Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Whitby ON L1P 1Y4
Home Inspection
Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Best of 2017 winner 3 timesBest of 2017winner 3 times

Reviews for Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Andrew Corcoran from Toronto
Andrew Corcoran from Toronto

Home inspection

My girlfriend and I recently purchased our first home together. As first time home buyers we wanted to make sure we had an experienced and professional home inspector and that is EXACTLY what we got. Don McKechnie was on time and ready to work. He told us right out of the gate that he was going to tell us everything bad and good about the house whether we want to hear it or not. He looked everywhere and left no stone unturned. He was very knowledgeable and made sure to explain everything to us. He made several recommendations and I am truly appreciative of his honest and up front approach. Don was very friendly and made us feel comfortable. He has many years of experience and truly enjoys his work and it shows!! I would definately recommend Don (peace of mind home inspections inc) to anyone looking for a PRO who cares. He also has tremendous knowledge and contacts for the best contractors in Durham. Don provides you with a cd of all pictures taken along with a 12 page detailed report with recommendations and all things he found. He was on the roof, in the attic and everywhere testing everything. He writes down all appliance serial numbers and just goes the extra mile. Thank you Don for your professionalism and outstanding detailed report. Don was 10 out of 10!! Everyone should use him!!
I will definately keep his card for the future.

Andrew & Lianne

I keep telling people that I love what I do and do not consider it work, I wake up every morning wanting to get in my truck and go out and help people. thanks for the great review Andrew.

Syed in Oshawa
Syed in Oshawa

Home Inspection

Don was very accomodating and came on a short notice. His professional approach was a big plus for us. He takes his time in conducting his work and is also extremely honest. He saved us thousands in repairs cost. We would recommend his services to anyone. THANK YOU Don!... you gave us real piece of mind.....Syed and Family.

Syed thanks for the review, now you wont have to commute so far anymore.

Bob and Sue Pasquill in Ajax
Bob and Sue Pasquill in Ajax
1 review AJAX, ON

House Inspection

Excellent service!!

Don showed up at 10:00 a.m Sunday following a phone call at 8:45 p.m the night before.
The inspection was very thorough and Don explained and answered all our questions in terms we understood.
He gave helpful advice on how to deal with and fix problems.
Received detailed inspection report and DVD with lots of photos.
We highly recommend Don!

Bob and Sue

Ajax ON

Thank you for the review, I enjoy what I do so much that it is not a job to me but a passion, I love to help people buy properties without any surprise repairs!

Marlen Demirian  in Markham
Marlen Demirian in Markham

Home Inspection

Peace of mind home inspections were recommended to me by my real state agent .Don is an excellent home inspector ,very friendly ,very knowledgeable ,he will go over his findings with you and provides detailed report. I highly recommend Don to anyone .

It was a long and tiring journey but we eventually found a house that your family was comfortable buying, good luck in you new home Marlen.

The Joneses in North york
The Joneses in North york
1 review NORTH YORK, ON

Home Inspection

How do we begin! We called after reading all of the fabulous reviews here, and seeing that the BBB gave Peace of Mind an A-plus rating. Could not be happier! Don was on site before we were, was very friendly, professional and courteous. We felt comfortable asking questions, and not only did he provide excellent service ( everyone is right about how enthusiastic he is about his job!). But he gave us tips and advice on how to take care of a few things in a way even a woman with no familiarity with Home Depot can understnad! LOL. Would absolutely reccommend Peace Of Mind to anyone looking for a Home Inspector, we could not have been more pleased. A genuinely friendly company, who will literally provide Peace of Mind.

I am very passionate about what I do for a living, to me it is not a job, I love helping people buy their first house and their last house and all the ones in between.

Mr. Lee in Toronto
Mr. Lee in Toronto

Home Inspection

Peace of Mind home Inspections was recommended to me by a coworker who had used their services prior to making a home purchase. Being a first time home buyer, I did not know about a lot of potential problem spots in a house that had some years on it. Don pointed out every single issue - big and small - and explained in detail what course of action I could take to address the issue, as well as the cost of each fix. He took the time to answer all of my questions and explain everything in a way so that someone who doesn't know a lot about home repairs could understand.

Peace of Mind Home Inspections truly lives up to it's name and I would definitely recommend Don to anyone looking for a quality, professional and diligent home inspector.

Thank you for such a glowing endorsement Gee, it was great working with you and giving you the information needed to make the right choice when buying your first home, I will make sure to be available when and if you decide to move.

Nicole  in Oshawa
Nicole in Oshawa
1 review OSHAWA, ON

home inspection

I just wanted to say thank you for service today, my sister recommended you and I"m glad she did....We'll be sure to refer you any chance we get. I wasn't going to get an inpection done but really glad we did you pointed out things we never would have knowen about and you truly did give us peace of mind. Thank you!!!

Thanks for the nice review Nicole, did he really think I would believe all that water came from a kiddie pool. People make me laugh all the time.

Stephen in Whitby
Stephen in Whitby
1 review L1P1W8, ON

Home Inspection

Excellent detailed Work! There is no question that Don loves what he does, because you can see it in the quality of his services. He is thorough and detailed, very informative and willing to take the needed time to do a quality job. Don will not just go over his findings with you, he provides a detailed report and explains his findings with you.

Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc. was recommended to me by a friend, and I will do the same in a heart beat.

Thanks Don for real Peace of Mind!

Thanks for the review Steve, I do love what I do and working with people who understand what I can do for them. It was my pleasure to do your inspection for you.

John Brennan McLean in Oshawa
John Brennan McLean in Oshawa
1 review OSHAWA, ON

House Inspection

Don is an excellent house inspector. I've been to many inspections in 14 years as a real estate agent and he's at the top of the list. I bought this house for myself. and chose him through Homestars reviews. He's thorough, knowledgeable, efficient, sincere and a pleasure to be with. He's also very well-connected to tradespeople. I highly recommend him.

I can never say this enough, I love my work and working hard for my clients. Thanks for the review John.

Rachel in Whitby
Rachel in Whitby
1 review L1N6R1, ON

Home inspection for new house

Very thorough inspection in friendly atmosphere. Don inspected the house and looked at a lot of details, he made lots of pictures. After the inspection, Don took a lot of time to explain his findings.

I can't say it enough, I love what I do for a living,and the fact that my clients really appreciate the job I do for them.

More about Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Many would be resale home buyers are held back by their fear of surprise home repair costs.

Others are willing to opt for a less than perfect resale home, as long as they know just what they are getting into. An unstable foundation, faulty wiring, or a roof that will soon require replacement can be extremely expensive repairs.

Take away the fear of the unknown and close the deal with Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc. We help ensure that you can make an informed decision about the largest purchase you may ever make.

Credentials:
Worked as a licensed renovator for 18 years, worked with a master electrician for 4 years, finished at the top of my class at Durham college to become a certified home inspector, passed all the required courses to become Wood Energy Technical Training certified, have performed thousands of home inspections since incorporating in 1995, I have completed 10,000 hours of classroom and field experience and have earned acquired the designation of Certified Master Home Inspector.

Inspection Process
Our inspections take at least three hours, with most of our time being spent on the major components of the house:
• Foundation
• Heating and Cooling
• Plumbing
• Electrical
• Roof
• Windows
• Structure
• Insulation

We are not afraid to get dirty. If it means going into crawl spaces, attics, under decks or on roof tops in order to help potential buyers discover problems, then we do it.

We don't just look for symptoms, but also the cause of the problem with the home. Everything we find is detailed in our inspection report.

We also encourage that you participate in the inspection with the inspector. It can be an invaluable learning experience.

We also perform Industrial and Commercial Inspections, renovation consultations and new home warranty inspections . Our price list is available on our website.

Have a look at our blog for home inspection stories and tips.
Visit our Facebook page

W.E.T.T.Certified

We service the Greater Toronto Area and Durham Region, Whitby,Ajax,Pickering,Oshawa,Clarington,Stouffville, Uxbridge,Port Perry,Markham,Etobicoke, we also do inspections on out of town properties for an additional fuel and travel surcharge.