I had shutters done in August, 2015. It has been thru 2 winters and still good. It is an 1800 sq ft two story house. All windows except bathroom and patio door.
Originally we wanted vinyl. PC Shutters pushed the wooden shutters. We went with wooden. They were the same price as vinyl in 2015 (pricing for vinyl changes with crude oil prices).
If doing it over we would go vinyl - found out afterwards that wood shutters require slightly more maintenance than vinyl.
They are not rock bottom cheapest, more middle. Comes with great reviews from various local Toronto forums.
Here is my experience:
- answered the phone or returned the call quickly
- came on time for quote appointment
- came on time for installation appointment
- proper one-day installation - in a previous house another vendor had to come back multiple times
- had an issue with one shutter in the winter, they answered the phone and sent someone right away to correct the issue
- I would recommend them and would use them again