Haystack Home Inspections

Home Inspection
3 - 1017 W 7th Ave Vancouver BC V6H1B2
HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in New Westminster  >  Haystack Home Inspections
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Haystack Home Inspections

Aaron in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

We had a 24hr window to get an inspection done in a multiple offer situation. Chris was thankfully available and did an extremely thorough walk through. I was present at the walkthrough and Chris was able to convey all of the 'major issues' verbally so that we could proceed with our offer knowing what we were getting into. Chris also noted that if we weren't successful he would apply the cost of writing the report to our next inspection (we were successful).

Chris's report was extremely detailed and well thought out. I use it as my to do list for the property.

Finally, and most importantly when the weather started to turn cold I realized our furnace wasn't firing up properly. It was 6:30 at night and we couldn't get a hold of service company. I called Chris to see if he had any insight. He spent 15 minutes working through some trouble shooting with me and it turned out there was a power switch turned off.

Excellent service combined with a very thorough inspection made using Haystack a no brainer.

Joan in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Chris was very thorough,promt,efficient and pleasant to work with. I would highly recommend him for a home inspection,as a female he made sure I understood everything and went over it all with me. Chris's report is very thorough with pictures and explanation's. We are very happy with his service and glad we had an inspection done even though the townhome is brand new there were a lot of things that we would not have seen.

Greg from Crucial Roof Services Ltd
1 review Delta, BC

Being a roofing contractor I see 10 - 20 home inspector's reports a year. It was a couple years ago I saw one of Chris' and knew he was the best I ever saw and if ever I needed one I would call him. I've referred him to friends and just recently I personally used him to check out our new home. No surprise his service level has not changed. Incredible detail and knowledge. I just can't say enough good about him. Well worth any cost he charges. As we are Homestar’s members with our roofing company, Crucial Roof Services Ltd, we needed to have an inspection company that reflects our own high standards of customer service and attention to detail. Not only did Chris from Haystack meet, but exceeded our expectations. We will continue to highly recommend him to our friends and family and our customers.

Job Price

Thanks Greg, It is very flattering to hear how you came to use Haystack Home Inspections. I also appreciate you taking time away from your company to write such a nice review and look forward to recommending Crucial Roof Services to my clients in the future. Good luck with your North Delta home. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

1 review Richmond, BC

Chris helped us do a home inspection on a townhouse on short notice. He was very professional and knowledgeable. We were impressed with his service because he walked us through the whole home inspection and explained where the issues were. He answered all of our questions thoroughly and gave us tips for preventative measures. His report was very detailed which helped us determine what repairs were needed. With his help we were more confident with our new home purchase.

Job Price

We understand your desire for privacy and appreciate your review. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

1 review Vancouver, BC

Chris did a great job walking us through the house we were interested in buying. He gave us some insight into a number of issues with the property that ultimately led to us not purchasing the home. So in the interests of protecting your investment, Chris provided a pretty valuable service.

The report was available to us within 24 hours of the inspection, which helped us make our decision in a timely fashion, which as we all know is critical in a hot market.

Austin in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Chris was really helpful and detail oriented when inspecting a condo that we were about to purchase in Yaletown. I learned a lot from his inspection, and I highly recommend his service for inspection.

Thanks so much Austin. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Qi in
1 review Vancouver, BC

Chris recently helped me inspect a single house. The house ended up to be our new home. During the inspection, Chris invited me to join him and walk me through all the details. As a young buyer, this is a great chance for me to learn more about everything in the house.
Our house was built around 1940. Altought previous owner took good care of it, problems due to normal wearing off are inevitable. Once Chris identified those potential issues, we came up with a short priority list, so that I could plan all the work ahead with on panic.
My report was delivered next day. When I read it, I was supprised about how much details with good photo presentation were listed. This report could easily be my home owner manual.
Overall, I'm very graitful for having Chris on my side. His great service made me more confident about my purchase.

Job Price

Hi Qi, Thanks for your kind words and I am grateful you chose to have Haystack Home Inspections inspect your Vancouver property. Your new character home really has the charm of something cared for over the years and I hope you truly enjoy it. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Bob from Drainrock Industries
1 review Langley, BC

We hired Chris at Haystack to do a home inspection on a 37-year-old home that we have recently purchased. Due to the time restraint of a “subject removal” deadline he was able to squeeze us in a short time frame. He was meticulously detailed and thorough with all aspects of the home from the foundation to the rooftop. With the 2 realtors present he was able to show them certain things that needed immediate attention as well as some items that would help them in their jobs with their own clients. His attention to detail was evident when we received his 77-page report with clear and precise indications on what needed to be addressed immediately and those that could be addressed in the future. We truly believe a home inspection is imperative to any home purchase as it is the most important purchase you will make. We feel completely confident that we made the right decision with our home due to the information Chris gave us.

As we are Homestar’s members with our drainage company, Drainrock Industries, we wanted to have a company that reflects our own customer service and attention to detail. Not only did Chris from Haystack meet, but exceeded our expectations. We would highly recommend him to our friends and family and our customers.

Job Price

Hi Bob, When I read your review all I could do was smile. All our reviews are precious because there is a lot of hard work that goes into getting every one of them. That said when a contractor of your quality gives a review it means just a little bit more because you understand all the behind the scenes work that goes into making the site work and reporting go smoothly. I hope Drainrock continues to flourish and good luck in your new home. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Simon in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Chris was thorough, professional and took the time to explain everything. Report was well done and with me within 24 hrs.

I'd have no problem in recommending Haystack to anyone else.

Job Price

Hi Simon, I was happy to help with your Vancouver town home inspection. Thanks for taking the time to recommend us to others. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

1 review Vancouver, BC

Had Chris inspect a 1970 home in Burnaby in April. I had a feeling it was a solid a house, but it's nearly a half century old and could be hiding a bunch of things to the untrained eye . Chris really took his time and provided me with a comprehensive assessment. The report was 69 pages and it walks you through every facet of the house. When you are spending so much money on a home these days, it is worth paying for a quality inspector who will take the time to look at the property from every angle. I was considering buying a home that was almost fifty years old and so I wanted someone to tell me what I'm really getting myself into and what needs to be immediately dealt with and what I need to keep a close eye on. Chris covered it all. Sometimes you need some time to think about things, after the fact. I had a couple of questions a day or two after the inspection and Chris got back to me, immediately. He even followed up a couple of months later!

I highly recommend Chris of Haystack Home Inspections. Worth every penny.

Job Price

Hey, Thanks so much for the review. It is so nice to hear you thought your April 9th inspection was "Worth every penny." We really strive to provide value because inspection is a passion. We love helping people understand their homes and it is nice to get feedback that is shows. Good luck with new home and call if you have any questions. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

More about Haystack Home Inspections

The best inspections are performed by passionate inspectors. Buying or maintaining a home or condo can be intimidating. Get the professional guidance you need.

** Flexible workdays help accommodate your schedule.

** Extensive knowledge informs your inspection.

** Exceptional reporting aids your understanding.

** Transparent pricing assures you our best deal.

A genuine concern for your well-being and years of hands-on experience in construction, residential and commercial project management as well as extensive inspection training influence each inspection performed for you.

Home Inspection | Condo Inspection | Town Home Inspection