Tankless Experts

Water Filtration & Purification

Reviews for Tankless Experts

My tankless water heater suddenly stopped working. I reviewed the manuel for any troubleshooting advice, but nothing seemed to work. I wasn't sure what to do, so I called Tankless Experts and spoke with Kyle. He provided some suggestions, including checking the vent, which was the issue. He really helped me out without even knowing who I was. Would certainly recommend.

EM in Toronto

After moving into our new home, we discovered a number of "deficiencies" that the home inspector mysteriously overlooked. :-O The latest was the extremely undersized hot water heater that had been barely heating our water, radiant floors, and driveway. I'd contacted a few companies earlier in the year to have it looked at -- trying to stay ahead of disaster -- but I was given a lot of talk about how they'd need to replace a lot of the pipes (told me they were a recalled brand, which they weren't) and most likely have to turn off the gas for several days to correct some code violations...all for a huge amount of money. We decided to do some home fixes to give us time until we could find the right person. A few days ago, the hot water quit altogether. I called a few more large companies, and the only one that sounded competent about the work was booked out 3 weeks. Happily, in another search, we found Tankless Experts. I called Kyle and he talked very knowledgeably about our problem -- much more so than the other companies -- and he was here within a few hours to look at it. He said repairing the tank was really not advisable -- very expensive and it actually wasn't the right equipment for our purposes. The previous owners had installed it themselves, and this particular model was meant for much smaller volumes; so given the actual usage, it pretty much ran through its 10-year life expectancy in about 3 years. So Kyle carefully explained what needed to be done, gave us a quote, and was back the next afternoon to do the work. Two days later, we have hot water, hot floors, and -- as a bonus -- he rerouted our furnace exhaust and brought it up to code. I would highly recommend Tankless Experts if you're looking for tankless water heating.

Mark in Toronto

Very knowledgable. Quick response. Great price - far less than the quote from our preferred supplier. Good install. Needs to communicate more clearly. Would recommend him in an instant. There was some confusion as to whether he was coming back to tidy up, which he did the next day & also gave me a run down on the usage & maintenance. In part due to my son being onsite for the install. The Navien waterheater is by far the best on the market. We owned a Bosch 10 years ago. Moving on.

Rory Hustler from Grimsby
1 review Grimsby, ON

Kyle was excellent. Professional, and hard working.
We had a tankless water heater installed improperly by another company, 2 years prior to Kyle coming in and finding the problem. It never worked properly and we did not know it was not installed correctly and it was ruined. He took video and sent it to the manufacturer. He got it replaced by the manufacturer and installed the new one extremely efficiently.
We have not had a problem since.
Thanks, Kyle for looking after our bad situation and making it right!!

Anna Tyson from Toronto

Tankless Experts gave us excellent service and was able to fix a fairly complex problem. We had three other companies work with us before Kyle from Tankless Experts was able to properly diagnose the issue with our tankless water heater and high efficiency heating system. Tankless experts actually replaced our tankless water heater two years ago and we have not had an issue since. They come twice a year to check and maintain the systems. This is a great company that I would recommend as they really take the time to investigate and properly diagnose problems that are being encountered.

Nim from Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Clean, Prompt, Professional, no games, no tricks. Kyle is amazing. He works to understand our needs, establish the right product, future proof by asking the right questions. He's on time to the site for install and does everything by the book. Not just to code, he exceeds the code where it deserves extra attention to detail. I've used Kyle many times before and he's my first call for any Tankless need. His prices are very reasonable and he's constantly focused on creating value for his clients. Thank you Kyle. Keep up the high standard you've created and no-one can ever be called your competition. You are a brand on your own!

Niraj from Mississauga

I am very satisfied with the workmanship and the installation. I recommend Tankless Experts services. I will use this service in future as well when needed. The price was very reasonable and compatible.

Shelley Kelly from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

I noticed early one winter morning that we had no hot water and after trying to troubleshoot myself called/emailed Kyle. He was prompt in his response and was there within hours. He figured out the problem and replaced the tank. He was a great worker, efficient and polite. We would not hesitate to call him in future if problems should arise.

Miranda Wheatstone from Toronto

We have a tankless hot water system that supplies hot water for both the domestic water and the rads used to heat the home. While we had domestic hot water, the heating system wasn't working properly and then stopped working at all. I called Tankless Experts Sunday just before dinner and they had a technician out later that night to fix what ended up being a faulty valve. They were quick to respond, professional and got the heat back on.

Danny H Cabral from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

I contacted Kyle through the navien website for recommended service techs a couple years back. He wrongly diagnosed the problem as my gas line being undersized even though all manometer readings were within recommended range. I upgraded my gas line ($700) to meet his specs and had the same problem. Called him back, this time he replaced 2 sensors and the computer board. Parts were covered under warranty, but his two service fees were over $300.

The original installer (not tankless experts) drastically undersized the gas line. 50'+ of 3/4". The maximum allowable pressure drop is 1"WC. Your pressure drop was over 2.5". any gas tech could see the obviousness of the original installers error. we passed on the recommendation from Navien, the manufacturer that they would not send out new parts until the correct gas pressure was delivered to the heater. The lack of gas pressure caused premature failure to the gas/ air pressure sensors and led to an incorrect fuel to air ratio. Even though the problems were caused by not following the manufacturers written instructions, navien still honoured the warranty and sent us out the affected components under warranty. We replaced the components, restored the hot water and charged $140. Perhaps you should contact the original installer and voice your concerns to them.
Regards,