Dryer Vent Wizard of York Ontario

Duct Cleaning
Newmarket ON L3X 1V2
HomeStars  >  Duct Cleaning in Markham  >  Dryer Vent Wizard of York Ontario
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Dryer Vent Wizard of York Ontario

Repeat C.
5 reviews Newmarket, ON

On August 8 2017, I had opportunity to use Dryer Vent Wizard's services at my home in Newmarket, and was exceedingly thrilled with the quality of work and their professionalism.

Our dryer had recently stopped working, and who are we to know better, so we called the dryer repair tech to come and have a look. Turns out, it wasn't the dryer itself, it was the vent that had gotten clogged over the years. The dryer tech left it at that, and so I hit Homestars to find a company that could help with the dryer vent cleanout.

I found a bunch of duct cleaning companies that wanted to charge about $350 ish for duct cleaning, sometimes the dryer was extra $$. My local HVAC shop was $100 just to walk in the door to diagnose. And other shops were competitively priced just with limited availability for Newmarket area. With 2 kids at home, we needed the dryer working, and soon!

I called Dryer Vent Wizard and got through to Tyler (the owner), who confirmed that by random luck, a tech (Leighton) was finishing a job in the area and could see me in about 40 minutes time. Great! No, I know this isn't going to the case every time, and it was just a matter of good timing. Right time, right place. Best of all, it was only $39+tax for the service call.

Leighton came over to the house, and the first thing I noticed when he pulled up was he was driving a company car. By that I mean it was professionally wrapped / branded with the company's logo and phone #s, not just some random person driving a beat-up old Chevy.

Leighton himself came cleanly dressed in a company uniform and dress shoes. He even supplied his own shoe covers (like wellingtons) so that he wouldn't track dirt in my house while walking around.

Right from the start I could see that Leighton was a knowledgeable, skilled, informed technician. He quickly diagnosed the problem, and showed me what he had found. He provided recommendations for how to fix the problem and was able to price out the work on a written estimate. I authorized the work quoted, and Leighton got to work right away - on the spot. He brought all his own tools and equipment (it's a pet peeve of mine when a tech says "do you have a screwdriver I can use? A hammer?") , and was very thorough in testing and checking everything both before and after.

The amount of lint and water that had been building up in my dryer vent over the years was disgusting. Horrifying. Which was why the vent had gotten blocked.

What I liked about Dryer Vent Wizards was that they are equally committed to public education and information, they work with local fire departments and do Public Service Announcements to help inform homeowners on how to fix problems pro-actively, not just waiting for people to call them when there's a problem.

When I reached out to Tyler after the job was complete, he insisted I HOLD OFF on writing a review until I had tested the dryer first. "Run a load of laundry, see how well everything dries. Then go ahead and write a review if you're still satisfied." I did. I am. Thus the review.

I would certainly recommend Dryer Vent Wizard's services to others. Highly recommended!!!!

Job Price

Thank you for the detailed account of your experience with us. We strive to treat every customers home as if it was our own. Our goal is to drive away from each job knowing that you are safe and that you understand how important dryer maintenance is to the well being of you and your family. The Ontario fire department responds to a dryer fire on average every 2 days. They happen more often than most people think. Thank you again for the review. I am glad we could service you before anything more catastrophic happened.

2 reviews Uxbridge, ON

On time.
Honest.
Found a fire hazard from a previous install by another company and fixed it.
Friendly.
Considerate.

The service was literally perfect from start to finish. I would highly recommend this company.

Job Price

Thank you for you review. We strive to eliminate fire hazards in dryers no matter how they get there. Thank you for trusting us with your safety.

Sue in Belle River
1 review Pickering, ON

Leighton came on time. He was professional, friendly and very helpful. He explained everything he needed to do, ensuring that we understood exactly what work was necessary and why. I would recommend Dryer Vent Wizard of York to anyone.

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We strive to educate our customers not only on dryer safety but the importance of proper maintenence as well. Enjoy your peace of mind.

Professional, clean and timely. The job was done with highest quality. Would highly recommend. Quote was accurate and reasonable. Work was done clean and with highest safety standards. Was extremely satisfied.

Job Price

Thank you for your rewiew of our business. Safety is our #1 concern.

Jayjay in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

I noticed a bad smell coming from inside our dryer in the basement. So I called Dryer Vent Wizard. Tyler Johnson was able to come the next day and he carried out a thorough inspection of the dryer. He took pictures of the vent and confirmed that indeed there were a couple of chipmunks inside. He explained exactly what he would do and gave me a complete breakdown of the costs involved. He was friendly thorough and efficient and I would certainly recommend him.

Job Price

Thank you for you referral. Removing rodents like chipmunks and birds is a service we regularly offer. Your new vent cover will prevent any future intrusions. Thank you for your business.

I had issues with my dryer not drying things quickly and the dryer sensor telling me tings were dry when they were not in addition to the steam staying in the dryer drum and turning back to water. I also had the occasional burning smell. Thinking it was only a vent cleaning, I contacted Dryer Vent Wizard as they were one of the first few search results on Google. I was not disappointed in the least. Tyler was very honest and thorough, he told me what I needed to hear, not what I wanted to hear. He told me the previous owner's DIY work was not up to code and that I was at risk of a fire. Even though it was more money than I was planning, ie. vent cleaning vs. replacement, it was something that needed to be done. He was very thorough in telling me what was wrong with the current installation and had all the parts needed to do a full replacement. It did not take long at all, under two hours and he showed me every step of the way what was wrong with each piece he removed. We have used the dryer twice since then and everything is working as it should be and in the time it should take. There is a greater peace of mind knowing everything is brand new and up to code. Thank you again.

Job Price

I am glad we could help. Many DIY projects try to cut corners and costs when it come to installing dryer vents. Unfortunately they are putting their home at risk of fire and their dryer typically has a shorter life. Doing it right the first time pays for itself very quickly.You are now fire safe and energy efficient. It was a pleasure meeting you .

1 review Newmarket, ON

I had called this business when I knew our dryer wasn't working properly. I am beyond grateful that I did. Tyler was thorough in explaining what the problems were and why they should be done. I genuinely believe, if I hadn't had him come, we would have had a dryer fire fairly soon. His calm and gentle demeanor, and thorough explanations and pictures of his work afterward only proved further that this service was worth every dime!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Job Price

Thank you for your review. Your recognition of the high heat and humidity experienced in your laundry room as an issue saved you from much bigger issues. The large amount of burned lint in your dryer and the blocked vent says to me that you were very close to having a dryer fire. It is very satisfying knowing that we prevented another fire from happening. I trust you take comfort knowing that your machine is now safe and efficient. All the best to you. Thank you for your business.

I have a new very large ventilation hood which calls for two 6" vents Y-joining to a 8" vent. There was only one 6" vent for the old range cooker. The father-and-son team came to inspect the hood and the existing vent. They came back a couple of weeks later with a solution of 2 separate vents, quoted a reasonable price, and went ahead with the work. The kitchen hood has been working very well since. Later Leighton came in to check on the vent of the dryer, which was relocated from the main floor to the basement. He inspected and photographed the vent interior, quoted a fair price, changed the venting material to the proper fire safety one, very efficiently within an hour. Professional, knowledgeable, honest, efficient, and extremely polite and friendly. Markham need more small businesses like this one!

Job Price

I'm glad we could find a solution to your kitchen hood vent situation. We are energized by finding solutions to tricky jobs. We are also happy that we could bring your dryer vent up to code. We treat our customers like we would expect to be treated by a contractor.
Thank you for your business and review.

christine brown in Toronto
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

We were getting condensation in the bathroom because our contractor had previously put the dryer vent and bathroom vent together. The guy who came did a through check to see what was happening and gave an estimate for cost to be in a second vent ( which I felt was a reasonable amount). They came back when expected and did a great job and is working well with no condensation in the bathroom.

Job Price

Thank you Christine for the review. All to often we find serious issues with shoddy contractor work where they either don't know the importance of proper dryer vent installation or they cut corners and go the cheapest route. (I trust you didn't find your guy on Homestars)
It is very satisfying knowing that we can correct these problems and make you fire safe. Your dryer, bathroom and home will last much longer having your dryer installed properly. Thank you for your business.

Roxanne in Mississauga
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Had been thinking of having dryer and vent cleaned for some time and then "check dryer vent" light came on. Called Dryer Vent Wizard on a Sunday and Tyler came Tuesday morning, quickly assessed the issues and fixed everything within a couple of hours. He explained the whole process and showed me pictures of the problems including the massive amount of lint caught by the exit vent cover - it was shocking! Air flow out of the vent was also very restricted - one quarter of the strength that it was when he finished the job. He was professional, informative, efficient and clearly very knowledgeable. I called the right person for this job and am very happy I did!

Job Price

Thank you for the review Roxanne. I'm glad I was able to fix your dryer situation. You should realize noticeable energy savings now that your drying time is reduced. The fix will add years to the life of your dryer. Thank you for your business.

More about Dryer Vent Wizard of York Ontario

Dryer Vent Wizard of York Ontario specializes in professional dryer vent cleaning, repair, installation, alteration and pest removal services. We also provide interior dryer delinting to ensure complete safe operation of your machine.Our first priority is fire prevention/safety. Our second priority is your dryers efficiency and energy savings. We are locally owned and operated, so we not only perform services in the local community, we are part of it.