3 - 1017 W 7th Ave Vancouver BC V6H1B2
HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in New Westminster  >  Haystack Home Inspections

Reviews for Haystack Home Inspections

1 review Delta, BC

V6H 1B2

Chris was prompt in replying and accommodating in scheduling. His reports are thorough and clear and identified the issues important in making a purchase decision. Definitely recommend Chris to others. JH

Hi J, It is nice to hear you are happy with your Richmond town home inspection. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Nehana in Toronto
Nehana in Toronto
1 review Vancouver, BC

Great service, very efficient and thorough!

V6H 1B2

I contacted Chris to get an inspection done on a potential condo I was looking at buying. I needed the inspection done within a short time period. He made it work without a problem. After he was done, he sent me a detailed breakdown of the inspection. It was easy to read and understand. He was also available to answer any questions I had. Very good service, I would use him again.

Hi Nehana, Thanks for your feedback and letting Haystack Home Inspections help with your Langley condo inspection. We look forward to helping you in the future. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

1 review North Vancouver, BC

Very informative and helpful

I used Chris for two home inspections in June, 2017.

I was buying a new townhouse, and didn't really think it necessary to have a home inspectrion for a new build. I'm glad I went with Chris. Despite being a new build, he was able to document several deficiencies (crack on the front door, shower not draining, etc) that I wouldn't have noticed on a walk through. My realtor was then able to use these as a negotiating point with the developer.

Chris also did an inspection on the condo I was selling. I believe having the inspection report available for potential buyers helped the condo to sell quickly and above the asking price. It also helped me as a seller to do a few small repairs prior to sale.

Hi J, Thanks so much for your feedback. It is nice of you to relay the benefits of a pre-listing inspection and I am glad it worked well for you. Getting a quick close and over asking price is always a good thing for sellers. As you mentioned getting inspections on new homes and town houses is important, we record a number of deficiencies each time. Some of these are just small items and usual suggested upgrades, the issues of concern are the ones that will cause further damage as time passes. There have even been a couple major issues on new builds caught this year, thankfully not on your place. Good luck in your new North Vancouver town house. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Upmost Professional, Detail Oriented, Friendly Service

V6H 1B2

Haystack Home Inspections was recommended to me by a trusted friend and I would happily pay that recommendation forward. Professional service, a detailed and thorough inspection (including an extensive and easy to follow PDF) and overall very friendly and approachable service. Look no further, 10/10!

Hi C, Thanks for your feedback and Haystack Home Inspections looks forward to helping your friends in the future. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Devan Wiebe in Vancouver
Devan Wiebe in Vancouver

First Time Home Owner

I'm a first time condo buyer and Chris made the entire inspection process significantly less stressful and overwhelming than I expected. He took time to explain what he was doing and was quick to answer all of my questions. His inspection report was excellently laid out and clear. I would certainly recommend his services.

Hi Devan, It is heartwarming to hear that Haystack Home Inspections made your purchasing process significantly less stressful. Good luck with Vancouver condo. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Fifi in North Vancouver
Fifi in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Home inspection

Chris has helped me twice with home inspection. The first time was back in 2014 when I purchased our first house which was a 30+yr old house. His inspection was very thorough. I just sold this house and saw that the other inspector ordered by the buyer was kinda cutting corner, he didnt check the attic nor crawlspace......which made me realized how good Chris is.
The 2nd time was when I purchased an almost 20yr old condo...again, he spent a lot of time to check in and out of the unit....

If I were to buy another property, I will definitely hire him again.

Hi Fifi, You are so right, too often home inspectors are cutting corners. Unfortunately, real estate agents often reward them for this kind of behavior by giving them future referrals. Always research your home inspector because real estate in Vancouver and the lower mainland is too expensive cutter corners. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Tony in Richmond
Tony in Richmond
1 review Delta, BC

home inspection review

totally satisfied with the work and details, especially the follow up by Chris. Also Chris went beyond the the review and gave suggestions on improvements. He was also courteous and a pleasure to work with.

Thanks for your kind words Tony. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Sharleen in New West
Sharleen in New West
1 review Burnaby, BC

Condo Inspection

I'm a potential first-time home buyer and I had a great experience with Haystack Home Inspections. It made me realize that having an inspection brings a lot of peace of mind to the home-buying process. I contacted Chris about a fairly short-notice condo inspection and he was very accommodating.

I thought there wouldn't be much to a condo inspection, but Chris pointed out a lot of things I had never thought to look for. I was present during the inspection and he took the time to answer my (very) numerous questions without ever seeming annoyed or in a rush. He also helped review documents such as strata minutes and depreciation reports that I was provided by the realtor. Chris made recommendations for maintaining the property in the years ahead as well, which I found very helpful.

We live in a housing market that—for most of us—is very difficult to get into. There's so much competition and such large amounts of money involved that it often feels like people will only tell you what you want to hear. It's not that way with Chris; he'll be upfront with you and help you weigh the pros and cons of your potential purchase. I ended up not buying the condo but I will absolutely contact Chris again when I'm ready to make another offer on a property. He's courteous, professional, and very thorough.

Hi Sharleen, "It often feels like people will only tell you what you want to hear" is a very diplomatic way of describing the uglier side of real estate. Anytime a building has two depreciation reports within a year of each other there should be cause for concern. What happened before the reports were release is shocking. Gossip aside the fact that a building may need substantial work is not the issue, the issue making you aware of it and how should it effect the purchase price. When you find a more appropriate place, it will be our pleasure to help you. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Sherry in Vancouver
Sherry in Vancouver

Home inspection

Chris was very knowledgeable. He walked us through the whole house pointing out the good and bad. The inspection took a few hours but time well spent. He also gave us a detailed easy to read report that we still reference.

Thanks Sherry, It is wonderful to hear that you are still using your Maple Ridge home inspection report as a reference. Please call with any questions that may arise. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Anju in Vancouver
Anju in Vancouver

Service

It was a delight to work with Chris. He was punctual, reasonably priced and honest. I would recommend him to my family and friends. I will definitely be using his services again. Thank you again for your excellent customer service and looking forward to working with you in the near future. Anju Parmar

Hi Anju, Thanks for the feedback on your new duplex and coach house inspection in Vancouver. While no build is perfect, many new builds require small repairs immediately after turn over. The key is to identify the issues early and assure the builder fixed them. I look forward to working with you and your family in the future. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

More about Haystack Home Inspections

The best inspections are performed by passionate inspectors. Buying or maintaining a home or condo can be intimidating. Get the professional guidance you need.

** Flexible workdays help accommodate your schedule.

** Extensive knowledge informs your inspection.

** Exceptional reporting aids your understanding.

** Transparent pricing assures you our best deal.

A genuine concern for your well-being and years of hands-on experience in construction, residential and commercial project management as well as extensive inspection training influence each inspection performed for you.

Home Inspection | Condo Inspection | Town Home Inspection