Home Inspection
Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Reviews for Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Annie in Pickering
Annie in Pickering
1 review PICKERING, ON

House Inspection

Peace of Mind Home Inspections was recommended to me by my realtor when I put a conditional offer on a house. While I had a number of friends and family who were familiar with construction, electrical, and plumbing issues, I'm glad I choose a professional company for the inspection. Don McKechnie's approach was both methodical and thorough. He highlighted a number of concerns, which were then documented in pictures and a writen report. This allowed me to not only renegotiate the price, but prioritize the work which the house required.

I'd highly recommend Peace of Mind Home Inspections, they definitely lived up to their name.

I enjoy my job so much and love to help people who really need and understand what I can do for them!

Gary Haigh in Oshawa
Gary Haigh in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Condo Home Inspection and Renovation in Oshawa

Don McKechnie of Peace Of Mind Home Inspection did a home inspection on my condo in Oshawa. Don is very thorough and pointed out many items that needed repair. At the time I was living in Atlanta, GA area so I did not know who to call to renovate my condo. Don got all of the materials to fix up the condo and the experienced plumber, painter, electrician, and handyman to do the job. All the repairs coordinated by Don were completed in one day and the work was top notch. The painting was completed in two days. In my opinion, Don is the best in home inspection and he has the best team in place for any home renovation work. He is simply the best.

It was a pleasure working with Linda and Gary, they put there trust in me and my knowledge of the building trades. I enjoy coordinating repairs for my clients after we do the initial inspection, our service does not end when the inspection is done, especially if our client require help finding reliable tradesmen.

Steve in Oshawa
Steve in Oshawa
1 review Whitby, ON

Pre-Purchase Home Inspection

I'm extremely happy I chose Don for my pre-purchase home inspection. Don was the first person on the scene, and already hard at work inspecting the roof when we showed up. He did an excellent job at showing us the problems with the house and was able to explain how serious each problem was, along with how to best go about repairing it. He was extremely thorough in his inspectation, and found many things I would have never known about. Don's inspectation brought a couple things to light that I was able to make conditional in the sale of the home, which saved me quite bit of money (several times more than what I paid for the inspection). With this being my first home purchase, I'm extremely happy I had someone as knowledgeable and personable as Don to walk us through the inspection in such detail. I would highly recommend Don to anyone looking for a quality home inspectation and will most certainly use his services again in the future.

Thanks for the review Steve, it is always a pleasure to work with people like yourself, it is scary buying your first home and I enjoy helping people through the process, and remember our service doesn't stop here we are always available for consultation on repairs and renovations.

Cathy of Whitby
Cathy of Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Home Inspection

Don was very helpful with the home inspection. He didn`t mind that we were asking him questions every minute. He pointed all the things that needs to be done now to prevent future expenses and other things that we have to do in the future. Very thorough and detailed with the information and gave us amazing tips which is very appreciated since it`s our first time buying a house. We appreciate the way he was talking to us and very patient in answering hundreds of questions. I would recommend Don to any one. Thanks a lot Don!
Catherine and Ivan

Thank you for the review. It is always a pleasure to work with clients who ask many questions and it doesn't matter how many questions are asked when you are making the largest purchase of your lives. We appreciate your opinion, thanks again!

J.P. Hornbrook in Oshawa
J.P. Hornbrook in Oshawa
1 review OSHAWA, ON

Home Inspections

My experience with Don was excellent in every way. He was on-time (early), his price was appropriate and he was extremely comprehensive in his inspection, pictures and report.

I would highly recommend Peace of Mind to anyone who wants to be confident that they are hiring a home inspector who will work to make sure that you, as the home buyer, have a full understanding of the home that you are thinking about purchasing.

What can I say I love my job, and like working with people who understand that we can only report on things that are accessible, it was great working for JP in his search for a new home for his family.

Travis & Roberta Watts in Oshawa
Travis & Roberta Watts in Oshawa
2 reviews Cavan, ON

Home Inspection

I was impressed with the thoroughness and professional systematic approach to our home inspection. Don McKechnie was on time and hard at work when I arrived. He led me through the inspection of the home pointing out areas of a home I never knew existed. A perfect score as he far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend Peace of Mind to friends, family and anyone looking to find out all the details of a home, before they make the choice to move in. Dons knowledge of industry standards, code and building best practices were clear. The detailed report and over 100+ images gave us a clear platform to move forward.
Thanks again to Don for truly giving my family Peace of Mind

I love my job and it makes it so much easier when I am dealing with people who do the research on their home inspector before hiring one. Most people understand the restrictions that we work under, not allowed to move furniture, lift carpets, etc. I am so glad to help people find the right fit for them when they are buying, hopefully a long time home for their family.

Laura in Whitby
Laura in Whitby
1 review WHITBY, ON

Home Inspection

Don was recommended to us by two other people who had great experiences working with him. He inspected two houses for us and was extremely thorough during both inspections. He clearly explained his concerns and how things needed to be changed or fixed, and he also pointed out positive aspects of the houses, during both our inspections. We appreciated the way he talked to us during the inspections, for this allowed us to ask lots of questions and take notes. He then gave us a CD of photos and a report, which he walked us through at the end of the inspections, to recap and offer a visual reminder of what we saw and learned during the inspections. He also gave us a summary of the major concerns which helped us prioritize and budget for future repairs, and ultimately make confident purchase decisions. Thanks Don for your great work!

Unfortunately in our business we are faced with doing more than one inspection for the same home buyers in a short period of time, as the first house may have revealed problems that the seller and buyer could not mutually agree upon how to resolve the issues. We do the same diligent inspection on every house.

John in Bowmanville
John in Bowmanville
1 review BOWMANVILLE, ON

Home Inspection

I spent 3.5 hrs taking notes and asking questions while Don performed a very thorough interior and exterior home inspection. He found a number of major issues with the house, as well as a few minor ones. His explanations were bang on and he showed impeccable attention to detail. I now have a much better understanding of the home and am more comfortable in making the purchasing decision. I also have a list of projects to tackle after I move in that will make the house safer and more energy efficient.

It is evident that Don has been doing this for a long time and takes pride in his work. I don't give out recommendations easily: I have lots of family and friends in various trades, but even with family I hesitate to give a recommendation unless I have seen the quality of their work. With that said, I have no problem recommending Don to anyone. Thumbs way up.

I appreciate your comments John, I like working with clients who give credit where credit is due, it was a pleasure working with you.

Andrea in Whitby
Andrea in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

New home inspection

The service was amazing!!! Don was very thorough and explained everything he found and how it can cause issues in the future. He gave us a CD with everything he found, which made it very easy for us to submit our list to Tarion. I would STRONGLY recommend this company to anyone that asked.

I love working with homeowners who appreciate what home inspectors do for them!

J. G. Dolan in Oshawa
J. G. Dolan in Oshawa
1 review OSHAWA, ON

Home Inspection

I had this service recommended by my daughter after she used them and was very satisfied. I only have good things to say about them. They arrived on time and performed a home inspection for me and explained what he was doing each step of the way. Don was courteous, professional and I could see by the way he worked he was very experienced and knew exactly what he was doing. This alone gave me great peace of mind in the service I had purchased. When he finished I was supplied a complete report of his findings as well as a cd of his pictures of potentially problem areas. I would not hesitate to recomend Peace of Mind Home Inspection to my family or friends.

Thank you very much for the kind words and your referrals to your family and friends.

More about Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Many would be resale home buyers are held back by their fear of surprise home repair costs.

Others are willing to opt for a less than perfect resale home, as long as they know just what they are getting into. An unstable foundation, faulty wiring, or a roof that will soon require replacement can be extremely expensive repairs.

Take away the fear of the unknown and close the deal with Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc. We help ensure that you can make an informed decision about the largest purchase you may ever make.

Credentials:
Worked as a licensed renovator for 18 years, worked with a master electrician for 4 years, finished at the top of my class at Durham college to become a certified home inspector, passed all the required courses to become Wood Energy Technical Training certified, have performed thousands of home inspections since incorporating in 1995, I have completed 10,000 hours of classroom and field experience and have earned acquired the designation of Certified Master Home Inspector.

Inspection Process
Our inspections take at least three hours, with most of our time being spent on the major components of the house:
• Foundation
• Heating and Cooling
• Plumbing
• Electrical
• Roof
• Windows
• Structure
• Insulation

We are not afraid to get dirty. If it means going into crawl spaces, attics, under decks or on roof tops in order to help potential buyers discover problems, then we do it.

We don't just look for symptoms, but also the cause of the problem with the home. Everything we find is detailed in our inspection report.

We also encourage that you participate in the inspection with the inspector. It can be an invaluable learning experience.

We also perform Industrial and Commercial Inspections, renovation consultations and new home warranty inspections . Our price list is available on our website.

Have a look at our blog for home inspection stories and tips.
Visit our Facebook page

W.E.T.T.Certified

We service the Greater Toronto Area and Durham Region, Whitby,Ajax,Pickering,Oshawa,Clarington,Stouffville, Uxbridge,Port Perry,Markham,Etobicoke, we also do inspections on out of town properties for an additional fuel and travel surcharge.