3 - 1017 W 7th Ave Vancouver BC V6H 1B2

Michaela in Burnaby
Michaela in Burnaby
1 review New Westminster, BC

Home Inspection of New West Condo

Chris was fantastic to work with from start to finish; he was able to accommodate a tight deadline around the holidays for me, and was a pleasure to work with on a first-home purchase for myself.

I could not speak more highly of Chris, in particular with regard to his professionalism, attention to detail, and responsiveness during the process. As a first-home buyer, this was an overwhelming decision but it was made that much easier since I felt so confident in the clear expertise, knowledge, and guidance that Chris provided. I was invited to attend the full home inspection process and Chris welcomed me to ask questions at several opportunities so I felt that he genuinely cared to ensure I had all the facts when making my own decision about my purchase.

I would not hesitate to recommend Chris and Haystack Home Inspections to a friend or family member!

Hi Michaela, I genuinely care about you and your purchase. Every inspection is an opportunity help someone make a difficult decision. Thanks for the feedback an good luck with your first home. Sincerely, Chris

Monika in North Vancouver
Monika in North Vancouver

Service

Service was recommended by my agent and good thing because Chris did a very thorough and informative report of the property we were looking at purchasing. Friendly and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend Chris's services to anyone looking for a property inspection.

Thanks Monika, Your recommendation is appreciated. Sincerely, Chris

Mauro in Surrey
Mauro in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Home Inspection

Chris provided a very clear and detailed home inspection for my girlfriend and I. As a first-time home buyers, I found much of his advice to be very informative and valuable. The price of his services was very competitive and well worth it.

Hi Mauro, It was a pleasure helping with you first-time condo purchase. While your girlfriend was unable to be at the inspection I am glad that the report was helpful for the two of you to ultimately reach your decision and look forward to helping you with your next time around. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

YP in Burnaby
YP in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Townhouse Inspection

Having Chris inspect the townhouse we were planning to purchase was a pleasure. He was very friendly and accommodated our tight schedule, including preparing and sending us his full report (with many photos) the same day as the inspection (since our subject removal date was the next day). The summary tour at the end and his explanations were very helpful. Several times he has offered to answer more questions at any time -- we feel that he genuinely cares and wants to help. We were able to negotiate with the buyers to reduce the sale price a small amount ($2000) because of the information we learned from his inspection.

Hi YP, Thanks for getting in touch. It is great to hear you were able to renegotiate a $2000 reduction after the inspection. The owners of the town home you bought thought I did such a good job of the inspection for you they ended up hiring me to do the detached house they were buying. So thank you for the informal referral. Good luck in your new space. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

laura in Vancouver
laura in Vancouver

Haystack is excellent

I used Chris for two inspections just recently and am relieved and happy I did. He saved us from buying a money pit. Chris is very professional, prompt and knowledgeable. He was able to explain things in a way that we could understand and did it with great patience. He was worth every penny. We bought our new( old ) house with total confidence. Thanks for everything Chris.
Laura - Tsawwassen

Hello Laura, I have to agree avoiding a money pit is worth every penny. Getting clients like you into the home that is right for them is what we are here to help with. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Parham in Toronto
Parham in Toronto
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Home Inspection

Chris did a fantastic job on inspecting the home we purchased. I found his name through reviews that I had read in different web sites and I am so glad that it was worth to trust him to do the inspection. He explained me about all strength and possible issues of home and sent me a report that had all information in detail earlier than I was expecting. He was so responsive to answer our questions after the inspection especially during the time that the home insurance evaluation form needed to be filled out. If you are looking for trusted home inspector, I would definitely recommend him.

Hi Parham, Thanks for letting people know about the after inspection service. Many clients like you end up calling with questions about filling out their home insurance questionnaires. Please get in touch with any further questions. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

House Inspection

Chris was referred to me by my realtor. I was planning to purchase a home but wanted to make sure it had no drainage problems, leaks,mould etc and was structurally sound. After studying his detailed report I decided not to proceed with the sale due to a number of problems I didn't want to have to remedy later. Chris is punctual,
thorough and professional.

Thanks P, Sometimes walking away is the right decision, even if you do really love the view. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

BD in Vancouver
BD in Vancouver

Home Inspection

Haystack Home Inspections came highly recommended to us. We were extremely impressed by Chris' professionalism, experience and attention to detail. Post inspection, Chris patiently and diligently took us through all his findings. Taking the time to review each item in detail, discussing recommendations in a manner that was neither intimidating or overwhelming. The process of purchasing a new home can be stressful and overwhelming. It was a breath of fresh air to deal with someone who has a great way to communicate his findings and recommendations without adding any stress or confusion to the process.
The follow-up, detailed report with images, as well as his accessibility by phone/email for questions is certainly unique and positive.
We would highly recommend Haystack Home Inspections.
-Meagan & Ben

Hi Meagan & Ben, Thanks for such a flattering review. Buying a home is stressful enough without your home inspection contributing to it. Inspections are all about relaying my knowledge to you in a straightforward easy to understand way. I am happy to hear your inspection was a positive experience. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Regina W in Vancouver
Regina W in Vancouver

Proactive, Professional, Precise

I had an exceptional experience with Chris. As a first-time home buyer everything is foreign and you don't really trust anything. Chris helped us be reinforce our purchasing decision and pointed out things that we would have never realized. For example, he noted that there was a slight bulge in the floor caused by potential residual water at some point in time. To combat this, he recommended us to use a damp mop instead of a wet mop. Throughout the inspection process he was very thorough and gave us tips and tricks around the house. For example, he provided handyman tips to fixing a wobbly toilet or why there was and how to get rid of residue in the bath tub. Chris was hired as an inspector but his phenomenal work ethic made my partner and I feel as though as he's a friend helping us out. Without a doubt, I would highly recommend Chris to my coworkers, friends and family.

Hi Regina, I really appreciate the time you took providing such an amazing testimonial. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Private User reviews Coquitlam, BC

Service

I am so thankful I hired Haystack Home Inspections to perform my inspection. Chris was incredibly thorough and knowledgeable, and very open and honest about what he found with the property. The report I received was very detailed and professional. I was able to use the findings of his report to negotiate a $7000 reduction in the asking price of the property to cover the cost of the necessary repairs. However, had I not gone ahead with the purchase, I feel I still would have walked away with more than my money's worth just on what I learned during the inspection alone. I will definitely be using Chris's services again!

Hi, It is great to read you were able to leverage your inspection to get a $7000 price reduction. As we shift into a buyer's market, I am finding sellers are much more willing to negotiate after the knowledge you gain from your home inspection. Good luck with your purchase. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

More about Haystack Home Inspections

The best inspections are performed by passionate inspectors. Buying or maintaining a home or condo can be intimidating. Get the professional guidance you need.

** Flexible workdays help accommodate your schedule.

** Extensive knowledge informs your inspection.

** Exceptional reporting aids your understanding.

** Transparent pricing assures you our best deal.

A genuine concern for your well-being and years of hands-on experience in construction, residential and commercial project management as well as extensive inspection training influence each inspection performed for you.

Home Inspection | Condo Inspection | Town Home Inspection