Prestige Garage Door Services

Garage Doors & Hardware
Toronto ON M1C 4K2
HomeStars  >  Garage Doors & Hardware in Scarborough  >  Prestige Garage Door Services

Reviews for Prestige Garage Door Services

MetalCNMX in Vaughan
MetalCNMX in Vaughan

DO NOT USE. The most overpriced company in the GTA.

Never ever use this company they will overcharge you big time.
For 1 Torsion spring, one Drum, Bracket set, Nylon Roller Set, I was charged $1,950 with Taxes. This included a useless $95 for a service call that decent companies never do that, plus $395 for 1 1/2 labor!!
I was on an emergency the company I usually work with was not available the next day, so this was the first company who responded to do it next morning. I should have done some research first but my car was inside the garage and the door was not opening at all and I need to go to work.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Garage door spring replacement - Avoid this company

I had a garage door torsion spring break and needed a service call on Sunday morning. The technician was punctual and polite but that's where the good feelings ended. I was quoted $375 per spring x2 = $750 + labour + service call fee. By the time the job was completed the bill was over $3000 ! I asked the technician why and he played up the superior quality and 25 yr warranty that the products carried. I didn't receive any warranty documents for the products installed, and questioned why the cable rollers needed to replaced ($478), the door rollers ($650) and 4 cables ($88). The labour was $495 for 2 hrs worth of work and the service call fee of $150 on top of that. I didn't have a chance to review the company prior to initiating the call so beware of this company. I am currently disputing the charges with the company but do not think anything positive will come out in the end.

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Very bad reputation.

Over four years ago I wrote a negative review on this company who continually overcharge people for lackluster jobs. I see that people continue to use this company & continue to post negative reviews. I'm writing this now to tell potential future customers to NOT bother with this company, read the reviews on here and do your due diligence before getting gouged by this company.

Nice technician, bad price

Charged $68 for maybe 5 or 6 feet of wire!!!

Door broke Sunday night.
Phone quote for $250 service call right away.
Quoted $150 plus parts for an early morning service call.
I agreed to Monday morning because the manual door with no other access meant I needed someone to actually break in to my garage.

Nice service technician arrived.
Solved the problem in no time.
Replaced a length of broken cable from the knob to the catch.

Charged $68 for maybe 5 or 6 feet of wire!!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Garage door torsion springs and cable drum replacement

Garage door cables fell off cable drum and had to replace 2 old springs that costed $265 each [$530] for 7000 cycles (over priced and wasn't sure if it was even new) and 2 cable drums for $186 (over priced and wasn't sure if it was new either) and $220 for labour (didn't even tell us the labour cost) and $85 service call and tax and additional 5% for credit card fee.... Looking up some of these parts for my dimensions they were $155 a pair for 10,000 cycles that comes with all the equipment smh. $1000 gone within a hour.

Isfak in Toronto
Isfak in Toronto

Garage Door

Over the phone they said service charge $85 + parts if needed.
but after do the job technician charged $85 only admin fee + $125 labour cost (for 15 min work) and tried to sell all unnecessary parts. and charged me $428. Unethical business practice. should be reported.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

replaced two springs for garage door

called Prestige Doors to replace a broken spring for my garage door, not sure if its because I live in Oakville but a less than 300$ job cost 840$
absolutely ridiculous pricing and would not recommend

garage door

I called to find out the cost to replace the cable on one side of the garage door. I was quoted $95 plus material. When the technician came he told me $180 to replace both cable so I said ok. When he was finished he said gave me a bill for $481 including other fees that was not mentioned previously

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

Torsion spring replacement

They quoted me through email and over the phone about $200. Then when they got here they told me that it would be over $700. The $200 was only the fee for coming to my house and the cost of the materials, not including labor and other materials they found needed to be replaced. I asked why they didn't include any mention of the additional cost of labor in the quote and they acted like I should have just known there would be additional labor. I told them that I wouldn't pay that and then they said that regardless I'd have to pay the service fee of $100 for them coming out and starting the job. After a lot of arguing and getting really close to calling the police, we came to an agreement. In retrospect, I wish I had called the cops. DON'T use them.

Tony  in Kitchener
Tony in Kitchener

Garage Door

Do not use this company. I was charged $1050 to chain a garage door opener. The service man's prices did not make any sense.

I would never use this company again.

Beware!

Tony Vella

Looking for Garage Doors & Hardware pros in Scarborough?