3 - 1017 W 7th Ave Vancouver BC V6H 1B2

Giving Back Award winnerGiving Back Awardwinner

Reviews for Haystack Home Inspections

Private User reviews Sherwood Park, AB

home inspection

We were looking to purchasing a home and Chris was our home inspector. This was the first home I purchased and the detail that Chris put in his home inspection help with the decision to purchase the home. I found Chris to be not only professional but approachable with questions i had with the property. He was willing to answer all the questions I had during the walk through and even after the report was sent to me. I would use Chris again if we were looking into purchasing a house in the future.

Jacklyn C in Surrey
Jacklyn C in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

1st Time Homeowner!

Chris was very professional and arrived on time. Explained the steps and the process and took his time going through every part of our new buy explaining everything in great detail. I learned so much in that 3 hours. I was impressed how prompt the report was sent back, and how detailed it was with photos and detailed explanation same as the day of the inspection. I highly recommend Chris to anyone requiring great service.

Hi Jacklyn, It is wonderful to read that you learned so much in 3 hours. Attending your inspection helps you retain more of the information in the report and make a more informed decision. Helping first time purchasers is an honour. Thanks for your business. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Hugh in North Vancouver
Hugh in North Vancouver
0 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Home Inspection

Chris inspected an apartment that I was looking to purchase. He was on-time, professional and spent an amazing amount of time looking at every aspect of the property. He read the depreciation report and provided not only comments as he walked me through the property but an extremely comprehensive written report with dozens of pictures.

Thanks Hugh, Looking at the radiant heating piped through barrel vaulted concrete ceilings was the highlight of my week. I look forward to helping you again in the future. Sincerely, Chris Thompson.

Bruce Bernard in Vancouver
Bruce Bernard in Vancouver

House Inspection

We wanted to understand the state of our In-Laws house before we rented it out. Chris was able to come in quickly and did a thorough review. I was very happy with his suggestions and report. I would definitely recommend Chris for anyone wanting a house inspection.

Thanks Chris!

Thanks Bruce, Your in-laws place will may a great rental with a little work. If you or your tenants have any questions please contact me. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

cathy in Vancouver
cathy in Vancouver

Townhouse inspection

Chris was methodical, patient and super open to questions during and after the townhouse inspection. I appreciate the detailed report he provided which included numerous photos. My realtor was present during the inspection and was most impressed. I have already recommended his good service to others.

Hi Cathy, I appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your Burnaby home inspection. Good luck with your new place. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Richard in Vancouver
Richard in Vancouver

Pre-purchase House inspection

I saw lots of great reviews about Chris online and decided to get his help to perform the inspection of a house that I have made an offer in Vancouver, and it was a right decision. Communicating with Chris is very easy from start to finish as he is very responsive . It started with me sending him an email with a brief description of the property that I need his help, and he gave me a quote and confirm the time. Pricing is very reasonable and he listed the fee schedule on his website clearly. My recommendation is to provide as much detail about the property as possible to Chris in advance. In return, he explained the process very clearly so you know what to expect.

The actual inspection is very impressive. He went through everything inside and outside of the house with lots of pictures and notes (more about that later). I showed up towards the end of the inspection and he tried to spend as much time to give me his findings / observations. There are two aspects that set him apart: 1) he is really passionate about his job and truly wants to help his customers to make informed decision, and 2) he knows what he is doing as he has real life experience in constructions. When I was searching for an inspector, there are many choices out there and also many of them treat this as a side hustle (imagine someone who a realtor or insurance agent took a course and decides to be an inspector). I feel like he cares about me knowing the house more than other parties such as my realtor.

He sent us his report the day after as promised and oh boy, it is very comprehensive. The report not only has lots of photos but they are well-organized into different chapters with lots of explanations: the type of inspection, location, condition, problem, and even the materials if applicable. His service doesn't just end there though as he would offer to answer any question I might have, which I had the day after I received the report and had my realtor to negotiate with the seller on some of the issues identified from his report. Another thing to mention is his reports are on point and fair. If there is a problem but not major, he would call that out but not exaggerate. I had hired inspectors before where they would love to make speculations when they did not know what else to say.

Overall, I highly recommend Chris. Buying a property is a major decision and you need to hire the right person to inspect the home.

Hi Richard, Thanks for such a long and detailed review of your experience dealing with Haystack Home Inspections. Sometimes clients surprise me and it is very rewarding. For many home inspection is a job, for me it is calling. I can do many things; home inspection is what I choose to do. I love helping you understand what you are about to put your life savings down on. Frankly, it is a gamble and I am here to help stack the odds in your favor. Thanks again for your warm words and I wish you luck in your new home. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Brad in Vancouver
Brad in Vancouver

Townhouse Inspection

Chris did a fantastic job on my townhouse inspection. He had great attention to detail in regards to every aspect of the place and was able to explain what he was looking for in simple, easy-to-understand terms. His reports was also very thorough, yet digestible to read. I would definitely recommend Chris to anyone looking for a high quality home inspector.

Hi Brad, Thanks for sharing. It's wonderful to read that you felt you received a high quality home inspection that was easy to understand. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Robbie in Richmond
Robbie in Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

home inspection

Chris is a very friendly, patient, and professional home inspector. As new immigrants to Canada and first-time home buyers, our knowledge about how to find a good-quality condo was close to zero. But after discussions about the findings during and after the inspection and reading the detailed report on the following day, we have gained a better understanding of what we are going to purchase. I would definitely recommend him to my friends who would also like to buy a home here in Vancouver.

Robbie, Helping first-time-buyers like yourself is always fun. Passing along my knowledge in helping you understand your potential purchase is very rewarding and something I take very seriously. Good luck. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Kelvin in Surrey
Kelvin in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Condo Inspection

Chris was very accommodating to my sudden condo inspection request and provided a very clear and informative report the day right after the inspection. He was very informative and friendly during the inspection and I would recommend his services.

Hello Kelvin, Glad to help with your sudden condo inspection and thanks for recommending my services. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

MT in Vancouver
MT in Vancouver

Great review

Chris came and took a look at an old condo. He was straight-forward about what was dire, what could wait, and what was okay. You could tell he spoke from experience. He tested every plug, poked every wall, and prodded every door. He found an issue which we we able to use to re-negotiate the selling price! Definitely a great value in this case. Would definitely use him again.

Hi MT, It is wonderful to hear you were able to renegotiate after your inspection. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

More about Haystack Home Inspections

The best inspections are performed by passionate inspectors. Buying or maintaining a home or condo can be intimidating. Get the professional guidance you need.

** Flexible workdays help accommodate your schedule.

** Extensive knowledge informs your inspection.

** Exceptional reporting aids your understanding.

** Transparent pricing assures you our best deal.

A genuine concern for your well-being and years of hands-on experience in construction, residential and commercial project management as well as extensive inspection training influence each inspection performed for you.

Home Inspection | Condo Inspection | Town Home Inspection