Petty Pest Control Services Inc.

194 Braithwaite Avenue Hamilton ON L9G 5A3
Pest & Animal Control
Petty Pest Control Services Inc.

Best of 2013 winner 2 timesBest of 2013winner 2 times

Reviews for Petty Pest Control Services Inc.

Flo from Ancaster
Flo from Ancaster
6 reviews Hamilton, ON

Pest control

Love Jim petty, great guy. Fast response and very professional. Highly recommend his services. Had a problem with carpenter ants and afte few days of treatment they started to die. Will always utilize his services should I need them again!

Scott in Hamilton
Scott in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Bed Bugs

Don't wait. Call these guys right away. I made the mistake of trying Orkin first and that put me back two months and approximately 50 bites later. Orkin wouldn't spray until their (cockroach?!) traps caught something. Jim and the gang got rid of my problem in two weeks. Great guys, great staff. They seemed genuinely concerned too.
Bed bugs could happen to anybody. I have no idea how I got them. You can't get rid of them without professional help. On top of everything else there price was WAY cheaper than every other company I called. Some were over $2000! Best money I ever spent.

kathy in Ancaster
kathy in Ancaster
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Mouse in Attic

Petty Pest service was outstanding !!! Professional, accurate assessment and action plan in one visit. We have a solution and future game plan if needed. Would highly recommend Petty Pest.

H. Schmidt from Burlington
H. Schmidt from Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Carpenter ants nest in house

Jim is a friendly, sincere man true to his warranty. Jim came 3 times when called because of a continuing problem with carpenter ants, and came without hesitation. The ants are gone and it turned out to have been a large nest.

Rose in Ancaster
Rose in Ancaster
1 review Kitchener, ON

Bed Bug Infestation

Unfortunately we inherited these disgusting things when we visited a "friends" house for a couple days. "Friends" who, did not tell us, and continue to refuse, the fact they gave us these monstrosities and make us pay for them giving it to us.

For the past few months more and more itchy bites have been showing up on my body, and unfortunately today I discovered I've been the host of these things for quite a while. Words cannot describe how I feel.

Admist the chaos, panicking, messy house and 500 questions the technician and his son remained calm and answered everything we wanted to know and waited patiently for us to leave assured everything would be fine. They arrived very early and waited patiently for us to notice they were there and did not rush us out of the door.

Overall, despite the house now smelling terribly 12 hours later I can say I feel confident of this service. They will be coming in 15 days for a second treatment so only time will tell how things go. I may write a second review for that. Thank you to the people who came for being patient with us. Hopefully it won't be as chaotic next time.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Skunk removal

They did trap the skunks, and relocated them. (After leaving them in the trap all day in the hot August sun). I said I wanted them to come back to put barriers around the steps of our deck so we know they can't get under there. I never heard back from the guy. I've now contacted another company to do that. Very frustrating to not even have a response.

Tim Szilagyi from Burlington
Tim Szilagyi from Burlington
3 reviews Dunsford, ON

Yellow Jacket nest removal

We called Petty Pest Control on a Friday and told them of our problem, we were planning on heading up to our cottage that night, but the nest was just spotted in the front entrance of our house. Chris set up an appointment for that evening and sprayed. He told us to check in with him on Monday when we returned to see if the one application worked. It usually does he said, but sometimes in a situation like ours he needed to do a second application. When we returned there was no sign of any bee's, it worked perfectly. If a second trip was required, Chris said it would be at no extra charge. Great service at a good price, we will definitely call again if we have any pest issues.

Farrah from Kitchener
Farrah from Kitchener
4 reviews Kitchener, ON

Wasp Nest Removal

Unfortunately it wasn't great dealing with this company because of small inconveniences which added up to an unsatisfying experience. They weren't terrible, and they did complete the service effectively (the wasp nest is gone), so I gave a 4 for that.

After spraying the nest, the technician left without actually removing it, telling us to do it ourselves in a couple of days. We paid the $100, but he didn't have any receipts with him and we agreed that he could send the receipt by email.

To be fair, when I called the company a day later to express my displeasure, they were very nice and understanding. They apologized and agreed that he should have taken down the nest at that time. They told me that someone would come within the next 3 business days. I asked them to make sure whoever came brought the receipt with them as I hadn't yet received one.

After not hearing from them after 3 business days, I called again asking for the nest's removal because I had guests coming the next day. The original technician came back the next morning. I was glad he came before my guests arrived, however was frustrated that no one had called ahead. If he'd come 10 minutes later we wouldn't have been home. I also felt that he was unprepared; he asked for a plastic bag to pull down the nest because he didn't have any with him. I realize these things are not a big deal (obviously I'm not that attached to my plastic bags) but it gives an overall sense of a very unprofessional company. Again, the technician STILL did not have any receipts with him, despite my being assured over the phone that whoever came would bring one.

3 days later I received a jpg photo of a paper receipt by email. After waiting almost 2 weeks for a receipt, I expected at least something printable (pdf). Again, I realize it's not a big deal, but the reason I need the receipt is for claiming rental income expenses. I'd prefer to have a record that is a little more legitimate than a photo of a receipt.

It seems by other reviews that the company standard is normally much higher (it's why I chose to go with them), so hopefully my experience wasn't representative of their normal service. However, having had this frustrating experience, I wouldn't call them again or recommend them to friends.

Farrah,
I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I am in complete agreement with your description of the situation, and you have my sincerest apology. As our company is growing, we sent our junior technician to your location. Unfortunately, as we have had other issues with this individual, and we expect a higher standard of ourselves, this person is no longer an employee of PPC services.

Tyler Rumi from Saint Catharines
Tyler Rumi from Saint Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Removal of Fleas

I found these guys online. They handled a very extensive flea problem at a tenants apartment with diligence and 100% effectiveness. I have hired them for many other jobs and they have always been effective, quick to respond and friendly and courteous to myself and our tenants. Jim also takes the time to explain the problems and solutions of their jobs if we ever need clarity in understanding their work. I trust in their professionalism and their commitment to providing the best possible service to their clients, because that has been my experience on many jobs they have done including squirrel removal, bird removal, and wasp removal.

Cinda from Hamilton
Cinda from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Mice, bees, insect extermination

I found out about Petty Pest Control from this review site. The owner, Jim was very responsive and professional. I could leave him a key, and trust him to show up and do his job. He has put down some poison for mice, insects and bees for some of my properties. His guarantee says that if anything comes back within 6 months he’ll come again for no charge, which he did on one occasion. He was able to get rid of the bees immediately. I would definitely call him again.

More about Petty Pest Control Services Inc.

Petty Pest Control Services offers pest and animal control to Hamilton, The Tri-Cities and the Golden Horseshoe areas of Southern Ontario. If you are tired of just being a number to the larger companies, please give us a call and find out what it feels like to be a valued customer!