Prestige Garage Door Services

Garage Doors & Hardware
Prestige Garage Door Services

Reviews for Prestige Garage Door Services

Garage door repair

Called out by old couple in WAterdown. They charged over $200 to reseat the drive chain and insisted that $1600 of further work was needed. The chain was over tensioned and the shaft broke. Full and proper repair made for $600 ( including new motor thank to the numbskulls at Prestege.)

DONT USE THIS COMPANY

Private User reviews Simcoe County, ON

Garage Door Repair

I hired Prestige to fix a broken spring and other equipment for my garage door. They arrived on time. Both men were very polite and friendly. They took the time to explain the problem, heard my concerns and took the time to answer my questions prior to starting. They cleaned up and left my garage in perfect condition. They both were very courteous and tried to ensure I was happy with the job they had done. I am optimistic that the my experience today will ensure I do not need to use their services again for 10 - 15 years.

Anonymous from Barrie
Anonymous from Barrie
2 reviews Minesing, ON

Garage Door Repair

DO NOT HIRE THIS GUY!!! He advertises in all Yellow Pages directories and gives local number. So you think you're calling a local guy.

Alex is in Toronto and comes to wherever you are. And he'll rip you off. Our garage door was getting stuck. He came Sunday morning to fix it, and quoted us $125 for service and parts (over the phone). Boy, are his parts expensive. What I thought was going to cost me $225, became $950 in 20 minutes.

One bracket was bent. He should've changed just that and done. Instead, he changed that and another one and charged $64 per bracket. He changed all 10 rollers (never asked him to change them) and charged $32.50 per roller (are you kidding me?)

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Service

Terrible service & price. Horrific mistake for calling them for service. Never again. Do not use this company under any circumstances. Do not use this company under any circumstances. Do not use this company under any circumstances.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

spring

I like this company because they are more professional and very good they came within one hour
And gave me a good price and good work
I would to recommend this company for every one to need to fix there garage door

Chris in North York
Chris in North York
1 review Ajax, ON

Garage door spring repair

Do not use this company under any circumstances

I do not know a lot about fixing garage doors and not aware of their pricing. When the spring on my garage door broke my neighbor recommended Prestige Garage Door Services. That was my first mistake actually listening to the recommendation and getting the number and the second was not doing the due diligence involved in choosing a garage door repair service, because if I did than there is no way I would have ever choose Prestige.

When I originally called, I was quoted $85 for a service call and $75 to 150 for the part. Sounded good to me and was easily within my budget. But as soon as the technician arrived the costs started to soar. Now my garage door is old and had never been fixed so when he explained to me that I would need two springs and a set of new drums I understood. He gave me a number of prices on the springs and I went inside and totaled it up. What I came up with was $85 for the service call, (185 x 2) $370 for the 2 springs (note I went for the middle priced springs) and $168 for the set of drums for the doors. All totaled this was $623 before tax. I confirmed with the technician that this was the final total before I let him go ahead with the repairs. If I would have known what the real final bill was I would have given him $85 for the service call and said he could leave.

I also would like to make another couple notes he had arrived at about 3:50 pm and was completed and walking in my door with the bill at around 5:10 pm, which makes the time on the job about 80 minutes. Also note I added 2 more nylon rollers for a total of $40 before tax.

The final bill I was expecting was around $673 plus tax. The final bill I was handed was $1013 plus tax. I could not believe it, here was this extra $350 charge that had not been discussed at all for labor. From a number of reviews this $350 extra charge miraculously appears on a lot of bills at the end of the job. What could I have done not pay the bill, well I couldn’t do that. What I should have done is pay the agreed upon price of $673 plus tax. The only good thing I can say is that the garage door actually works and after reading a lot of reviews online I consider myself lucky when dealing with Prestige.

As you can understand I was upset by the final bill and I decided to call the company back. After 6 calls and a lot of run around I finally found someone who would speak to me and he said their hourly rate is $155 and considering he was only at my place around 80 minutes, a $350 charge over the service call is way too much. I also mentioned that I reviewed the total cost of $673 before approving the repairs and the technician agreed but what I was not told by the technician is they do not include labor until the job is complete. Once again I told the person on the phone if I would have known that the bill would be over $1000 I would have just paid the $85. Of course I didn’t get anywhere with the person on the phone and have decided to use the net as my voice and warn people away from using this company at all costs.

Once again do not use Prestige Garage Door Service under any circumstances. Make sure you shop around and do your own due diligence before you get a shock of having one of their techs hand you a bill.

If you wish to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against this company go to.

If you are using the service in Ontario and want to file a complaint with the government go to.

Aylesbury  in Toronto
Aylesbury in Toronto

Garage door spring

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! On Apr 10,2016 paid 155 for service call 250 for a broken spring replacement, 228 for two rollers and 375 for labour!!!!
Had no choice but to pay, should have asked for quote. But I used Prestige two times before and they did reasonable job. Figured they can now take advantage of my trust.

My neighbor freaked out when he heard this. Also called two other garage repair companies and one quoted just 275 for service call and spring and labour, the other quoted 205. A huge difference from

Garage door emergency repair

I had called prestige garage doors for an emergency garage door repair. They showed up on time and did a great job. The tech took the time to explain everything to me and was very polite. The service was great and the price was reasonable. I highly recommend this company to all my friends.

Opener 1/2 horse power

one thing i really liked about this company is how professional the technician was. Had 2 garage door companies come by to fix a problem before and wasn't successful. one assessment from Alex and he fixed the problem. if your wondering what was the problem the door was grinding against the frame as the door was closing causing friction. I replaced my opener with a 1/2 horse power. Door operates very smoothly. I really appreciated the level of professionalism. Good Job Prestige !!

Looking for Garage Doors & Hardware pros in Scarborough?