Prestige Garage Door Services

Garage Doors & Hardware
Toronto ON M1C 4K2
HomeStars  >  Garage Doors & Hardware in Scarborough  >  Prestige Garage Door Services

Reviews for Prestige Garage Door Services

Nice technician, bad price

Charged $68 for maybe 5 or 6 feet of wire!!!

Door broke Sunday night.
Phone quote for $250 service call right away.
Quoted $150 plus parts for an early morning service call.
I agreed to Monday morning because the manual door with no other access meant I needed someone to actually break in to my garage.

Nice service technician arrived.
Solved the problem in no time.
Replaced a length of broken cable from the knob to the catch.

Charged $68 for maybe 5 or 6 feet of wire!!

Garage door torsion springs and cable drum replacement

Garage door cables fell off cable drum and had to replace 2 old springs that costed $265 each [$530] for 7000 cycles (over priced and wasn't sure if it was even new) and 2 cable drums for $186 (over priced and wasn't sure if it was new either) and $220 for labour (didn't even tell us the labour cost) and $85 service call and tax and additional 5% for credit card fee.... Looking up some of these parts for my dimensions they were $155 a pair for 10,000 cycles that comes with all the equipment smh. $1000 gone within a hour.

Isfak in Toronto
Isfak in Toronto

Garage Door

Over the phone they said service charge $85 + parts if needed.
but after do the job technician charged $85 only admin fee + $125 labour cost (for 15 min work) and tried to sell all unnecessary parts. and charged me $428. Unethical business practice. should be reported.

replaced two springs for garage door

called Prestige Doors to replace a broken spring for my garage door, not sure if its because I live in Oakville but a less than 300$ job cost 840$
absolutely ridiculous pricing and would not recommend

garage door

I called to find out the cost to replace the cable on one side of the garage door. I was quoted $95 plus material. When the technician came he told me $180 to replace both cable so I said ok. When he was finished he said gave me a bill for $481 including other fees that was not mentioned previously

1 review Oshawa, ON

Torsion spring replacement

They quoted me through email and over the phone about $200. Then when they got here they told me that it would be over $700. The $200 was only the fee for coming to my house and the cost of the materials, not including labor and other materials they found needed to be replaced. I asked why they didn't include any mention of the additional cost of labor in the quote and they acted like I should have just known there would be additional labor. I told them that I wouldn't pay that and then they said that regardless I'd have to pay the service fee of $100 for them coming out and starting the job. After a lot of arguing and getting really close to calling the police, we came to an agreement. In retrospect, I wish I had called the cops. DON'T use them.

Tony  in Kitchener
Tony in Kitchener

Garage Door

Do not use this company. I was charged $1050 to chain a garage door opener. The service man's prices did not make any sense.

I would never use this company again.

Beware!

Tony Vella

Garage door repair

Called out by old couple in WAterdown. They charged over $200 to reseat the drive chain and insisted that $1600 of further work was needed. The chain was over tensioned and the shaft broke. Full and proper repair made for $600 ( including new motor thank to the numbskulls at Prestege.)

DONT USE THIS COMPANY

1 review Simcoe County, ON

Garage Door Repair

I hired Prestige to fix a broken spring and other equipment for my garage door. They arrived on time. Both men were very polite and friendly. They took the time to explain the problem, heard my concerns and took the time to answer my questions prior to starting. They cleaned up and left my garage in perfect condition. They both were very courteous and tried to ensure I was happy with the job they had done. I am optimistic that the my experience today will ensure I do not need to use their services again for 10 - 15 years.