Smart Home Works

Toronto ON M3B 2R7
Owner/Manager
Customer Service [Full profile]
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Smart Home Works

Sydney in Toronto

I bought a furnace from Smart Home Works roughly 2 years ago and, long story short, it had not been working as well as it used to, as of late. Upon calling their support line, we were asked if we had changed our filters and they were confident that was the case..
A technician arrived about 40 minutes later and he changed the filter for me. The old one was DISGUSTING and there was an impressive amount of matted hair stuck to it.
He left us a few spare filters as well, since we are entitled to a free filter every year, and instructed us to change it every 6 months or so.
Thank you VERY much Smart Home Works! Your service was very much appreciated.

Julian in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

My furnace broke down all of a sudden and I gave smart home works a call to have someone come over and have a look.

They let me know the unit needed to be swapped out. No questions asked; Nice worker just got to replacing the furnace and finished in a few hours, thanked us and let us know we should make sure to schedule a filter change every year.

Bob in Toronto

Recently my wife and I purchased a home where the previous owner had purchased a new furnace from Smart Home Works just 6 months prior to us moving in. After a month of living in the house we had to call them to come and fix it because there was no gas being fed, turns out it was a defective gas regulator inside the furnace which malfunctioned and was covered by manufacturer warranty. This happened on a Thursday night in the middle of winter where it is -15c outside. Turns out I had to pay their $99+tx service fee for the technician to come out and tell me that the gas regulator was defective, that he didn't have the part, and that "someone" would call me back that evening to schedule a technician to come repair it. So Sunday rolls around, no one answers the phone, I have to shut off my water because of the risk of pipes bursting, and I wait it out till Monday. I call them Monday morning (took work off because this needed to be resolved) and they tried to tell me that it would be Thursday until someone could come fix my issue, and not only that, I would need to pay another $99+tx! So I fought with them and someone came and fixed my furnace that Monday because I had made a point of how ridiculous this experience already was. So a month goes by, guess what, my furnace is doing the same thing! This time it looks like the condensation pipe was full of water and not releasing, after emptying it and clearing another tube inside the furnace I got it to fire up again. I called them up today and asked them to come fix their shotty installation since it is completely unreasonable to expect a customer to have to do this much troubleshooting on a furnace that is less than 1 year old. They told me it would cost $99+tx again and there is no way around it since if the installation was wrong it would have not been working immediately after it was installed. Do not ever buy or have these people service your equipment, they will not provide you any service guarantee or warranty even on their own work under 1 year.

Tomas in Edmonton
1 review Oshawa, ON

- Called company's main number at 8am for inspection.
- Inspector arrival: 9:30, as scheduled.
- Old furnace was damaged, not repairable.
- Old air conditioner was inefficient.
- Installed both AC and new heater by 5pm, nothing to clean for me - the basement was very neat and side of the house too!!
-Provided me with free humidifier, as a thank you.

Martin in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Daughter noticed the heat was not working at 8 am before school... basically called the first company who answered the phone and had the pleasure of dealing with Smart Home Works.

They sold me a brand new furnace for about the same price as others I quoted while the installer was on his way... The installer, Joe, did a great job preparing the site of the old furnace for a new one with a shopvac... I couldnt believe the dust and rust that was under there.

We are happy to say we have no regrets in going with Smart.

Rashad in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

I woke up to a freezing cold bedroom this morning. The furnace we got from Smart Home Works was still under Goodman's warranty so I Googled Smart Home Works and found their phone number easily.

The person who answered the phone, before 9 AM even, was polite and understanding. She made sure a repairman could be at my house during my lunch hour.

Andrew was very helpful - I met with him at my house at noon, he quickly discovered some of my heat exchanger was cracked. He then left and came back with a new furnace before my lunch was over. I left him at my place to finish installing the new furnace, and came home from work to a warm house. I showed him the way out through our garage before leaving back for work, and he made sure not to lose my cat.

Great job Smart Home Works

Richard in Wilmington

Smart Home Works provided us with valuable service almost immediately, once we needed our furnace fixed during the coldest weather I can remember dealing with.

The repairman showed up in less than 1 hour and even gave us a free filter. I vaguely remembered being told by the Sales rep a few years ago that a yearly tune-up is included, along with a new filter, every year.

Thanks for being reliable! A+

Job Price

Thanks for your review, Richard! We wish you a great holiday season!!

Winter is here, and I am glad I had one of your reps come and have a look at our furnace. Unfortunately, I was not at home, but my wife advised me that he was very professional and knew his profession. We have now gotten your services, and being able to save us money is a always a bonus. But all in all, great service.

Job Price

We appreciate your feedback - Please don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need anything else!

MikhailK in Burlington
1 review York Regional Municipality, ON

I bought a new furnace just over 1 year ago from Smart Home Works and it has helped me save money on energy.

After a friend recommended a new Ecobee thermostat or nest thermostat that can "learn" your habits and help to decrease costs further, I called Smart and bought the thermostat online (i saved about 20$ buying it online vs Smart)

They installed a thermostat i bought online and even cleaned my furnace as a "thank you".

No, thank YOU Smart.

-Mike

Hello Mikhail,

Thanks for your review of our services. We are happy to hear you saved money on your thermostat! We look forward to seeing you next year for your furnace tune-up.

Stu-Chang in Toronto

We have had the same furnace for over 14 years and a hi-efficiency furnace was becoming a must. The fact that we can save energy while also saving money made getting an upgrade a nobrainer.

My wife and I are 100% satisfied with the installer who came to our house. He put out tarps to walk on, he called to ask where he should park before turning off the engine.

After I found them on Facebook and called the number on there, a Smart Home Works installer came and installed our new hardware - all within 7-ish hours. Smart Home Works' representative let us know that another technician will come at this time, next year, in order to change our filter and clean the hardware and allow it to work as quietly and efficiently as it does today.

Stuart

Stuart,

Thank you very much for your Smart Home Works review. It is very much appreciated! Please don't hesitate to contact us for any HVAC needs!

More about Smart Home Works

Smart Home Works provides leading heating and cooling equipment to homeowners. We are one of the fastest growing HVAC providers in North America. Our mandate is to provide homeowners with the smart way to heat and cool their homes.