Dryer Vent Wizard Of York Ontario

Reviews for Dryer Vent Wizard Of York Ontario

Tracy in The Beach
Tracy in The Beach

Dryer Vent Check

It had been some time since we had checked our dryer duct and vent because we can't access the connection behind the stacked dryer. Leighton came over to check everything out including the wind speed of the air coming out of the vent on the second floor. (He had 10 steps to run through and did them all.) I was very impressed with Leighton's professionalism, how pleasant he is and how careful he was while on our property. I would highly recommend Dryer Vent Wizard.

Sab Jones in Toronto
Sab Jones in Toronto

Dead Squirrels in Dryer

After confirming that the terrible smell was definitely coming from the dryer, I did my best to scrape out the dead pest, to no avail. I needed someone who could get further inside the dryer, and be familiar with how my dryer worked. I called the retailer first, no, they only sell parts. I called parts sellers, no they wouldn't come to the home. I called animal services, no, the dead animal has to be outside the home. I called appliance services, but they don't remove dead animals. My 5th call was to a local appliance service who referred me to Dryer Vent Wizard.

Tyler (owner) made it a priority to come right away, and he was so professional. The first thing he said was, "You probably have two dead, not one. They always follow each other." Sadly, he was correct. He took before and after pictures. He sold me a pest proof dryer vent cover for outside, so that it would never happen again. There was a part inside the dryer that had been ruined by the decay that needed to be replaced, and he cleaned years of lint out that I couldn't have got to myself. Tyler was so professional from beginning to end. It was refreshing. I can't recommend this service highly enough. Now that I am familiar with HomeStars, I should be able to find the services I needed faster.

Thanks Tyler.

armstrong2008 in Toronto
armstrong2008 in Toronto

Outside dryer vent cover replacement

I tried to change the outside dryer vent cover of my dryer myself but ran into an impasse so contacted this company. Leighton arrived and installed it in a very expeditious manner. He is a very personable young man, very neatly dressed and very knowledgeable. I would strongly recommend this company.

Marnie from East York
Marnie from East York

Dryer vent moved to new location

Thrilled with the work of Leighton.
I moved the 25 foot venting to the front of the house where it was 6 feet. Leighton provided excellent service!! Had to drill through the basement wall - did a great job.
Very happy with the service. Thank you

Repeat C.
Repeat C.
7 reviews Newmarket, ON

Exceeded all expectations

On August 8 2017, I had opportunity to use Dryer Vent Wizard's services at my home in Newmarket, and was exceedingly thrilled with the quality of work and their professionalism.

Our dryer had recently stopped working, and who are we to know better, so we called the dryer repair tech to come and have a look. Turns out, it wasn't the dryer itself, it was the vent that had gotten clogged over the years. The dryer tech left it at that, and so I hit Homestars to find a company that could help with the dryer vent cleanout.

I found a bunch of duct cleaning companies that wanted to charge about $350 ish for duct cleaning, sometimes the dryer was extra $$. My local HVAC shop was $100 just to walk in the door to diagnose. And other shops were competitively priced just with limited availability for Newmarket area. With 2 kids at home, we needed the dryer working, and soon!

I called Dryer Vent Wizard and got through to Tyler (the owner), who confirmed that by random luck, a tech (Leighton) was finishing a job in the area and could see me in about 40 minutes time. Great! No, I know this isn't going to the case every time, and it was just a matter of good timing. Right time, right place. Best of all, it was only $39+tax for the service call.

Leighton came over to the house, and the first thing I noticed when he pulled up was he was driving a company car. By that I mean it was professionally wrapped / branded with the company's logo and phone #s, not just some random person driving a beat-up old Chevy.

Leighton himself came cleanly dressed in a company uniform and dress shoes. He even supplied his own shoe covers (like wellingtons) so that he wouldn't track dirt in my house while walking around.

Right from the start I could see that Leighton was a knowledgeable, skilled, informed technician. He quickly diagnosed the problem, and showed me what he had found. He provided recommendations for how to fix the problem and was able to price out the work on a written estimate. I authorized the work quoted, and Leighton got to work right away - on the spot. He brought all his own tools and equipment (it's a pet peeve of mine when a tech says "do you have a screwdriver I can use? A hammer?") , and was very thorough in testing and checking everything both before and after.

The amount of lint and water that had been building up in my dryer vent over the years was disgusting. Horrifying. Which was why the vent had gotten blocked.

What I liked about Dryer Vent Wizards was that they are equally committed to public education and information, they work with local fire departments and do Public Service Announcements to help inform homeowners on how to fix problems pro-actively, not just waiting for people to call them when there's a problem.

When I reached out to Tyler after the job was complete, he insisted I HOLD OFF on writing a review until I had tested the dryer first. "Run a load of laundry, see how well everything dries. Then go ahead and write a review if you're still satisfied." I did. I am. Thus the review.

I would certainly recommend Dryer Vent Wizard's services to others. Highly recommended!!!!

Thank you for the detailed account of your experience with us. We strive to treat every customers home as if it was our own. Our goal is to drive away from each job knowing that you are safe and that you understand how important dryer maintenance is to the well being of you and your family. The Ontario fire department responds to a dryer fire on average every 2 days. They happen more often than most people think. Thank you again for the review. I am glad we could service you before anything more catastrophic happened.

1 review Uxbridge, ON

Literally perfect service.

On time.
Honest.
Found a fire hazard from a previous install by another company and fixed it.
Friendly.
Considerate.

The service was literally perfect from start to finish. I would highly recommend this company.

Thank you for you review. We strive to eliminate fire hazards in dryers no matter how they get there. Thank you for trusting us with your safety.

Sue in Belle River
Sue in Belle River
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Dryer Vent Cleaning and repair

Leighton came on time. He was professional, friendly and very helpful. He explained everything he needed to do, ensuring that we understood exactly what work was necessary and why. I would recommend Dryer Vent Wizard of York to anyone.

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We strive to educate our customers not only on dryer safety but the importance of proper maintenence as well. Enjoy your peace of mind.

Install a new dryer vent

Professional, clean and timely. The job was done with highest quality. Would highly recommend. Quote was accurate and reasonable. Work was done clean and with highest safety standards. Was extremely satisfied.

Thank you for your rewiew of our business. Safety is our #1 concern.

Jayjay in Newmarket
Jayjay in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Dryer vent repair and pest removal

I noticed a bad smell coming from inside our dryer in the basement. So I called Dryer Vent Wizard. Tyler Johnson was able to come the next day and he carried out a thorough inspection of the dryer. He took pictures of the vent and confirmed that indeed there were a couple of chipmunks inside. He explained exactly what he would do and gave me a complete breakdown of the costs involved. He was friendly thorough and efficient and I would certainly recommend him.

Thank you for you referral. Removing rodents like chipmunks and birds is a service we regularly offer. Your new vent cover will prevent any future intrusions. Thank you for your business.

Dryer Vent Cleaning/Repair/Replacement

I had issues with my dryer not drying things quickly and the dryer sensor telling me tings were dry when they were not in addition to the steam staying in the dryer drum and turning back to water. I also had the occasional burning smell. Thinking it was only a vent cleaning, I contacted Dryer Vent Wizard as they were one of the first few search results on Google. I was not disappointed in the least. Tyler was very honest and thorough, he told me what I needed to hear, not what I wanted to hear. He told me the previous owner's DIY work was not up to code and that I was at risk of a fire. Even though it was more money than I was planning, ie. vent cleaning vs. replacement, it was something that needed to be done. He was very thorough in telling me what was wrong with the current installation and had all the parts needed to do a full replacement. It did not take long at all, under two hours and he showed me every step of the way what was wrong with each piece he removed. We have used the dryer twice since then and everything is working as it should be and in the time it should take. There is a greater peace of mind knowing everything is brand new and up to code. Thank you again.

I am glad we could help. Many DIY projects try to cut corners and costs when it come to installing dryer vents. Unfortunately they are putting their home at risk of fire and their dryer typically has a shorter life. Doing it right the first time pays for itself very quickly.You are now fire safe and energy efficient. It was a pleasure meeting you .

More about Dryer Vent Wizard Of York Ontario

Dryer Vent Wizard of York Ontario specializes in professional dryer vent cleaning, repair, installation, alteration and pest removal services. We also provide interior dryer delinting to ensure complete safe operation of your machine. Our first priority is fire prevention/ safety. Our second priority is your dryers efficiency and energy savings. ...