Petty Pest Control Services Inc.

194 Braithwaite Avenue Hamilton ON L9G 5A3
Pest & Animal Control
Petty Pest Control Services Inc.

Best of 2013 winner 2 timesBest of 2013winner 2 times

Reviews for Petty Pest Control Services Inc.

Tim Szilagyi from Burlington
Tim Szilagyi from Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Yellow Jacket nest removal

We called Petty Pest Control on a Friday and told them of our problem, we were planning on heading up to our cottage that night, but the nest was just spotted in the front entrance of our house. Chris set up an appointment for that evening and sprayed. He told us to check in with him on Monday when we returned to see if the one application worked. It usually does he said, but sometimes in a situation like ours he needed to do a second application. When we returned there was no sign of any bee's, it worked perfectly. If a second trip was required, Chris said it would be at no extra charge. Great service at a good price, we will definitely call again if we have any pest issues.

Farrah from Kitchener
Farrah from Kitchener
4 reviews Kitchener, ON

Wasp Nest Removal

Unfortunately it wasn't great dealing with this company because of small inconveniences which added up to an unsatisfying experience. They weren't terrible, and they did complete the service effectively (the wasp nest is gone), so I gave a 4 for that.

After spraying the nest, the technician left without actually removing it, telling us to do it ourselves in a couple of days. We paid the $100, but he didn't have any receipts with him and we agreed that he could send the receipt by email.

To be fair, when I called the company a day later to express my displeasure, they were very nice and understanding. They apologized and agreed that he should have taken down the nest at that time. They told me that someone would come within the next 3 business days. I asked them to make sure whoever came brought the receipt with them as I hadn't yet received one.

After not hearing from them after 3 business days, I called again asking for the nest's removal because I had guests coming the next day. The original technician came back the next morning. I was glad he came before my guests arrived, however was frustrated that no one had called ahead. If he'd come 10 minutes later we wouldn't have been home. I also felt that he was unprepared; he asked for a plastic bag to pull down the nest because he didn't have any with him. I realize these things are not a big deal (obviously I'm not that attached to my plastic bags) but it gives an overall sense of a very unprofessional company. Again, the technician STILL did not have any receipts with him, despite my being assured over the phone that whoever came would bring one.

3 days later I received a jpg photo of a paper receipt by email. After waiting almost 2 weeks for a receipt, I expected at least something printable (pdf). Again, I realize it's not a big deal, but the reason I need the receipt is for claiming rental income expenses. I'd prefer to have a record that is a little more legitimate than a photo of a receipt.

It seems by other reviews that the company standard is normally much higher (it's why I chose to go with them), so hopefully my experience wasn't representative of their normal service. However, having had this frustrating experience, I wouldn't call them again or recommend them to friends.

Farrah,
I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I am in complete agreement with your description of the situation, and you have my sincerest apology. As our company is growing, we sent our junior technician to your location. Unfortunately, as we have had other issues with this individual, and we expect a higher standard of ourselves, this person is no longer an employee of PPC services.

Tyler Rumi from Saint Catharines
Tyler Rumi from Saint Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Removal of Fleas

I found these guys online. They handled a very extensive flea problem at a tenants apartment with diligence and 100% effectiveness. I have hired them for many other jobs and they have always been effective, quick to respond and friendly and courteous to myself and our tenants. Jim also takes the time to explain the problems and solutions of their jobs if we ever need clarity in understanding their work. I trust in their professionalism and their commitment to providing the best possible service to their clients, because that has been my experience on many jobs they have done including squirrel removal, bird removal, and wasp removal.

Cinda from Hamilton
Cinda from Hamilton

Mice, bees, insect extermination

I found out about Petty Pest Control from this review site. The owner, Jim was very responsive and professional. I could leave him a key, and trust him to show up and do his job. He has put down some poison for mice, insects and bees for some of my properties. His guarantee says that if anything comes back within 6 months he’ll come again for no charge, which he did on one occasion. He was able to get rid of the bees immediately. I would definitely call him again.

Ursula from Hamilton
Ursula from Hamilton

Mouse Pest Control

I found this company online because we needed to take care of a mouse problem in our house. They came and put out some bait to get rid of the mice. They examined the areas in the house that would present access points for the mice to find their way in the house. They also examined the exterior of the house including the garage. We were mouse free for several years and I was very pleased. I was aware that after a few years I would have to call them back unless I made structural changes to the house that would prevent the mice from reentering. The owner and his associate Chris were especially good to work with. They were reasonably priced and I will not hesitate to call them back if needed. They also mad some great suggestions regarding the racoons that seem to frequent our property. Overall they were great and I’d recommend them.

Neal denHollander from Hamilton
Neal denHollander from Hamilton
6 reviews Hamilton, ON

Fixed Mice Problem

I own a house that I rent out to students during the year. It seemed that during the holiday season, when the house was empty, mice started coming in for food that was left. Petty Pest Control came, laid out bait and got rid of the mice quickly. They were confident, professional and efficient. They completely took care of the problem. The only thing is their prices are on the high end. Other than that they’re great. Would highly recommend.

Rosanne from North York
Rosanne from North York
2 reviews North York, ON

Laid out mice bait

The guys from Petty Pest Control thought we might have mice in our attic so they put some bait up there as well as around our garage to catch them. In the end, they didn’t catch anything and but we’re not sure if we had mice in the first place. In any case, we thought their service was okay, but a little expensive.

Teo from Hamilton
Teo from Hamilton

Pest Extermination

I work at a company that manages 400 properties in Hamilton. We use Petty Pest Control exclusively because they are the best in the area. They’ve exterminated bed bugs, roaches, mice and squirrels — you name it — for us and the properties. Jim really knows his stuff and the prices are good too. Would strongly recommend them to people in the area.

dana
dana

Various Pest Control Services

I used their pest control service several times, mostly for my rental properties. When a rental home had mice they came and took care of it. Another time there was thought to be an ant problem in a condo apartment and they found out it was actually a special kind of beetle, not ants, and got rid of them. They also came to my own home to check my attic for mice, which they did find and take care of also. Every time I call them they come right away and do a good job. I’d definitely recommend them to anyone.

Mike from Hamilton
Mike from Hamilton

Mice Pest Control

I called these guys for pest control since we had a problem with field mice in the house. I thought they did a fantastic job. They were very thorough, locked up any openings the mice could get through, and literally had the mice gone within 2 weeks. The price was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

More about Petty Pest Control Services Inc.

Petty Pest Control Services offers pest and animal control to Hamilton, The Tri-Cities and the Golden Horseshoe areas of Southern Ontario. If you are tired of just being a number to the larger companies, please give us a call and find out what it feels like to be a valued customer!