Western Moving and Storage

HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Edmonton  >  Western Moving and Storage

Reviews for Western Moving and Storage

Carol G.  from Edmonton

Assisted Review

My move took place in two phases, the first day involved Western Moving & Storage packing and loading the majority of my belongings and taking them to Nanaimo to be stored until furtherance to Parksville. The second day Western Moving & Storage moved the remainder of my goods locally within Edmonton. My move was the best I’ve ever had, thanks to Bruce and the boys. And I’ve moved a lot! I mentioned several times over the course of the two days, how glad I was to have chosen Western Moving & Storage. I have already recommended them to a few people.

Tim & Kathleen J.  from Calgary

Assisted Review

Western Moving & Storage was wonderful to work with. All of their staff were friendly, helpful, and prompt to respond on all issues. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family to use on their next move or relocation!

Jane E. from Edmonton

Assisted Review

Moving is stressful for me, especially moving across the country for a promotion into a province that I had never been to before, with no one I knew in it. Western Moving made it easy for me – it was so stress-free and the movers were fantastic! Even when my goods were placed in the Western Moving & Storage facility for a short stay I received excellent service throughout the entire process. For my move out of storage, the Western Moving team were friendly, efficient, and really made the entire experience very comfortable. I will certainly recommend Western Moving & Storage to anyone looking for a wonderful customer experience, so thank you.

Alana from Edmonton

Assisted Review

I have been thrilled with all of the service I have received from the Western Moving & Storage team. Ted has been amazing, patient, and an excellent resource for guiding me through my move to the U.S. Tatum has been outstanding! We have both appreciated her quick responses and willingness to go out of her way to accommodate us and provide us with all of the information we have requested in a very timely manner! The Western Moving packing crew was thorough and an absolute delight to talk to! I appreciated Bruce and his team of Gail, Zach, and Lucas. They worked around my schedule and were friendly, kind, and respectful of my home and contents. In visiting with my moving crew, I learned you are an inclusive employer. As someone who has dedicated my career to supporting the inclusion of individuals with disabilities, I was ecstatic. When I spoke to Ted about it, he was humble and told me he does it because it's the right thing to do. You have an extraordinary company and we are so thrilled with our choice! Your team is top notch!!

Glen & Ruth from Edmonton

Assisted Review

For our local move within Edmonton, we found all the packers, movers, and unpackers to be very efficient and organized. Zach and Jeff packed and moved the library; Trent, McCoy, Gail and Brian packed the house, and Brian and Ameen unpacked the library and the rest of the boxes on May 14th and 15th. Bruce Gordon was in overall charge.

All the movers did a good job; Bruce and Brian in particular. Those two are obviously very experienced and were very helpful, particularly Bruce in helping Glen to arrange the furniture, place mats underneath things, and generally making sure all went smoothly. He was also concerned to leave a comfy chair for me at the house, as I needed frequent rest breaks for my back. Brian unpacked very efficiently, and put away my crystal and china as well, which was very much appreciated.

I think unpacking and shelving the library would have gone better had the men who packed done the unpacking and shelving. Ameen was very pleasant, and obliging, and asked a lot of questions (a good thing), but it was very obvious he was new to the moving business, and the books did not all go on the proper shelves (a project for me for the winter & not a major complaint).

Overall, we were very impressed with how smoothly the move went. There were very minor damages to a door and frame at the house, one plastic paper tray was broken, and a major scratch put on an oak chest (Carol is looking after the repair), but we would certainly recommend Western Moving to anyone who asked us.

Thank you to Tatum, Janice, Ted and all the movers who made moving more bearable.

Bill from Fort Nelson
1 review Fort McMurray, AB

Assisted Review

We were pleased with the overall quoting and proposal process to start with. I have used Western Moving before and have dealt with Ted LeLacheur in the past, so I was somewhat accustomed to the process. We were happy with the timelines and found that the response time from both Ted and Tatum to be very good. When we approached our load date of May 19th, 2015 we were less than pleased with the communication around that date. We would really have appreciated a follow-up email or phone call a couple days prior to the loading of our belongings, just to confirm the timing. On May 19th, 2015 I found myself going back through emails to confirm that I had the correct dates. We do realize that with May 18th, 2015 being a statutory holiday, this could have led to the lack of communication.

Kathy & Dan from Ladysmith

Assisted Review

This wasn't a "normal" move to begin with, we didn't have a lot of regular furniture or appliances that needed to be moved, rather like moving a small museum of special collectibles. Things I'd like to specifically mention are the number of very special antiques to be moved - from the 250 antique bisque dolls dating back to 1850, to the 1880s fragile wicker carriages and doll furniture, to the very large, heavy glass display cabinets (about 15), to the extensive china dog collection dating back to the 1920s (Royal Doulton, Beswick, Goebel, etc.) to the 8.5 ft. Steiff giraffe that caused quite a stir. And did I mention the grand piano? As I said – it was not a simple move.

Ted’s advice and guidance on packing early in the process were invaluable. I’m sure he wondered why he had to come out three months in advance but he was very understanding once he saw all the stuff. From the start we were confident we’d picked the right company. We were also impressed that someone from the company came out to check on how the load was going on April 28th, 2015. She was very interested in how the day was progressing and it showed that Ted was checking in, even though he couldn't himself.

Al and his crews were professional, courteous, careful, and very nice. We are very pleased with how it all went.

When Ted came out to do an estimate at the end of January, he said he really didn't have a clue as to what the weight would be because of the weird stuff (between old teddy bears that weigh next to nothing to the heavy cabinets and grand piano) but he gave me a very broad estimate of 17,000 lbs with the caveat that he couldn't go with his usual guarantee of 10% within quote. With this move, the weight was the least of my concerns as all I wanted was that my stuff was moved safely and arrived intact. Well, against his guestimate of 17,000 lbs - the actual weight came in at 17,230 lbs. Absolutely amazing.

So overall, you have a couple of happy customers here.

Gary & Susan from Kelowna
1 review Kelowna, BC

Assisted Review

The Western Moving team were prompt and careful with moving our belongings. The Van Foreman Al was professional, knowledgeable, and efficient. The laborers at both ends of the move were very capable, friendly, and conscientious. These factors made our move to Kelowna an overall great experience.

Gene from Strathmore
1 review Strathmore, AB

Assisted Review

It has been an absolute pleasure to have Western Moving do my move from Edmonton to Strathmore. The service was more than I expected, thank you to Bruce, Jeff and the Western Moving team for a wonderful move. Could not have been more satisfied.

Frank & Shirley Bell from Edmonton

Assisted Review

The movers were awesome for our local move within Edmonton. It was a move after fifty two years in the same house. The moving crew did all they could to make things easier for us.

More about Western Moving and Storage

Western Moving and Storage is an Alberta owned and operated company, that has been helping families in Alberta with their relocation needs for over 20 years. Ted and Sean LeLacheur represent the 3rd and 4th generation of the LeLacheur family to be helping families and businesses relocate within Alberta or ...