. One phone call and Paul knew my exact model of spa. Transaction was done electronically - very easy. Cover arrived as promised (Paul checked in to ensure delivery) and was a perfect fit. Looks great. Highly recommend Paul and Durham covers.

Thanks for the review and I look forward to helping you with another cover in 5 to 7 years

Joe in Pickering
6 reviews Pickering, ON

I required a new hot tub cover. Spoke with Paul at Durham Covers and after confirming the model and dimensions of the hot tub he provided the best price and warranty of the 3 quotes I researched. He was knowledgeable, pleasant and we exchanged phone numbers so he could call when the cover was ready. The cover was ready in less than a week and I received a call when delivery was going to take place. The whole process was simple, convenient and timely.
I would recommend this supplier.

Thanks for the kind comments Joe. I hope to see you in 5 to 7 years when you need another cover. Cheers, Paul

1 review Kitchener, ON

I recently moved Into a home with a hot tub that was dated. I called Durham covers and provided the make and model, and had them confirm the measurements. I was so relieved the cover size was accurate and delivered in a week. I highly recommend this company, and even recommend them to my neighbour who were also looking for a cover.

Sean McCutcheon  in Toronto

After not using our hot tub for over 5 years, we decided to get it repaired and have a new cover made. It's a 15+ year old octagonal Hydropool custom built into a natural fieldstone surround. From the initial call to Durham Covers, to the day it was delivered was 8 days. Amazing service (came to measure it within 2 days), quick delivery, really happy with the finished product/look and I even received a follow-up call to make sure everything was ok. The cover was also about $200 cheaper than another quote. I'd strongly recommend this company.

Lisa in Oshawa
1 review Simcoe County, ON

I am just puzzled by some of the negative reviews for this company. They we referred by a friend of a friend.. so naturally we thought they must be pretty good. We called.. made the appt for them to come out.. he sized up our hot tub even suggested a lifter (which we are quite thankful he did) and within 2 weeks he was back and we were in business! I only wish they had a promotion for referrals.. as all the people I have sent them love his customer service plus his workmanship..like I said 5 stars!

Colleen in Ottawa
1 review Ajax, ON

I hired them to provide a hottub cover replacement for my softtub.
I asked if they had experience with softtub and was assured that yes, they had done them "no problem". Despite their website stating they come to you and do the measurement, they did not do this - and not once offered to - RED FLAG #1. I asked what they needed to proceed (expecting that they would arrange a date to come) - RED FLAG #2 - all he wanted was the full amount email $ transferred and he'd be ordering it that weekend with delivery upon return from his vacation. I asked again what he needed in order to ensure we got the right size cover and he assured me, all he needed was the model #. Long story short - I provided the model # and the measurement of the hottub along with photos of the hottub to ensure a color match; he said yes, softtubs were all pretty standard and that they had a template for my particular model. He did not provide the specific dimensions of the measurements he needed so I measured the hottub diameter and confirmed with softub canada model. He confirmed his template matched the measurement I took. The day he was going to deliver he called and asked me to send the remainder of the money prior to his arrival - RED FLAG #3 (as I had only sent half as a deposit vs. the full amount he requested originally). Upon delivery of the product, he brought the wrong color and wrong size cover and refuses to take accountability for his mistake and placing all the blame on me the customer. He offered a lower quality cover that is designed for the larger hottub (one size up from mine) in the wrong color and obviously not designed to fit my tub and of course, for the same price as the one I ordered! RED FLAG #4 - another mistake he made and now has a cover on his hands he can't use so he'll pass it off on to me! After much back and forth, he still refuses to honor his 100% guarantee as posted on his website and I still have no cover and am out the deposit I paid up front! He wants full payment of the cover he originally brought (and he still has in his possession) and wants full payment for a second cover in the correct size - no negotiation. The only person he's interested in is himself. On the plus side, I did at least recall the second email $ transfer prior to him depositing it so at least I'm not out the full amount!
RED FLAG #5 - he doesn't list his full name or business address on his website anywhere!

Unfair and not true. I have the email trail to prove it. Colleen contacted me 2 days prior to me leaving the country for 2 weeks. I told her she could wait for me to come out and measure but it would be another 3 weeks and then 2 additional weeks for the cover to be manufactured. She did not want to wait so I asked her for the make and model of hot tub and I would check the factory templates. She told me 180 cm or 71 inches circle. I checked both factories that make hot tub covers in Canada and both had the model as 71 inches across. I then emailed her and asked her to take a tape measure and confirm the size of her tub as 180 cm or 71 inches across. Colleen emailed back and confirmed she had it as 180 cm or 71 inches across. She also emailed that she did not want the light beige or dark chocolate brown but the middle brown colour from my website. I delivered her cover that she confirmed as 71 inches across and brown. It was to small for her tub because she quoted the incorrect softub model number and she confirmed the incorrect tape measure length when I asked her to double check; she has a larger tub and refuses to realize that she has a different model number. Unfortunately, she refuses to take ownership for her mistake. I have the emails to confirm the size and colour she ordered. I offered to help her by providing her a solution that would not cost her anymore money and is actually built for the current size of her tub but she refuses. I also told her after continual harsh emails that I would still help her because I felt bad for her since she made a mistake. She refuses to acknowledge anything she confirmed in her emails. It is unfair that even though I delivered what she ordered and she has not fully paid for it, she continues to try and hurt my business further.

Kimmy G in Toronto

I needed to order a hot tub cover for my tub and found Durham Covers on Kijiji. Paul was awesome...he responded to my enquiry email quickly and went to my house and measured, manufactured and installed my cover in a week. I was extremely impressed with his pleasant and professional attitude. Definitely great service with a smile!

Thank you. I try and give everyone that level of service. Thanks again and see you in 5 to 7 years when you need another cover

Debbie Vermeulen in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

We were in need of a hottub cover and Durham Covers made it happen. Paul Mintha of Durham Covers was very helpful and would highly recommend purchasing from Durham Covers. We received our cover within 2 weeks. Highly recommend!!! Thank you "Paul"

More about Durham Covers

We sell high quality professionally fitted Hot Tub Covers, Lifters and Pool Safety Covers. If you do not know your make or model we will come out to your home to personally measure your Hot Tub or Pool ensuring a 100% Guarantee of a proper fitting cover. We pride ourselves ...