Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Whitby ON L1P 1Y4
Home Inspection
Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Best of 2017 winner 3 timesBest of 2017winner 3 times

Reviews for Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Stephen in Whitby
Stephen in Whitby
1 review L1P1W8, ON

Home Inspection

Excellent detailed Work! There is no question that Don loves what he does, because you can see it in the quality of his services. He is thorough and detailed, very informative and willing to take the needed time to do a quality job. Don will not just go over his findings with you, he provides a detailed report and explains his findings with you.

Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc. was recommended to me by a friend, and I will do the same in a heart beat.

Thanks Don for real Peace of Mind!

Thanks for the review Steve, I do love what I do and working with people who understand what I can do for them. It was my pleasure to do your inspection for you.

John Brennan McLean in Oshawa
John Brennan McLean in Oshawa
1 review OSHAWA, ON

House Inspection

Don is an excellent house inspector. I've been to many inspections in 14 years as a real estate agent and he's at the top of the list. I bought this house for myself. and chose him through Homestars reviews. He's thorough, knowledgeable, efficient, sincere and a pleasure to be with. He's also very well-connected to tradespeople. I highly recommend him.

I can never say this enough, I love my work and working hard for my clients. Thanks for the review John.

Rachel in Whitby
Rachel in Whitby
1 review L1N6R1, ON

Home inspection for new house

Very thorough inspection in friendly atmosphere. Don inspected the house and looked at a lot of details, he made lots of pictures. After the inspection, Don took a lot of time to explain his findings.

I can't say it enough, I love what I do for a living,and the fact that my clients really appreciate the job I do for them.

Jeff and Nicole in Ajax
Jeff and Nicole in Ajax
2 reviews L1S2P2, ON

Home inspection

We asked Don to come out to look at a century home we were interested in purchasing and it only takes one word to sum up his service...WOW!! Don was not only friendly and thorough, but he was extremely knowledgable and took the extra time to ensure that we understood all the potential problems with the house. His professionalism and quality of work was unlike any inspection we have had in the past and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to purchase a house. He truly lived up to the company name and gave us the peace of mind we needed.

I love it when people appreciate how hard I work for them, thanks for the high praise Nicole and Jeff.

Danny in Ajax
Danny in Ajax
2 reviews AJAX, ON

Peace of Mind - Home Inspection Review

Just wanted to put in a very positive review for Don at Peace of Mind home inspections. I found him through Home Stars and chose him because of the positive reviews and reasonable pricing. I had him inspect a new home in Brooklin, and despite being well maintained by the builder, Don was able to point out deficiencies that I never would have found. Seeing how thorough his work was, I really did have peace of mind with my transaction afterwards. I received a pdf as well as a CD with photos from my inspection including the attic space. I would recommend Don to anyone. Thanks!

Thank you Danny for letting people know that even if you are buying a brand new home it is a good investment to have it inspected by someone who knows what to look for, good luck in your new home.

tony  patti mousseaui
tony patti mousseaui
1 review Whitby, ON

home inspection {two}

peace of mind was thorough and professional, don opened my eyes to a lot of things you should look for buying a home and saved us a lot of money on something we would of bought that looked good to us but not to don we can now move into our new home with confidence that we wont be stung for some repair "after"moving in and closing the deal thank you peace of mind it was well worth paying for your vast knowledge we will surely use you again if the need arises and will always recommend you to other potential buyers thanks again patti and tony mousseau

Thank you Patti and Tony, I love to work with clients who appreciate how hard I work for them.

Annie in Pickering
Annie in Pickering
1 review PICKERING, ON

House Inspection

Peace of Mind Home Inspections was recommended to me by my realtor when I put a conditional offer on a house. While I had a number of friends and family who were familiar with construction, electrical, and plumbing issues, I'm glad I choose a professional company for the inspection. Don McKechnie's approach was both methodical and thorough. He highlighted a number of concerns, which were then documented in pictures and a writen report. This allowed me to not only renegotiate the price, but prioritize the work which the house required.

I'd highly recommend Peace of Mind Home Inspections, they definitely lived up to their name.

I enjoy my job so much and love to help people who really need and understand what I can do for them!

Gary Haigh in Oshawa
Gary Haigh in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Condo Home Inspection and Renovation in Oshawa

Don McKechnie of Peace Of Mind Home Inspection did a home inspection on my condo in Oshawa. Don is very thorough and pointed out many items that needed repair. At the time I was living in Atlanta, GA area so I did not know who to call to renovate my condo. Don got all of the materials to fix up the condo and the experienced plumber, painter, electrician, and handyman to do the job. All the repairs coordinated by Don were completed in one day and the work was top notch. The painting was completed in two days. In my opinion, Don is the best in home inspection and he has the best team in place for any home renovation work. He is simply the best.

It was a pleasure working with Linda and Gary, they put there trust in me and my knowledge of the building trades. I enjoy coordinating repairs for my clients after we do the initial inspection, our service does not end when the inspection is done, especially if our client require help finding reliable tradesmen.

Steve in Oshawa
Steve in Oshawa
1 review Whitby, ON

Pre-Purchase Home Inspection

I'm extremely happy I chose Don for my pre-purchase home inspection. Don was the first person on the scene, and already hard at work inspecting the roof when we showed up. He did an excellent job at showing us the problems with the house and was able to explain how serious each problem was, along with how to best go about repairing it. He was extremely thorough in his inspectation, and found many things I would have never known about. Don's inspectation brought a couple things to light that I was able to make conditional in the sale of the home, which saved me quite bit of money (several times more than what I paid for the inspection). With this being my first home purchase, I'm extremely happy I had someone as knowledgeable and personable as Don to walk us through the inspection in such detail. I would highly recommend Don to anyone looking for a quality home inspectation and will most certainly use his services again in the future.

Thanks for the review Steve, it is always a pleasure to work with people like yourself, it is scary buying your first home and I enjoy helping people through the process, and remember our service doesn't stop here we are always available for consultation on repairs and renovations.

Cathy of Whitby
Cathy of Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Home Inspection

Don was very helpful with the home inspection. He didn`t mind that we were asking him questions every minute. He pointed all the things that needs to be done now to prevent future expenses and other things that we have to do in the future. Very thorough and detailed with the information and gave us amazing tips which is very appreciated since it`s our first time buying a house. We appreciate the way he was talking to us and very patient in answering hundreds of questions. I would recommend Don to any one. Thanks a lot Don!
Catherine and Ivan

Thank you for the review. It is always a pleasure to work with clients who ask many questions and it doesn't matter how many questions are asked when you are making the largest purchase of your lives. We appreciate your opinion, thanks again!

More about Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Many would be resale home buyers are held back by their fear of surprise home repair costs.

Others are willing to opt for a less than perfect resale home, as long as they know just what they are getting into. An unstable foundation, faulty wiring, or a roof that will soon require replacement can be extremely expensive repairs.

Take away the fear of the unknown and close the deal with Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc. We help ensure that you can make an informed decision about the largest purchase you may ever make.

Credentials:
Worked as a licensed renovator for 18 years, worked with a master electrician for 4 years, finished at the top of my class at Durham college to become a certified home inspector, passed all the required courses to become Wood Energy Technical Training certified, have performed thousands of home inspections since incorporating in 1995, I have completed 10,000 hours of classroom and field experience and have earned acquired the designation of Certified Master Home Inspector.

Inspection Process
Our inspections take at least three hours, with most of our time being spent on the major components of the house:
• Foundation
• Heating and Cooling
• Plumbing
• Electrical
• Roof
• Windows
• Structure
• Insulation

We are not afraid to get dirty. If it means going into crawl spaces, attics, under decks or on roof tops in order to help potential buyers discover problems, then we do it.

We don't just look for symptoms, but also the cause of the problem with the home. Everything we find is detailed in our inspection report.

We also encourage that you participate in the inspection with the inspector. It can be an invaluable learning experience.

We also perform Industrial and Commercial Inspections, renovation consultations and new home warranty inspections . Our price list is available on our website.

Have a look at our blog for home inspection stories and tips.
Visit our Facebook page

W.E.T.T.Certified

We service the Greater Toronto Area and Durham Region, Whitby,Ajax,Pickering,Oshawa,Clarington,Stouffville, Uxbridge,Port Perry,Markham,Etobicoke, we also do inspections on out of town properties for an additional fuel and travel surcharge.